Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

"What Can Your God Do That The German Government Hasn't Done For Me???" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "What Can Your God Do That The German Government Hasn't Done For Me???" (1105 Views)

"Did Jesus Raise Himself From The Grave Or Did God Do It?" / Why Would God Do This? / Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"What Can Your God Do That The German Government Hasn't Done For Me???" by Sibe007(m): 9:44pm On Sep 25, 2017
A guy asked a Nigerian Pastor,

"What can your God do that the German Government hasn't done for me"

~ Dan Obaro Ekorhi
Re: "What Can Your God Do That The German Government Hasn't Done For Me???" by greatnaija01: 9:48pm On Sep 25, 2017
pls complete the post with the pastor's reply else close this thread..... A FOOL IS THE ONE WHO SAYS THERE IS NO GOD.

Sibe007:

~ Dan Obaro Ekorhi

2 Likes

Re: "What Can Your God Do That The German Government Hasn't Done For Me???" by ashlyfab78(m): 9:55pm On Sep 25, 2017
Let the German government wake him up if he finally dies.....job 14:13-15

2 Likes

Re: "What Can Your God Do That The German Government Hasn't Done For Me???" by hopefulLandlord: 10:00pm On Sep 25, 2017
ashlyfab78:
how many certified dead people that are woken up do you personally know?

1 Like

Re: "What Can Your God Do That The German Government Hasn't Done For Me???" by hopefulLandlord: 10:01pm On Sep 25, 2017
greatnaija01:
pls complete the post with the pastor's reply else close this thread..... A FOOL IS THE ONE WHO SAYS THERE IS NO GOD.

A wise man says it out loud
Re: "What Can Your God Do That The German Government Hasn't Done For Me???" by Hier(m): 10:03pm On Sep 25, 2017
ashlyfab78:
Re: "What Can Your God Do That The German Government Hasn't Done For Me???" by Hier(m): 10:08pm On Sep 25, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
how many certified dead people that are woken up do you personally know?

we don't have to have a neighbour

https://www.naij.com/1111060-full-story-nigerian-man-allegedly-woke-declared-dead.html
Re: "What Can Your God Do That The German Government Hasn't Done For Me???" by orbgoblin: 10:09pm On Sep 25, 2017
You mean "WHEN" he dies.m
ashlyfab78:
Re: "What Can Your God Do That The German Government Hasn't Done For Me???" by Sibe007(m): 10:14pm On Sep 25, 2017
Hier:

we don't have to have a neighbour

https://www.naij.com/1111060-full-story-nigerian-man-allegedly-woke-declared-dead.html

Stories by Nigerians of a Nigerian confirmed dead by Nigerians..... Well, got something else?

I believe in unexplainable or add to explain occurrences tho..
Re: "What Can Your God Do That The German Government Hasn't Done For Me???" by felixomor: 10:19pm On Sep 25, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

A wise man says it out loud
Only loud
On nairaland...
And on keyboard warrior mode
Re: "What Can Your God Do That The German Government Hasn't Done For Me???" by Hier(m): 10:19pm On Sep 25, 2017
Sibe007:

Stories by Nigerians of a Nigerian confirmed , Nigerians..... Well, got something else?

I believe in unexplainable or add to explain occurrences tho..

But he woke up at least, that's thee one I can relate with or do you want Jesus and Lazarus, of course I'm 100% as sure they rose and your non believe doesn't count bye.
Re: "What Can Your God Do That The German Government Hasn't Done For Me???" by vaxx: 10:30pm On Sep 25, 2017
Sibe007:

~ Dan Obaro Ekorhi
firstly..... take note of what German govt can not do for you first.....

German government can not give you peace ... peace is a state of the mind...
what I consider peace may be different from other...

German govt can fail you. your trust in them is not guaranty..... no constant govt... government changes...

now what can God do for you... take note of this statement... God does not require you.... you require him... therefore your failure to acknowledged he can do what German govt can not do for you is baseless.... it is your duty to seek for him in taught ,meditation or self taking to realise how capable he is...
Re: "What Can Your God Do That The German Government Hasn't Done For Me???" by dalaman: 10:34pm On Sep 25, 2017
greatnaija01:

A bigger fool is the one that says there is a God.
Re: "What Can Your God Do That The German Government Hasn't Done For Me???" by hahn(m): 10:37pm On Sep 25, 2017
greatnaija01:

Only fools believe in god smiley

1 Like

Re: "What Can Your God Do That The German Government Hasn't Done For Me???" by Sibe007(m): 11:22pm On Sep 25, 2017
vaxx:
firstly..... take note of what German govt can not do for you first.....

German government can not give you peace ... peace is a state of the mind...
what I consider peace may be different from other...

German govt can fail you. your trust in them is not guaranty..... no constant govt... government changes...

now what can God do for you... take note of this statement... God does not require you.... you require him... therefore your failure to acknowledged he can do what German govt can not do for you is baseless.... it is your duty to seek for him in taught ,meditation or self taking to realise how capable he is...

Found it hard to get your point or answer to the Man's question

You said what one defines as peace will differ from person to person....
So if the man says the German government can give him peace of mind, according to his own definition. What else?

Plus if he tells you his government has not failed him, good healthcare when or if he falls ill, security of lives and properties, secure and bright future for his kids, and other benefits,all provided by his Government, what else should he need your religion for??

2 Likes

Re: "What Can Your God Do That The German Government Hasn't Done For Me???" by vaxx: 11:48pm On Sep 25, 2017
Sibe007:

Found it hard to get your point or answer to the Man's question

You said what one defines as peace will differ from person to person....
So if the man says the German government can give him peace of mind, according to his own definition. What else?

Plus if he tells you his government has not failed him, good healthcare when or if he falls ill, security of lives and properties, secure and bright future for his kids, and other benefits,all provided by his Government, what else should he need your religion for??
it seems you do not get the message I am trying to pass...

I mention peace as a state of mind that has different individual definition...

he may see himself peaceful but the society may consider him living in hell... because what he consider as peace in general sense may be hell to others.... therefore society will say he is not peaceful even if he himself accept he is peaceful......

for the second question... he can't guaranty that German govt will not fail him...govt changes and German is not an exception.... for now he may not have witness failure but what assurance those he have to guaranty the trust throughout his stay in Germany?

as I said....God does not require him, he require God... it is not necessary for him to be religious ... being religious can be optional.... it will not demote or add to to the qualities of God....
Re: "What Can Your God Do That The German Government Hasn't Done For Me???" by ScienceWatch: 12:09am On Sep 26, 2017
That pastor should have told you that the German government did a lot for you and other Atheists like your sorry self.

a 22-year old study at a German University has shocked many psychiatrists and psychologists throughout the world, wondering if atheism/ deism, agnosticsm is a sign or warning of a more serious mental illness already present or in the process of developing. Atheists or people who are very strident about their atheism are heavily prone to mental illness:

“There were 17,809 people in the study. It was a very large model as far as psychological experiments go.” This came as quite a shock to us as we studied patient after patient.”

The results of this study have unnerved even the most stoic scientists, physicians and researchers.
Re: "What Can Your God Do That The German Government Hasn't Done For Me???" by segunojo866: 1:10am On Sep 26, 2017
ScienceWatch:
That pastor should have told you that the German government did a lot for you and other Atheists like your sorry self.

a 22-year old study at a German University has shocked many psychiatrists and psychologists throughout the world, wondering if atheism/ deism, agnosticsm is a sign or warning of a more serious mental illness already present or in the process of developing. Atheists or people who are very strident about their atheism are heavily prone to mental illness:

“There were 17,809 people in the study. It was a very large model as far as psychological experiments go.” This came as quite a shock to us as we studied patient after patient.”

The results of this study have unnerved even the most stoic scientists, physicians and researchers.
okay sir, I think you are not understanding the concept of atheism. If someone don't believe in Jehovah, Allah or any other delusional God, does it mean the person is sick? A God that burns another man continuously in fire for eternity is that God normal or mentally and physically disturb? I don't hate your non existing God.
Re: "What Can Your God Do That The German Government Hasn't Done For Me???" by segunojo866: 1:11am On Sep 26, 2017
greatnaija01:

God advocate grin
Re: "What Can Your God Do That The German Government Hasn't Done For Me???" by segunojo866: 1:13am On Sep 26, 2017
vaxx:
it seems you do not get the message I am trying to pass...

I mention peace as a state of mind that has different individual definition...

he may see himself peaceful but the society may consider him living in hell... because what he consider as peace in general sense may be hell to others.... therefore society will say he is not peaceful even if he himself accept he is peaceful......

for the second question... he can't guaranty that German govt will not fail him...govt changes and German is not an exception.... for now he may not have witness failure but what assurance those he have to guaranty the trust throughout his stay in Germany?

as I said....God does not require him, he require God... it is not necessary for him to be religious ... being religious can be optional.... it will not demote or add to to the qualities of God....
nobody needs a delusional non existing God
Re: "What Can Your God Do That The German Government Hasn't Done For Me???" by vaxx: 6:58am On Sep 26, 2017
segunojo866:
nobody needs a delusional non existing God
stop hating the being you consider he is not existing..... free your mind from is taught...... he is not existing , why should you be worried?....

they are over 7 billion humans in the world to attend to apart from other living things in land and water..... so your non believing in him is insignificant........ ?

1 Like

Re: "What Can Your God Do That The German Government Hasn't Done For Me???" by terrezo2002(m): 7:16am On Sep 26, 2017
Let the German government supply his oxygen, water and create their own resources for him because everything you enjoy in this world comes to you freely. We were all born to meet the natural resources. God created them for you.
When his German government becomes helpless maybe then he will have the sense to cry out to God.

1 Like

Re: "What Can Your God Do That The German Government Hasn't Done For Me???" by hopefulLandlord: 7:25am On Sep 26, 2017
terrezo2002:
Let the German government supply his oxygen, water and create their own resources for him because everything you enjoy in this world comes to you freely. We were all born to meet the natural resources. God created them for you.
When his German government becomes helpless maybe then he will have the sense to cry out to God.

You might not notice it but your post actually agrees with the guy, you had to paint alternate scenarios in order to give god importance, you had to appeal to emotions and other vapid and banal things just to cling to the last limp vestiges of an obsolete bronze age superstition

It seems to me that a lot of progressive Christians/theists are 1 good look in the mirror and the question 'why do I believe any of this stuff anyway?' away from leaving Christianity/theism altogether

about your last paragraph, read https://www.nairaland.com/3363695/there-no-atheists-foxholes-how
Re: "What Can Your God Do That The German Government Hasn't Done For Me???" by vaxx: 7:53am On Sep 26, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

You might not notice it but your post actually agrees with the guy, you had to paint alternate scenarios in order to give god importance, you had to appeal to emotions and other vapid and banal things just to cling to the last limp vestiges of an obsolete bronze age superstition

It seems to me that a lot of progressive Christians/theists are 1 good look in the mirror and the question 'why do I believe any of this stuff anyway?' away from leaving Christianity/theism altogether

about your last paragraph, read https://www.nairaland.com/3363695/there-no-atheists-foxholes-how
I will like to treat this topic with you someday.... I found it very interesting...
Re: "What Can Your God Do That The German Government Hasn't Done For Me???" by hopefulLandlord: 7:56am On Sep 26, 2017
vaxx:
I will like to treat this topic with you someday.... I found it very interesting...
we can discuss on the thread anytime, a lot of people have raised their objections there and we've learnt from each other's points, the last person that did is a Muslim and I found his some of his points interesting, its just a pity he deactivated his monicker soon after

2 Likes

Re: "What Can Your God Do That The German Government Hasn't Done For Me???" by petra1(m): 8:14am On Sep 26, 2017
Sibe007:

~ Dan Obaro Ekorhi

...GIVING ETERNAL LIFE!!
Re: "What Can Your God Do That The German Government Hasn't Done For Me???" by Sibe007(m): 11:05pm On Sep 26, 2017
petra1:

...GIVING ETERNAL LIFE!!

That being something no human anywhere can quantify, testify of what that means or how it feels, or even if there is anything like that.

So if the German sees no use or need for eternal life, what then or what else will be the value proposed?

(1) (Reply)

What Was The Essence Of Mo Salahs Prayer Before The Game / This Is Why The Book Of Enoch Was Removed From The Scriptures / "Judge Not" & "Judge Righteously", How Do We Reconcile The Two?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.