Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused (662 Views)

Should I Continue With Mathematics Or Write JAMB To Study Computer Science? / Who Here Is Schooling Or Working At Kwara State Polytechnic? / Which Is Advisable: Schooling Or Learning Skills? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused by rodDICK(m): 7:47am On Jan 28, 2017
hello nairalanders I'm in a dilemma right now and I need real advice. I do hope I get a very wise one because I haven't enough time on my clock. the mods can also help me to push this to FP because its my future at stake.

I'm in a position where I don't know whether to continue schooling - MSc, or accept a job offer.

after my BSc, I didn't want to continue on with my course of study because I realised I hadn't much passion for it, I went in to study mathematics because it came my way and at the time I couldn't say no to an admission. so after nysc, I went in to do a PGD in geography and environmental management. i already had love for the geosciences. came out with a good result that qualified me for a MSc in any of the related discipline. I applied for environmental hazard management and got the admission.

at this point things became more difficult with the recession and it is clear to me that I won't be having any support. school fees has increased and the cost of running the MSc has gone high. on the other side, I've been applying for jobs as a HSE officer/manager which I have some years of experience working during the break within my programs. I just missed a job in nestoil because my guy in there didn't act fast to recommend me when there was emergency vacancy. however, because of the disappointment they have offered me a job as a HSE officer in a seismic company. they have asked me to come on Monday 30th January.

by calendar I'm suppose to start MSc lectures on the same date. I have drained my brain thinking of what to do....whether to take the job and differ my admission perhaps, or to go on with the MSc and ignore the job for now...

I know that a lot of you folks out there have been in a similar situation or you know someone who was. please your advice is needed, I don't want to make a mistake that I will regret...and I just have less than 2 days before the interviews on Monday morning.

please mods help me get this to front page. I'm depending on their advice. this is my last resort. thanks
Re: Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused by Osgilliat(m): 7:53am On Jan 28, 2017
Don't know what to tell you.. Why don't you use your instinct.
Re: Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused by dingbang(m): 7:57am On Jan 28, 2017
I advise you to take the job.. It will be the best decision you are gona make this year

1 Like

Re: Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused by iyisco2001(m): 8:10am On Jan 28, 2017
Screw msc, take the job, apply for unilag part time masters.

1 Like

Re: Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused by rodDICK(m): 8:31am On Jan 28, 2017
dingbang:
I advise you to take the job.. It will be the best decision you are gona make this year

thank you for your advice. I appreciate
Re: Do I Continue Schooling Or Accept This Job Offer - So Confused by rodDICK(m): 8:33am On Jan 28, 2017
iyisco2001:
Screw msc, take the job, apply for unilag part time masters.

thanx for the advice.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Girl Becomes President Of The Harvard Law Review / Kogi State University, Ksu ASUU Chapter Has Embarked On Indefinite Strike / 10 Classic Word Puzzles To Challenge Your Verbal Brain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.