Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,316 members, 7,829,760 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

How Can A Nation Of Over 180million If They Depend On Less Dan 5,000MW Of Power? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Can A Nation Of Over 180million If They Depend On Less Dan 5,000MW Of Power? (421 Views)

Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw / Nationwide Blackout Imminent As Power Generation Falls Below 3,000MW / How Can A Nation Of Over 180million If They Depend On Less Dan 5,000MW Of Power? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can A Nation Of Over 180million If They Depend On Less Dan 5,000MW Of Power? by mzirawo: 7:52am On Jan 28, 2017
How can a nation of over 180million people depend on less than 5,000MW of power? How can we grow economically? Where will the development come from when we don't have the capacity by chris
source : http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/01/how-can-nation-of-over-180million.html
This is really disturbing...

Last night while surfing the net, I stumbled on some very shocking information. Do you know China generates about 5,682TW (Terawatts) of electricity. I'm pretty sure 99% of Nigerians don't even know what a Terawatts is...

If I remember correctly, some time last year the Minister of Power said Nigeria has the potential of generating 12,000MW (Megawatts) but unfortunately we've only attained a maximum of 5,000MW in the history of a country of 180million people.

Now I decided to use a converter to see what China and other industrialized nations who operate within the Terawatts region will generate in Megawatts.

So let's convert terawatts to megawatts;

China. 5,682,000,000MW
USA. 4,324,000,000MW
India. 1,368,000,000MW
Japan. 995,000,000MW
UK. 338,000,000MW
Nigeria. 5,000MW

Seriously Nigerians, is this possible? Did I make a mistake in my conversion because I don't want to believe this...

Are we cursed or what? With all the abundance in this country! What sort of people are we? Yet we rally round these politicians and so called clergy men and support blindly based on tribe or religion, when at the long run we're the ones being screwed!

How can a nation of over 180million people depend on less than 5,000MW of power? How can we grow economically? Where will the development come from when we don't have the capacity.

All we engage ourselves in are tribal/religious wars/killings daily, corrupt leaders in the public and private sectors looting the country's wealth, lawlessness without fear of the law, broken down systems, schools, hospitals, basic infrastructure all collapsed.

I can't believe where we are as a nation. Its a shame really! We should be ashamed of ourselves as Nigerians. I wonder what other nations think about us.

Re: How Can A Nation Of Over 180million If They Depend On Less Dan 5,000MW Of Power? by moscow0147(m): 7:56am On Jan 28, 2017
We as a nigerians are to blame for our predicament, 5000MW is a big disgrace..a politician will steal 1 billion and give us 1 million naira and we would say he is a good man, the main problem in nigeria is religion and that "state of origin" nonsense
Re: How Can A Nation Of Over 180million If They Depend On Less Dan 5,000MW Of Power? by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 28, 2017
Okay.
Re: How Can A Nation Of Over 180million If They Depend On Less Dan 5,000MW Of Power? by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 28, 2017
The original writer forgot to also include that we produced 0MW just this past week.

LMAO.
Nigeria is a big joke.

All our so-called politicians right from 1960 should be gathered together and burnt at the stake like they burn witches. But guess what? A people deserve the kind of leadership they get.

I'm ashamed of being a Nigerian and an African.

We are just useless as a people. We celebrate mundane things and argue over which tribe is the best. When we are done with that we begin another stupid argument with Ghanaians over whose JOLOF RICE is better tasting. What an accomplishment!
Re: How Can A Nation Of Over 180million If They Depend On Less Dan 5,000MW Of Power? by Nobody: 8:14am On Jan 28, 2017
mzirawo:
How can a nation of over 180million people depend on less than 5,000MW of power? How can we grow economically? Where will the development come from when we don't have the capacity by chris
source : http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/01/how-can-nation-of-over-180million.html
This is really disturbing...

Last night while surfing the net, I stumbled on some very shocking information. Do you know China generates about 5,682TW (Terawatts) of electricity. I'm pretty sure 99% of Nigerians don't even know what a Terawatts is...

If I remember correctly, some time last year the Minister of Power said Nigeria has the potential of generating 12,000MW (Megawatts) but unfortunately we've only attained a maximum of 5,000MW in the history of a country of 180million people.

Now I decided to use a converter to see what China and other industrialized nations who operate within the Terawatts region will generate in Megawatts.

So let's convert terawatts to megawatts;

China. 5,682,000,000MW
USA. 4,324,000,000MW
India. 1,368,000,000MW
Japan. 995,000,000MW
UK. 338,000,000MW
Nigeria. 5,000MW

Seriously Nigerians, is this possible? Did I make a mistake in my conversion because I don't want to believe this...

Are we cursed or what? With all the abundance in this country! What sort of people are we? Yet we rally round these politicians and so called clergy men and support blindly based on tribe or religion, when at the long run we're the ones being screwed!

How can a nation of over 180million people depend on less than 5,000MW of power? How can we grow economically? Where will the development come from when we don't have the capacity.

All we engage ourselves in are tribal/religious wars/killings daily, corrupt leaders in the public and private sectors looting the country's wealth, lawlessness without fear of the law, broken down systems, schools, hospitals, basic infrastructure all collapsed.

I can't believe where we are as a nation. Its a shame really! We should be ashamed of ourselves as Nigerians. I wonder what other nations think about us.
Did you forget about the $16 billion power sector fraud committted by OBJ and Liyel Imoke during his tenure?Nigeria leaders like darkness,they made a pact to ensure Nigerians never experience light in the country.
Re: How Can A Nation Of Over 180million If They Depend On Less Dan 5,000MW Of Power? by Mustack: 8:25am On Jan 28, 2017
We should break let's everyone face his own problem
Re: How Can A Nation Of Over 180million If They Depend On Less Dan 5,000MW Of Power? by malware: 8:34am On Jan 28, 2017
See pikin, so you're still asking how abi? Oya come to NIGERIA and see how it's done
Re: How Can A Nation Of Over 180million If They Depend On Less Dan 5,000MW Of Power? by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 28, 2017
mzirawo:

Trust me you don't want to know,I met a Kenyan Girl who told me her parent warned her to stay away from Nigerians,that we were all fraudsters and into drugs. We do ourselves no favour in regards to how we are perceived by the outside world.

1 Like

Re: How Can A Nation Of Over 180million If They Depend On Less Dan 5,000MW Of Power? by gfullmoon(m): 9:47am On Jan 28, 2017
Nigeria might be the highest importer of Generating sets. That pollutes the air.
Most of our Politicians are into occult that are more active in the night or dark, so they will continue to frustrate sustainable electricity generation in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari’s Death Rumour: “vaccinating” Nigerians Against Fake News Peddlers / The Perfect Con / FG Appoints Usman Mohammed Interim TCN Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.