Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,124 members, 7,860,055 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:10 AM

Why Buhari Should Not Address The Nation From London - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Should Not Address The Nation From London (789 Views)

Biafra: Kanu's Lawyer Ejiofor Address The World After Ecowas Court Today(video) / Is It Right For President Buhari To Address The Nation In Hausa? / Why Can't ABU Address The 'Dino Melaye's Certificate Saga'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Buhari Should Not Address The Nation From London by Daviddson(m): 1:36pm On Jan 28, 2017
It has become a ritual for mischievous people to trend that the President is dead whenever he travels overseas for holiday or medical checkup. Actually, it started right from the campaign days when it went viral that the then APC candidate was suddenly flown to London in an air ambulance. They mounted all sort of pressure on APC to prove otherwise....

Fast forward to June 2016, Buhari again (this time, now President) went to London for another working holiday and the agents of mischievousness began spinning the room of Buhari's death. In fact, here on Nairaland, one person opened an infamous thread with an eye-catching title "What if I told you...", attempting to get people believe that he had credible info that the President was now in a vegetative state.

Now, the same thing is reoccurring as I write now. "The president is dead", they're broadcasting - North, South, West and East.

The question now is: should the president or his handlers go to the low level of these evil rumor mongers by always trying to disprove these unfounded rumors? I do not share that opinion.

I need your opinion too - even if you differ. State your point of view with cogent reasons.

CC: Corrinthians Donsmith123 OsusuMustFollow Modath
Re: Why Buhari Should Not Address The Nation From London by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 28, 2017
Okay.
Re: Why Buhari Should Not Address The Nation From London by chriskosherbal(m): 1:43pm On Jan 28, 2017
Well I think his reasons are best known to him.
Re: Why Buhari Should Not Address The Nation From London by Ebubeslym(m): 1:47pm On Jan 28, 2017
As a public office holder, you are required by law to intimate your people on your day to day life.

If you can't stand the scrutiny of a public life, its better you resign than make a mess of things.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Should Not Address The Nation From London by Daviddson(m): 1:49pm On Jan 28, 2017
chriskosherbal:
Well I think his reasons are best known to him.
Yes, and the simple reason is the need to ignore irrelevant rumors. You have to ask yourself: why should I waste my time to continue to dispel rumors that I'm not dead, especially when it's a certain group (not tribe pls), who are the ones repetitively doing this? How long am I going to continue doing that?
Re: Why Buhari Should Not Address The Nation From London by DONSMITH123(m): 1:51pm On Jan 28, 2017
Did Buhari even has anything to do with the critics?
It's better he stays mute.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Should Not Address The Nation From London by Daviddson(m): 1:57pm On Jan 28, 2017
DONSMITH123:
Did Buhari even has anything to do with the critics?

It's better he stays mute.
Correct. Let the silence torment those hate-ridden people, whoever they are.
Re: Why Buhari Should Not Address The Nation From London by petrov10: 2:21pm On Jan 28, 2017
Daviddson:
Correct. Let the silence torment those hate-ridden people, who ever they are.
bro don't take it personal jor

I for one would be satisfied if he gives us any signal that he's fine
I mean, it's not everyday you hear head of states of other country going to UK to watch channel TV na

if he is sick the nation deserves to know too, and we will pray for his recovery
anytin at all they should let the public know. what's the point keeping mute. he is a public office holder. he lives and breath for Nigeria now.

don't be like femi adesina that mumu that doesn't know his left from his right
Re: Why Buhari Should Not Address The Nation From London by Daviddson(m): 3:00pm On Jan 28, 2017
petrov10:

if he is sick the nation deserves to know too, and we will pray for his recovery
anytin at all they should let the public know. what's the point keeping mute.
You're probably one in a thousand who are sincerely concerned. But for the death-wishers, he does not owe them any other proof apart from that picture. Remember, this set of people have made it their trade. Hardly had he left the shores of Nigeria before they start carrying fake news of having evidence he's in a so and so hospital.
Re: Why Buhari Should Not Address The Nation From London by adem30: 3:15pm On Jan 28, 2017
petrov10:

I mean, it's not everyday you hear head of states of other country going to UK to watch channel TV na

anytin at all they should let the public know. what's the point keeping mute. he is a public office holder. he lives and breath for Nigeria now.

don't be like femi adesina that mumu that doesn't know his left from his right

And since he said he is alive and not sick, why are you people disturbing yourselves?

I love the way he is tormenting his haters with silence. Keeping them busy with that before they get another thing to wail about.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Should Not Address The Nation From London by petrov10: 3:51pm On Jan 28, 2017
adem30:

And since he said he is alive and not sick, why are you people disturbing yourselves?

I love the way he is tormenting his haters with silence. Keeping them busy with that before they get another thing to wail about.
since he said? when did buhari said this said

all iv been hearing is femi adesina

buhari is not tormenting anybody with silence. rather causing chaos intentionally if actually he's fine.
Re: Why Buhari Should Not Address The Nation From London by adem30: 4:34pm On Jan 28, 2017
petrov10:
since he said? when did buhari said this said

all iv been hearing is femi adesina

buhari is not tormenting anybody with silence. rather causing chaos intentionally if actually he's fine.

Seems you need to know the function of Femi Adesina before you understand why I said so.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Ondo Assembly Paymaster Caught With N15 Million / Kogi People Suffering Under Bello, faleke Tells Presidency - The nation / Thinline Between Osibanjo And GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.