Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

I Bet You Have Not Seen This Statue Before - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Bet You Have Not Seen This Statue Before (4957 Views)

UNILAG Student Rusticated For Twerking With The Statue Of Former VC / Not Seen Your Utme Result. Come In Here!! / Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Bet You Have Not Seen This Statue Before by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 28, 2017
I bet you’ve never observed this statue. Neither had I until today. It’s “The African Renaissance Monument” in Senegal. Bronze IN Colour and 160 feet tall..

Check out more pic and details below;
http://eragbaiblog.com.ng/60-foot-tall-african-renaissance-monument-statue-senegal/

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Bet You Have Not Seen This Statue Before by Inkman(m): 2:11pm On Jan 28, 2017
Wow.. Indeed First time shocked
Re: I Bet You Have Not Seen This Statue Before by Faremisodeeq(m): 2:51pm On Jan 28, 2017
That pics has been my wallpaper $ince 2014

10 Likes

Re: I Bet You Have Not Seen This Statue Before by Jglad(f): 3:46pm On Jan 28, 2017
Wow! In Senegal? OK, noted
Re: I Bet You Have Not Seen This Statue Before by Nickymezor(f): 4:17pm On Jan 28, 2017
Jst seeing it too
Re: I Bet You Have Not Seen This Statue Before by BlackOnassis(m): 4:19pm On Jan 28, 2017
I have seen this statue. When it was completed, some muslim clerics complained the woman is scantily clad. Abdoulaye Wade, the former president of Senegal, told them to go to hell cool

29 Likes

Re: I Bet You Have Not Seen This Statue Before by Aremu01(m): 5:03pm On Jan 28, 2017
That's huge
Re: I Bet You Have Not Seen This Statue Before by bankyblue(m): 6:41pm On Jan 28, 2017
Wow, that looks cool!
Re: I Bet You Have Not Seen This Statue Before by ednut1(m): 7:10pm On Jan 28, 2017
So we shud click ur blog. Well its not a new thing. It was built by a North Korean company
Re: I Bet You Have Not Seen This Statue Before by MrHenshaw: 8:08pm On Jan 28, 2017
rufusong:
I bet you’ve never observed this statue. Neither had I until today. It’s “The African Renaissance Monument” in Senegal. Bronze IN Colour and 160 feet tall..

http://eragbaiblog.com.ng/60-foot-tall-african-renaissance-monument-statue-senegal/

Looks more like a kidnapper

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Bet You Have Not Seen This Statue Before by schoolhelpng(m): 9:07pm On Jan 28, 2017
but I have seen it before...
Re: I Bet You Have Not Seen This Statue Before by Idydarling(f): 9:43pm On Jan 28, 2017
BlackOnassis:
I have seen this statue. When it was completed, some muslim clerics complained the woman is scantily clad. Abdoulaye Wade, the former president of Senegal, told them to go to hell cool
that's my man

1 Like

Re: I Bet You Have Not Seen This Statue Before by urahara(m): 9:49pm On Jan 28, 2017
rufusong:

shocked shocked shocked
Re: I Bet You Have Not Seen This Statue Before by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 28, 2017
I've seen it before.
Re: I Bet You Have Not Seen This Statue Before by hahn(m): 10:33pm On Jan 28, 2017
BlackOnassis:

Muslim men and pvssy

3 Likes

Re: I Bet You Have Not Seen This Statue Before by MarkGeraldo(m): 10:55pm On Jan 28, 2017
Great work of art...Thumbs up for those behind this sculpture

indeed, its my 3rd timegrin
Re: I Bet You Have Not Seen This Statue Before by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 28, 2017
Incredible! I can't even mould a 3 feet chair right not talk of over a hundred feet of pure masterpiece
Re: I Bet You Have Not Seen This Statue Before by ghettowriter(m): 11:40pm On Jan 28, 2017
To say the truth, my first time seeing this. Pretty cool.
Re: I Bet You Have Not Seen This Statue Before by daveP(m): 12:04am On Jan 29, 2017
This is Incredible!!
Re: I Bet You Have Not Seen This Statue Before by BCharles: 12:23am On Jan 29, 2017
Nice
Re: I Bet You Have Not Seen This Statue Before by jericco1(m): 2:09am On Jan 29, 2017
Master piece
Re: I Bet You Have Not Seen This Statue Before by Nobody: 3:58am On Jan 29, 2017
Wow!
Re: I Bet You Have Not Seen This Statue Before by abnsugbe: 4:13am On Jan 29, 2017
BlackOnassis:

islam,sometimes i wonder many things about this guys like
were are they really from
are they reallying serving God
why are they hypocrites

1 Like

Re: I Bet You Have Not Seen This Statue Before by lazinny(m): 6:20am On Jan 29, 2017
Have come across it before, was built by a North Korean company
Re: I Bet You Have Not Seen This Statue Before by bbm2016(m): 6:28am On Jan 29, 2017
abnsugbe:

islam,sometimes i wonder many things about this guys like
were are they really from
are they reallying serving God
why are they hypocrites

Never use someone comment or your opinion to judge
Cause you know a bad Muslim doesn't mean all Muslims are terrible
Change your opinion
Am a proud Muslim
Re: I Bet You Have Not Seen This Statue Before by polite2(m): 9:26am On Jan 29, 2017
Incredable
Re: I Bet You Have Not Seen This Statue Before by fiftynaira(m): 9:35am On Jan 29, 2017
Senegalese opposition leaders also questioned the style of the project, while art critics argued that the body shapes are cartoon-like, with only vaguely African facial features.[1] It was also suggested that the monument is a stark representation of the macho sexism of African authoritarian rulers.[9] The statue's design was derided internationally because of false claims of its Senegalese origin, actually having been designed by a Romanian architect and built by a North Korean sculpting company famous for various projects and large statues throughout Africa since the 1970s.[10] It was a poorly received piece by art critics around the world after its much-delayed unveiling in 2010 and was compared by some to the infamous (and once-abandoned) Christopher Columbus statue project that was unveiled in Arecibo, Puerto Rico in 2016.[11] Local imams argued that a statue depicting a human figure is idolatrous and objected to the perceived immodesty of the semi-nude male and female figures.[12]

In December 2009, President Abdoulaye Wade apologised to Senegal's Christian minority for comparing the statue to Jesus Christ.[1]

1 Like

Re: I Bet You Have Not Seen This Statue Before by Imoy(m): 10:05am On Jan 29, 2017
Incredible
Re: I Bet You Have Not Seen This Statue Before by ReneeNuttall(f): 11:06am On Jan 29, 2017
I could spend the entire day leaning and staring at that statue, so lovely
Re: I Bet You Have Not Seen This Statue Before by abdulaz: 11:21am On Jan 29, 2017
fiftynaira:
Senegalese opposition leaders also questioned the style of the project, while art critics argued that the body shapes are cartoon-like, with only vaguely African facial features.[1] It was also suggested that the monument is a stark representation of the macho sexism of African authoritarian rulers.[9] The statue's design was derided internationally because of false claims of its Senegalese origin, actually having been designed by a Romanian architect and built by a North Korean sculpting company famous for various projects and large statues throughout Africa since the 1970s.[10] It was a poorly received piece by art critics around the world after its much-delayed unveiling in 2010 and was compared by some to the infamous (and once-abandoned) Christopher Columbus statue project that was unveiled in Arecibo, Puerto Rico in 2016.[11] Local imams argued that a statue depicting a human figure is idolatrous and objected to the perceived immodesty of the semi-nude male and female figures.[12]

In December 2009, President Abdoulaye Wade apologised to Senegal's Christian minority for comparing the statue to Jesus Christ.[1]
grin
Re: I Bet You Have Not Seen This Statue Before by castrol180(m): 11:22am On Jan 29, 2017
rufusong:

guy receive life, I have seen and observed it in uncountable times, am even going to Dakar tomorrow, the statue was designed by the Senegalese architect Pierre Goudiaby after an idea presented by president Abdoulaye Wade and built by Mansudae Overseas Projects, a company from North Korea. Site preparation on top of the 100-meter high hill began in 2006, and construction of the bronze statue began 3 April 2008.
Re: I Bet You Have Not Seen This Statue Before by malakus(m): 12:08pm On Jan 29, 2017
Great art work

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uniben 2011/2012 Fresher / Where Can A Pharmacologist Work? / When Ur In Ur Final Year And U Get A Gud Lecturer As Ur Prject Supervisor (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.