Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,942 members, 7,828,308 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

FG Approves $1.2bn For Kano-kaduna Rail Project - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Approves $1.2bn For Kano-kaduna Rail Project (922 Views)

Buhari Completes 12 Stations Of The Abuja Light Rail Project (Pictures) / President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service / SGF Suspension: How Threat To Withhold $1:2bn EU Aid Forced Buhari's Hand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Approves $1.2bn For Kano-kaduna Rail Project by dammy13(m): 4:58pm On Jan 28, 2017
The Federal Government has approved 1.2 billion US dollars for the construction of the Kano-Kaduna standard gauge railway project.

Minister of Transport, Mr Rotimi Amechi, disclosed this in Kano on Saturday when he visited Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje at the Government House, Kano.

He said that the Federal Government was negotiating with China EXIM bank to finance the project.

“We are negotiating with China EXIM bank and we are convince that this negotiation will end by June,” he said.

The minister said that the Federal Government would provide about 100 locomotives for narrow gauge rail that would run through Lagos, Kano, Port Harcourt, Funtua and Gombe to improve the economy.

“Before the end of June Lagos-Kano narrow gauge rail would have more locomotives that would run through Lagos, Port Harcourt, Funtua, Kano and Gombe states in order to boost the economy,” he said.

Amechi, however, thanked the governor for his efforts and the role he played during the last National Assembly election in Rivers where the party won one senatorial seat and four House of representative seats.

Responding, Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje, expressed his happiness and commended the president for fulfilling campaign promise.

He said that Kano-Kaduna standard rail project would save the road from total collapse.

Ganduje said that the state government recently signed a $1.8 billion Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with a Chinese firm to construct light rail in the state capital.

He said that the light rail project would give a mega city outlook similar to other cities across the world.

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2017/01/fg-approves-12bn-for-kano-kaduna-rail.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique
Re: FG Approves $1.2bn For Kano-kaduna Rail Project by Afam4eva(m): 5:07pm On Jan 28, 2017
We keep talking about justice and fairness but all the actions the government takes, says the opposite. Since i've been seeing budgets of rail lines from Lagos to Kano, Lagos to Ibadan, Kano to Kaduna, i'm yet to see one from Enugu too Porthacourt and from Aba to Asaba or something or even a rail line that connect Lagos to the east. Why's everything going up north.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves $1.2bn For Kano-kaduna Rail Project by mccoy47(m): 5:14pm On Jan 28, 2017
Hey God! Buhari and Amaechi u ppl should fear God na!
$1.2 billion for a 50km rail!!!

Tomorrow the shameless goat would scream Jonathan was corrupt! angry

1 Like

Re: FG Approves $1.2bn For Kano-kaduna Rail Project by Blue3k(m): 5:17pm On Jan 28, 2017
Sounds like good news for stadard gage. Why narrow gage rails though or is it referencing something else?

The minister said that the Federal Government would provide about 100 locomotives for narrow gauge rail that would run through Lagos, Kano, Port Harcourt, Funtua and Gombe to improve the economy.

“Before the end of June Lagos-Kano narrow gauge rail would have more locomotives that would run through Lagos, Port Harcourt, Funtua, Kano and Gombe states in order to boost the economy,” he said.
Re: FG Approves $1.2bn For Kano-kaduna Rail Project by saintkash(m): 5:21pm On Jan 28, 2017
mccoy47:
Hey God! Buhari and Amaechi u ppl should fear God na!
$1.2 billion for a 50km rail!!!

Tomorrow the shameless goat would scream Jonathan was corrupt! angry

Is kano-Kaduna 50km? Guy fear God na...kano -Kaduna is about 220km...

4 Likes

Re: FG Approves $1.2bn For Kano-kaduna Rail Project by AZeD1(m): 5:27pm On Jan 28, 2017
Afam4eva:
We keep talking about justice and fairness but all the actions the government takes, says the opposite. Since i've been seeing budgets of rail lines from Lagos to Kano, Lagos to Ibadan, Kano to Kaduna, i'm yet to see one from Enugu too Porthacourt and from Aba to Asaba or something or even a rail line that connect Lagos to the east. Why's everything going up north.
There's actually supposed to be a rail line that connects the south I.e Lagos - Ibadan - Benin - PH - Otuoke

PS: i missed some routes.

Update: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/fg-ccecc-sign-mou-11-12bn-lagos-calabar-railway-project/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves $1.2bn For Kano-kaduna Rail Project by Blue3k(m): 5:32pm On Jan 28, 2017
Afam4eva:
I'm yet to see one from Enugu too Porthacourt and from Aba to Asaba or something or even a rail line that connect Lagos to the east. Why's everything going up north.

Federal government hasn't included rail line in any budget though. The Capital projects are listed below. I agree more east west connection would be nice to more freight. Lots of accidents and road jams because of trucks.

SE SS states should push harder for it in next year's budget.

http://nigerdeltabudget.org/F4D%20I%20ENUGU%20TRAINING%20GROUP%20WORK%20%20DESK%20REVIEW.pdf

1 Like

Re: FG Approves $1.2bn For Kano-kaduna Rail Project by Newbiee: 5:35pm On Jan 28, 2017
Sai Baba, your enemies and haters would live to reap the fruit of your hard labour towards re-inventing Nigeria to the path of progress. The journey might not be smooth, but surely the end would justify the means. Your haters would live to celebrate you. May God grant you more strength to fight the evil that befell this country.
Re: FG Approves $1.2bn For Kano-kaduna Rail Project by dmz1: 6:25pm On Jan 28, 2017
abuja-Kaduna rail line. Kaduna-kano trail line. Lagos-Ibadan rail line. when are we getting a rail line in the ss and South east?
Re: FG Approves $1.2bn For Kano-kaduna Rail Project by forgiveness: 6:34pm On Jan 28, 2017
When will dey start Calabar - Lagos rail line?
Re: FG Approves $1.2bn For Kano-kaduna Rail Project by seunmsg(m): 6:42pm On Jan 28, 2017
Afam4eva:

The Lagos to Calabar rail line will address your concern. The funding for the project is also under negotiation with China and once negotiation is concluded and the $29billion loan request is approved, work will start on the project. Beside, the Kaduna-Kano standard gauge project will also not start until the loan request is concluded and approved.
Re: FG Approves $1.2bn For Kano-kaduna Rail Project by cstr55: 6:43pm On Jan 28, 2017
Kano-kaduna rail for $1.2 billion in a recession shocked.
Let me even try to hide my obvious disgust.
Why is that rail more of a priority compared to a rail connecting the oil rich and commercial SS/SE or the Niger bridge.?
I am not saying it is a bad project, but is that a priority investment? Is that rail more economically productive than an Enugu -portharcourt rail that would make it a priority investment?
The answer would tell you the kind of ethnically biased nitwit you all have as president.
He does not even hide it.
Re: FG Approves $1.2bn For Kano-kaduna Rail Project by LoveMachine(m): 7:02pm On Jan 28, 2017
forgiveness:
When will dey start Calabar - Lagos rail line?

The Lagos Ibadan stretch starts in February.

http://punchng.com/n458bn-lagos-ibadan-new-rail-project-begin-feb/

I think that's the same project but I may be wrong.
Re: FG Approves $1.2bn For Kano-kaduna Rail Project by LoveMachine(m): 7:04pm On Jan 28, 2017
cstr55:
Kano-kaduna rail for $1.2 billion in a recession shocked.
Let me even try to hide my obvious disgust.
Why is that rail more of a priority compared to a rail connecting the oil rich and commercial SS/SE or the Niger bridge.?
I am not saying it is a bad project, but is that a priority investment? Is that rail more economically productive than an Enugu -portharcourt rail that would make it a priority investment?
The answer would tell you the kind of ethnically biased nitwit you all have as president.
He does not even hide it.

This might lower the cost food and other goods in the market because freight is what causes so many price hikes. I want SE & SS development just like you so I'm not arguing but just offering a different perspective.
Re: FG Approves $1.2bn For Kano-kaduna Rail Project by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 28, 2017
Blue3k:
Sounds like good news for stadard gage. Why narrow gage rails though or is it referencing something else?

You did not get it.

The narrow gauge is the old one. It will be use for transportation of goods from Kano to Lagos and vice verca. While 1.2bn is the Kano-Kaduna segment of the Lagos - Kano Standard gauge railway.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves $1.2bn For Kano-kaduna Rail Project by saintgp(m): 7:10pm On Jan 28, 2017
Talk is cheap...just wish alhaji ameachi will succeed in this considering that 2019 is around the corner and nigerians ain't smiling
Re: FG Approves $1.2bn For Kano-kaduna Rail Project by Blue3k(m): 7:26pm On Jan 28, 2017
FriendChoice:

You did not get it.

The narrow gauge is the old one. It will be use for transportation of goods from Kano to Lagos and vice verca. While 1.2bn is the Kano-Kaduna segment of the Lagos - Kano Standard gauge railway.

Ok thank you.
Re: FG Approves $1.2bn For Kano-kaduna Rail Project by Ovamboland(m): 8:35pm On Jan 28, 2017
Afam4eva:

But your senators, reps and most of you guys on this very forum argued against Lagos to Calabar rail line immediately it was proposed in the 2016 budget.
Your reps even removed the rail item in connivance with others whose region will not host the railway and moved the money to constituency allowance to be shared all over the country. Then I realised how hatred for others will transform to self hatred.

Who would think that in one short year someone from that region will wail to see other regions who embraced rail project get it started

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Who Is This Popular Man.. . 98% Will Fail / Update On Protest....your Area / More Nigerians Troop To London To See Their President (hilarious Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.