Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,204 members, 7,815,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis (16311 Views)

8 Signs You Are Under Spiritual Attack / 8 Signs You Are Under A Powerful Love Spell / When Did The Old Covenant End? - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis by abdulaz: 8:56am On Jan 29, 2017
Op are you saying we should continue to sin because Jesus Christ has already forgiven our sins even before we commit them?
Any adult that needs a pastor or an imam to tell him on what is good and what is bad can be likened to a toddler or a mentally unstable fellow. The day a child is able to differentiate good from evil is the day he ceases to be a child because he is already conscious of his actions and people's actions towards him.

Happy Sunday to my Christian brothers and sisters.
I am also wishing all the Atheist in the world, myself included a more wonderful and fulfilled life ahead because we are peace loving people as we see life in different perspectives.
Re: 8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis by Intrepid01(m): 9:00am On Jan 29, 2017
Majority of what is up there is thrash to me.....many churches in this and time have missed it because of "over-assumption " of Grace.....

Yes, God's grace abound to us all but he is also a CONSUMING FIRE!!!

2 Likes

Re: 8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis by Halo22: 9:22am On Jan 29, 2017
Christianity is a religion built on several perceptions. So as one conceives it, he or she will be guided accordingly. Therefore don't misunderstand anybody for God is the final judge.
Re: 8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis by blazer234: 9:23am On Jan 29, 2017
@jiggaz

Looks like you forgot that you can't be in sin that grace may abound. Have you forgotten the scripture that says the face of the lord is against the sinner? He who breaks the edge, the snake will bite. Sin is a reproach to a people. The prayer of a sinner is an abomination to the lord.

Why are you spreading error and emptiness like this? What do you stand to gain by misleading souls into error and perdition?

Well, I've learnt one thing about you socalled preachers. The best way to deal with you is to behave like Christians in Berea: go home and find out if these things are true before believing them.

1 Like

Re: 8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis by blazer234: 9:28am On Jan 29, 2017
Halo22:
Christianity is a religion built on several perceptions. So as one conceives it, he or she will be guided accordingly. Therefore don't misunderstand anybody for God is the final judge.

Another stupid error being hatched. Who told you that nonsense and fed you with that error?

The only interpretation to the Word of God is via the Holy Spirit. If you all get your interpretation from the Holy Spirit, there can be no division or difference in understanding or interpretation, because the Holy Spirit is ONE!

I think it is time PFN started proving these empty churches been set up these days. They are feeding you with disgusting error!
Re: 8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis by danthamccoy(m): 10:16am On Jan 29, 2017
jiggaz:
You still don't get it... this article is talking to your kind. Focus only on Christ and see your life transform for the best. You can never be a co-saviour with Christ. It is either Christ or nothing, not Christ plus you.

Christ is your Righteousness, Holiness & Redemption. All glory belongs to him. In heaven, no one can take any glory of helping to keep his salvation. Its only Christ, and Him alone. The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords.

Christ Jesus is the only way, not being LAW MINDED. Thats why Christians in Nigeria doesn't benefit from the abundant life that Christ has given us on the Cross over 2,000 years ago.
I don't see how the bolded is different from what these churches teach. Saying one should stay away from sin is in no way trying to become a "co-saviour", whatever that means.
I'm not even that fervent a Christian so I'll just unlook the "your kind" jibe.

1 Like

Re: 8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis by SAINTHUD(m): 10:19am On Jan 29, 2017
I naturally would not comment on this but it's alarming what 'unintelligent' christianity does to reason. Let's face it, most of what we preach will make christ cry. Jesus christ took care of your salvation from start to finish, your additional effort( works) is not required. One of the most misquoted and least understood passage of the bible is the ' work out your salvation with FEAR and TREMBLING'. Philippians 2:12. It is uses to support the notion that salvation can be obtained, maintained and retained by self-effort, what the bible calls (works)It’s also used to augment the logic that one can lose one’s salvation. Which is really strange considering that Paul the apostle of grace is being quoted in support of salvation by self-effort. He’ll probably flip in his grave! He almost lost his life severally for preaching salvation by grace. It was his point of radical departure from the Jewish faith. At the beginning, the early Church struggled to separate Christianity from Judaism. It’s why Paul was summoned to the council meeting at Jerusalem; at which a resolution was passed that non-Jewish converts must abstain from eating meat with blood. (Acts 21:15-25) That is actually a command under the Law of Moses. (Leviticus 17:12, Deuteronomy 12:23) The Jewish converts were told “all follow the Law of Moses seriously.” (Acts 21:20) But Paul in his epistle to the Galatians called that a “crazy” observance. Not exactly a phrase you’d expect from an apostle but he had a point: “Let me ask you this one question: Did you receive the Holy Spirit by obeying the law of Moses? Of course not! You received the Spirit because you believed the message you heard about Christ. How foolish can you be? After starting your new life in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort?” (Galatians 3:2-3) The Message translation is not that genteel: “How did this new life begin? Was it by working your heads off to please God? Or was it by responding to God’s Message to you? Are you going to continue this craziness? For only crazy people would think they could complete by their own efforts what was begun by God. If you weren’t smart enough or strong enough to begin it, how do you suppose you could perfect it?” (Galatians 3:3-5 MSG) Then Paul continues his challenge: “Answer this question: Does the God who lavishly provides you with his own presence, his Holy Spirit, working things in your lives you could never do for yourselves, does he do these things because of your strenuous moral striving or because you trust him to do them in you?” (Galatians 3:6 MSG)
It’s of course unimaginable that the man who wrote all of the above can then be quoted as advocating salvation by works and self-effort. He can’t say one thing in his letter to the Galatians and make a 180degree volte-face in his letter to the Philippians. Therefore “working out your salvation with fear and trembling” CANNOT mean working hard to make heaven, or working hard to make heaven by moral striving. Something must be wrong in such interpretation of this text.
Well it turns out something IS wrong in our reading of the text. And it arises from taking the text out of its textual setting. We’re not quoting the FULL text! When we look at the full text we’ll discover that Paul is actually saying EXACTLY the same thing in this letter as in his letter to the Galatians: that salvation by self-effort is preposterous. The mistake comes from reading Philippians. 2:12 in isolation. That’s truncation. The full text is Philippians 2: 12 AND Philippians. 2:13: “Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.” (Philippians 2:12-13 KJV) Essentially therefore, we’re able to work out our salvation BECAUSE God is working in us to make us willing and able to do his good pleasure. The system is rigged, we’re not doing the work out, God is the enabler! We can do nothing without him. (John 15:5) Essentially therefore we can’t please God without God helping us to please him. That’s what Philippians 2:12-13 is saying. This accords with an earlier statement made by Paul in the same letter: “And I am certain that God, who began a good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.” (Philippians 1:6 NLT) The Amplified translation is even better: “And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that he Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ (right up to the time of His return), developing that good work and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you.” (Philippians 1:6 Amp) It is God doing the work, we’re just working out what he’s working.Bearing in mind Philippians 1:6, the only logical interpretation of Philippians 2:12-13 is that we should work out outwardly what God is doing inwardly in us, in humility and deep reverence for God. We’re not working to avoid going to hell, or lose our salvation, or Paul would contradict himself severally. The same Paul had already told us in his letter to the Ephesians that we have been sealed with the promised Holy Spirit. (Ephesians 1:13) In other words, our salvation is a done deal. Here’s what he wrote: “Once you heard the truth and believed it (this Message of your salvation) you found yourselves home free – signed, sealed and delivered by the Holy Spirit. This signet from God is the first instalment on what’s coming, a reminder that we’ll get everything God has planned for us, a praising and glorious life.” (Ephesians 1:13-14) Therefore our salvation is not in doubt. It is signed, sealed and delivered. The word of God said so.The problem many have is understanding the King James translation of the Bible. It can be very confusing if you lack appreciation of Shakespearean English. The King James Bible was published in 1611. People go to school to learn to read Shakespeare for the simple reason it’s ancient English. King James Bible requires no less study. It’s not a text the modern man can easily grasp. Just like Chaucer or other classical literature. It was actually translated using four sources– Masoretic Text, Textus Receptus, Vulgate and Septuagint. The English of the 17th century had expressions like “evil concupiscence”, “superfluity of naughtiness.”Here’s the New Living Translation of Philippians 2:12-13. It gives us better understanding of what Paul was writing about. It’s modern text: “Dear friends, you always followed my instructions when I was with you. And now that I am away, it is even more important. Work hard to show the results of your salvation, obeying God with deep reverence and fear. For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.” (Philippians 2:12-13 NLT)The Message translation is even better: “What I’m getting at friends is that you should simply keep on doing what you’ve done from the beginning. When I was living among you, you lived in responsive obedience. Now that I’m separated from you, keep it up better. Better yet, redouble your efforts. Be energetic in your life of salvation, reverent and sensitive before God. That energy is God’s energy, an energy deep within you, God himself willing and working at what will give him the most pleasure.” (Philippians 2:12-13 MSG) IN OTHER WORDS THIS PASSAGE IS ABOUT PASSION AND REVERENCE FOR GOD, NOT FEAR OF GOING TO HELL. “Working out your salvation” is about dynamic responsiveness to the Holy Spirit. How hell got into all this one truly has to wonder! We seem to read the passage as, “Work out your salvation in the fear of going to hell!”
The belief we can earn salvation by our own effort is called the heresy of pelagianism. It is named after the British monk Pelagius (354-420 AD). St. Augustine would counter the heresy with the doctrine of grace. We cannot earn our salvation by our moral striving. And we must stop alleging Paul preached this doctrine. Not if we don’t want Paul to scowl at us from heaven! Dynamic responsiveness to the Holy Spirit. That’s the new deal! And that’s how you work out your salvation with fear and trembling. GRACE, GRACE and GRACE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 10:23am On Jan 29, 2017
blazer234:
@jiggaz

Looks like you forgot that you can't be in sin that grace may abound. Have you forgotten the scripture that says the face of the lord is against the sinner? He who breaks the edge, the snake will bite. Sin is a reproach to a people. The prayer of a sinner is an abomination to the lord.

Why are you spreading error and emptiness like this? What do you stand to gain by misleading souls into error and perdition?

Well, I've learnt one thing about you socalled preachers. The best way to deal with you is to behave like Christians in Berea: go home and find out if these things are true before believing them.
Chai i pity you cos you are sooo ignorant and empty. So Christ & His Finished Work on the Cross is now empty trash to you? No wonder you self righteous hypocrites called Christians in Nigeria, are living defeated lives!! Wake up!! And accept the Grace & Finished Work of Christ!! You can never be a co-saviour with Christ, its impossible!! I am not a Pastor though, the above article is from Paul Ellis, a New Zealand Pastor.

So Mr Self Righteous Hypocrite, have u sinned today? I hope u remember to confess all your sins? Cos if you forget even one, you will burn in Hell Fire!! cheesy

Please next time, learn to read the bible in contexts. Learn to divide Jesus' words before the Cross and after the Cross!! Be wise, that's not too much to ask for!!

Seriously, most Nigerian Christians bore me with their Jugdemental & Self Righteous attitudes. You people are soooo ignorant, unintelligent & empty!!!!!! No wonder your brand of Christianity doesn't profit you anything!! I am different... All i see is Christ Jesus and His Finished work on the Cross!!

If you are soo blind to acknowledge the free grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, then do me a favour and get looooost!!!!!
Re: 8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 10:26am On Jan 29, 2017
danthamccoy:

I don't see how the bolded is different from what these churches teach. Saying one should stay away from sin is in no way trying to become a "co-saviour", whatever that means.
I'm not even that fervent a Christian so I'll just unlook the "your kind" jibe.
Then next time, just shut up if you don't understand something cos it makes you sound like a mediocre.
Re: 8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis by DonCortino: 10:48am On Jan 29, 2017
fixedhollies:
what is d way out? what should a Christian think about? he should forget sin exist or the devil is a roaring Lion n seeking whom to devour? OP if we search deep you will buy d idea DAT once saved is forever saved! as many that are led by the spirit of God are sons of God.... leave all to his spirit and let him instruct, teach, direct and guide. it is d spirit in you that will say this is sin..... we can't be in sin and say grace should abound. Christianity is a conscious life...

Money money money!!!! Prosperity prosperity, more prosperity.

And you wonder why evil n greed increases everyday in our society as all these money milking, prosperity preaching houses called church of today increases. undecided
Re: 8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 10:51am On Jan 29, 2017
SAINTHUD:
I naturally would not comment on this but it's alarming what 'unintelligent' christianity does to reason. Let's face it, most of what we preach will make christ cry. Jesus christ took care of your salvation from start to finish, your additional effort( works) is not required. One of the most misquoted and least understood passage of the bible is the ' work out your salvation with FEAR and TREMBLING'. Philippians 2:12. It is uses to support the notion that salvation can be obtained, maintained and retained by self-effort, what the bible calls (works)It’s also used to augment the logic that one can lose one’s salvation. Which is really strange considering that Paul the apostle of grace is being quoted in support of salvation by self-effort. He’ll probably flip in his grave! He almost lost his life severally for preaching salvation by grace. It was his point of radical departure from the Jewish faith. At the beginning, the early Church struggled to separate Christianity from Judaism. It’s why Paul was summoned to the council meeting at Jerusalem; at which a resolution was passed that non-Jewish converts must abstain from eating meat with blood. (Acts 21:15-25) That is actually a command under the Law of Moses. (Leviticus 17:12, Deuteronomy 12:23) The Jewish converts were told “all follow the Law of Moses seriously.” (Acts 21:20) But Paul in his epistle to the Galatians called that a “crazy” observance. Not exactly a phrase you’d expect from an apostle but he had a point: “Let me ask you this one question: Did you receive the Holy Spirit by obeying the law of Moses? Of course not! You received the Spirit because you believed the message you heard about Christ. How foolish can you be? After starting your new life in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort?” (Galatians 3:2-3) The Message translation is not that genteel: “How did this new life begin? Was it by working your heads off to please God? Or was it by responding to God’s Message to you? Are you going to continue this craziness? For only crazy people would think they could complete by their own efforts what was begun by God. If you weren’t smart enough or strong enough to begin it, how do you suppose you could perfect it?” (Galatians 3:3-5 MSG) Then Paul continues his challenge: “Answer this question: Does the God who lavishly provides you with his own presence, his Holy Spirit, working things in your lives you could never do for yourselves, does he do these things because of your strenuous moral striving or because you trust him to do them in you?” (Galatians 3:6 MSG)
It’s of course unimaginable that the man who wrote all of the above can then be quoted as advocating salvation by works and self-effort. He can’t say one thing in his letter to the Galatians and make a 180degree volte-face in his letter to the Philippians. Therefore “working out your salvation with fear and trembling” CANNOT mean working hard to make heaven, or working hard to make heaven by moral striving. Something must be wrong in such interpretation of this text.
Well it turns out something IS wrong in our reading of the text. And it arises from taking the text out of its textual setting. We’re not quoting the FULL text! When we look at the full text we’ll discover that Paul is actually saying EXACTLY the same thing in this letter as in his letter to the Galatians: that salvation by self-effort is preposterous. The mistake comes from reading Philippians. 2:12 in isolation. That’s truncation. The full text is Philippians 2: 12 AND Philippians. 2:13: “Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.” (Philippians 2:12-13 KJV) Essentially therefore, we’re able to work out our salvation BECAUSE God is working in us to make us willing and able to do his good pleasure. The system is rigged, we’re not doing the work out, God is the enabler! We can do nothing without him. (John 15:5) Essentially therefore we can’t please God without God helping us to please him. That’s what Philippians 2:12-13 is saying. This accords with an earlier statement made by Paul in the same letter: “And I am certain that God, who began a good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.” (Philippians 1:6 NLT) The Amplified translation is even better: “And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that he Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ (right up to the time of His return), developing that good work and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you.” (Philippians 1:6 Amp) It is God doing the work, we’re just working out what he’s working.Bearing in mind Philippians 1:6, the only logical interpretation of Philippians 2:12-13 is that we should work out outwardly what God is doing inwardly in us, in humility and deep reverence for God. We’re not working to avoid going to hell, or lose our salvation, or Paul would contradict himself severally. The same Paul had already told us in his letter to the Ephesians that we have been sealed with the promised Holy Spirit. (Ephesians 1:13) In other words, our salvation is a done deal. Here’s what he wrote: “Once you heard the truth and believed it (this Message of your salvation) you found yourselves home free – signed, sealed and delivered by the Holy Spirit. This signet from God is the first instalment on what’s coming, a reminder that we’ll get everything God has planned for us, a praising and glorious life.” (Ephesians 1:13-14) Therefore our salvation is not in doubt. It is signed, sealed and delivered. The word of God said so.The problem many have is understanding the King James translation of the Bible. It can be very confusing if you lack appreciation of Shakespearean English. The King James Bible was published in 1611. People go to school to learn to read Shakespeare for the simple reason it’s ancient English. King James Bible requires no less study. It’s not a text the modern man can easily grasp. Just like Chaucer or other classical literature. It was actually translated using four sources– Masoretic Text, Textus Receptus, Vulgate and Septuagint. The English of the 17th century had expressions like “evil concupiscence”, “superfluity of naughtiness.”Here’s the New Living Translation of Philippians 2:12-13. It gives us better understanding of what Paul was writing about. It’s modern text: “Dear friends, you always followed my instructions when I was with you. And now that I am away, it is even more important. Work hard to show the results of your salvation, obeying God with deep reverence and fear. For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.” (Philippians 2:12-13 NLT)The Message translation is even better: “What I’m getting at friends is that you should simply keep on doing what you’ve done from the beginning. When I was living among you, you lived in responsive obedience. Now that I’m separated from you, keep it up better. Better yet, redouble your efforts. Be energetic in your life of salvation, reverent and sensitive before God. That energy is God’s energy, an energy deep within you, God himself willing and working at what will give him the most pleasure.” (Philippians 2:12-13 MSG) IN OTHER WORDS THIS PASSAGE IS ABOUT PASSION AND REVERENCE FOR GOD, NOT FEAR OF GOING TO HELL. “Working out your salvation” is about dynamic responsiveness to the Holy Spirit. How hell got into all this one truly has to wonder! We seem to read the passage as, “Work out your salvation in the fear of going to hell!”
The belief we can earn salvation by our own effort is called the heresy of pelagianism. It is named after the British monk Pelagius (354-420 AD). St. Augustine would counter the heresy with the doctrine of grace. We cannot earn our salvation by our moral striving. And we must stop alleging Paul preached this doctrine. Not if we don’t want Paul to scowl at us from heaven! Dynamic responsiveness to the Holy Spirit. That’s the new deal! And that’s how you work out your salvation with fear and trembling. GRACE, GRACE and GRACE
Thank you soo much my brother!! You have said it all.... This is what i always encounter since i started the Grace Revolution on Nairaland by bringing in the Gospel of Grace here by different men of God.

The funny thing is that its only Believers that fight the Gospel of Grace while the Unbelievers are very happy to receive the good news. Religion & man made doctrines have damaged some Christians especially Nigerian Christians, they don't know that Christ didn't die to set up a religion, but a relationship with Him. Grace is all about Christ and His Finished Work on the Cross but they are still blind to it. But thank God that many are receiving Christ through the Grace Revolution happening currently all over the world.

To God be all the glory!!
Re: 8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis by ohiMuk: 10:52am On Jan 29, 2017
9 The will all enter hell. Jesus never told them to go to church on sunday
Re: 8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis by danthamccoy(m): 11:18am On Jan 29, 2017
jiggaz:
Then next time, just shut up if you don't understand something cos it makes you sound like a mediocre.
Lol. I bet grace let's you do this.

1 Like

Re: 8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 29, 2017
Every Church has different doctrines and styles...Choose the one that suits your form of worship and lifestyle or better still,stay in your house and commune to God personally. Not going to church is not a sin.
Re: 8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis by Jimmyo3(m): 11:25am On Jan 29, 2017
Separate self-consciousness is the root of all problems on Earth. So therefore we should strive towards achieving Universal Consciousness were we see everything as one. Universal Consciousness can be achieved through unselfish love, care, giving, doing unto others what we wish them to do unto us,giving up the illusion of self consciousness we carry in our mind.....
Re: 8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis by ndcide(m): 11:37am On Jan 29, 2017
And then you have unchanged Christians. Born again Yet not changed.
no difference in attitudes.

It's all about the "Do what you want" and "I'm free without limits of the new world order"

Those who can see, knows
Re: 8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis by hamzeiy: 11:46am On Jan 29, 2017
so i dont have any issue with God if i commit murder,rape,fornicate ,smoke weed,gossip,envious,hatefull...and so many more...after all jesus has taken away my sins right?...the flame if the hell waiting for you is black in colour..
Re: 8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis by blazer234: 12:03pm On Jan 29, 2017
jiggaz:
Chai i pity you cos you are sooo ignorant and empty. So Christ & His Finished Work on the Cross is now empty trash to you? No wonder you self righteous hypocrites called Christians in Nigeria, are living defeated lives!! Wake up!! And accept the Grace & Finished Work of Christ!! You can never be a co-saviour with Christ, its impossible!! I am not a Pastor though, the above article is from Paul Ellis, a New Zealand Pastor.

So Mr Self Righteous Hypocrite, have u sinned today? I hope u remember to confess all your sins? Cos if you forget even one, you will burn in Hell Fire!! cheesy

Please next time, learn to read the bible in contexts. Learn to divide Jesus' words before the Cross and after the Cross!! Be wise, that's not too much to ask for!!

Seriously, most Nigerian Christians bore me with their Jugdemental & Self Righteous attitudes. You people are soooo ignorant, unintelligent & empty!!!!!! No wonder your brand of Christianity doesn't profit you anything!! I am different... All i see is Christ Jesus and His Finished work on the Cross!!

If you are soo blind to acknowledge the free grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, then do me a favour and get looooost!!!!!

Imagine the kind of foul language coming from a so-called Christian? This is shameful. The scriptures said "by their fruits you will know them". By your utterance I now understand your kind of life.

The scriptures stated clearly (IN NEW TESTAMENT) That "he who commits sin is of the devil" and the scriptures recorded that "the scriptures cannot be broken".

Since they now tell you that you can commit fornication as you like and that grace will cover, you are free to go ahead. If the girl gets pregnant and you don't want the pregnancy, you can get her to commit abortion (murder) and nothing will happen. If you like, join homosexuality to it. If you like, go ahead and commit murder or become an armed robber. And do you think God won't question you for such evil and ungodly lifestyle because of your own understanding of grace? Chai.

In fact, go and join Illuminati and satanic church. Whatever evil you commit while you are on earth, grace will cover you from being judged by God. Please don't stop deceiving yourself.
Re: 8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis by chinoify: 12:11pm On Jan 29, 2017
GRACE! The most abused word in Christianity.
Op and his followers are quoting scriptures that suits their arguments.
If Christ died for the sins of the world, y evangelism??
If you say evangelism is bringing people to the knowledge of the saving grace of Jesus... So if they go back to sin after confessing Jesus, they are covered by grace??
Study Bible, you won't.... You come here to say lubbish.
Re: 8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 1:10pm On Jan 29, 2017
blazer234:

Imagine the kind of foul language coming from a so-called Christian? This is shameful. The scriptures said "by their fruits you will know them". By your utterance I now understand your kind of life.

The scriptures stated clearly (IN NEW TESTAMENT) That "he who commits sin is of the devil" and the scriptures recorded that "the scriptures cannot be broken".

Since they now tell you that you can commit fornication as you like and that grace will cover, you are free to go ahead. If the girl gets pregnant and you don't want the pregnancy, you can get her to commit abortion (murder) and nothing will happen. If you like, join homosexuality to it. If you like, go ahead and commit murder or become an armed robber. And do you think God won't question you for such evil and ungodly lifestyle because of your own understanding of grace? Chai.

In fact, go and join Illuminati and satanic church. Whatever evil you commit while you are on earth, grace will cover you from being judged by God. Please don't stop deceiving yourself.
And i repeat again, Get Looooost!! Self Righteous Hypocrite!! How many sins have you committed today?

It is you and your entire Gen.eration that are of the devil.... Next time you see any post by me, Run!!! Cos i don't spare your kind.... Bunch of deluded Hypocrites!! Can you imagine his boldness!!! Get loooooooost once again!!

Bunch of Hypocrites, you people are the reason Unbelievers reject Christ. I repeat... You can never be a co-saviour with Christ!! If you don't like it, you can jump into the Lagoon...
Re: 8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 1:12pm On Jan 29, 2017
chinoify:
GRACE! The most abused word in Christianity.
Op and his followers are quoting scriptures that suits their arguments.
If Christ died for the sins of the world, y evangelism??
If you say evangelism is bringing people to the knowledge of the saving grace of Jesus... So if they go back to sin after confessing Jesus, they are covered by grace??
Study Bible, you won't.... You come here to say lubbish.
Ignorant Hypocrite!! Read and comprehend an article, you can't!! Mediocre Christians everywhere.... I pity you lots.
Re: 8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 1:23pm On Jan 29, 2017
Nigerian version of Christianity is the most deluded in the world!! You people are soooo annoying!! Bunch of unintelligent Hypocrites!! Tufiakwa you people!! I dey shame for una. Read the bible in context, no way. Yet they come here to talk rubbish.

I repeat it, you can never be a co-saviour with Christ, it is not possible!! It is either Christ saves you and keep you or you save yourself....

This is the same Gospel that Apostle Paul preached and the Pharisees wanted to stone him!! Christ is the all and all in Christianity!! Your self righteousness is filthy rags!!! If you don't like it, then go and hang yourself!!!

I brought Grace Revolution here to Nairaland and it is here to stay!! You Pharisees can't do anything!! I am ready for all of you.!! The Devil is a liar!! People must hear the good news and be free!!

1 Like

Re: 8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis by lele007: 2:02pm On Jan 29, 2017
jiggaz:

Any kind of grace that makes you speak to members of Christ's body like this is very suspect, hyper, dyper, or whatever its called.

1 Like

Re: 8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis by blazer234: 2:39pm On Jan 29, 2017
jiggaz:
And i repeat again, Get Looooost!! Self Righteous Hypocrite!! How many sins have you committed today?

It is you and your entire Gen.eration that are of the devil.... Next time you see any post by me, Run!!! Cos i don't spare your kind.... Bunch of deluded Hypocrites!! Can you imagine his boldness!!! Get loooooooost once again!!

Bunch of Hypocrites, you people are the reason Unbelievers reject Christ. I repeat... You can never be a co-saviour with Christ!! If you don't like it, you can jump into the Lagoon...

Looks like you have no useful word to defend your lies and errors anymore. That is why you are cursing. All you can do now is to curse because it is the spirit of your father the devil that is living in you.

Hmmm imagine socalled Christian. The same mouth you used in praising God and praying today is the same mouth you use in cursing people. Christian my foot.

Can the same source bring sweet and bitter water? (James 3:11) No! By their fruits you will know them (Matthew 7:16). May you never see clearly to know that you are deceiving yourself.
Re: 8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 2:43pm On Jan 29, 2017
blazer234:

Looks like you have no useful word to defend your lies and errors anymore. That is why you are cursing. All you can do now is to curse because it is the spirit of your father the devil that is living in you.

Hmmm imagine socalled Christian. The same mouth you used in praising God and praying today is the same mouth you use in cursing people. Christian my foot.

Can the same source bring sweet and bitter water? (James 3:11) No! By their fruits you will know them (Matthew 7:16). May you never see clearly to know that you are deceiving yourself.
Deluded hypocrite!! It is you and your generation that are agents of darkness!! Mr Pharisee, look let me tell you, i am not a nice person to Judgemental Hypocrites like you. I am nice to people who are nice to me but if u come as a Pharisee, i put u in your place.

All the Curses you heaped upon me will never work for you cos i am the Righteousness of God in Christ. I am deeply loved, highly blessed and divinely favoured by the Lord.

There is no condemnation for me cos i am in Christ Jesus. Christ is my Holiness and my Redemption!! So your curses cannot work, You Satanic agent from the pit of Hell!! My God is greater than you!!

I am too graced & highly favoured by the Lord to be stressed!!

Man's opinion of me is rubbish cos i have the approval of Christ. Anyone that fights the Grace of Christ is accu.rsed! Paul said it, so Mr Pharisee you have condemned yourself already!!

The same way you termed me an agent of satan, is the same way i see you and your entire Gen.eration!! You acc.ursed thing!! Satanic agent!! Get behind me Satan!!

I have zero tolerance for rubbi.sh !! You dare not say this to my face in real life!! Social media has given non entities liver!!
Re: 8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis by godaxionbamin(m): 3:07pm On Jan 29, 2017
As much as I agree with OP, I do not appreciate his recent use of Language.. Saying such words provoke rebellion.
The power of sin is guilt. Guilt is begotten of knowledge and knowledge of the law. Now, we have known the law and we Cannot fulfill it. We know that. But Christ came not to destroy the Law but to fufill it. He came not to render the Law as nonsense. But to make even the most vilest offender complete. Who created the Law? God right? And through the knowledge of this Law we lose his perfection and Inheritance. But he knows we can't fufill it, yet he gave christ help us struggle to complete it so that at the end, we might go to hell for stealing a match stick. Is that a Loving God to you? God then is made a Tyrant and the Devil is more powerful because he doesn't need to force us to do wrong with threatenings of hell. But if God CAN make us come to do his perfect will without struggling the fear of hell, then he is complete in Love and power as Jesus said; 'My yoke is easy and my body is light.'
My personal testimony is that, like the samaritan woman, I was at the well of law.. After drinking, I discovered I was still thirsty.. It continued till I met christ who gave me the 'LIVING' water and since that Day, Guilt went away. And with guilt gone, all my error in behaviours became dissolved in Love. He completed me. The least I can do is to Love him for all Enternity. And this is the perfect will of God. Remain blessed
Re: 8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis by blazer234: 3:08pm On Jan 29, 2017
jiggaz:
Deluded hypocrite!! It is you and your generation that are agents of darkness!! Mr Pharisee, look let me tell you, i am not a nice person to Judgemental Hypocrites like you. I am nice to people who are nice to me but if u come as a Pharisee, i put u in your place.

All the Curses you heaped upon me will never work for you cos i am the Righteousness of God in Christ. I am deeply loved, highly blessed and divinely favoured by the Lord.

There is no condemnation for me cos i am in Christ Jesus. Christ is my Holiness and my Redemption!! So your curses cannot work, You Satanic agent from the pit of Hell!! My God is greater than you!!

I am too graced & highly favoured by the Lord to be stressed!!

Man's opinion of me is rubbish cos i have the approval of Christ. Anyone that fights the Grace of Christ is accu.rsed! Paul said it, so Mr Pharisee you have condemned yourself already!!

The same way you termed me an agent of satan, is the same way i see you and your entire Gen.eration!! You acc.ursed thing!! Satanic agent!! Get behind me Satan!!

I have zero tolerance for rubbi.sh !! You dare not say this to my face in real life!! Social media has given non entities liver!!

Hahaha

You are really an empty person. you think you are a Christian maybe because you bear a Christian name and because you were born into a Christian home. Aside from that, there is no trace of Christ in your life. I'm sure you know it.

Since we have been exchanging words, I've never seen anything that looks like Christ in your life. What manner of Christian are you?

Do you know why they called them Christian for the first time at Antioch? (Acts 11:19-26). It was because their behaviors were like that of Christ.

Like I said earlier the spirit of your father the devil is working in your life.
Re: 8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis by ogbiwa: 4:52pm On Jan 29, 2017
OP I identify with your post 100%

Yes I am a product of grace,
Yes I depend on him who is able to keep me blameless (note: not faultless) to the day of our Lord

Yes I have eternal redemption because He (Christ) entered into the holiest place ONCE obtaining for me eternal redemption. Yes, simply by my faith in the finished works of Christ on the cross I am ETERNALLY saved and secure! I dont need to be checking everyday if I'm still saved because I sinned. I simply focus on Jesus and I wont have time for anything else.

Yes I believe that I have no more need for the law, because Christ has become for us believers the end of the law to righteousness. The law was never given by God to make me righteous rather but to reveal sin, showing me how unqualified I am and prompting me to Christ (look up pedagogs)

Yes I believe in the beauty of grace. But I also know the message of grace is not a license to sin, rather to teach that grace empowers us to live above sin.

Finally, yes I'm as righteous as Jesus Christ himself is! It doesnt matter what I did before waking up this morning, God gave me HIS OWN righteousness as a gift, I didnt work to get it, why do I need to work to keep it?

So OP be not perturbed by the negative comments you're receiving here, there are those of us who are on similar wavelengths ok? And dont be tempted to get embroiled trying to argue truths with someone who is only trying to argue for argument sake. Once again I was blessed by your writeup

Modified

Having seen some of your more recent posts OP, I have to advise at this juncture that you my dear brother need to take some steps back and allow yourself undergo some basic trainings as a MINISTER of the gospel. Getting into fits of rage will NEVER get your message of grace accross. Threatening someone simply because he or she didnt accept your message? Noooo Sir thats NEVER the way. Will you beat up everyone who doesn't receive your message? Have you become a lover of the people Christ died for or someone who curses and threatens them?
Pls brother allow the Holy Spirit work on your emotions in this regard. Ministry work is NOT for the unprepared and untrained Sir else you'll destroy your ministry even before it starts! Your MESSAGE is solid and I've commended it earlier but the MAN who passes the message? Nah...still needs more work Sir. My opinion

God bless us
Re: 8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis by lele007: 5:42pm On Jan 29, 2017
ogbiwa:
OP I identify with your post 100%

Yes I am a product of grace,
Yes I depend on him who is able to keep me blameless (note: not faultless) to the day of our Lord

Yes I have eternal redemption because He (Christ) entered into the holiest place ONCE obtaining for me eternal redemption. Yes, simply by my faith in the finished works of Christ on the cross I am ETERNALLY saved and secure! I dont need to be checking everyday if I'm still saved because I sinned. I simply focus on Jesus and I wont have time for anything else.

Yes I believe that I have no more need for the law, because Christ has become for us believers the end of the law to righteousness. The law was never given by God to make me righteous rather but to reveal sin, showing me how unqualified I am and prompting me to Christ (look up pedagogs)

Yes I believe in the beauty of grace. But I also know the message of grace is not a license to sin, rather to teach that grace empowers us to live above sin.

Finally, yes I'm as righteous as Jesus Christ himself is! It doesnt matter what I did before waking up this morning, God gave me HIS OWN righteousness as a gift, I didnt work to get it, why do I need to work to keep it?

So OP be not perturbed by the negative comments you're receiving here, there are those of us who are on similar wavelengths ok? And dont be tempted to get embroiled trying to argue truths with someone who is only trying to argue for argument sake. Once again I was blessed by your writeup

Modified

Having seen some of your more recent posts OP, I have to advise at this juncture that you my dear brother need to take some steps back and allow yourself undergo some basic trainings as a MINISTER of the gospel. Getting into fits of rage will NEVER get your message of grace accross. Threatening someone simply because he or she didnt accept your message? Noooo Sir thats NEVER the way. Will you beat up everyone who doesn't receive your message? Have you become a lover of the people Christ died for or someone who curses and threatens them?
Pls brother allow the Holy Spirit work on your emotions in this regard. Ministry work is NOT for the unprepared and untrained Sir else you'll destroy your ministry even before it starts! Your MESSAGE is solid and I've commended it earlier but the MAN who passes the message? Nah...still needs more work Sir. My opinion

God bless us

Nke'a abukwa nke training o. Deliverance is what is needed here o.

Pastor how can you tell someone you can't say that to my face? So your own gospel comes with threats of violence? Ha.

Anyway, I really wanted to keep quiet, but I'll have to say this. I met someone recently who was just as virulent in postulating grace over works, mixed with insults for all hypocrites who dont understand scriptures going about judging. I later found out that it was because of sin she was like this. She had become so dead to sin and alive to grace that she could go straight from sunday service to a brothers house (not fiance, not husband) to have sex, before going to her own house.

Op, i'm not aiming at you with this o, but as Usher sang in that song, 'you remind me of a girl...'

The day the real power of God will fall, some of these grace specialists will be surprised to see the number of demons that willannounce attendance before being cast out.

The times are exceedingly evil. Let us pray
Re: 8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis by Bonnywest: 7:50pm On Jan 29, 2017
jiggaz:
A while ago I listed eight signs of hyper-grace churches . A hyper-grace church is one that is so focused on Jesus that it begins to look like Jesus, talk like Jesus, and smell like Jesus.

To highlight a positive it helps to accentuate the negative. So how do we get it wrong? What are the signs that a church is missing the grace of God?
Here are eight of them:

1. They are self-conscious

The message you hear is, “ You must nail yourself to the cross every day .” So Christ’s sacrifice wasn’t good enough? “You have to cleanse yourself and make yourself holy.” You cannot succeed.

A focus on self and the things you must do to stay saved, get holy, and be blessed, is the number one sign you have missed the grace of God. Self says I will, but the gospel says
He will .

Self cannot supply what God freely provides. We don’t need seven keys to success or fourteen steps to sanctification. We need a revelation of Jesus Christ and what he has done for us. Christ is our righteousness and holiness from God.

2. They’re not sure if God likes them

“Sure, he’s a God of love, but he’s also a God of justice. He sends earthquakes to punish cities. He takes away your children. He trains you with sickness and scourging , so don’t make him angry.” What awful lies! What fear and insecurity this graceless teaching has brought to those whom God loves.

See the cross! If God did not spare his own Son, what won’t he do to reveal his love to us? God is not mad at you, he’s mad about you!

3. They speak (and sing) the faithless language of longing

A sure sign that some have missed grace is they ask Jesus to do what he’s already done. “Oh Lord, come down.” He already did. “Have mercy on us.” Ditto. “Make us holy.” “Come and cleanse us.” “Bind the strong man.” Tick, tick, tick.

Or they beg God to do what he never would do. “Lord, don’t leave us.” He said he wouldn’t. “You give and take away .” No, he doesn’t.

The language of longing is the language of the old covenant. Good news: The wait is over. Christ has come! In him you are home. Everything you need for life and godliness has been provided. So change your tune and learn the new song of the new creation. It’s a song of praise and thanksgiving (Ps 34:1, Heb 13:15).

4. They are sin-conscious

“I’m just a sinner saved by grace.” “Let’s examine ourselves for sin before worshipping.” “Confess your sins to remain in fellowship with the Lord.” What an insult to the Spirit of grace. If the Holy Spirit chooses to remember your sins no more (Heb 10:17), what business is it of yours to remind him?

An obsession with sin is a hallmark of the old covenant, but it has no place in the new. Behold the Lamb of God who has taken away the sin of the world.

When you sin, a graceless church will shovel the shame. “Look at what you did.” They will reach for the stones instead of reaching for the only thing that can empower you to go and sin no more. Hint: it’s grace (Tit 2:11-12).

5. They are law-minded

“The law shows us how to please God.” No it doesn’t. “The law helps you overcome sin.” Actually, the law helps sin overcome you (Rom 7:9). “God gives us grace so that we might keep his commands.” No, God gives us grace because he loves us.

As Paul explains in Romans 7, running after the law is committing spiritual adultery. It’s cheating on Jesus. A church that mixes law with grace is lukewarm and nauseating to the Lord.

6. They think grace is just for sinners

We are saved by grace, but kept by discipline.” Nope. It’s grace from start to finish (Heb 12:2). Grace is not one aspect of God that must be balanced against his other, less gracious aspects. Grace is everything. You are saved by grace and kept by grace. Grace is for everyone. Period. The end. Amen.

7. They treat people as resources

In a graceless church your value is determined by your behavior. Are you a hard worker? You’ll go far! Are you divorced? Forget about it.

In a graceless church visitors are valued as potential members, while members are valued as potential leaders. And because there are never enough people to fulfill the vision, everyone is busy, busy, busy. When activity replaces fellowship and friendships become task-based, when children are kept out of the way because they get in the way, real life has left the building.

8. They are insecure and anxious

A graceless church is an uncertain church. “Are you saved? Are you sure? Are you doing enough?” Instead of preaching the promises of Jesus, a graceless church promotes the promises of man. And since we can’t keep the promises we make, the result is failure and despair.

A graceless church is attractive to the self-righteous but unappealing to sinners. It is a place the zealots call home but the prodigals avoid. It is a place where the sheep are fleeced and the poor are exploited. It stinks of self and it is a terrible advertisement for Jesus.

But here’s the good news: God loves graceless churches! He loves the mixed-up people inside them and the misguided leaders who run them. I know this because I was a misguided pastor and this list was my testimony. But God has given me a new and better testimony, a testimony of his grace.

May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all, my friends. (Gal 6:18)

https://escapetoreality.org/2016/07/07/8-signs-that-a-church-doesnt-get-grace/

Recite the Lord's prayer as taught by Jesus, then u'll realise u r wrong in some aspect

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria / Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. / PHOTO: Image Of An Angel Appears In The Clouds In South Africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.