Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,857 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. (16352 Views)

I Don't Understand God / I Am Praying For The End Of This Wicked World. / I Am Praying For The End Of This Wicked World. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 28, 2013
Have been going through a lot recently and have decided to hope,trust and pray to God to see me through. Have been reading my bible and at a point i will start speaking in a language i don't understand,this is bothering me. Will God hear me out and why the sudden language change? Since i don't understand the language myself,how will i channel my problems to God for instance if i want to say i want something from God,will the language am speaking let God understand my thought and needs? Am confuse,pls i need a very God christian or pastor to make me understand this and help me.

7 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by zube01(m): 3:16pm On Nov 28, 2013
God created all things..and I believe he understands all things too...hope u understand?

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Joagbaje(m): 3:19pm On Nov 28, 2013
zube01: God created all things..and I believe he understands all things too...hope u understand?

It's called "SPEAKING IN TOGUES" you are the second person shearing such experience with me in one week . Congratulations

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by zube01(m): 3:58pm On Nov 28, 2013
Joagbaje:

It's called "SPEAKING IN TOGUES" you are the second person shearing such experience with me in one week . Congratulations
...inother words he understands u..so long as u know what u are requesting from him!
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by mumumugu(m): 4:28pm On Nov 28, 2013
Na so madnes dey take start

31 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 28, 2013
mumumugu: Na so madnes dey take start
your username has made me realise the kind of person u are. Have a bless day

30 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Sheenor: 4:39pm On Nov 28, 2013
Joagbaje:

It's called
"SPEAKING IN TOGUES" you are the second person shearing such experience with me in one week . Congratulations

In three word ^^^^^

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 28, 2013
The holy spirit is makin intercession 4 u thru speaking in tongues be rest assured all is well

10 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Danhumprey: 5:05pm On Nov 28, 2013
mumumugu: Na so madnes dey take start
Be careful! grin

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mintayo(m): 5:07pm On Nov 28, 2013
Op you are drunk;as in DRUNK IN THE SPIRIT.cheesycheesycheesy

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by vickyO(f): 5:08pm On Nov 28, 2013
Congrats.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Dannylux: 5:11pm On Nov 28, 2013
Monastery aspirant. Don't dull God!

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by lanrexlan(m): 5:14pm On Nov 28, 2013
She's speaking jargons and they are congratulating her.Na wa oo undecided

14 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
Elantracey: The holy spirit is makin intercession 4 u thru speaking in tongues be rest assured all is well
are you saying the holy spirit don't speak or understand english?

6 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
lanrexlan: She's speaking jargons and they are congratulating her.Na wa oo undecided
speaking jargons,how do you mean?
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by lanrexlan(m): 5:37pm On Nov 28, 2013
arcbabe: speaking jargons,how do you mean?
Do you understand what you are saying? No,you don't so it's jargons and still they are congratulating you on it.Se holy spirit never sabi english ni?

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 28, 2013
Mintayo: Op you are drunk;as in DRUNK IN THE SPIRIT.cheesycheesycheesy
but i don't understand it,it strange to me since i don't understand the language.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 28, 2013
Dannylux: Monastery aspirant. Don't dull God!
Dull God how? Pls explain
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mintayo(m): 5:42pm On Nov 28, 2013
arcbabe: but i don't understand it,it strange to me since i don't understand the language.
dnt worry to much abt ur understanding it,when God is ready He will give you understanding,just release urself to the Spirit of God,He is working through you.let Him perfect that which He has started.
It is possible that the Holy Spirit is using you as an intercessor to intercede for someone...search the Spirit.
Continue to pray and study the Word.

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mintayo(m): 5:44pm On Nov 28, 2013
Dnt answer him,he is a muslim...HE IS SPIRITUALLY DEAD,THE THINGS OF THE SPIRIT IS A JARGON TO A SPIRITUALLY DEAD MAN.
arcbabe: speaking jargons,how do you mean?

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 28, 2013
lanrexlan: Do you understand what you are saying? No,you don't so it's jargons and still they are congratulating you on it.Se holy spirit never sabi english ni?
am surprise to and to think i can't pray for long with english,it has change into another language i don't understand.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mintayo(m): 5:50pm On Nov 28, 2013
arcbabe: am surprise to and to think i can't pray for long with english,it has change into another language i don't understand.
i hope i am not wasting my time with you,study the Bible and you will see that the Holy Spirit giveth utterances as He wishes.
Go back to the Word.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 28, 2013
arcbabe: are you saying the holy spirit don't speak or understand english?
The Holy Spirit understands english but you see, the English language can not effectively communicate some things of the Spirit. New words are added constantly to english which tries to provide more words that can express human thoughts and feelings in a better way.
You see, the Holy Spirit prays through you with tongues. Scriptures says he searches the deep things of God

9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man,
the things which God hath prepared for them that
love him.
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep
things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the
things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of
God. 1 Corinthians 2:9-11

So there are things that exist that we can not fully express in words. And so, the importance of tongues, which is that we can communicate with the Father at the highest level possible. So the Spirit of God(Holy Spirit), knows the deep things of God, so that by praying in tongues, we are partnering with the Holy Spirit to pray God's will for us.

11 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 28, 2013
Mintayo:
i hope i am not wasting my time with you,study the Bible and you will see that the Holy Spirit giveth utterances as He wishes.
Go back to the Word.
where can i read that in the bible?
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Lordlexyy: 6:14pm On Nov 28, 2013
Why should you be surprise if you have been reading your bible as you claim. Go back to 1 Cor 14, read the entire chapter and stop being too childish waiting to be pampered. Mintayo and idnoble just said it all. If want to you learn, then learn but if asking randome unnecessary questions is all you wanted, then suit yourself. Btw, the english language is not rich enough to communicate the deep things of God as a result of that, the Holy Spirit constantly help us to express ourselves in spiritual language understood by God and God alone.

3 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 28, 2013
idnoble135:
The Holy Spirit understands english but you see, the English language can not effectively communicate some things of the Spirit. New words are added constantly to enthroned which tries to provide more words that can express human thoughts and feelings in a better way.
You see, the Holy Spirit prays through you with tongues. Scriptures says he searches the deep things of God

9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man,
the things which God hath prepared for them that
love him.
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep
things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the
things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of
God. 1 Corinthians 2:9-11

So there are things that exist that we can not fully express in words. And so, the importance of tongues, which is that we can communicate with the Father at the highest level possible. So the Spirit of God(Holy Spirit), knows the deep things of God, so that by praying in tongues, we are partnering with the Holy Spirit to pray God's will for us.
thanks i appreciate this,it has given me insight as to what is happening to me.

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by lanrexlan(m): 6:17pm On Nov 28, 2013
Mintayo: Dnt answer him,he is a muslim...HE IS SPIRITUALLY DEAD,THE THINGS OF THE SPIRIT IS A JARGON TO A SPIRITUALLY DEAD MAN.
Show me where 'Jesus' spoke in tongues[Which is jargons] in the bible and failure to do that means 'Jesus' is spiritually dead too.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mintayo(m): 6:18pm On Nov 28, 2013
arcbabe: where can i read that in the bible?
Can you read Act 2 especially verse 4.
Most times when i peak in tongues like that,i believe i am in the realm of intercession,depends on how the Spirit directs.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 28, 2013
Lordlexyy: Why should you be surprise if you have been reading your bible as you claim. Go back to 1 Cor 14, read the entire chapter and stop being too childish waiting to be pampered. Mintayo and idnoble just said it all. If want to learn, then learn but if asking randome unnecessary questions is all you wanted, then suit yourself. Btw, the english language is not rich enough to communicate the deep things of God as a result of the Holy Spirit constantly help us to express ourselves in spiritual language understood by God and God alone.
i am not very deep in the scripture and have been trying to read the bible from genesis to revelation giving myself a target but could'nt meet up. Am reading psalm now before i noticed the change of language. Am still a learner when it comes to the scripture and knowing more about God.
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Mintayo(m): 6:25pm On Nov 28, 2013
lanrexlan: Show me where 'Jesus' spoke in tongues[Which is jargons] in the bible and failure to do that means 'Jesus' is spiritually dead too.
I am not here to argue with you or derail the Thread,I am here to help a sister who is encountering the Spirit of God and having a good time in God's presence.
You can join the train too by accepting Jesus into your Life,He said anyone that believs in Him,from d persn shall flow springs of Living water-the Holy spirit comes from Jesus and speaking in tongue is one of the gifts of the Spirit,it is only for the Spiritually mature,those that have accepted Jesus into their lives as their Lord and saviour.
So if you want an encounter too,you know what to do.

5 Likes

Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by Nobody: 6:28pm On Nov 28, 2013
Mintayo:
dnt worry to much abt ur understanding it,when God is ready He will give you understanding,just release urself to the Spirit of God,He is working through you.let Him perfect that which He has started.
It is possible that the Holy Spirit is using you as an intercessor to intercede for someone...search the Spirit. Continue to pray and study the Word.
thanks
Re: Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. by lanrexlan(m): 6:29pm On Nov 28, 2013
Lordlexyy: Why should you be surprise if you have been reading your bible as you claim. Go back to 1 Cor 14, read the entire chapter and stop being too childish waiting to be pampered. Mintayo and idnoble just said it all. If want to learn, then learn but if asking randome unnecessary questions is all you wanted, then suit yourself.Btw,the english language is not rich enough to communicate the deep things of God as a result of the Holy Spirit constantly help us to express ourselves in spiritual language understood by God and God alone
The true disciples of 'Jesus' spoke in other tongues with meaningful words which people clearly understood them[Acts 2:4-15].The op is speaking a language which she can't comprehend and you called that spiritual language? Rababa,Shamama and all other abracadabra you are speaking is rubbish.No communication is talking place.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges / Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes / The Messages Of Grace And Hellfire: Which Has Had More Impact In Recent Times?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.