Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,691 members, 7,831,141 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

DSS Invites Apostle Suleman Over ‘inciting’ Comments - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / DSS Invites Apostle Suleman Over ‘inciting’ Comments (744 Views)

Festus Keyamo Replies Apostle Johnson Suleman Over Stephanie Otobo / DSS Invites Apostle Suleman Over Unguided Rant / DSS Arrests Apostle Johnson Suleman Over Comment On Fulani Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSS Invites Apostle Suleman Over ‘inciting’ Comments by Sigoal(m): 7:17pm On Jan 28, 2017

General Overseer of Omega Fire Ministries Worldwide, Apostle Johnson Suleman, has been invited by the Department of State Services to appear at its National Headquarters in Abuja.

The cleric has been invited for interrogation on Monday by 10:00 am.
The invitation is believed to be connected to Suleman’s alleged inciting comments that Christians should defend themselves against attacks by Fulani herdsmen.

Operatives of the Department of State Services, DSS, had in the early hours of Wednesday attempted to arrest the fiery preacher but were prevented by the Ekiti State governor, Ayodele Fayose.

In a recent message to his congregation, Suleman had said, “I told my people, any Fulani herdsman you see around you, kill him. I have told them in the church here, that any Fulani herdsman that just entered by mistake, Kill him, Kill Him. Cut his head. If they are busy killing Christians and nothing is happening, we will kill them and nothing will happen.”

But addressing his congregation following his botched arrest, Suleman vowed not to apologise, stressing that he has nothing personal against Fulanis and Muslims.
Suleman maintained that he holds Fulani people who are tolerant and respect the sanctity of human life in high regards.
“I need to speak about this because of my friends and most of our northern pastors who have Fulani members.

“Many of them have been so concerned. They said: ‘Daddy, we know you love us.’… My driver in Lagos is a Muslim. He has been driving me for nine years and I have bought him two cars. If I am not tolerant, a Muslim won’t drive me.
“One day, there was an issue that happened at the gate of the church and I met with all the security men. I discovered that one of them was a Muslim and I asked how he happened to be there.

“He said he had been here for a long time and he was their supervisor, chief security officer. The way people make comments online, they say, ‘He has asked Muslims to kill Christians’.

“Let me give you an example, the emir of Kano is an intelligent Fulani man. He is a Muslim. There was a church that was destroyed, but he rebuilt it.
“Will I tell people to go and kill such a person? The Fulani people who are very enlightened have called me. They understand me.

“The reason I’m speaking now is because the herdsmen whom I am angry against are happy that this issue has become a religious one.

“I’ll not withdraw my statement and those of you who are my children and pastors need to know what I’m fighting for, so that you can stand tomorrow and say ‘this is what I’m fighting for’.”

He accused his opponents of portraying him in a bad light before the All Progressives Congress, APC-led Federal Government.

Cc: lalasticlala

http://dailypost.ng/2017/01/28/dss-invites-apostle-suleman-inciting-comments/
Re: DSS Invites Apostle Suleman Over ‘inciting’ Comments by fuckingAyaya(m): 7:25pm On Jan 28, 2017
if u love ur self don't go cos fayose will not be able to save u deir.
Re: DSS Invites Apostle Suleman Over ‘inciting’ Comments by rusher14: 7:29pm On Jan 28, 2017
Good.
Re: DSS Invites Apostle Suleman Over ‘inciting’ Comments by okosodo: 7:34pm On Jan 28, 2017
Christians are fools including me
Re: DSS Invites Apostle Suleman Over ‘inciting’ Comments by QuotaSystem: 7:34pm On Jan 28, 2017
Great.

The error this man made was painting ALL Fulani herdsmen as killers (including the majority that are peacefully producing the beef you will eat) that should be killed regardless of their innocence.

He should be thoroughly reprimanded.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Invites Apostle Suleman Over ‘inciting’ Comments by mountlarry: 7:41pm On Jan 28, 2017
You consider this a mistake? Every Christian needs to protect himself/herself from herdsmen.
QuotaSystem:
Great.

The error this man made was painting ALL Fulani herdsmen as killers (including the majority that are peacefully producing the beef you will eat) that should be killed regardless of their innocence.

1 Like

Re: DSS Invites Apostle Suleman Over ‘inciting’ Comments by boiz2men(m): 7:54pm On Jan 28, 2017
Y do I have a feeling that he would be arrested.

A massive protest is brewing

CHeck my signature joor
Re: DSS Invites Apostle Suleman Over ‘inciting’ Comments by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 28, 2017
mountlarry:
You consider this a mistake? Every Christian needs to protect himself/herself from herdsmen.
Don't misquote him; he never asked Christians to protect or defend themselves. He asked his followers to kill herdsmen.
Re: DSS Invites Apostle Suleman Over ‘inciting’ Comments by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 28, 2017
QuotaSystem:
Great.

No fulani man is a saint.
Re: DSS Invites Apostle Suleman Over ‘inciting’ Comments by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 28, 2017
Who will arrest hell rufai for his hate speech?Nobody is against the law.
Re: DSS Invites Apostle Suleman Over ‘inciting’ Comments by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 28, 2017
kITATITA:

Don't misquote him; he never asked Christians to protect or defend themselves. He asked his followers to kill herdsmen.
What about hell rufai?

Re: DSS Invites Apostle Suleman Over ‘inciting’ Comments by rusher14: 8:15pm On Jan 28, 2017
comshots:
What about hell rufai?
When you know the difference between "you will see" and "I will kill you" you might then understand.
Re: DSS Invites Apostle Suleman Over ‘inciting’ Comments by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 28, 2017
rusher14:

When you know the difference between "you will see" and "I will kill you" you might then understand.
Stop twisting issues.If northern muslims elders make a threat it comes to pass.Buhari,atiku,elrufai and other notable elders in the north have made several inciting hate speech which we are all witnessing with bokoharam and fulani herdsmen taking lives.
Re: DSS Invites Apostle Suleman Over ‘inciting’ Comments by rusher14: 8:41pm On Jan 28, 2017
comshots:
Stop twisting issues.If northern muslims elders make a threat it comes to pass.Buhari,atiku,elrufai and other notable elders in the north have made several inciting hate speech which we are all witnessing with bokoharam and fulani herdsmen taking lives.

[b]Nothing twisted.

Provide exact quotes in which people from any part of the country have asked for the killing of others and watch my position and as well as any rational being's position on the issue.

The snake oil salesman Suleiman has done exactly what those in Rwanda did many years ago.
Those with any sense of decency would ensure such incendiary statements are nipped in the bud.

From October 1993 to late 1994, RTLM was used by Hutu leaders to advance an extremist Hutu message and anti-Tutsi disinformation, spreading fear of a Tutsi genocide against Hutu, identifying specific Tutsi targets or areas where they could be found, and encouraging the progress of the genocide. In April 1994, Radio Rwanda began to advance a similar message, speaking for the national authorities, issuing directives on how and where to kill Tutsis, and congratulating those who had already taken part.

http://www.rwandanstories.org/genocide/hate_radio.html

https://www.google.no/amp/s/amp.ibtimes.co.uk/burundi-hears-echoes-anti-tutsi-hate-speech-that-sparked-rwanda-genocide-1527836?client=ms-android-sonymobile

When the sh.it hits the fan Suleiman, FFK and Fayose would ease themselves into neighbouring countries who would provide them sanctuary because they have the means to live in opulence.

A few years down the line they would return to a country upon which blood and bones have scattered to nourish the earth.

They would make claims of being sorry for not handling the situation right at the time and seek forgiveness for their indiscretions.

They would continue to live in splendour and luxury making headlines from time to time.

None from the grave would speak because the dead don't speak.
[/b]
Re: DSS Invites Apostle Suleman Over ‘inciting’ Comments by orunto27: 8:48pm On Jan 28, 2017
When Mr. President is not around, who gives the DSS authority to kill anybody anyhow? Or is it The VP? He's neither the IGP nor The NASS, I don't think he has such Power to summon anyone anyhow. Suleiman should not answer this frivolous call. It's rude and contemptible.
Re: DSS Invites Apostle Suleman Over ‘inciting’ Comments by IVORY2009(m): 9:10pm On Jan 28, 2017
[s]
rusher14:

[b]Nothing twisted.

Provide exact quotes in which people from any part of the country have asked for the killing of others and watch my position and as well as any rational beings position on the issue.

The snake oil salesman Suleiman has done exactly what those in Rwanda did many years ago.
Those with any sense of decency would ensure such incendiary statements are nipped in the bud.

From October 1993 to late 1994, RTLM was used by Hutu leaders to advance an extremist Hutu message and anti-Tutsi disinformation, spreading fear of a Tutsi genocide against Hutu, identifying specific Tutsi targets or areas where they could be found, and encouraging the progress of the genocide. In April 1994, Radio Rwanda began to advance a similar message, speaking for the national authorities, issuing directives on how and where to kill Tutsis, and congratulating those who had already taken part.

http://www.rwandanstories.org/genocide/hate_radio.html

https://www.google.no/amp/s/amp.ibtimes.co.uk/burundi-hears-echoes-anti-tutsi-hate-speech-that-sparked-rwanda-genocide-1527836?client=ms-android-sonymobile

When the sh.it hits the fan Suleiman, FFK and Fayose would ease themselves into neighbouring countries who would provide them sanctuary because they have the means to live in opulence.

A few years down the line they would return to a country upon which blood and bones have scattered to nourish the earth.

They would make claims of being sorry for not handling the situation right at the time and seek forgiveness for their indiscretions.

They would continue to live in splendour and luxury making headlines from time to time.

None from the grave would speak because the dead don't speak.
[/b]
[/s]

Poonoon shocked

(1) (Reply)

My Take On The Meaning/purpose Of Life / Apostle Suleman Is Innocent And I Don't Know Festus Keyamo - Miss Otobo / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 12/07/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.