Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,862 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

ACLU Wins Legal Challenge Against Immigration Ban - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / ACLU Wins Legal Challenge Against Immigration Ban (28786 Views)

Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Social Media Giants' Legal Protections / Trump's Immigration Ban: Several Nigerians Deny Entry To US / Federal Judge Blocks Donald Trump's Immigration Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACLU Wins Legal Challenge Against Immigration Ban by MrMontella(m): 12:27pm On Jan 29, 2017
Domotayo:

point of correction . 7 countries were banned . those countries are ravaged by the Islamic state of Syria and the levant popularly known as ISL and other terror groups . The countries you mentioned , do they have known terror groups that cause havoc. Trump's ideas are solid. European countries too have done the same . After the terror attacks they stopped receiving refugees. If you want to be nice don't be nice to the point that it will harm you . love your neighbour as yourself not more than yourself
let me just give you only one...

Al-qaeda..
Founded by saudi arabians..consists of majorly saudis too

one chaotic attack:9/11...

And many more...

Can you now rethink?
Re: ACLU Wins Legal Challenge Against Immigration Ban by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 29, 2017
jomoh:
The persecution of "Gods faithfuls" has started.

Remember the bible never mentioned Christians, just Gods faithfuls.

You go to their country, destroy it and turn around to Chase them back to the danger you caused that they are running from. Just because you have the power to.

The Arabs are not known to travel much until the late 19th century when the west started poking their nose into the Arabs affairs. They started by claiming their women were being abused and are not given equal rights.
Did they lie against Arab concerning the way they treat women
Re: ACLU Wins Legal Challenge Against Immigration Ban by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 29, 2017
Shehucom:

Because they started it, they started entering the Islamic countries because they feel their ways are strange to them, they wanted them and tried to force them to accept their way and their system. They should have left the Arab world alone with their ways
Arab has gain a lot from America, what has America gained from Arab
Re: ACLU Wins Legal Challenge Against Immigration Ban by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 29, 2017
Shehucom:

Because they started it, they started entering the Islamic countries because they feel their ways are strange to them, they wanted them and tried to force them to accept their way and their system. They should have left the Arab world alone with their ways
Arab has gained a lot from America, what has America gained from Arab
Re: ACLU Wins Legal Challenge Against Immigration Ban by greatfa2013(m): 12:49pm On Jan 29, 2017
The homeland security is still implementing the ORDER by donald trump despite the court stay rule

Re: ACLU Wins Legal Challenge Against Immigration Ban by unphilaz(m): 12:56pm On Jan 29, 2017
ollah1:

Continue gramatising it. Since its the way of life, why don't u follow everything in the Bible? Don't don't christian females dress decently and cover their hair? Why do we have female pastors leading churches? Why

tho late but make i comment. Will this cause the death of unbelievers? No we dont have to do all
Re: ACLU Wins Legal Challenge Against Immigration Ban by jomoh: 1:05pm On Jan 29, 2017
kaluxy007:
Did they lie against Arab concerning the way they treat women

YES they did because they neither understand nor respected their culture and religion.

Even if they don't, did their women complain to them? NO.

Have they(Arabs) changed anything since then? NO. cos it's their culture and religion you can't change it.

Why has their campaign changed from claiming they(Arabs) are women abusers to they are terrorists? Because they(Arabs) refused their perverted lifestyle of degrading women in the name of women empowerment and freedom.

I bet you didn't realise the campaign strategy has changed.

It changed because they couldn't penetrate the Arabs. Now they are smoking them out so that they can mix with the west and learn their culture. After causing trouble in their country with their over meddling, they are turning them back into the troubled region.
Re: ACLU Wins Legal Challenge Against Immigration Ban by HARDDON: 2:05pm On Jan 29, 2017
MrMontella:

keep on acting like the old testament is inexistent

OFcos it is.
But greater than Moses is here!

Light has nothing to hid so it welcome all.
But , why dont u guys let none moslem into ur mosque?
why r there so mAny cases of kidnap , forced conversion to islam n forced marriage?

whY do u offer money to convert ppl to ur religion?
why do u kill for ur god?
why do u marry underaged gurls. ?
Why r women in bondage in ur religion?
why does every1 who , strapped wit bomb n about to blow himself n other shout d name of ur god?
why dO u preach hate?

There cant b religious torelance , no , none!
Re: ACLU Wins Legal Challenge Against Immigration Ban by Interesting15: 2:22pm On Jan 29, 2017
jomoh:
The persecution of "Gods faithfuls" has started.

Remember the bible never mentioned Christians, just Gods faithfuls.

You go to their country, destroy it and turn around to Chase them back to the danger you caused that they are running from. Just because you have the power to.

The Arabs are not known to travel much until the late 19th century when the west started poking their nose into the Arabs affairs. They started by claiming their women were being abused and are not given equal rights.
The Bible never mentioned Christians?

What are you saying?
Re: ACLU Wins Legal Challenge Against Immigration Ban by Fash20: 2:23pm On Jan 29, 2017
After I thought about this, I actually do not blame the Americans or Trump from banning some countries from entering the USA they have got to make sure their country and its citizens are safe from the marauding terrorist.
Re: ACLU Wins Legal Challenge Against Immigration Ban by dynamickc: 2:28pm On Jan 29, 2017
Lombardi:
Some people won't be happy with this news. Bottom line this ban on citizens of certain countries from coming to America Will be a black eye to the country. It's simply un American.
 TEMPORARY ban was for immigrants who were ALREADY Issued green cards and visas and were on transit BEFORE the executive order was signed. The executive order banning refugees and those 7 countries STILL STANDS. In fact, those people at the airport could still be detained if officials choose they just can't deport them until additional proceedings. The stay is also temporary so they could still eventually be deported. They also can't leave the country because regardless if you have a visas or green card and are from any of those countries in the executive order, you will not get back in. The order is effect and has already been signed. The courts can't touch the executive order. Only the Supreme Ct can and they won't. AGAIN, the order is STILL IN EFFECT AND THE TEMPORARY BAN ONLY APPLY TO THOSE WHO WERE IN TRANSIT TO THE US BEFORE IT WAS SIGNED.
Re: ACLU Wins Legal Challenge Against Immigration Ban by dynamickc: 2:30pm On Jan 29, 2017
Pavore9:
I hope ACLU national political director Faiz Shakir also regards it a violation of right where a Christian is banned from entering a Country with his Bible!

By the way, why do they feel offended from being barred from entering the land of the "infidels"? angry

TEMPORARY ban was for immigrants who were ALREADY Issued green cards and visas and were on transit BEFORE the executive order was signed. The executive order banning refugees and those 7 countries STILL STANDS. In fact, those people at the airport could still be detained if officials choose they just can't deport them until additional proceedings. The stay is also temporary so they could still eventually be deported. They also can't leave the country because regardless if you have a visas or green card and are from any of those countries in the executive order, you will not get back in. The order is effect and has already been signed. The courts can't touch the executive order. Only the Supreme Ct can and they won't. AGAIN, the order is STILL IN EFFECT AND THE TEMPORARY BAN ONLY APPLY TO THOSE WHO WERE IN TRANSIT TO THE US BEFORE IT WAS SIGNED.
Re: ACLU Wins Legal Challenge Against Immigration Ban by dynamickc: 2:31pm On Jan 29, 2017
surrogatesng:
Thats bad news for trump

Re: ACLU Wins Legal Challenge Against Immigration Ban by dynamickc: 2:31pm On Jan 29, 2017
Re: ACLU Wins Legal Challenge Against Immigration Ban by vani86: 3:05pm On Jan 29, 2017
ollah1:

It should have been written as "in Jesus we trust"

And if i may ask, why should that be?
Re: ACLU Wins Legal Challenge Against Immigration Ban by joeace2020(m): 3:05pm On Jan 29, 2017
Domotayo:

point of correction . 7 countries were banned . those countries are ravaged by the Islamic state of Syria and the levant popularly known as ISL and other terror groups . The countries you mentioned , do they have known terror groups that cause havoc. Trump's ideas are solid. European countries too have done the same . After the terror attacks they stopped receiving refugees. If you want to be nice don't be nice to the point that it will harm you . love your neighbour as yourself not more than yourself

What a shame. The same America that brought Europe out of facism is now becoming facist and we are pretending not to know the real issues. Please show me the people from these countries who have committed acts of aggression against the US for 8 years of Obamas relaxed immigration policy then I will agree with you
Re: ACLU Wins Legal Challenge Against Immigration Ban by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 29, 2017
ollah1:

By your logic, Lagos state is a Muslim state since all governors besides Ambode have been Muslims?

Yes, Muslims must be in the majority for them to be so influential, it is not a coincidence that all past governors have been Muslims. You need to put on your thinking cap.
Re: ACLU Wins Legal Challenge Against Immigration Ban by Bashirjaja01(m): 3:11pm On Jan 29, 2017
MrMontella:
and so?

Is it not because you do not have birth control?
Why did you quote me then?
Re: ACLU Wins Legal Challenge Against Immigration Ban by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 29, 2017
Pidgin2:

Yes, Muslims must be in the majority for them to be so influential, it is not a coincidence that all past governors have been Muslims. You need to put on your thinking cap.

Your mental strength is so weak. I believe you are yet to stay in Lagos to have written this trash. Next time, don't front when you know nothing about a matter.

Swerve!

Re: ACLU Wins Legal Challenge Against Immigration Ban by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 29, 2017
kaluxy007:
Arab has gain a lot from America, what has America gained from Arab

So literally, America didnt gain anything right?

Re: ACLU Wins Legal Challenge Against Immigration Ban by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jan 29, 2017
ollah1:

Your mental strength is so weak. I believe you are yet to stay in Lagos to have written this trash. Next time, don't front when you know nothing about a matter.

Swerve!

I see you are far beneath my level of reasoning so bye son.
Re: ACLU Wins Legal Challenge Against Immigration Ban by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 29, 2017
Pidgin2:

I see you are far beneath my level of reasoning so bye son.

I know you type run away when you've been taught a lesson

Re: ACLU Wins Legal Challenge Against Immigration Ban by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 29, 2017
ollah1:

I know you type run away when you've been taught a lesson

cheesy Lesson teacher hahaha don't worry Trump is coming for you soon
Re: ACLU Wins Legal Challenge Against Immigration Ban by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 29, 2017
Pidgin2:

cheesy Lesson teacher hahaha don't worry Trump is coming for you soon

Me?? Does he know about my existence? Ohh, you are one of those that believe Trump with give you the Biafra state. Well, Nigerians have been issued with 2 years ban but Ipod yoots aren't affected.

Re: ACLU Wins Legal Challenge Against Immigration Ban by Sman37(m): 5:02pm On Jan 29, 2017
uvalued:

so can we have new koran where we talk more on love just as christians have a new testament.
If only we go all around the world and ask honest bibles followers if they dont have a nice carrring Muslim friend??
If only all bibles followers wll learn Qur'an they will understand it then u may start to prove how it promote violence??
If only bibles followers will all go back to old testerment and learn bibles in marry and jesuse real language
Not even the angels and prophets and or leaving creature on earth will be able to do change a letter of the divine Qur'an Allah said so and it's final
because it's true that with God all things are perfect and possible but with u and me + others we can only do nothing except Allah help us through so mr man no one can change, edited or reversed God message because God know what we don't know?Tank u!
Read jeremiah 8:8 and explain its message please
Re: ACLU Wins Legal Challenge Against Immigration Ban by jomoh: 6:41pm On Jan 29, 2017
Interesting15:

The Bible never mentioned Christians?

What are you saying?

Go and read you bible and tell me where Christian is mentioned in any part of the bible.

You half educated people will be arguing on issues you have little knowledge about.

Read your bible you won't, go to bible church you won't it is all this swagger Yahoo pastors you will be following around.

When someone who knows points it to you, you start argument.
Re: ACLU Wins Legal Challenge Against Immigration Ban by Interesting15: 7:09pm On Jan 29, 2017
jomoh:

Go and read you bible and tell me where Christian is mentioned in any part of the bible.

You half educated people will be arguing on issues you have little knowledge about.

Read your bible you won't, go to bible church you won't it is all this swagger Yahoo pastors you will be following around.

When someone who knows points it to you, you start argument.

Acts 11:26

26 and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts%2011:26

Bro. Talk to me. What is wrong?
Re: ACLU Wins Legal Challenge Against Immigration Ban by Shehucom(m): 8:56pm On Jan 29, 2017
kaluxy007:
Arab has gained a lot from America, what has America gained from Arab
Libyan oil, Iraqi oil, Saudi Arabian oil..
Re: ACLU Wins Legal Challenge Against Immigration Ban by uvalued(m): 10:26pm On Jan 29, 2017
Sman37:

If only we go all around the world and ask honest bibles followers if they dont have a nice carrring Muslim friend??
If only all bibles followers wll learn Qur'an they will understand it then u may start to prove how it promote violence??
If only bibles followers will all go back to old testerment and learn bibles in marry and jesuse real language
Not even the angels and prophets and or leaving creature on earth will be able to do change a letter of the divine Qur'an Allah said so and it's final
because it's true that with God all things are perfect and possible but with u and me + others we can only do nothing except Allah help us through so mr man no one can change, edited or reversed God message because God know what we don't know?Tank u!
Read jeremiah 8:8 and explain its message please

pls can you educate me... are you a muslim or infidel if you ARE friends with jew and christian...

Quran (5:51) - "O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people."

Quran (5:80) - "You will see many of them befriending those who disbelieve; certainly evil is that which their souls have sent before for them, that Allah became displeased with them and in chastisement shall they abide." Those Muslims who befriend unbelievers will abide in hell.

okay my observation is this... how will my knowing the OT help the muslim dilema who claims he is a muslim and a friend of infidels and allah will not throw him in hell for disobeying clear cut commands..

and since allah cannot change his word, it therefore means that you ad all those "nice carring muslims" are DISOBEYING allah is it not so... and allah brought infidel trump as a prophet to show arabs that they should stay back in their holy lands but aclu is resisting allah s will
Re: ACLU Wins Legal Challenge Against Immigration Ban by uvalued(m): 10:40pm On Jan 29, 2017
dynamickc:

Re: ACLU Wins Legal Challenge Against Immigration Ban by Sman37(m): 11:03pm On Jan 29, 2017
uvalued:

pls can you educate me... are you a muslim or infidel if you ARE friends with jew and christian...

okay my observation is this... how will my knowing the OT help the muslim dilema who claims he is a muslim and a friend of infidels and allah will not throw him in hell for disobeying clear cut commands..

and since allah cannot change his word, it therefore means that you ad all those "nice carring muslims" are DISOBEYING allah is it not so... and allah brought infidel trump as a prophet to show arabs that they should stay back in their holy lands but aclu is resisting allah s will

ok Exodus 22:20 did the same check it out

Nop u get it all wrong go to Quran chap 60 verse 1-10 it says......

and those verses u qoute are not the original Allah word (in Arabic) but a translator doing is best and translate it to english
that is y Jeremia 8:8 condem bibles check it out it says

◄ Jeremiah 8:8

Parallel Verses
New International Version
"'How can you say, "We are wise, for
we have the law of the LORD," when
actually the lying pen of the scribes has
handled it falsely?
New Living Translation
"'How can you say, "We are wise
because we have the word of the
LORD," when your teachers have
twisted it by writing lies?

◄ Exodus 22:20

Parallel Verses
"Whoever sacrifices to any god other
than the LORD must be destroyed.
New Living Translation
"Anyone who sacrifices to any god
other than the LORD must be
destroyed.
Re: ACLU Wins Legal Challenge Against Immigration Ban by Sman37(m): 11:28pm On Jan 29, 2017
[quote author=uvalued post=53248248][/quote]
To uderstant Quran u most learn it properly from arabic but well

Quran 60:4 it tranlate as read follows

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
There has already been for you an
excellent pattern in Abraham and those
with him, when they said to their
people, "Indeed, we are disassociated
from you and from whatever you
worship other than Allah . We have
denied you, and there has appeared
between us and you animosity and
hatred forever until you believe in
Allah alone" except for the saying of
Abraham to his father, "I will surely ask
forgiveness for you, but I have not
[power to do] for you anything against
Allah . Our Lord, upon You we have
relied, and to You we have returned,
and to You is the destination.
ar its normal in book to start with fight sentece but befor the sentecevor paragraph end u will see its agains those who fight or violate

Quran is made of 4 features
1= the past (generation)
2= the present (generation)
4= the future or yet to happen messages or generation
5= the Heaven or Paradis and Hell (Day of judgement)
so for u to learn it u must go to Islamic studies
that is y u see many Arabic Islamic schools
in all part of muslims world to learn it proper meanings

but unlike bibles we only have the translated to english ones
that is y Jeremia 8:8 says.....

◄ Jeremiah 8:8

Parallel Verses
"'How can you say, "We are wise, for
we have the law of the LORD," when
actually the lying pen of the scribes has
handled it falsely?
New Living Translation
"'How can you say, "We are wise
because we have the word of the
LORD," when your teachers have
twisted it by writing lies?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

US Intelligence Agencies Make Understanding Putin's State Of Mind A Top Priority / 3 Cameroon Men Jailed For 10 Years Over Boko Haram Joke / Senegalese Soldiers Seen Hailing Protesters (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.