Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Whatsapp To Roll Out Another Feature That Will Leave You In A Fix - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Whatsapp To Roll Out Another Feature That Will Leave You In A Fix (1296 Views)

9 Reasons Why She Is Going To Leave You For Another Man / FIVE Different Types Of Vagina With Pictures, The Feature That Define Each One / Pictures Of "Yoruba Demons" That Will Leave You Speechless (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp To Roll Out Another Feature That Will Leave You In A Fix by Psoul(m): 6:12am On Jan 29, 2017
WhatsApp will have a new feature soon.

WhatsApp started as a simple substitute to instant messaging in 2010, and has now made its way into every bit of our lives. If the ‘last seen at’ option that lets your mother or your boss or your partner keep a constant check on you wasn’t enough, WhatsApp decided to add the ‘read receipts’ feature in 2014 that let the other person know when you’ve read their text (do they even realise how many relationships have suffered?). Thankfully these options, that were initially launched as mandatory functions, were later turned into optional features where one could choose to switch it off (we highly recommend opting out of each one of them).

But now, WhatsApp’s CEO Jan Koum has announced that from 5 February the next update of the application will notify users every time their chats are screenshot. Errr…what?

Thankfully, the users can choose to keep it, or switch it off; similar to all other previous functions. Koum told an online portal that people had been asking for this service and they have finally gone ahead with it. He also mentioned a little bit of a selfish reason to roll out this function — he is tired of his girlfriend screenshotting his chats.

After this, people have also raised a request to get notification when nudes are forwarded. And we have every reason to believe that Koum is considering it, “It’s not about the privacy of the person who screenshots the chat or the person who forwards the nude, it’s about the privacy of the affected person, and we’re gonna do it you like it or not.”

Re: Whatsapp To Roll Out Another Feature That Will Leave You In A Fix by Nobody: 6:27am On Jan 29, 2017
Source or I don't believe it.
Re: Whatsapp To Roll Out Another Feature That Will Leave You In A Fix by DjAndroid: 6:29am On Jan 29, 2017
Even if this new screenshot notification is not optional, one can go offline, take a screenshot and viola. Whatsapp chop winsh? dem dey crase.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp To Roll Out Another Feature That Will Leave You In A Fix by paschal47(m): 6:36am On Jan 29, 2017
Rubbish!!!
Re: Whatsapp To Roll Out Another Feature That Will Leave You In A Fix by Nobody: 6:51am On Jan 29, 2017
DjAndroid:
Even if this new screenshot notification is not optional, one can go offline, take a screenshot and viola. Whatsapp chop winsh? dem dey crase.

Hahaha,so true.
Re: Whatsapp To Roll Out Another Feature That Will Leave You In A Fix by Masonic(m): 6:56am On Jan 29, 2017
LOL. Ain't that a bïtch? cheesy

Good news for me! grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp To Roll Out Another Feature That Will Leave You In A Fix by bedford101(m): 7:15am On Jan 29, 2017
DjAndroid:
9ja the update never come but una don already get solution. I hail

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp To Roll Out Another Feature That Will Leave You In A Fix by milkymesh: 7:26am On Jan 29, 2017
We get brain for 9ja. Just that this hunger wet Buhari cause no dey make us they think well again.

DjAndroid:
Re: Whatsapp To Roll Out Another Feature That Will Leave You In A Fix by kondoAlata: 7:48am On Jan 29, 2017
DjAndroid:

U got it wrong! The app will log the screenshot notification (wether online or offline) and will be sent once network is restored.
Re: Whatsapp To Roll Out Another Feature That Will Leave You In A Fix by IamOpemipo(m): 7:57am On Jan 29, 2017
DjAndroid:

No mind that CEO Jan Koum, He tink Say na him ja pass.. Boiz not smiling
Re: Whatsapp To Roll Out Another Feature That Will Leave You In A Fix by Lsofdk(m): 8:00am On Jan 29, 2017
killer feature
Re: Whatsapp To Roll Out Another Feature That Will Leave You In A Fix by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 29, 2017
Lsofdk:
killer feature
kiss
Re: Whatsapp To Roll Out Another Feature That Will Leave You In A Fix by DjAndroid: 9:42am On Jan 29, 2017
kondoAlata:

U got it wrong! The app will log the screenshot notification (wether online or offline) and will be sent once network is restored.

Not so bro, it doesn't log anything. If you don't want someone to know you read his message, go offline, read the message and delete before going online. It will never show the blue ticks to the sender that you have read the message. WhatsApp does not log anything.
Re: Whatsapp To Roll Out Another Feature That Will Leave You In A Fix by Lsofdk(m): 1:42pm On Jan 29, 2017
Bumbae1:

kiss
applies to you too wink kiss… howdy?
Re: Whatsapp To Roll Out Another Feature That Will Leave You In A Fix by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 29, 2017
Lsofdk:
applies to you too wink kiss… howdy?
Happy sunday hun
Im good .. just browsing NL seeing if any good topics wink
Re: Whatsapp To Roll Out Another Feature That Will Leave You In A Fix by Lsofdk(m): 2:01pm On Jan 29, 2017
Bumbae1:

Happy sunday hun
Im good .. just browsing NL seeing if any good topics wink
same to you swt.

Lol… you'll hardly find that in this section.
How are you spending the day?
Re: Whatsapp To Roll Out Another Feature That Will Leave You In A Fix by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 29, 2017
Lsofdk:
same to you swt.

Lol… you'll hardly find that in this section.
How are you spending the day?
Just chilling .. catching up on Vikings and some other tv shows ..
Re: Whatsapp To Roll Out Another Feature That Will Leave You In A Fix by Lsofdk(m): 2:21pm On Jan 29, 2017
Bumbae1:

Just chilling .. catching up on Vikings and some other tv shows ..
cool… stopped following after season 2. Now you remind about it, i might download some episodes at night.
Which season are you on?
Re: Whatsapp To Roll Out Another Feature That Will Leave You In A Fix by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 29, 2017
Lsofdk:
cool… stopped following after season 2. Now you remind about it, i might download some episodes at night.
Which season are you on?

Yes ohh you need to watch it now ... really got interesting
On season 4 now
Re: Whatsapp To Roll Out Another Feature That Will Leave You In A Fix by obiorathesubtle: 2:34pm On Jan 29, 2017
Lsofdk:
Which season are you on?
cheesy

Season 3, Episode 2..

We're in Wessex, Earl ikstat, Lagertha, is on course for a union between the plough and the sword..

Pardon my intrusion..

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp To Roll Out Another Feature That Will Leave You In A Fix by Lsofdk(m): 2:36pm On Jan 29, 2017
Bumbae1:

Yes ohh you need to watch it now ... really got interesting
On season 4 now
yeah I'll.
Think I'll start now sef before united's match… bored AF

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp To Roll Out Another Feature That Will Leave You In A Fix by Lsofdk(m): 2:40pm On Jan 29, 2017
obiorathesubtle:
cheesy

Season 3, Episode 2..

We're in Wessex, Earl ikstat, Lagertha, is on course for a union between the plough and the sword..

Pardon my intrusion..
lol… you go don go far na grin
Already downloading episode 1

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp To Roll Out Another Feature That Will Leave You In A Fix by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 29, 2017
That's such a stupid idea and another invasion of privacy by whatsapp undecided

Why don't they take away the need for yer real phone number and allow email sign up like bbm undecided thanks whatsapp

(1) (Reply)

She Said We Should Be Friends "Besties" / Help! I Don’t Always Have Erection When I Am With My Wife, Except With My Ex / We Broke Up Mutually But I Still Love Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.