Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,172 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Help, I Dunno What I'm Turning Into - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help, I Dunno What I'm Turning Into (753 Views)

Ten Ways Football Is Gradually Turning Into A Religion. / Help!! I Have A Spirit/Marine Wife. I Need Deliverance / Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, I Dunno What I'm Turning Into by Marissacooper(f): 10:18am On Jan 29, 2017
I'm very confused about religion and this is not something that just started, I never liked attending church services right from childhood. The thing got worse when I got into the uni, and it's making me depressed. When I got admitted I started attending my church fellowship in school, right from time I never liked the people in my fellowship because I feel they are bunch of hypocrites and very judgemental. They preach the truth but they don't practice it. I never got along with them because of this, I've quarreled with them, I've warned them that religion is a personal affair and how I leave my life is between me and God and it's non of their business. Right now I don't go to church anymore because anytime I go I feel disgusted. I've tried other churches but nothing is working, so many questions tormenting me, I don't wanna turn to an atheist or agnostic. I've been really disturbed and depressed, shutting everyone out of my life. It's really affecting me. Please help, I'm in my late teen and I feel I'm too young to be having these thoughts.
Re: Help, I Dunno What I'm Turning Into by StarBukola(f): 10:24am On Jan 29, 2017
Ok
Re: Help, I Dunno What I'm Turning Into by brandonobi(m): 10:29am On Jan 29, 2017
good, be urself and don't do something bcus others are doing it, don't even feel guilty bout not to church cus if shows that ure not blinded by wat people force themselves to see. just like u said religion should be between u and God.
Re: Help, I Dunno What I'm Turning Into by valariz: 10:36am On Jan 29, 2017
Bro Mari, i feel 4 u bro cuz i've been der. d tin is people wen in dia strongest moments tends 2 b judgmental, 4getin dat der err also in oda ways. just find a bible living church and give ur lyf 2 CHRIST JESUS totaly focus on HIM alone bro. dere is no depths of sin HE canot 4give. com as u r- as nobody, non entity, dirty, unclean, rejected, unloved, un4givable... as u r. u wil b amazed of HIS Love 4 ur u, ur lyf n all dat concerns u bro. n pls 4get dos who judge u as if dey r d most righteous one.
Re: Help, I Dunno What I'm Turning Into by Marissacooper(f): 10:48am On Jan 29, 2017
valariz:
Bro Sis Mari, i feel 4 u bro sis cuz i've been der. d tin is people wen in dia strongest moments tends 2 b judgmental, 4getin dat der err also in oda ways. just find a bible living church and give ur lyf 2 CHRIST JESUS totaly focus on HIM alone bro. dere is no depths of sin HE canot 4give. com as u r- as nobody, non entity, dirty, unclean, rejected, unloved, un4givable... as u r. u wil b amazed of HIS Love 4 ur u, ur lyf n all dat concerns u bro. n pls 4get dos who judge u as if dey r d most righteous one.
The problem is I've not really seen any church that fits my ideology. The only close is my church and JW and they all have their flaws too. BTW, I'm bro
Re: Help, I Dunno What I'm Turning Into by Marissacooper(f): 10:52am On Jan 29, 2017
brandonobi:
good, be urself and don't do something bcus others are doing it, don't even feel guilty bout not to church cus if shows that ure not blinded by wat people force themselves to see. just like u said religion should be between u and God.
Don't you think it's bad that I don't go to church? Cos people around me tell me that church gathering is important and staying at is putting a lot of doubt in my mind..
Re: Help, I Dunno What I'm Turning Into by jiggaz(m): 11:09am On Jan 29, 2017
My brother, i understand you perfectly well.... You see, that is the problem with religion in Nigeria. It is a shame that Christians have turned Christianity into a religion and that is not what Christ made it to be.

I know the kind of Church you are looking for, but i don't think you will find it in Nigeria. You cannot find a 100% Grace-based church in Nigeria. Just find one that still teaches Christ and attend.

I left my former church becos of this same issue of Self Righteousness, Being Judgemental & Hypocrisy...

Read this article, it addressed your situation, you will love it.

https://www.nairaland.com/2601230/jesus-measure-righteousness-joseph-prince

Go through my posts and read them also, it will set you free!!
Re: Help, I Dunno What I'm Turning Into by brandonobi(m): 11:15am On Jan 29, 2017
Marissacooper:

Don't you think it's bad that I don't go to church? Cos people around me tell me that church gathering is important and staying at is putting a lot of doubt in my mind..
a church gathering is only as good as the people in it, if they are stuck up and judgmental then how do they help anyone
Re: Help, I Dunno What I'm Turning Into by Marissacooper(f): 11:21am On Jan 29, 2017
jiggaz:
My brother sister, i understand you perfectly well.... You see, that is the problem with religion in Nigeria. It is a shame that Christians have turned Christianity into a religion and that is not what Christ made it to be.

I know the kind of Church you are looking for, but i don't think you will find it in Nigeria. You cannot find a 100% Grace-based church in Nigeria. Just find one that still teaches Christ and attend.

I left my former church becos of this same issue of Self Righteousness, Being Judgemental & Hypocrisy...

Read this article, it addressed your situation, you will love it.

https://www.nairaland.com/2601230/jesus-measure-righteousness-joseph-prince

Go through my posts and read them also, it will set you free!!
Thanks, I'll go through it...but I'm not a guy.
Re: Help, I Dunno What I'm Turning Into by jiggaz(m): 11:23am On Jan 29, 2017
Marissacooper:

Thanks, I'll go through it...but I'm no a guy.
You welcome... sorry about the mistake.
Re: Help, I Dunno What I'm Turning Into by yomi007k(m): 11:27am On Jan 29, 2017
grin

U are very normal.

Welcome to Africa, the land of hypocrisy.
Re: Help, I Dunno What I'm Turning Into by Marissacooper(f): 11:32am On Jan 29, 2017
yomi007k:
grin

U are very normal.

Welcome to Africa, the land of hypocrisy.
I don't think it's just Africa, it's every where. I wish I could just stay at home and worship God alone.
Re: Help, I Dunno What I'm Turning Into by yomi007k(m): 11:35am On Jan 29, 2017
Marissacooper:

I don't think it's just Africa, it's every where. I wish I could just stay at home and worship God alone.

Then do just that.....do u think people really give a damn?

Stop living to please ppl, u wil never be happy if u do dt.
Re: Help, I Dunno What I'm Turning Into by Marissacooper(f): 11:44am On Jan 29, 2017
yomi007k:

Then do just that.....do u think people really give a damn?

Stop living to please ppl, u wil never be happy if u do dt.
I feel like I'm letting my parents down and I do anything to please them... Well I guess I just gotta do the right thing now and stop caring about what people say.
Re: Help, I Dunno What I'm Turning Into by jonbellion(m): 12:25pm On Jan 29, 2017
Dear OP
religion is a scam
So its actually good you're realising it for yourself
Just do your thing you don't have to worry about what people think
That's why agnosticism is okay
Re: Help, I Dunno What I'm Turning Into by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 29, 2017
Marissacooper:
I'm very confused about religion and this is not something that just started, I never liked attending church services right from childhood. The thing got worse when I got into the uni, and it's making me depressed. When I got admitted I started attending my church fellowship in school, right from time I never liked the people in my fellowship because I feel they are bunch of hypocrites and very judgemental. They preach the truth but they don't practice it. I never got along with them because of this, I've quarreled with them, I've warned them that religion is a personal affair and how I leave my life is between me and God and it's non of their business. Right now I don't go to church anymore because anytime I go I feel disgusted. I've tried other churches but nothing is working, so many questions tormenting me, I don't wanna turn to an atheist or agnostic. I've been really disturbed and depressed, shutting everyone out of my life. It's really affecting me. Please help, I'm in my late teen and I feel I'm too young to be having these thoughts.

God loves you and want to show Himself to people like you who want the real God. If you seek for Him, he will show you the way.
Re: Help, I Dunno What I'm Turning Into by otemanuduno: 2:47am On Jan 30, 2017
Marissacooper:

You are not alone... You should look inward for God and not in the churches. God is with you and inside of you.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 29/03/17 / I Am Not Jesus, I Only Played The Role / Manifestation Of The Sons Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.