Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

What A Five Year Old Requested For - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What A Five Year Old Requested For (958 Views)

Today’s Is My Grandma’s 100th Birthday. She Requested This.. / Court dissolves Five Year-old Marriage Over Husband’s Impotence / Heartbreaking Moment A Terminally-ill Mother Says Bye To Her Five-year Old(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What A Five Year Old Requested For by ascek(m): 11:57am On Jan 29, 2017
I am someone with a very tight schedule. I only get to see my son who is 5 years very early in the morning and very late at night most times three times in a week. I do buy him snacks as compensation for the time I don't have for him.
Today is one of the lucky day he will see me in the morning. I prepared him breakfast and encouraged him to eat as his mother was still sleeping. As usual he asked what I would buy for him and I replied meat pie. To my surprise he said no. So threw the question back to him. He said I should buy him a story book.
For me as a person I don't read like that. And I am deeply inspired by what he told me he wanted. Please I need advice on the type of story books I can buy for him. I wouldn't c mind a series. Thank you
Re: What A Five Year Old Requested For by Emescot(m): 12:01pm On Jan 29, 2017
Buy him a novel
The Hollow written by Nora Roberts

Re: What A Five Year Old Requested For by 2SWT(f): 12:25pm On Jan 29, 2017
How old is he?
Re: What A Five Year Old Requested For by elantraceey(f): 12:34pm On Jan 29, 2017
2SWT pos :
How old is he?

Really?

1 Like

Re: What A Five Year Old Requested For by ascek(m): 12:40pm On Jan 29, 2017
2SWT:
How old is he?
He is five years old
Re: What A Five Year Old Requested For by ascek(m): 12:42pm On Jan 29, 2017
Emescot:
Buy him a novel
The Hollow written by Nora Roberts

I hope it will be okay for a five year old?
Re: What A Five Year Old Requested For by Emescot(m): 12:44pm On Jan 29, 2017
ascek:

Yeah it is, or better still you can buy him an action novel, every kid loves action
Re: What A Five Year Old Requested For by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 29, 2017
I can't recommend books for you here...i love the boy's spirit, he must be a smart one. ok, go to a Disney store around you and say you need a story book for a 5yrs old, a lot will be shown for you to pick from.
Re: What A Five Year Old Requested For by ascek(m): 12:48pm On Jan 29, 2017
Benita27:
I can't recommend books for you here...i love the boy's spirit, he must be a smart one. ok, go to a Disney store around you and say you need a story book for a 5yrs old, a lot will be shown for you to pick from.

I love this advice. Thanks ma'am
Re: What A Five Year Old Requested For by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 29, 2017
ascek:

I love this advice. Thanks ma'am
You're welcome sir!.
Re: What A Five Year Old Requested For by blazer234: 12:54pm On Jan 29, 2017
ascek:

Please sir, be careful what you buy for him. The kind of book he reads will end up forming his mind, ideas and opinions about life and people around him.

A 5 year old is still learning and trying to fully grasp his environment. Anything he learns or reads now will stick to his mind for life. So be cautious sir.

Why not assess the books first before buying them for him so that books won't end up "hurting" his young and immature mind?

Why not ask his school teacher or proprietor about recommended books for his age group?

Before you buy that book title "hollow", please read through it by yourself and find out if it is good for the mind of a 5-year-old.
Re: What A Five Year Old Requested For by ascek(m): 1:02pm On Jan 29, 2017
blazer234:

Please sir, be careful what you buy for him. The kind of book he reads will end up forming his mind, ideas and opinions about life and people around him.

A 5 year old is still learning and trying to fully grasp his environment. Anything he learns or reads now will stick to his mind for life. So be cautious sir.

Why not assess the books first before buying them for him so that books won't end up "hurting" his young and immature mind?

Why not ask his school teacher or proprietor about recommended books for his age group?

Before you buy that book title "hollow", please read through it by yourself and find out if it is good for the mind of a 5-year-old.

I appreciate your admonition. Thanks
Re: What A Five Year Old Requested For by Richy4(m): 2:56pm On Jan 29, 2017
The book sellers will help you with that man....They always knew the best/ the most popular ones with kids especially when a customer is confused on which one to buy...Why not try them....

1 Like

Re: What A Five Year Old Requested For by bennyrazz: 3:33pm On Jan 29, 2017
why not buy him my book of Bible stories? I'm not JW though, but you could get it in book stores here is a link to stories you would find in it https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/bible-stories/
Re: What A Five Year Old Requested For by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 29, 2017
Ask his teachers at school, the librarians at a public library, or sellers at a bookstore. All these people would know which books are suitable for a kid his age.
Re: What A Five Year Old Requested For by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 29, 2017
You are so right....gotta be careful what goes into a child's mind.

blazer234:

(1) (Reply)

"Nah Who Carry Belle?" My Encounter With A Naija Teenager! / Man Who Went To Sleep With A Married Lady In Anambra Caught Unclad(photos) / How To Behave When Accommodated By Someone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.