Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,459 members, 7,836,819 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures (23309 Views)

Donald Trump's UK Visit: Security To Gulp £18m / Fiona Onasanya Disgraced, Loses Seat After Recall Petition In The United Kingdom / Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 1,000,000 Signatures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures by realjoker(m): 11:30am On Jan 30, 2017
dudebuck:
I don't live in the zoo bro, I am an automotive technician, good at Photoshop and learning 3D modelling, I and my family live in Gabon. Dad, thank you for bringing us here.
lolz... You can tell that tales by the moon light story to students in kindergarten dear. You are very frustrated bro, if nobody have tell you this before I need to.
Re: Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 30, 2017
MrMontella:
8 years?
Are you okay?
What makes u think he won't run for president again , and he would still win.
Re: Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures by ednut1(m): 11:31am On Jan 30, 2017
MrMontella:

rubbish...very very very ignorant of you...
I am highly dissapointed..

Please do yourself a favor and read about world war 2...it will help you a lot..

USA that was afraid to join the war until towards the ending of 1944 is who you are talking rubbish for...
While the UK was in the war since its inception...fought the damn war for 5 years...5 years...despite the effect of the war..Today they are still a world power and you're talking bullsheet here..

FYI..The UK delivered hitler/germany their first defeat in world war two...
Without the UK..the war may have not been won...

So please go and educate yourself.

And oh,hitler tried invading london...
And he failed woefully.
yawns, after the war Russia and USA became world powers. UK is only living on past glory oga
Re: Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures by cao(f): 11:32am On Jan 30, 2017
pchukwudi:
grin grin grin grin

You must be living in the Mars.

Brexit was majorly a british revolt to the EU's slacky hold on border protection and immigration especially as it relates to islamic migrants. And May T, as the british minister of interior for six years, was in full support of the exit movement. If anything, she was not as unpatronizing as Mr. Trump because she is a career politician and diplomat, which Trump is not.

Aside that little difference in political correctness, her ideology is pretty simillar to that of Trump. And the fire of this nationalistic ideology will spread across the EU in the coming months. Those who think that Trump is alone will be shocked back to reality pretty soon.

The reality is that rhe world has just changed .... for the better. No more budget for global parasitic living.

Err...she was the Home Secretary for 6 years, not once has she ever held the position you stated. I'm too tired to fully reiterate the Leave campaign to fully cover the Brexit issue. Too lazy to talk about how the advisory election and its surprising* result changed the playing field, but I'll tell you this May never fully said her intentions concerning Brexit, until she took up Tory leadership and decided to follow "the will of the British People". Folks thought Boris Johnson or Michael Gove would take the Tory leadership, but they shot themselves in the foot after they'd won on their Brexit stand.

*yes surprising. Don't underestimate the power of a protest vote.

1 Like

Re: Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures by LordAdam7: 11:34am On Jan 30, 2017
MrMontella:
you didnt even understand the article...

The petition would still be heard by the parliament...

Downing street is somewhat akin to the white house...(executive or so)

The parliament meets at the palace of westminster

the article only shows that downing street has no intention to back down...thats all..

The parliament hasnt consulted the government on it..

And downing street is saying this because The US have replied them(UK) and made it known to the UK that citizens with dual nationality(uk and a banned country) wont be affected..
metro.co.uk/2017/01/29/what-the-muslim-ban-means-for-uk-citizens-travelling-to-the-us-6413937/

Ofc it'd b heard by parliament. That's protocol.

But Donald will still have his state visit going by the response from Downing Street and that's all that matters. Not grown men arguing like toddlers in a cramped space.

He was of the opinion that it getting to parliament would mean that the UK government would back track. They wouldn't. They've been playing International politics for centuries. In fact, they set the rules others are following. So, if one uninformed hate-filled lefty thinks a signed petition will downgrade Donald's visit, that person needs to smell the coffee.

We need to understand that there's a difference between criticism and blanket-hate.

When Obama barred Iraqi's for 6 months from entering the US in 2011, there weren't these many protests and petitions. Of course, there was opposition, but it was constructive and structured. This isn't.

There are parts of the executive order that needs straightening out. But a lot of these people don't want to converse, they just want to bully the Trump presidency into submission. That wouldn't work anymore.

May went to Washington and was able to convince Trump to give his word that torture isn't coming back, and that the US will back NATO 100%. She did that without sounding like the millennial in Canada. I'm a center-left, but I'm completely disappointed in the response of Liberals to Trump.

We need to keep him on his toes not degrade him like all the stop-inauguration calls, impeachment calls, and anti-Trump rhetoric. The left HATES Trump. The right NEVER HATED Obama (he was admired by the right even when they battled). Where is the fairness in that?

My point is that we can get Trump to compromise but not by hating his guts. That's just going not going to cut it. Ironically, the LEFT never learns. This is how we antagonized the Brexit supporters without providing any satisfying response to their concerns and antagonized Trump supporters before the exit vote and US election respectively. It didn't work then. It wouldn't work now!

We need to get our act together, the age of bullying people to accept opinions is long gone.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures by madridsta007(m): 11:35am On Jan 30, 2017
TippyTop:

Elizabeth is Queen because her subjects wants it so. She makes decisions based on the mood of her subjects.

If she makes her decisions based on the mood of the country, the monarchy would have been on minimum wage— or scrapped. The British are angry that their taxes go to propping up the monarchy and their lifestyle!
Re: Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures by dudebuck: 11:38am On Jan 30, 2017
realjoker:
lolz... You can tell that tales by the moon light story to students in kindergarten dear. You are very frustrated bro, if nobody have tell you this before I need to.
No you are the one who is frustrated, as you are right now, you worry where the next meal will come from, you live in darkness, no electricity, no good hospitals, medicines are so expensive for you, but as for me it is almost as ( I hate to admit it) if I take some of these things for granted.
Re: Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures by pchukwudi: 11:45am On Jan 30, 2017
May sided with the goverment during the campaign and QUIETLY supported the Remain block because she was a top official in the govt. of Cameroun who was a staunch Remain proponent.

But remeber that the Exit block called for Cameroun's resignation immidiately after the referendum because of his glaringly anti-Exit stance , which May was never known for. This explains why May was pickd as Camerouns succesor and why she is going ALL OUT to exit the EU - CLEANLY, and WITHOUT any form of attachement; not even in judiciary.

I suggest you read he 12-point exit plan.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/17/theresa-may-brexit-12-point-plan-live/

http://www.euronews.com/2016/07/12/what-is-theresa-may-s-view-on-brexit

Adekamkpe23:

Theresa May was never in support of Brexit, where do you get your news? If you people think Trump would help actualize Biafra, you have another think coming.
Re: Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures by MrMontella(m): 11:47am On Jan 30, 2017
fhranciz:

What makes u think he won't run for president again , and he would still win.
what makes you think he will win again?

Many republicans voted him because they saw him as the lesser evil between hilary clinton and he..

Even now...
Many republicans are condemning his banning policy

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/29/us/politics/republicans-congress-trump-refugees.html?referer=

https://www.axios.com/gop-on-ban-ridiculous-2223599195.html
Re: Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures by helinues: 11:49am On Jan 30, 2017
updated

Re: Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures by cao(f): 11:51am On Jan 30, 2017
hucienda:
hehehe ... The Donald really driving the left craaazy!

He's returned the legendary Sir Winston Churchill to the Oval. Not forgetting his mother is Scottish. And most importantly, the United Kingdom really, really needs a trade post-brexit deal with the United States.

So these signatories should try other methods or maybe ask Piers Morgan for any strategy.
Piers?! Mwuahaha! Anywho, it's their right to petition, so they've done so. It will be debated. I wonder will Trump also acknowledge his paternal German roots as well? Since Churchill was certainly not of Scottish descent, so I was wondering why it seems you're trying to build a connection between those two? Now, if you had said that both of them were British, I would have understood perfectly.
Re: Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures by MrMontella(m): 11:51am On Jan 30, 2017
pchukwudi:
May sided with the goverment during the campaign and QUIETLY supported the Remain block because she was a top official in the govt. of Cameroun who was a staunch Remain proponent.

But remeber that the Exit block called for Cameroun's resignation immidiately after the referendum because of his glaringly anti-Exit stance , which May was never known for. This explains why May was pickd as Camerouns succesor and why she is going ALL OUT to exit the EU - CLEANLY, and WITHOUT any form of attachement; not even in judiciary.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/17/theresa-may-brexit-12-point-plan-live/

oboi!
May was not originally in support of brexit...

She has no choice now because she is the prime minister....

Dazall
Re: Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 30, 2017
MrMontella:

what makes you think he will win again?

Many republicans voted him because they saw him as the lesser evil between hilary clinton and he..

Even now...
Many republicans are condemning his banning policy

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/29/us/politics/republicans-congress-trump-refugees.html?referer=

https://www.axios.com/gop-on-ban-ridiculous-2223599195.html

With what just happened in Canada and what will happen around the world, with time the USA will appreciate his actions . Most people that are speaking now (like Hollywood celebrities and socialites) didn't like like him from the begining of his campaign.

America is a country of more than 400 million . 2.5 million who are mostly Muslims and anti Trump won't make a difference.
Re: Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures by MrMontella(m): 11:55am On Jan 30, 2017
ednut1:
yawns, after the war Russia and USA became world powers. UK is only living on past glory oga
let your almighty russia invade Uk then...then you'd understand what i'm saying...
Its not by mouth...

Being a front runner in victories in two world wars is not childs play...

Russia lost world war one...
If they didnt listen to uk and the us they ffor still lose world war 2.

Uk is still a world power...
Re: Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures by MrMontella(m): 11:56am On Jan 30, 2017
fhranciz:

With what just happened in Canada and what will happen around the world, with time the USA will appreciate his actions . Most people that are speaking now (like Hollywood celebrities and socialites) didn't like like him from the begining of his campaign.

America is a country of more than 400 million . 2.5 million who are mostly Muslims and anti Trump won't make a difference.
your luck bro...

FYI..what happened in canada was an attack on muslims...

Probably done by pro-trump supporters or anti-islamic groups...

A lot of christians are anti-trump.
Re: Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures by MrMontella(m): 12:00pm On Jan 30, 2017
LordAdam7:

Ofc it'd b heard by parliament. That's protocol.

But Donald will still have his state visit going by the response from Downing Street and that's all that matters. Not grown men arguing like toddlers in a cramped space.

He was of the opinion that it getting to parliament would mean that the UK government would back track. They wouldn't. They've been playing International politics for centuries. In fact, they set the rules others are following. So, if one uninformed hate-filled lefty thinks a signed petition will downgrade Donald's visit, that person needs to smell the coffee.

We need to understand that there's a difference between criticism and blanket-hate.

When Obama barred Iraqi's for 6 months from entering the US in 2011, there weren't these many protests and petitions. Of course, there was opposition, but it was constructive and structured. This isn't.

There are parts of the executive order that needs straightening out. But a lot of these people don't want to converse, they just want to bully the Trump presidency into submission. That wouldn't work anymore.

May went to Washington and was able to convince Trump to give his word that torture isn't coming back, and that the US will back NATO 100%. She did that without sounding like the millennial in Canada. I'm a center-left, but I'm completely disappointed in the response of Liberals to Trump.

We need to keep him on his toes not degrade him like all the stop-inauguration calls, impeachment calls, and anti-Trump rhetoric. The left HATES Trump. The right NEVER HATED Obama (he was admired by the right even when they battled). Where is the fairness in that?

My point is that we can get Trump to compromise but not by hating his guts. That's just going not going to cut it. Ironically, the LEFT never learns. This is how we antagonized the Brexit supporters without providing any satisfying response to their concerns and antagonized Trump supporters before the exit vote and US election respectively. It didn't work then. It wouldn't work now!

We need to get our act together, the age of bullying people to accept opinions is long gone.

-Lord
respect!

The world is just afraid of a prospective 21st century hitler
Re: Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures by cao(f): 12:00pm On Jan 30, 2017
pchukwudi:

I've already talked about May's neutrality already, so I won't repeat myself. Cameron resigned by himself, he always stated that he would never be in charge of Brexit, if the Remain campaign lost. He stuck to that promise, he was never forced to do so.

EDIT: I just re-read your post again, I see I'm just reiterating the same thing. Weird how my eyes read it as something else. My bad.
Re: Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jan 30, 2017
MrMontella:

your luck bro...

FYI..what happened in canada was an attack on muslims...

Probably done by pro-trump supporters or anti-islamic groups...

A lot of christians are anti-trump.
By anti Trump I meant christains and pagans.
Yea , yea, Muslim killing Muslims have been in vogue for a very long time.
Try defending ur religion by hating on Trump , it's ur perogative but I ain't ain't buying bro
Re: Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures by MrMontella(m): 12:06pm On Jan 30, 2017
fhranciz:

By anti Trump I meant christains and pagans.
Yea , yea, Muslim killing Muslims have been in vogue for a very long time.
Try defending ur religion by hating on Trump , it's ur perogative but I ain't ain't buying bro
God forbid !

I am not a muslim...

Will never be
Re: Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures by LordAdam7: 12:11pm On Jan 30, 2017
MrMontella:

why dont you try it and bring proof you signed the petition?

Its a government site...i believe there would be ways to identify it...
Uk nationals,probably are archived at the national database

You owe me an apology!

Don't tell me sh*t next time about "I believe" if you can't "FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF."

-Lord
Re: Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures by cao(f): 12:16pm On Jan 30, 2017
LordAdam7:

You owe me an apology!

Don't tell me sh*t next time about "I believe" if you can't "FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF."

-Lord
Well, let's hope they won't use your postcode for yahoo yahoo...enjoy Birmingham.
Re: Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures by LordAdam7: 12:17pm On Jan 30, 2017
MrMontella:

respect!

The world is just afraid of a prospective 21st century hitler

Valid concerns, wrong approach!

-Lord
Re: Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures by LordAdam7: 12:20pm On Jan 30, 2017
cao:

Well, let's hope they won't use your postcode for yahoo yahoo...enjoy Birmingham.

I'm not in Birmingham. I just copy-pasted that post code from Google to prove a point that people outside the UK and that are not UK citizens can sign that petition. Theoretically, any Trump hater can sign that petition. The person does not have to be a UK citizen or be in UK to sign it. The person does not even need to have use a UK proxy. The person can use any IP be it Nigerian or Syrian.

-Lord
Re: Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures by cao(f): 12:25pm On Jan 30, 2017
LordAdam7:

I'm not in Birmingham. I just copy-pasted that post code from Google to prove a point that people outside the UK and that are not UK citizens can sign that petition. Theoretically, any Trump hater can sign that petition. The person does not have to be a UK citizen or be in UK to sign it. The person does not even need to have use a UK proxy. The person can use any proxy be it Nigerian or Syrian

-Lord
Fair enough. I was wondering since your email was a tad dodgy and you chose a postcode which is also used by an immigration law firm. Very tongue in cheek.

1 Like

Re: Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures by realjoker(m): 12:31pm On Jan 30, 2017
dudebuck:
No you are the one who is frustrated, as you are right now, you worry where the next meal will come from, you live in darkness, no electricity, no good hospitals, medicines are so expensive for you, but as for me it is almost as ( I hate to admit it) if I take some of these things for granted.
All you Liepod yoots are only good at lieing so all those things you listed above are well available in Gabon? I am very sure you are in your hamlet somewhere in alaigbo
Re: Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures by blazer234: 12:36pm On Jan 30, 2017
realjoker:
Bro they are all the same, the only difference is that one have the gut to pick up arm while the other lacks the gut to pick up arms, they both share something in common wish is hate.

So, the one that doesn't pick arm should keep quiet and watch as the other one murder him? You blame him for not picking arm, and also blame him for calling for self defense?
Re: Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures by dudebuck: 12:55pm On Jan 30, 2017
realjoker:
All you Liepod yoots are only good at lieing so all those things you listed above are well available in Gabon? I am very sure you are in your hamlet somewhere in alaigbo
Hahahahahahahahahaha.
Je suis a Libreville. Je te ecrit depuis le Gabon, Je parle et écrit bien la langue Française.
Re: Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures by realjoker(m): 12:58pm On Jan 30, 2017
dudebuck:
Hahahahahahahahahaha.
Je suis a Libreville. Je te ecrit depuis le Gabon, Je parle et écrit bien la langue Française.
I am done with U dear.
Re: Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures by dudebuck: 1:06pm On Jan 30, 2017
realjoker:
I am done with U dear.
No don't be,That is why I say Nigerian is synonymous with stupidity. In a previous post I compared the Franc CFA to Naira, you wanted to make me look stupid for stating the obvious. Mais c'est dan ta face. Tu as eu ce que tu voulais!
Re: Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures by tollyboy5(m): 1:11pm On Jan 30, 2017
little did the Egyptian knew what would become of religion when they started it in their first civilisation, but am I going to blame them or blame the religious leade rs of the two popular religion for spreading religious violence and hate. if not some religious bigot won't be typing trash
Re: Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures by NLjona(m): 1:19pm On Jan 30, 2017
BermudaTriangle:

You are fooling yourselves. The signaturies will mainly be muslims and gays - the dregs of that society.
I won't be surprised if this move is being instigated by the fundamentalist and terrorist mayor of London.
The same people who campaigned for him from mosque to mosque to become mayor are behind this innocuos petition.
Tomorrow you may see them turn the cheek and start claiming freedom of blah, blah, blah.

guy you mumu oo.. ah swear.
if only you know what Trump's administration is causing in people's lives barely a month in power you nogo talk this bullsh!t
Re: Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures by hucienda: 1:37pm On Jan 30, 2017
cao:

Piers?! Mwuahaha! Anywho, it's their right to petition, so they've done so. It will be debated. I wonder will Trump also acknowledge his paternal German roots as well? Since Churchill was certainly not of Scottish descent, so I was wondering why it seems you're trying to build a connection between those two? Now, if you had said that both of them were British, I would have understood perfectly.

Yeah. They all brits.

The Donald has that never-say-die, ruthless streak of the average 'german' machine - but he's not a fan of Chancellor Merkel's open door policy. The Germans have gone so far left on the political spectrum 'cos of the atrocities of their Nazi past.

The left worldwide are in a frenzy, first with Brexit and now with President Trump.

2017 will be interesting politically speaking in the west. Next battleground will be France in the summer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Czech Presidential Candidate Has A Full-face Tattoo / Ukraine Bans Men From Getting Passports, Tells EU To Deport Its Men / Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.