Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? (4973 Views)

AI (alien Intelligence) And The Question Of God - How Atheist & Theist Are Right / Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? / I Am No Longer A Theist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by akintom(m): 12:06pm On Jan 31, 2017
Zoharariel:

Well, you maybe right. I do not know Prof. Douglas Anele and nobody knows whether he has Ifa or any other traditional orisha that he offers sacrifices to - for fortification.

Take Prof. Wole Soyinka for instance, he is a known atheist who has never shied away from proclaiming his atheistic views - yet he is an ardent worshipper of Ogun Lakaaye Oshimale. Infact, his email address is (eniogun@aol.com).

Eni Ogun in yoruba literarily means the one of Ogun.
wole soyinka isn't an atheist, as long as he subscribed to beliefs in gods.

Besides, why do you think there's some sense in entertaining reality of "fortification" by some herbalist or witch doctors?

2 Likes

Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by hopefulLandlord: 4:19pm On Jan 31, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
You want people to be ostracized, or worse okwia?

haha

my bros, no be so grin
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by hopefulLandlord: 7:27pm On Jan 31, 2017
DeepFriedPuff:
grin u have a interesting username

you too
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:53am On Feb 01, 2017
The challenge is finding a Nigerian theist capable of arguing with reason devoid of the usual adhominems, red-herrings and strawmans you see bandied around here...

If you can find one, such a debate will be golden.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 01, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

you too
really wanna be a landlord??
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by hopefulLandlord: 11:31pm On Feb 01, 2017
DeepFriedPuff:
really wanna be a landlord??

landlord in hell fire, Hahn (My real estate agent) is already helping me with that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Feb 01, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

landlord in hell fire, Hahn (My real estate agent) is already helping me with that
uhm ...are u making a joke?
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by dalaman: 12:02am On Feb 02, 2017
DeSepiero:
Once in a while, I'd like to see such a debate on Channels TV's Sunrise Daily.

Channels will only air it when the theist defeats the athiest in the debate. If the atheist wins the debate will not be aired.

2 Likes

Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by hopefulLandlord: 12:20am On Feb 02, 2017
DeepFriedPuff:

nope

Christians believe atheists are hellbound

I'm an atheist

2 Likes

Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by hopefulLandlord: 12:52am On Feb 02, 2017
dalaman:

Channels will only air it when the theist defeats the athiest in the debate. If the atheist wins the debate will not be aired.

true

1 Like

Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by akindlesfarm: 1:04am On Feb 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
We've done lots of debates on the internet, we've won many and lost many, we've learnt a lot in the process, we've helped many deconvert, many have had their faith shaken and unstable due to our online activities

on one hand it fells good having to air opinions that would've been almost impossible to air

on another hand however is that we are restricting this to online debates and it doesn't look like it would progress to physical debates anytime soon

this is robbing us of OUR Christopher Hitchens, Matt Dillhaunty, Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins etc

yes it's hard, yes there are many who wouldn't wanna bear the risk of being known as atheist eg pastor's and deacon's children or those whose means of livelihood and/or Safety is connected to giving appearances; I'm not talking about such people

I'm talking those who can take the risk or those who don't see it as risk at all

getting a theist to engage wouldn't be that difficult cuz we know there's nothing to lose for them

could this be possible? oh yes

How long before it happens?

or has it been happening and I'm not aware?
haha why are you asking for such? you know Christians would not turn out because they are aware they would lose
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by hahn(m): 10:06am On Feb 02, 2017
DeepFriedPuff:

It is real o. You can contact me via PM to pay for your own plot. We have many luxury suites available for you to choose from with futuristic technology. Just so you know, hell's climate has been altered and we now experience snow. In fact, since there is no way the sun can reach us, UV lights have been installed throughout the underworld.

In all honesty, heaven does not match this as they still ride horses and all they do is sing all day. Remember, once you are in hell your sins no longer count. NO one dies and you and any of your friends or family members who are there will have a swell time together for eternity.

To view our brochure, close your eyes and go into deep meditation with "paradise" as your main focus. You will be able to connect and see our beautiful mansions available for sale and their prices.

See you in hell cheesy grin

PS: Don't forget to inform your friends and family of this great opportunity. There is room for everybody! smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:12am On Feb 02, 2017
hahn:

It is real o. You can contact me via PM to pay for your own plot. We have manyin hell cheesy grin

PS: Don't forget to inform your friends and family of this great opportunity. There is room for everybody! smiley
grinI'll pass. I'm Christian tongue
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:14am On Feb 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

nope

Christians believe atheists are hellbound

I'm an atheist
alright. But when I saw yer moniker I thought u wanted to own a an apartment building
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by hahn(m): 10:48am On Feb 02, 2017
DeepFriedPuff:
grinI'll pass. I'm Christian tongue

Enjoy spending an eternity of doom in heaven tongue
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Feb 02, 2017
hahn:

Enjoy spending an eternity of doom in heaven tongue
tongueu can come too
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by hahn(m): 2:50pm On Feb 02, 2017
DeepFriedPuff:
tongueu can come too

No thanks. I'll pass. Too much pain
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Feb 02, 2017
hahn:

lipsrsealed
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by hopefulLandlord: 11:26am On Feb 04, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
You want people to be ostracized, or worse okwia?

someone like Jonnydon22 said he's ready anytime
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by Ranchhoddas: 12:20pm On Feb 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

someone like Jonnydon22 said he's ready anytime
I see. Are you ready?
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by hopefulLandlord: 12:32pm On Feb 04, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
I see. Are you ready?
yes
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by Hond: 4:19pm On Feb 08, 2017
DeepFriedPuff:
grin u have a interesting username
Mmmmm ! do u want to suck his little dick ? You have nice name baby. Atheism is loosing out when it goes like this. Damn!
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by Hond: 4:22pm On Feb 08, 2017
hahn:

Ah Ha ! I knew it. Hahn must be helped to shed his coward ways. he prefer to hid behind a screen and trash innocent people. Coward, Coward Atheist as my Atheist father says. I agree !
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:29am On Feb 10, 2017
Hond:
Mmmmm ! do u want to suck his little dick ? You have nice name baby. Atheism is loosing out when it goes like this. Damn!
undecided
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by ScienceWatch: 7:29pm On Feb 17, 2017
Zoharariel:

Well, you maybe right. I do not know Prof. Douglas Anele and nobody knows whether he has Ifa or any other traditional orisha that he offers sacrifices to - for fortification.

Take Prof. Wole Soyinka for instance, he is a known atheist who has never shied away from proclaiming his atheistic views - yet he is an ardent worshipper of Ogun Lakaaye Oshimale. Infact, his email address is (eniogun@aol.com).

Eni Ogun in yoruba literarily means the one of Ogun.
You right ! Good point made.

According to traditional Yoruba belief, all power in the universe comes from a supreme being, Olodumare.

Olodumare, known as the owner of everlasting abundance, among many other praise names, holds all power and is the giver of all life. Olodumare is the mystical remote source of all things and is not identified by gender.

All that exists, including supernatural divine realities and natural earth realities, are part of Olodumare.

This surely conflicts with Atheists doctrines.

See this FRANK317
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by ScienceWatch: 7:43pm On Feb 17, 2017
SirWere:
The challenge is finding a Nigerian theist capable of arguing with reason devoid of the usual adhominems, red-herrings and strawmans you see bandied around here...

If you can find one, such a debate will be golden.
You should take into consideration the fact that a capable Theist would not waste precious time with a group that has proven, that they prefer attacking religions ancient doctrines, thousands of yrs old, but these same Atheists seem incapable of gathering religious evidence that is only 12 months old.

Atheists have the most advanced technology at their disposal today, but they seem afraid to use it to prove their point that there is no such thing as spirit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by ScienceWatch: 8:25pm On Feb 17, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
We've done lots of debates on the internet, we've won many and lost many, we've learnt a lot in the process, we've helped many deconvert, many have had their faith shaken and unstable due to our online activities

on one hand it fells good having to air opinions that would've been almost impossible to air

on another hand however is that we are restricting this to online debates and it doesn't look like it would progress to physical debates anytime soon

this is robbing us of OUR Christopher Hitchens, Matt Dillhaunty, Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins etc

yes it's hard, yes there are many who wouldn't wanna bear the risk of being known as atheist eg pastor's and deacon's children or those whose means of livelihood and/or Safety is connected to giving appearances; I'm not talking about such people

I'm talking those who can take the risk or those who don't see it as risk at all

getting a theist to engage wouldn't be that difficult cuz we know there's nothing to lose for them

could this be possible? oh yes

How long before it happens?

or has it been happening and I'm not aware?
I will attend your first Atheist Crusade if you can prove to me that the venue is filled/booked to at least 20% capacity. you should collect tithes, Crusades cost money !

You are right to be anxious, HOPEFULLANDLORD, about getting your Atheist crusade off the ground because your leaders are looking weak, Prof Christopher Hitchens, Matt Dillhaunty, Sam Harris and especially Prof Richard Dawkins. I trust you guys will do better than these failed Prophets of Atheism. I truly wonder why they cannot understand that their own very words and actions is what is destroying or to put it more aptly, has destroyed the Nigerian Atheists group and the advancement of the modern Atheists stated mission to destroy all religions.

The is a new guy called Day Vox, he really seriously dented the ambitions of Prof Christopher Hitchens, Sam Harris and especially Prof Richard Dawkins. He ate them for lunch ! He sent Richard Dawkins running to the emergency ward.

Dont make the same mistakes, regroup. I will see you at your crusade. Save the world, then destroy it !

Sipport the cause ; hardmirror, jonbellion, akintom, coolusername, sirwere, Hahn, johnnydon22, Lennycool, benzics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by hopefulLandlord: 4:07pm On Feb 23, 2017
ScienceWatch:
I will attend your first Atheist Crusade if you can prove to me that the venue is filled/booked to at least 20% capacity. you should collect tithes, Crusades cost money !

You are right to be anxious, HOPEFULLANDLORD, about getting your Atheist crusade off the ground because your leaders are looking weak, Prof Christopher Hitchens, Matt Dillhaunty, Sam Harris and especially Prof Richard Dawkins. I trust you guys will do better than these failed Prophets of Atheism. I truly wonder why they cannot understand that their own very words and actions is what is destroying or to put it more aptly, has destroyed the Nigerian Atheists group and the advancement of the modern Atheists stated mission to destroy all religions.

The is a new guy called Day Vox, he really seriously dented the ambitions of Prof Christopher Hitchens, Sam Harris and especially Prof Richard Dawkins. He ate them for lunch ! He sent Richard Dawkins running to the emergency ward.

Dont make the same mistakes, regroup. I will see you at your crusade. Save the world, then destroy it !

Sipport the cause ; hardmirror, jonbellion, akintom, coolusername, sirwere, Hahn, johnnydon22, Lennycool, benzics

*Facepalm
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by HardMirror(m): 7:50pm On Feb 23, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

*Facepalm
Nna ehn. The guy matter tire me. He mentions everyone even when his post is stupiid

1 Like

Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by Image123(m): 7:28pm On Feb 24, 2017
johnydon22:
I am sure there have been many of such but not in a grand scale...

I have being invited to such a debate and i debated that night, enjoyed every bit of it...

Anyway I'm game when ever theists and atheists here decide to organize a live debate...

Lol, that would be a mini crusade, would love it, the Spirit doesn't disappoint. Why do you look like you want to fight in the first picture. Why are atheists violence prone and always having rising bp when they meet their superiors?
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by hopefulLandlord: 7:59pm On Feb 24, 2017
Image123:

Lol, that would be a mini crusade, would love it, the Spirit doesn't disappoint. Why do you look like you want to fight in the first picture. Why are atheists violence prone and always having rising bp when they meet their superiors?

Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by johnydon22(m): 9:46pm On Feb 24, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

lol no be small thing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Islam Improves On Christianity? / Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free / Atheists, Christians, Muslims And Deists Are All Irrational People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.