Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,530 members, 7,958,624 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:57 PM

When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? (5170 Views)

AI (alien Intelligence) And The Question Of God - How Atheist & Theist Are Right / Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? / I Am No Longer A Theist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by HardMirror(m): 3:25pm On Mar 07, 2017
Image123:

Lol, that would be a mini crusade, would love it, the Spirit doesn't disappoint. Why do you look like you want to fight in the first picture. Why are atheists violence prone and always having rising bp when they meet their superiors?
Lol. Wetin u dey smoke. Actually the picture was not funny until I saw this comment.
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by superhumanist(m): 10:59am On May 30, 2018
This debate needs to happen
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by vaxx: 11:24am On May 30, 2018
You guys can make it happen. Do public annocement , ensure the location or avenue is secular due to the nature of your idealogy.

You can use use public university auditorium etc....you have never love what you propagate if you are scared of taken it to the open...... I will be glad to see it happen...

There are Muslim who do it . they are called acadip. I even have a friend as one of their member. This people do win a lot of Christian to their side whenever they open a public lecture. They have produce video and lot of books.....yet to see Christian too in this category and likewise traditionalist. I remember my secondary school, I use to debate my Christian and muslim friends after night prep from night till the morning. With our little experience then , we still make a meaningful contribution. What a good old days....

1 Like

Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by superhumanist(m): 1:54pm On May 30, 2018
vaxx:
You guys can make it happen. Do public annocement , ensure the location or avenue is secular due to the nature of your idealogy.

You can use use public university auditorium etc....you have never love what you propagate if you are scared of taken it to the open...... I will be glad to see it happen...

There are Muslim who do it . they are called acadip. I even have a friend as one of their member. This people do win a lot of Christian to their side whenever they open a public lecture. They have produce video and lot of books.....yet to see Christian too in this category and likewise traditionalist. I remember my secondary school, I use to debate my Christian and muslim friends after night prep from night till the morning. With our little experience then , we still make a meaningful contribution. What a good old days....

That is encouraging! Thanks

1 Like

Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by HardMirror(m): 2:21pm On May 30, 2018
Johnnydon22 has been doing that i guess
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by superhumanist(m): 3:24pm On May 30, 2018
HardMirror:

Pics or I dont believe
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by HardMirror(m): 3:33pm On May 30, 2018
superhumanist:

Pics or I dont believe
check the first page of this thread
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by superhumanist(m): 4:19pm On May 30, 2018
HardMirror:
check the first page of this thread

thanks bro! I stand corrected!
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by superhumanist(m): 5:07pm On May 30, 2018
HardMirror:

Johnydon22 how far? Any more debates?
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by johnydon22(m): 5:20pm On May 30, 2018
superhumanist:

Johnydon22 how far? Any more debates?

We could organize one.

I have not been debating for quite sometime now, was more focused on the financial aspect of my life before hunger finishes the son of man grin

But i am quite open for one any time.
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by superhumanist(m): 5:47pm On May 30, 2018
johnydon22:

We could organize one.

I have not been debating for quite sometime now, was more focused on the financial aspect of my life before hunger finishes the son of man grin

But i am quite open for one any time.

I understand. The economy is not easy.

I am happy to help in any way I can for the debate. Financially or otherwise.
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by johnydon22(m): 6:43pm On May 30, 2018
superhumanist:

I understand. The economy is not easy.

I am happy to help in any way I can for the debate. Financially or otherwise.

It will require detailed preparation and organization.. we'll require theists to be part of it too. You cannot debate yourself can you? grin

It doesn't have to stop on God existing or not, the debate can extend to broad topics subsequently like political, social, philosophical issues.
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by superhumanist(m): 7:06pm On May 30, 2018
johnydon22:

It will require detailed preparation and organization.. we'll require theists to be part of it too. You cannot debate yourself can you? grin

It doesn't have to stop on God existing or not, the debate can extend to broad topics subsequently like political, social, philosophical issues.

No wahala. I'm in.

Do you think butterflylion will show? I really want to see the madman behind that moniker grin grin grin lmao
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by dalaman: 7:17pm On May 30, 2018
superhumanist:

No wahala. I'm in.

Do you think butterflylion will show? I really want to see the madman behind that moniker grin grin grin lmao

grin grin.

Butterflylion once posted his picture that's hoping it's the real him and not a fake. You can't trust these guys after 4everGod posted the picture of an Indian man claiming he was the person.
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by superhumanist(m): 8:05pm On May 30, 2018
dalaman:

grin grin.

Butterflylion once posted his picture that's hoping it's the real him and not a fake. You can't trust these guys after 4everGod posted the picture of an Indian man claiming he was the person.

cheesy cheesy grin
lol....I still want to see the guy's face.
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by Heathen777(m): 10:39pm On May 30, 2018
That would be nice to see, maybe someone can shed some light and bring people out of Nigeria's web of religion cheesy
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by lilliesboy(m): 11:29pm On May 30, 2018
It was a great privilege and joy meeting Mr. Leo Igwe one-on-one today at the University of Ibadan, Nigeria. I could not quite believe he was the great Leo Igwe a lot of us have been hearing about both home and oversea - a global figure of "humanism" and human rights not just in Africa but the world at large. I mean, he looks "simple" and had a great sense of humour like Mr. Calistus Igwilo; one may never even believe he is a "PhD" (doctorate degree) holder and someone that has achieved great heights in different areas of life. That is how most great people are - they look simple to the point of making so many people they come in contact with them for the first time to underrate them but only to prove those same people wrong when they later get to know about their high-achieving profiles.

He was also quite surprised to meet and see that this Satanic boy often posting Satanic things on Facebook is actually "small" in size and look even simpler - a "small" Satan with simple looks. I guess we share some things in common. Anyway, we sat one-on-one alone, had a drink and great discussion for an hour in a serene and cool environment. He is an intelligent fellow - an atheist with a sense of humour, empathy and. It was a great time with Mr. Leo Igwe - co-founder/President of the "Humanist Association of Nigeria" (HAN) and renowned member of the "International Humanist and Ethical Union" (IHEU), e.t.c. We appeared to understand each other's views and experiences well. One thing about humanists (i.e. atheists, agnostics, deists, "Satanists," mystics, "Marxists" e.t.c) is that we UNDERSTAND each other's ordeals or feelings even before the other person clearly expresses them, and that is because we all experience these societal discriminations and persecutions from fanatically-deluded and hypocritical religionists in different ways despite our socioeconomic strata.

Sir, if you are reading this like I believe, I want to thank you for taking time to meet me one-on-one today at the University of Ibadan, taking me out to relax and discuss relevant issues affecting humanity especially in Nigeria, e.t.c. And thank you for "what" you gave me amongst other educational articles, I really appreciate even if it may look small or mean nothing to you. Believe it or not, sir: you and FEW others have just helped to COMPLETELY PAY my HUGE "M.SC school FEES" today from what you gave to me. I will NEVER forget you, Calistus and "FEW others" who have been of GREAT help and/or ENCOURAGEMENT to me at this point in time even when I did not have to "go on my knees" before you. You did not do it because there is a bloody "god" or allah in "the sky" who is going to "reward" you later (in the fucking Afterlife), but you all did it for GOODNESS SAKE - for the sake of HUMANITY. Thank you too my close childhood friend - Mr. Boubai Amaebi. You are truly a friend, and being friends since 1996 to date is not a joke.

Humanism shall continue to grow in Nigeria (Africa) and worldwide; (organized) religions with BLOOD-thirsty, DISCRIMINATORY, HYPOCRITICAL, and EXTORTIVE tendencies must not have much influence in our daily lives politically, educationally, socially, economically and/or psychologically! The struggle continues, Humanists worldwide must try to continue and remain in UNITY no matter what! Be your "sister/brother's" keeper according to your own ability and courage at all times!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Igwe
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by budaatum: 11:44am On May 31, 2018
lilliesboy:
It was a great privilege and joy meeting Mr. Leo Igwe

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Igwe

A Manifesto for a Skeptical Africa
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by superhumanist(m): 11:46am On Jun 10, 2018
johnydon22:

How far?

What can I do to support the debate?
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by Lamiri(m): 7:18pm On Aug 12, 2018
dalaman:

Channels will only air it when the theist defeats the athiest in the debate. If the atheist wins the debate will not be aired.
how about tvc the big issue
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by hopefulLandlord: 7:29pm On Aug 12, 2018
Lamiri:
how about tvc the big issue
You have a connection with the program creators?
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by Lamiri(m): 6:54pm On Aug 13, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

You have a connection with the program creators?
no boss but am just bringing a suggestion
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by Maamin(m): 9:16am On Aug 14, 2018
Whenever you Atheists are ready, we Theists will oblige you. Fear not in what you believe.
Re: When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria? by SisterFire(f): 5:20pm On Mar 03, 2021
hopefulLandlord:
We've done lots of debates on the internet, we've won many and lost many, we've learnt a lot in the process, we've helped many deconvert, many have had their faith shaken and unstable due to our online activities

on one hand it fells good having to air opinions that would've been almost impossible to air

on another hand however is that we are restricting this to online debates and it doesn't look like it would progress to physical debates anytime soon

this is robbing us of OUR Christopher Hitchens, Matt Dillhaunty, Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins etc

yes it's hard, yes there are many who wouldn't wanna bear the risk of being known as atheist eg pastor's and deacon's children or those whose means of livelihood and/or Safety is connected to giving appearances; I'm not talking about such people

I'm talking those who can take the risk or those who don't see it as risk at all

getting a theist to engage wouldn't be that difficult cuz we know there's nothing to lose for them

could this be possible? oh yes

How long before it happens?

or has it been happening and I'm not aware?
...that will be after 2070"s event

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bible Contradiction - Did God Create Man First Or Created Man And Woman Together / Does Allah Heal The Sick? / Benefits Of Paying Your Tithes And Offerings.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.