Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,190 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

Is Education Still Necessary In Nigeria?? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Education Still Necessary In Nigeria?? (598 Views)

Is Education Still Worth It? / Is Education Really The Key? / What Is Education In Nigeria? - 'oro Isiti' With Prof. Sophie Oluwole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Education Still Necessary In Nigeria?? by Marcelo290(m): 9:34pm On Jan 29, 2017
Good day all.. I had been a visitor to this forum for some years before I finally decided to open an account this year, and so this would be my first post.

Am currently an undergraduate in one of Nigeria's prestigious University. Going by what I had seen and been hearing, it is obvious and without doubts that there are no, or very few available jobs in Nigeria, and our tertiary institutions keeps bringing out thousands of graduates on yearly basis.

As Nigerians, our primary aim of going to school is to graduate, get something doing, and become self sufficient, (don't tell me knowledge cos we won't eat knowledge), buh with this current state of the Nigerian's economy, where most graduates even with good results can't find something doing after the sufferings one passes through in school, I get discouraged. A times when I open my books to read and begin to reflect on all these, I close them back and sit thinking.

Nowadays u see people with no educational qualifications doing well, while their other counterparts who studied tooth and nail are left with nofin. some even go as far as acquiring many degrees just to see if they can be fit buh all to no avail. This whole things has got me thinking, its even affecting my reading habit as the day goes by, little wonder some after graduating, go into entrepreneurship which they see as the last resort, I don't know if am the only one thinking about all these, what then is the need of going to school in Nigeria? I need advice, suggestions and contributions from both graduates, undergraduates and experienced people as this would go a long way in trying to solve some of our economic problems...
Re: Is Education Still Necessary In Nigeria?? by Paulpaulpaul(m): 9:48pm On Jan 29, 2017
Education is not just to get job but to think positively, help yourself and your society. Whenever you want to read and your mind drifts, try to solve a problem. Unemployment makes you think, fine. Drift into how the problem could be solved.

Once you have a catalyst and you are able to find a way out of the maze, then school becomes irrelevant; but till then face YOUR book.

Education is the cheapest thing in the world even those that don't need it get it.
Re: Is Education Still Necessary In Nigeria?? by basmur(m): 10:00pm On Jan 29, 2017
when do we change our perception to education... many things are attached to being educated such as schooling and having basic knowledge of our society...... lets stop the compulsion attached to education as means of livelihood and take it as means of personal empowering whereas if employement come through it, fine and if not. other options can dive into..

1 Like

Re: Is Education Still Necessary In Nigeria?? by Cletus77(m): 10:05pm On Jan 29, 2017
yeah... Those vagabonds up dere needs Education mostly so that things like true federalism can be vividly explained to them
Re: Is Education Still Necessary In Nigeria?? by RoyalBlak007: 10:11pm On Jan 29, 2017
why not

(1) (Reply)

2017/2018 Federal Government BEA Scholarship For Undergraduates Still Ongoing / JAMB Will Stop Use Of Scratch Card – Prof. Oloyede / Open Letter To Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.