Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,988 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Nail Biting: Read This If You're Addicted To Biting Your Nails. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nail Biting: Read This If You're Addicted To Biting Your Nails. (677 Views)

Woman Who Was Addicted To Drugs Shares New Photos. Checkout Her Transformation / I'm Addicted To Codeine , Weed, Tramadol And Many More / 4 Effects Of Nail Biting! Stop The Bad Habit Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nail Biting: Read This If You're Addicted To Biting Your Nails. by Olive64(m): 1:38am On Jan 30, 2017
Are you addicted to biting your nails? Do you want to stop that nail-biting habit of yours once and for all? Nail-biting, also known scientifically as Onychophagy or Onychophagia, is an oral compulsive habit many people develop right from childhood and it can potentially ruin the appearance of your fingers, could be unhygienic and can hurt pretty bad if you take it too far.
If you're reading this, my guess is that you didn't stumble upon this post by accident and you're probably addicted to biting your nails. I used to be a nail-biting addict myself so I understand that feeling you get when someone asks "what happened to your nails?" and you just stand there speechless not knowing how to respond. I even went as far as eating the skin around the nails. Imagine how my fingers looked?
Studies shows that 60% of children and 45% of teenagers bite their nails but the habit becomes less common after the age of 18. However, it may continue right into Adulthood. The worst part of it, which I'm sure you can relate to, is that you are not even aware that you're not even aware that you're biting your nails until you have have gone so deep and hurt yourself till you bleed. It could be while sitting through that very boring Lecture, watching a really cool horror movie, surfing the internet or just doing absolutely nothing. So why do people do it? Why do people get addicted to biting their nails?

Read more to find out the Causes Of Nail-Biting
http://www.sciencehealth24.com/2016/12/addicted-to-biting-your-nails.html

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

No Cure 4 Stretch Mark??? / Kill Stubborn Staphylococcus Infections / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.