Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,747 members, 7,955,851 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:06 PM

5 Reasons Why You Must Stop Comparing Yourself With Others - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Reasons Why You Must Stop Comparing Yourself With Others (703 Views)

5 Reasons Coronavirus Is Way Worse Than You’ve Been Led To Believe / Vagina Overheat : Why Women Must Stop Wearing Tight Cloths - Doctor / 10 Reasons You Must Stop Eating Instant noodles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why You Must Stop Comparing Yourself With Others by Calismart(m): 4:31pm On Jun 04, 2017
Why do you always compare yourself with others?

If you find yourself exhibiting this character, below are reasons why you have to stop.

COMPARISON STEALS YOUR JOY

I’m sure you’ve heard this saying a million times, but it’s very important to reiterate it.
Comparing yourself to others only makes your life difficult and brings you misery and pain.
Instead, try using others as motivation to work
harder and do better.

COMPARING YOURSELF WITH OTHERS HINDERS YOUR PROGRESS

If you spend your days comparing yourself to
other people’s achievements, you’ll never get anything accomplished. You must invest all your energy into pursuing your own dreams and
goals. Don’t waste your precious time on those of others.

YOU CAN’T PHYSICALLY CHANGE YOURSELF

You are you. You’ll always be you. You’ll never
be anyone else. And although it might be hard to believe for some of us, this is actually a
good thing. To explain why, here’s my favorite quote from author Jen Sincero:
There will never be anyone exactly like you. You
were given special gifts and talents to share
with the world, and even though everybody has
special gifts and talents, nobody will use theirs
quite the same way you do.
– Jen Sincero

So start believing in the value of your uniqueness!

NO ONE HAS A PERFECT LIFE

Stop comparing yourself because no one has a
perfect life No one has a perfect life.
Although you might think that a lot of people
are leading an amazing life with no down sides,
know that this isn’t true. Every single person on
this Earth experiences problems and challenges
throughout their lives. No one is exempt from
this. Some people are just better at keeping it
together, at least on the outside. So next time
you compare yourself to your friend or neighbor,
remember that you probably do not know every detail about their life.

SOMEONE WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER

I know this last point might seem a little harsh,
but it’s the reality. So the sooner you accept it,
the happier you’ll be. I remember, when I was
younger, I would cry my eyes out every time my
best friend got a better grade than me. So to
soothe me, my dad would say, “There will always be someone better than you at one point
in your life.” At first, I didn’t really understand
where he was going with it and frankly, it left
me with even more pain. But as I grew older, I
realized he was right. At some point in your life,
someone will beat you to whatever it is you’re
after. You can’t always win at everything in life.
All you have to do is work hard and try your best, and whatever is meant to be will fall into
place for you at the right moment.

http://www.storiesmagic.com/2017/06/reasons-why-you-should-stop-comparing.html?m=1

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Must Stop Comparing Yourself With Others by ShobayoEmma(m): 4:33pm On Jun 04, 2017
The only reason i can't compare myself with others is because we have different reasons, aims and priorities towards life.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Must Stop Comparing Yourself With Others by Calismart(m): 5:01pm On Jun 04, 2017
ShobayoEmma:
The only reason i can't compare myself with others is because we have different reasons, aims and priorities towards life.
good
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Must Stop Comparing Yourself With Others by samwise180(m): 5:11pm On Jun 04, 2017
From my point of view low self esteem sometimes makes you compare yourself with others
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Must Stop Comparing Yourself With Others by Calismart(m): 5:54pm On Jun 04, 2017
Seun,Lalasticlala
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Must Stop Comparing Yourself With Others by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:39pm On Jun 04, 2017
It is really unhealthy because the race of life is different for everybody and I mean "Everybody".... we all don't have the same finish line. wink

For instance, You cannot compare one man whose dream is a bungalow and another whose dream is a skyscraper.

They may both begin at same time in pursuit of the fulfillment of their dreams but truth is, The bungalow guy will finish his building (I.e. finish building his dream) on time compared to the skyscraper guy.

Also, the bungalow guy will be celebrated first because he has reached his peak, his apex and the zenith of his ambitions... But the skyscraper guy will only be celebrated much later when he does finishes his.

Different Finish lines.... this is the ultimate reason why comparison is so wrong. Aside our unique gifts and more... Our finish lines are way different.

Note: But do not mistake challenging yourself to surpass the greats or do more than or as much as people with success have done to mean comparison. It is great to challenge yourself with the success stories of others.... Let that be an extra source of motivation and inspiration to unleash your own star.

So... that's it folks...

Happy New Week Op... smiley
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Must Stop Comparing Yourself With Others by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 10:37pm On Jun 04, 2017
This post is indeed a timely one. Comparing yourself to others is indeed a waste of time. 98 percent of what you see on social media are just make believe. You are the reality. The time who you are in, the space you are occupying, your pain, your struggles, your circumstances,your victories are personal and unique. Learn to draw the lines between comparison and refusing to be a mediocrity.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Must Stop Comparing Yourself With Others by Nobody: 1:01am On Jun 05, 2017
Hopefully, as one grows older, the "peer pressure" and the need to be "accepted" both reduce.
At some point, a person needs to know that he/she is fearfully, wonderfully, and uniquely made....for a specific purpose..and be content with that.
Good write-up!

(1) (Reply)

6 Surprising Benefits Of Massage Therapy / My Daughter Saw Her First Period Today And She’s Been Crying – Nigerian Doctor / NMA And AMLSN Resolves To End Inter Professional Rivalry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.