Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

A Dollar Now N500 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Dollar Now N500 (19506 Views)

Naira Closes Higher At N363 To A Dollar / CBN Introduces New FOREX Rates, Dollar Now N360 For "Invisibles" / Naira Exchanges At Record-low, N510 A Dollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Dollar Now N500 by ogawisdom(m): 11:21am On Jan 30, 2017
1000 loading by DEC
Re: A Dollar Now N500 by ephi123(f): 11:21am On Jan 30, 2017
nbright:
Congrats to the dullard
Sarrki mynd44 ngeneukwenu omenka dropshot

you won't see those twats here, they are busy collecting their stipends.

4 Likes

Re: A Dollar Now N500 by Joyintwos(m): 11:22am On Jan 30, 2017
Brunel:
Can someone please tell me one campaign promise that has been fulfilled? One.
ONE MEAL PER DAY

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Dollar Now N500 by Bahddo(m): 11:23am On Jan 30, 2017
Fúck... Fúck... Fúck! Damnit!

Why exactly is the naira depreciating like this? I need to make some purchases and it looks like the prices would never come down again.

Fúck!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Dollar Now N500 by JennieCutie4U(f): 11:23am On Jan 30, 2017
shocked...oh lord have mercy! waaaaaaat oh lord I hope we can cope to d end of all these. no wonder things are now crazily expensive. I went to d market with 20k and I couldn't buy more than five reasonable things in d market, it couldn't fetch me all I needed at d moment unlike before. you can't even come bk from d market with little change in ur hand rather u even spend more than bargained!!! God help us ooooooo...#stillhopeful #Nigeriagobetter #ibelieve

1 Like

Re: A Dollar Now N500 by robosky02(m): 11:24am On Jan 30, 2017
truly CHANGE IS HERE grin

1 Like

Re: A Dollar Now N500 by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 30, 2017
darfay:
And in those days when the children of Nigeria rebelled against the lord they disapproved of his very elect Jonathan and the lord afflicted them with buhari who was three score and twelve years old. And in those days the suffering of the children of Nigeria increased greatly so much that they begin to seek the lord

The problem we have is simple. We are not earning enough dollars to buffer the naira.

The gej that you call God's elect .....oil prices were as high as 100 dollars per barrel. That is why naira was supposedly doing fine.

If oil goes up again, naira will get up again, and you will be praising PMB.

Look.... gej used high dollar inflows to keep the naira high. Buhari is just waiting for oil to rise again, while looking for new sources of dollar. Neither of both methods make a good economy.
Re: A Dollar Now N500 by sirusX(m): 11:25am On Jan 30, 2017
Una never see anything undecided

Even before the occupy 9ja protest people go dey battle hunger untop the voice dey wan use shout
Re: A Dollar Now N500 by Gkemz: 11:32am On Jan 30, 2017
Companies should boycott naira currency and start paying their employees in dollar, a stable currency since naira is always depreciating in value everyday.
Re: A Dollar Now N500 by Youthkingdom: 11:32am On Jan 30, 2017
That's how it will be when we reject someone who represent the son of God to embrace someone who represent a slave of God! All we need in Nigeria is the only Son of God"JESUS" and His followers not those Slaves generation because they will always cause hardship and other bad things,I know you guys can as well justify what SLAVE means #GodblessNigeria
Re: A Dollar Now N500 by chibuzorAbia: 11:34am On Jan 30, 2017
goldedprince:

na u collapse am?
this is good news for people that have good brain

Thank you jare.

Let Naira float and find its level. If the renegades from the East don't want to produce anything but engage in endless importation LET them go and source for their own dollar.

Simple. Those who want to engage in production will have access to dollar at a lower rate. Foolish people!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Dollar Now N500 by johnstar(m): 11:34am On Jan 30, 2017
All yahoo bois

Hustle hard

Patiently waiting for 1k per dolapo

I must buy houz for banana island
Re: A Dollar Now N500 by Bahddo(m): 11:34am On Jan 30, 2017
robosky02:
truly CHANGE IS HERE grin
I wonder why you are happy about it
Re: A Dollar Now N500 by dyangprof(m): 11:35am On Jan 30, 2017
GreenMavro:
angry angry

Do you know any graduate with 1st Class, 2.1 or 2.2 in any of the following fields -Geography,
Geology,
Geophysics,
Medicine,
Health Sciences,/Computer science,
Engineering Sciences,
Agriculture Sciences,
Geography Education,
Law,
Mass Communication,
Political Science or any Arts course?
Can the person speak English fluently?
Can they write well?
Do they have computer skills?
Okay please say hello to them for me.I just want to tell them dollar is now 500naira sad sad angry angry

hope u hav taken ya drugs today?

2 Likes

Re: A Dollar Now N500 by chibuzorAbia: 11:35am On Jan 30, 2017
Youthkingdom:
That's how it will be when we reject someone who represent the son of God to embrace someone who represent a slave of God! All we need in Nigeria is the only Son of God"JESUS" and His followers not those Slaves generation because they will always cause hardship and other bad things,I know you guys can as well justify what SLAVE means #GodblessNigeria

Shut up, ignorant Olodo. Your small brain is damn too small to process what is going on so keep your useless opinion to yourself.

3 Likes

Re: A Dollar Now N500 by prophetfire: 11:36am On Jan 30, 2017
Brunel:
To soak monkey and baboon with blood ala fulani herdsmen.
Re: A Dollar Now N500 by IVORY2009(m): 11:36am On Jan 30, 2017
snrman:
Is dollar your currency?

ur mumu don do:... shocked shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Dollar Now N500 by zinaunreal(m): 11:36am On Jan 30, 2017
Una dey here dey chill for a president already in heaven with 12 virgins dey laugh una

2 Likes

Re: A Dollar Now N500 by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 30, 2017
My fellow Nigerians, it is time to take your country back by fire of by force!!! Burn down these politicians houses and don't let them know peace!!!

1 Like

Re: A Dollar Now N500 by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 30, 2017
Gbam!....we'are almost getting there!
1000naira to a dollar loading........

Meanwhile, the redundant/FAILED cow-brain is still on january jamboree in uk!
Nig is a BAD JOKE!

2 Likes

Re: A Dollar Now N500 by Johnnyessence(m): 11:41am On Jan 30, 2017
it is even very clear that the dollar rate will reach 1000 naira in parallel market in this year. i have been shouting on inflation rate since.pmb is the worst hit president that increased inflation rate in Nigeria. corruption keep increasing, poverty keep increasing while d rich keep getting money into their pocket through dubious means.

1 Like

Re: A Dollar Now N500 by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 30, 2017
Brunel:
change! Things have changed
Brunel:
change! Things have changed smiley
A MINUTE SILENCE! grin cry cry

The state of Nigeria now is simply belly-turning!
Check the site on my signature!

Re: A Dollar Now N500 by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 30, 2017
Lobatan.
Re: A Dollar Now N500 by Reference(m): 11:45am On Jan 30, 2017
9jakohai:

The problem we have is simple. We are not earning enough dollars to buffer the naira.

The gej that you call God's elect .....oil prices were as high as 100 dollars per barrel. That is why naira was supposedly doing fine.

If oil goes up again, naira will get up again, and you will be praising PMB.

Look.... gej used high dollar inflows to keep the naira high. Buhari is just waiting for oil to rise again, while looking for new sources of dollar. Neither of both methods make a good economy.

You are either dishonest or ignorant.
What kept the naira stable during those times was FDI. What distablilizes the currency now is the opposite. Lack of FDI and reverse investment.... disinvestment..... people converting their naira to dollars and leaving the country due to lack of confidence in the government's direction and ability to reverse the trend. Brother, even Nigerian salary earners and businessmen are converting their earnings to dollars to hedge against inflation/devaluation. The naira component of my earnings is down to 48%, just for operational expenses and if this trend of misgovernance continues I cannot see myself holding more than 15% in naira in my wallet by year's end.

Oil prices were lower than this for most of OBJ's tenure and even lower during the Abdulsalami time when even our external reserves went down to 9 billion dollars I think. So it has little to do with oil comparatively. Any way how do you explain the marginal increase in our foreign reserves since late last hear with the declining dollar. Normally when your reserves increase your currency should stabilise but the naira is not because there is more cash outside CBN control than within its control and this cash reacts to the wider economy. OBJ and later Yaradua then Jonathan were able to raise additional dollars through FDI which peaked in 2014/15. All that is gone.

In a nutshell, the government is talking but the people who matter (both foreigners and Nigerians) are not buying their policies and are voting with their wallets. The people are the reality of any country, just like the stock market or any market is the reality of any economy and they are saying loud and clear, 'we have no confidence in the ability of government to repair the economy'.

I could remember a year and a half ago when International Financial institutions warned about the impending calamity and they were rudely rebuffed by hallucinating fans of 'change'. These are the peoples with the monies that kept us stable in unstable oil price regime but we abused them. Funny enough when we talk about diversifying the economy FDI is one area. Diversification does not absolutely mean manufacture this or that. It also means having a second stream of income just like doing a second job to make ends meet when your first job is unstable. You may be a doctor driving a cab or a lawyer running a supermarket. How you earn the income does not matter but earn it. What we were doing was abusing our foreign customers and we have lost out.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Dollar Now N500 by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 30, 2017
I don't get it sad

Re: A Dollar Now N500 by STENON(f): 11:46am On Jan 30, 2017
We are getting there...
Re: A Dollar Now N500 by robosky02(m): 11:53am On Jan 30, 2017
Bahddo:
I wonder why you are happy about it

this government just achieved what no other government has done this independence grin
Re: A Dollar Now N500 by Pamelayoung: 11:53am On Jan 30, 2017
flyca:
Na lie! Na only ipods and Nnamdi Kanu's sympathizers will buy it for that amount.

Here in Daura, its sold for 170. I bought it this morning tongue

Can you buy for me
Re: A Dollar Now N500 by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 30, 2017
2tek:
MMM is paying people now. Hope you aware. Since the FG refused to help us, lets help ourselves.
Yes oooo

1 Like

Re: A Dollar Now N500 by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 30, 2017
the funniest thing some people buy dollar at lower rate and sell it at high price

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nationwide Implementation Of The Cashless Policy. Is This Fair On Nigerians? / Pos Transaction Problem / Ifeanyi Ubah Is A Fraudster – Cosmas Maduka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.