Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Brother Joshua Iginla, The Truth Behind The Lies. Part 1 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Brother Joshua Iginla, The Truth Behind The Lies. Part 1 (752 Views)

2019 Election: Prophet Joshua Iginla Issues Fresh Prophetic Warning! / Brother Joshua Iginla: The Truth Behind The Lies. Part 2 / 2017 Prophecies By Pastor Joshua Iginla (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brother Joshua Iginla, The Truth Behind The Lies. Part 1 by OgbeniSamm(m): 12:41pm On Jan 30, 2017
It started on a weekend in the month of September, 2016. I was surfing the Internet 'jejely' when I came across this news about a man of God who gives out gifts ranging from cars, cash and houses to prominent nigerians in the entertainment industry whenever he is celebrating his birthday or church anniversary. So I was like 'choi! In this recession? People get money o!'. But then again, I wondered why would this wealthy people be sharing the 'meat' among themselves? Why prominent actors and actresses? Why not the less priviledged, the poor citizens? All these questions were running in my mind begging for answers until this fateful day towards the end of that same month when I bumped into another headline again. This time around it was about how this pastor dashed out cars and cash to several church members during a particular church event. Consequently, I became more interested in this man and immediately I switched to Google to know who exactly is Iginla. To cut a long story short, I read about how he started his ministry in a rented one room apartment in Abuja. How he prayed for a dead man who then came back to life in the early years of his ministry, how he started humbly by sweeping churches in Ibadan, how he grew up in the Army barracks, how he's giving out scholarships, and that he is from Ado Ekiti in Ekiti state.
His story was captivating so I began to pay close attention to talks and news about him. By the end of October, I'd seen about 4 to 5 more headlines about his philantropic and deliverance stunts in his Abuja church and other organised outings.
'He is occultic!'.
'He is diabolical!!'
'He is T.B Joshua's initiate!!' 'He steals people destinies and take their stars!', the more I read/enquired about him the more I came across comments like the ones above.
To satisfy my own curiosity, I decided to travel to Abuja to see for myself (me sef be Amebo sha! LoLz!). I planned my excursion and I decided to embark on my adventure after the new year celebration. What exactly was the mission? I, initially, was taking the risk of traveling from O.A.U Ife to Lagos and then to Kubwa, Abuja. Subsequently, the mission got clearer; it was to go have a first-hand experience, and witness events personally so as to be able to contribute effectively and convince myself and commentators (Internet gangsters) that he's fake or he is real.
I was preparing amidst excitement and at the same time, I was scared of naija bad roads because I was going by bus. As December 25 was approaching; ladies and gentlemen, another news filtered in, Pastor Joshua Iginla had just given out a well furnished house to a single mother septugenarian and widow in a small African country. What followed? Many commentators condemned him. 'What was that for?' He should have showed that gesture in Nigeria, knowing we are in recession'. 'It is publicity stunt and not from the heart' e.t.c.. Amidst all that, there were also other comments in support of 'Ororo' as he's fondly called by his thousands of followers. After the dull festivities (due to the economic recession and the Southern Kaduna religious and ethnic genocide), I embarked on my adventure.
The long journey to Abuja was on January 13, 2017. I got to the Iyana-Ipaja motorpark at about 10:15 a.m; I was the third passenger. I paid the t.fare of 6,500 naira. Na wa o! After hours of waiting, the bus moved at exactly 12:13 p.m.....

.....PART 2 LOADING!

gboyega05@gmail.com
Re: Brother Joshua Iginla, The Truth Behind The Lies. Part 1 by crestedaguiyi: 12:44pm On Jan 30, 2017
pull him down syndrome in exhibition
Re: Brother Joshua Iginla, The Truth Behind The Lies. Part 1 by OgbeniSamm(m): 12:55pm On Jan 30, 2017
crestedaguiyi:
pull him down syndrome in exhibition

did u read the post at all? Does it appear destructive to u?
Re: Brother Joshua Iginla, The Truth Behind The Lies. Part 1 by crestedaguiyi: 1:01pm On Jan 30, 2017
OgbeniSamm:

did u read the post at all? Does it appear destructive to u?

when u say a man of God is pulling stunt, did you bother to know the meaning of the word or you just used it.

is he a comedian or film actor
Re: Brother Joshua Iginla, The Truth Behind The Lies. Part 1 by OgbeniSamm(m): 1:10pm On Jan 30, 2017
crestedaguiyi:

when u say a man of God is pulling stunt, did you bother to know the meaning of the word or you just used it.

is he a comedian or film actor

stunt: an exciting action...usually done by someone skilled.-Oxford dictionary.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram,islam And The Muslims / Why Are Or Aren't You Religious? / What Next After Ramadan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.