Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

See The Message I Received From A Buyer On Fiverr That Noticed I Am In Nigeria - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / See The Message I Received From A Buyer On Fiverr That Noticed I Am In Nigeria (1552 Views)

How I Received $150 Loyalty Reward Bonus From Payoneer / How Do You Verify Your Account On Fiverr? / Who Else Have Noticed That Some Sites Don't Open On Chrome? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Message I Received From A Buyer On Fiverr That Noticed I Am In Nigeria by gentlejay007(m): 4:56pm On Jan 31, 2017
Nigeria has a bad reputation in overseas countries due to cyber crimes. Honestly! I got a $65 order on fiverr and I tried to login the client's Facebook account to carry out the task, and meanwhile I run a USA based fiverr account, but my location was revealed as I wasn't allowed to login the account. The buyer messaged me an hour later and I lied to him that I am an American that has been in Nigeria since the holidays. The buyer said he doesn't even want any conversation with anyone in Nigeria. He asked me to just don't bother to refund grin that I should just end the gig and hold the money. Imagine.. It seems he was once a victim of cyber Crime in Nigeria. maybe he has been scammed before. But yahoo boys why na?

Cc Slyr0x
adewasco2k

Re: See The Message I Received From A Buyer On Fiverr That Noticed I Am In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 31, 2017
If I was you, I will proceed with whatever the client paid for but you are not me and I am not you so ......
Re: See The Message I Received From A Buyer On Fiverr That Noticed I Am In Nigeria by gentlejay007(m): 5:03pm On Jan 31, 2017
Dreamwaker:
If I was you, I will proceed with whatever the client paid for but you are not me and I am not you so ......

He set his Facebook account on security check so it detected my location as I was asked to identify myself before logging it. The client was probably alerted that someone has tried to login from Nigeria grin
The baba come para for Nigeria sha
Re: See The Message I Received From A Buyer On Fiverr That Noticed I Am In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 31, 2017
gentlejay007:

He set his Facebook account on security check so it detected my location as I was asked to identify myself before logging it. The client was probably alerted that someone has tried to login from Nigeria grin
The baba come para for Nigeria sha

Oga did you try to log into his fb account?
Re: See The Message I Received From A Buyer On Fiverr That Noticed I Am In Nigeria by elantraceey(f): 5:18pm On Jan 31, 2017
You can't blame him much , even we that are Nigerians are even very careful when it comes to doing business with anyone here, I guess he has been duped before.
Re: See The Message I Received From A Buyer On Fiverr That Noticed I Am In Nigeria by smartanthony5: 5:19pm On Jan 31, 2017
ok.u think its in 70s when u can just defraud a white man and go free...now even the white men dey chop pigin english like suya.u get luck him be good person.go try another person.
Re: See The Message I Received From A Buyer On Fiverr That Noticed I Am In Nigeria by gentlejay007(m): 5:21pm On Jan 31, 2017
Dreamwaker:

Oga did you try to log into his fb account?

Yeah. My job was to manage his facebook page
Re: See The Message I Received From A Buyer On Fiverr That Noticed I Am In Nigeria by gentlejay007(m): 5:23pm On Jan 31, 2017
smartanthony5:
ok.u think its in 70s when u can just defraud a white man and go free...now even the white men dey chop pigin english like suya.u get luck him be good person.go try another person.

I was not trying to scam him o. I was to work on his Facebook page to manage the page for him legitimately
Re: See The Message I Received From A Buyer On Fiverr That Noticed I Am In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jan 31, 2017
gentlejay007:

Yeah. My job was to manage his facebook page

Oh for real? Company page or personal? How do you guys come up with these jobs.

For future reference, Americans don't say " I'm based in Ohio". They say something like "I'm from Ohio" or " I live in.."
Re: See The Message I Received From A Buyer On Fiverr That Noticed I Am In Nigeria by gentlejay007(m): 5:32pm On Jan 31, 2017
Dreamwaker:

Oh for real? Company page or personal? How do you guys come up with these jobs.

For future reference, Americans don't say " I'm based in Ohio". They say something like "I'm from Ohio" or " I live in.."

OK. Noted! Thanks
I got the job on fiverr
Re: See The Message I Received From A Buyer On Fiverr That Noticed I Am In Nigeria by smartanthony5: 5:52pm On Jan 31, 2017
gentlejay007:

I was not trying to scam him o. I was to work on his Facebook page to manage the page for him legitimately
with his permission
Re: See The Message I Received From A Buyer On Fiverr That Noticed I Am In Nigeria by gentlejay007(m): 5:55pm On Jan 31, 2017
smartanthony5:

with his permission

Yeah. He gave me his login details
Re: See The Message I Received From A Buyer On Fiverr That Noticed I Am In Nigeria by smartanthony5: 6:02pm On Jan 31, 2017
gentlejay007:

Yeah. He gave me his login details
according to what he said.i dont want to communicate with anybody in nigeria.he notice u were a nigerian.that is our reputation abroad.God help.

1 Like

Re: See The Message I Received From A Buyer On Fiverr That Noticed I Am In Nigeria by fattbabakay(m): 6:56pm On Jan 31, 2017
Lol, see one shanse grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: See The Message I Received From A Buyer On Fiverr That Noticed I Am In Nigeria by food4otukotu(m): 1:30am On Feb 01, 2017
how do u open ur usa fiverr account here in nigeria.... which vpn did u used
Re: See The Message I Received From A Buyer On Fiverr That Noticed I Am In Nigeria by gentlejay007(m): 5:00am On Feb 01, 2017
food4otukotu:
how do u open ur usa fiverr account here in nigeria.... which vpn did u used

Download an IP changer
Hotspot shield for PC
Re: See The Message I Received From A Buyer On Fiverr That Noticed I Am In Nigeria by resultcase(m): 6:37am On Feb 01, 2017
That was careless of u.

U manage a USA fiverr Acct, got a job to manage a USA Facebook Page... nd u carelessly used ur glo network to login... Facebook no be Mumu na.

BTW, u don't need his login credentials to manage a page for him, he could have added u as one of d page admins. So I guess u both got it wrong there.

No one jokes with security nowadays, I'll never give my fb login details to any oyinbo too.

2 Likes

Re: See The Message I Received From A Buyer On Fiverr That Noticed I Am In Nigeria by gentlejay007(m): 7:09am On Feb 01, 2017
resultcase:
That was careless of u.

U manage a USA fiverr Acct, got a job to manage a USA Facebook Page... nd u carelessly used ur glo network to login... Facebook no be Mumu na.

BTW, u don't need his login credentials to manage a page for him, he could have added u as one of d page admins. So I guess u both got it wrong there.

No one jokes with security nowadays, I'll never give my fb login details to any oyinbo too.

I think next time, I will ask they make me an admin
Re: See The Message I Received From A Buyer On Fiverr That Noticed I Am In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:06pm On Feb 01, 2017
Good
gentlejay007:

I think next time, I will ask they make me an admin
Re: See The Message I Received From A Buyer On Fiverr That Noticed I Am In Nigeria by arak4love(m): 11:13pm On Feb 01, 2017
gentlejay007:
Nigeria has a bad reputation in overseas countries due to cyber crimes. Honestly! I got a $65 order on fiverr and I tried to login the client's Facebook account to carry out the task, and meanwhile I run a USA based fiverr account, but my location was revealed as I wasn't allowed to login the account. The buyer messaged me an hour later and I lied to him that I am an American that has been in Nigeria since the holidays. The buyer said he doesn't even want any conversation with anyone in Nigeria. He asked me to just don't bother to refund grin that I should just end the gig and hold the money. Imagine.. It seems he was once a victim of cyber Crime in Nigeria. maybe he has been scammed before. But yahoo boys why na?

Cc Slyr0x
adewasco2k

I wouldn't want to say you are dense.How can you deal in such a transaction and not change your ip. Guy you need more training...You dey vex me..I have been using America and no issues on fiverr...Get off i dey vex for you..You spoil market with your ignorance

1 Like

Re: See The Message I Received From A Buyer On Fiverr That Noticed I Am In Nigeria by gentlejay007(m): 11:06am On Feb 02, 2017
arak4love:

I wouldn't want to say you are dense.How can you deal in such a transaction and not change your ip. Guy you need more training...You dey vex me..I have been using America and no issues on fiverr...Get off i dey vex for you..You spoil market with your ignorance

Bros.. wetin na? Can't human beings make mistakes and learn from ignorance I am human,and I made a mistake, now corrected myself towards future shortcomings like that.

(1) (Reply)

Whatsapp Unsend Feature: Check It Out / Facebook Groups For Sale @ Cheap Rate / Real Estate Website For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.