Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,452 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

Professor Adetoye Apologises To 2face 2baba Idibia - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Professor Adetoye Apologises To 2face 2baba Idibia (32438 Views)

Anita Adetoye Weds Emmanuel Ikubese (Photos) / Emmanuel Ikubese And Anita Brows Adetoye Wedding Introduction Pictures / Professor Akindele Adetoye Blasts 2face Over Protest: "You Bloody illiterate" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Professor Adetoye Apologises To 2face 2baba Idibia by phylp: 10:56pm On Jan 31, 2017
Prof. Akindele Adetoye has apologised to 2Baba, for describing the megastar as “illiterate”. The backlash that greeted the professor’s comment was unprecedented.

In his apology, Akintoye had written, “Good day brethren, I put up an update yesterday that incurred the wrath of some of my friends and the population at large for what some considered its harshness to another member of the Nigerian community.

“In hindsight, I believe I was indeed harsh. I believe I am wrong to have come at him in the manner in which I did. He’s in love with our nation like I am and like the rest of us.

“It was in finding a lasting remedy to our national malaise that I believe my passion took the best of me, and it was in that regard that I erred.

“I apologize for that and I apologize to those whom my update affected in any manner. I was wrong and I am sorry.

“Thank you and God bless you all.”

Here’s the screenshot of the apology as grabbed from Adetoye’s Facebook wall:

http://punchng.com/prof-adetoye-apologises-2baba/amp/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor Adetoye Apologises To 2face 2baba Idibia by Penisman: 11:18pm On Jan 31, 2017
The damage has been done already...Apology too late...

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Professor Adetoye Apologises To 2face 2baba Idibia by Scream(m): 11:28pm On Jan 31, 2017
Who now acted as an illiterate?

A professor?! It took those that have brains in their heads to lecture you on how F0olish you were..Na wa ooo

277 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Professor Adetoye Apologises To 2face 2baba Idibia by emerged01(m): 11:29pm On Jan 31, 2017
All these profs self

7 Likes

Re: Professor Adetoye Apologises To 2face 2baba Idibia by Flexherbal(m): 11:42pm On Jan 31, 2017
Penisman:
The damage has been done already...Apology too late...

It is good he rendered it!

65 Likes

Re: Professor Adetoye Apologises To 2face 2baba Idibia by dapsoneh: 11:47pm On Jan 31, 2017
Damage control, the deed has been done anyway

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor Adetoye Apologises To 2face 2baba Idibia by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jan 31, 2017
He acted before thinking - idiotic of him.
Though,it's good he's manned up and apologised.

Patiently waiting for 5th of Fakebuari. I can't wait to protest.

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Professor Adetoye Apologises To 2face 2baba Idibia by fiercehillz(m): 12:58am On Feb 01, 2017
I am happy because 2baba is the celebrity involved. This guy has seen it all in life, from criticism, rising, falling to resurrection. No other celebrity in Nigeria can absorb such shocks n still remain relevant. So I am not surprised because I have been waiting for him to pull this stunt since 2012. This dude has evolved beyond the status of an artist or celebrity to that of a culture...yeah I said "culture". If 2baba could come through successfully come Feb 5th, his way of life, art, sportsmanship and diplomacy would definitely be studied in class rooms. Ask his non-jealous colleagues and they will confirm it.

#istandwith2baba

204 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Professor Adetoye Apologises To 2face 2baba Idibia by fiercehillz(m): 1:06am On Feb 01, 2017
Prof. To be civilized you don't need to be educated...2baba (spiritual healing - 2012)

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Professor Adetoye Apologises To 2face 2baba Idibia by devilson(m): 1:28am On Feb 01, 2017
stupid professor who is now the illiterate between u nd him.if tuface can pull that protest he would forever be remembered like fela.

istandwithtuface.

sarrki come nd see professor yaff apologise,tell lai mohammed he has failed cause we patriotic Nigeria support tuface

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Professor Adetoye Apologises To 2face 2baba Idibia by devilson(m): 1:28am On Feb 01, 2017
stupid professor who is now the illiterate between u nd him.if tuface can pull that protest he would forever be remembered like fela.

istandwithtuface.

sarrki come nd see professor yaff apologise,tell lai mohammed he has failed cause we patriotic Nigeria support tuface.

6 Likes

Re: Professor Adetoye Apologises To 2face 2baba Idibia by Nobody: 2:51am On Feb 01, 2017
At least now we know he exists.

6 Likes

Re: Professor Adetoye Apologises To 2face 2baba Idibia by Gwan2(m): 4:23am On Feb 01, 2017
Silence sincerely is golden. It is a virtue, put in more effort to learn it.
Silence reawaken an antagonist subconscious and makes him more analytical and opened minded.
Silence speaks much more than words... The only reason this professor had a rethink was because tuface dint engaged him in an altercation.
The only reason blackface might be bitter with tuface till death is coz of silence on all his affront.
The multiple award-winning artist had mastered the art of reciprocating insults with silence which is one of the reason he is still relevant.

152 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Professor Adetoye Apologises To 2face 2baba Idibia by AnyibestDede(m): 5:46am On Feb 01, 2017
Prof. U see ur life? U were fast to call 2baba all sorts of names just bcus he wants to lead in a protest but u hv never see anything wrong in ur illiterate president modelling frm one country to the other taking pictures. Pls between 2baba and pmb who get sense past Yeye man

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor Adetoye Apologises To 2face 2baba Idibia by ogawisdom(m): 6:50am On Feb 01, 2017
This Prof dude is mad or maybe on some cheap weed

7 Likes

Re: Professor Adetoye Apologises To 2face 2baba Idibia by Realhommie(m): 7:04am On Feb 01, 2017
fiercehillz:
Prof. To be civilized you don't need to be educated...2baba (spiritual healing - 2012)
You're right on point, the Prof failed to realize that.

11 Likes

Re: Professor Adetoye Apologises To 2face 2baba Idibia by Realhommie(m): 7:13am On Feb 01, 2017
Gwan2:
Silence sincerely is golden. It is a virtue, put in more effort to learn it.
Silence reawaken an antagonist subconscious and makes him more analytical and opened minded.
Silence speaks much more than words... The only reason this professor had a rethink was because tuface dint engaged him in an altercation.
The only reason blackface might be bitter with tuface till death is coz of silence on all his affront.
The multiple award-winning artist had mastered the art of reciprocating insults with silence which is one of the reason he is still relevant.
Your last statement, very true. He is also a very humble guy inspite of his achievements and status, the guy is humility personified. Humility isn't a choice, it's a lifestyle and 2Baba lives it. Got mad love for him.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Professor Adetoye Apologises To 2face 2baba Idibia by Geonigga(m): 7:15am On Feb 01, 2017
Hmm.
Re: Professor Adetoye Apologises To 2face 2baba Idibia by edlion57(m): 7:15am On Feb 01, 2017
Wailer's form don finish ....tell him new members will b accepted after 2019

5 Likes

Re: Professor Adetoye Apologises To 2face 2baba Idibia by hardywaltz(m): 7:16am On Feb 01, 2017
Why naa
Is he not an illiterate

1 Like

Re: Professor Adetoye Apologises To 2face 2baba Idibia by Christane: 7:16am On Feb 01, 2017
i dnt understand why evribody z calln 2baba an illitrate z it becus he didnt finish z university education?? one thng i knw z dat he do finish z primary n secondary sch education so 4 dat alone z a litrate ...na him cus am sha ..na hm take am sing say hm no finish sch ..cum b lyk say na even primary sch hm no finish ..

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Professor Adetoye Apologises To 2face 2baba Idibia by nightingalee: 7:16am On Feb 01, 2017
... No hard feeling! Welcome on board.

2 Likes

Re: Professor Adetoye Apologises To 2face 2baba Idibia by Jerryojozy(m): 7:16am On Feb 01, 2017
The Prof acted before thinking.

8 Likes

Re: Professor Adetoye Apologises To 2face 2baba Idibia by Firefire(m): 7:16am On Feb 01, 2017
Another APC ediot... undecided

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Professor Adetoye Apologises To 2face 2baba Idibia by lovingyouhun: 7:16am On Feb 01, 2017
Good for you! Yeye prof!!!

6 Likes

Re: Professor Adetoye Apologises To 2face 2baba Idibia by obembet(f): 7:17am On Feb 01, 2017
A professor that cannot differentiate between civil disobedience and personal life is that one a professor?

Keep your apology to your self

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor Adetoye Apologises To 2face 2baba Idibia by information1: 7:17am On Feb 01, 2017
.... Good!!! ...

Fayose would even support our protest..
http://talkgeria.com/topic/is-fasting-good-or-bad-punchng/

2 Likes

Re: Professor Adetoye Apologises To 2face 2baba Idibia by salabscholar01(m): 7:17am On Feb 01, 2017
attempting to prevent Tuface from protesting is same as trying to preventing a tadpole from becoming a frog. smiley

look at this closely;

definition.. protest.."an expression or declaration of objection, disapproval, or dissent, often in opposition to something a person is powerless to prevent or avoid"_____thesaurus.com

the key word here is powerless
to prevent.

e.g Hunger, Lack of power supply, killings, and what have you. The definition does not include family, personal and ancestral history, or related of the same, over whom is to protest. It is a right of every individual to protest for his/her liberty without others taking undue advantage of his/her statues or stations in life.

I am a Buhari's supporter but I cannot say or will ever say that Idibia is not qualify to protest over what he is powerless to prevent and which are under the care of a particular leader whom he looks up to.

In our families, for example, we had one time or the other protested for foods, money etc from our parents. those are the times when we were powerless and can't earn on own as a children. We protested just to have a little control to fix things up. most times we protest ideas from our parents too in order to drive our personal lives to fullness.

I respect this prof the more for dropping aside his personal ego and had value the relationship between him and other patriotic Nigerians who could not support his ideas.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Professor Adetoye Apologises To 2face 2baba Idibia by johnstar(m): 7:18am On Feb 01, 2017
Afonjas self

After u don disgrace urself for public, u come dey apologise?

Thunder fire u der

Wt of dat second lecturer?

Him self go apologise?

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Professor Adetoye Apologises To 2face 2baba Idibia by Nobody: 7:18am On Feb 01, 2017
Useless professor, keep your belated apology , we don't need it.
With all your professorship, truth is that an "illiterate' TuFace has given you more fame in two days than you could have ever dreamt of in a lifetime.
Another truth is that with all the books you have read, an 'illiterate' TuFace has impacted more lives and is a more powerful voice than you ever would dream of.
Just like the typical western Nigerian person, you think life starts and ends with books. Shior!

49 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eniola Badmus At Olamide's Live In Concert 2015 (Photo) / Photos From The Funeral Ceremony Of Singer, Nomoreloss / Davido And Wizkid Perform Manya At #30BillionConcert (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.