Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) (50566 Views)

Florence Mosunmola Otedola Change Of Name On Newspaper That Got People Talking / Husband Chases Out His Wife And Daughter Over Inability To Have Male Child. PICS / Nigerian Woman Disowns Her 53-year-old Son Through Newspaper Advert. Photo (2) (3) (4)

Re: Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) by IBreakRules: 3:23pm On Feb 01, 2017
Christane:
one of 2 things must av happened in dz situation
1)mayb d father hate d child nd does nt c anythng gud in d child despite d child trying to pls hm and proofing dat z nt wat d father tinks he z or
2)or the child z so bad dat d father jst want to get rid of hm by al means ..mayb d child do disgrace hm daily by fighting,smoking and above al stealing wch z d height of al crime except of murder ...may God grant dem peace and settle dem both

what is this one saying

Re: Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) by giftedheart1(m): 3:32pm On Feb 01, 2017
maryjan8:
are u in Ekpoma?
Re: Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 01, 2017
It's fascinating how Africans accept and believe DNA paternity tests, however if you told them that we share the same ancestor with Chimpanzees (as is evident from our DNA resemblance with Chimps) they wouldn't accept...smh

Re: Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) by Christane: 3:53pm On Feb 01, 2017
ask ur fada .
Re: Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) by olorius1(m): 4:01pm On Feb 01, 2017
He must have had his reasons...
Re: Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) by Tominiola: 4:05pm On Feb 01, 2017
Na wa o. Lmao is it that deep?
Re: Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) by Emday(m): 4:07pm On Feb 01, 2017
I'm from Osun State, Ilesa to be precise.
The man's name is quite familiar. And if he's the person I have in mind, He's definitely wealthy enough to spend a mere 400k on advert. I think the lady is probably trying to blackmail him. If you read in between the lines, somewhere he said DOWRY WAS COLLECTED in HIS NAME. If you have a name and reputation to protect, I'm sure you will dissociate yourself from anything that will drag your name in the mud

Re: Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) by dsocioemmy(m): 4:09pm On Feb 01, 2017
Imagine the agony that led to this. see money o. For this recession??
Re: Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) by yabatown: 4:28pm On Feb 01, 2017
These people have seriously angered this man

Re: Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 01, 2017
panpan:
According to the Public Notice, the man did not "disown" his child. He simply declared that he is not the biological father of the child, with a forensic science report to support his statement.
ok! infidelity. All these women self
Re: Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 01, 2017
Kindly read the second paragragh properly.

I think the young lady got married without her father's consent.

That is a great insult to any man. Hence, the disowning of the child and mother as his family members.

I maybe wrong though.

Re: Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) by logica(m): 4:51pm On Feb 01, 2017
Dilish007:

That is a great insult to any man. Hence, the disowning of the child and mother as his family members.

I maybe wrong though.
You skipped the first paragraph and focused on the second; and then wonder if you are wrong?

Re: Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) by Nobody: 5:06pm On Feb 01, 2017
logica:
You skipped the first paragraph and focused on the second; and then wonder if you are wrong?

Point taken.

The lady isn't his child, although there had claims by her mother that he is the father of the child. That prompted the reason for a DNA test. The test cleared the man of the allegation. The lady and her mother, years later still went ahead to contract a traditional marriage in his name without his consent. Hence the need for a public denouncement.

Re: Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) by logica(m): 5:11pm On Feb 01, 2017
Dilish007:

Point taken.

The lady isn't his child, although there had claims by her mother that he is the father of the child. That prompted the reason for a DNA test. The test cleared the man of the allegation. The lady and her mother, years later still went ahead to contract a traditional marriage in his name without his consent. Hence the need for a public denouncement.
Aha. Only that you missed the point of the second paragraph: dowry (and maybe other funds) were collected in the name of the purported father. That is a case of fraud; prompting the man to distance himself.

Re: Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) by Psoul(m): 5:17pm On Feb 01, 2017
Christane:
1)mayb d father hate d child nd does nt c anythng gud in d child despite d child trying to pls hm and proofing dat z nt wat d father tinks he z or
2)or the child z so bad dat d father jst want to get rid of hm by al means ..mayb d child do disgrace hm daily by fighting,smoking and above al stealing wch z d height of al crime except of murder ...may God grant dem peace and settle dem both

How do you see ur opinion 1 to be different from ur opinion 2. Just saying d same thing in different ways.
Re: Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) by tectonotimes: 5:37pm On Feb 01, 2017
Hmmm!!! I wonder what that child did to him.
Re: Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) by delishpot: 5:53pm On Feb 01, 2017
Not fair for the innocent child na. She is also a victim of her mothers actions. Why take it out on her this way? In a bid to disgrace the mother, he just tarnished the innocent child's image. Me I don't buy this action of his. No matter how e pain you reach. The girl does not deserve to be treated like this. The girl may be desperate for a name. She has believed that he was her dad all along and who knows, they may not believe what he claims his DNA tests revealed. Hence she kept hope that he would come back to his senses.
I feel for her sha

Re: Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) by josite: 5:54pm On Feb 01, 2017
he who knows it feel it.for a man to spend 400k to disown a child ,he meant business.the girl should just adjust and reapply for his fathership or look for another father.this man has said his own ,so clear,so GBAM!
Re: Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) by diva90: 6:25pm On Feb 01, 2017
What an embarrassment.

Re: Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) by skinflint(m): 6:40pm On Feb 01, 2017
That man really spent a fortune on that child to go to such extent disowning her. From what it seems, the father is a loving parent and such love is an outlet to extreme measures if the child disobeys/disappoints. Just my thought.
Re: Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) by HYBREED(m): 6:47pm On Feb 01, 2017
AreaFada2:
another infidelity case. man duped into believing that another man's baby is his.

Soon they will claim it is men who cheat. shocked shocked

A man deeply hurt there.
God bless you . I have been reading all the comment and you are the only one who has thought and dug deep to think. I am a classic example of this kind of scenario. My "supposed" daughter is at large now. and I am hurting on a daily basis. I am not even sure of the paternity of the said child. so someone will come some years later and say its your child .
Re: Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) by NoToPile: 6:52pm On Feb 01, 2017
Its the lady I pity in this situation.

It seems some nairalanders can't read to understand.

When you read and check the names mentioned well what happened is simple- the man doesn't believe the lady is his daughter (from forensic proof). The lady wanted to get married and I guess its that man she knows as a father, the mans relatives (from the surnames mentioned we know the man and woman who he claimed represented his family are relatives ) collected the traditional marriage requirements and gave the daughter out in marriage.

He is now coming out to distance himself from what they did. The girls mother is the one that seems guilty here, not the girl why now damage her reputation.

It was unnecessary in my opinion, that innocent lady may be scarred by this incident which she knows nothing about at least it is the person her mother says is the father she will call father.

Such a sad situation

To think a Yoruba person did this, na wa ooo.

Re: Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) by distilledwalex(m): 7:53pm On Feb 01, 2017
cobadit:
Am sure both the man and the son are crazy beings..... :DAm sure both the
man and the son are crazy beings.....
You read the post at al
Re: Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) by distilledwalex(m): 7:55pm On Feb 01, 2017
Psoul:

How do you see ur opinion 1 to be different from ur opinion 2. Just saying d same thing in different ways.
Thank you ooo
Re: Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) by distilledwalex(m): 7:57pm On Feb 01, 2017
Dilish007:

I maybe wrong though.
You maybe right as well.. I feel thats exactly what transpired
Re: Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) by snowden9(m): 8:40pm On Feb 01, 2017
There is more to this than meets the eye
Re: Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) by blazer234: 8:51pm On Feb 01, 2017
Christane:

Like you didn't it couldn't read.

The man said his rejection is based on Parental forensic report. It means DNA test, which shows he is not the biological father.

Some of you guys will just make shallow and unreasonable comments. Why nah?

Re: Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) by Chiefobdk1: 8:55pm On Feb 01, 2017
Chaiii... Rubbish. .

Is it not afonjas again. Thr mind is so evil. Imagine the length one can go to get at family. . Then imagine wat dey do here to get at Igbos
Re: Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) by Misternas89(m): 9:25pm On Feb 01, 2017
Nigayoyo:
It's fascinating how Africans accept and believe DNA paternity tests, however if you told them that we share the same ancestor with Chimpanzees (as is evident from our DNA resemblance with Chimps) they wouldn't accept...smh
Bro are you a cytogenetist?
Re: Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) by AreaFada2: 2:22am On Feb 02, 2017
HYBREED:
God bless you . I have been reading all the comment and you are the only one who has thought and dug deep to think. I am a classic example of this kind of scenario. My "supposed" daughter is at large now. and I am hurting on a daily basis. I am not even sure of the paternity of the said child. so someone will come some years later and say its your child .

My brother, I have seen many such cases at close quarters over the years. A considerable number of kids are not biological kids of people they call dad.
In the near future, when paternity test kits become very cheap to get, there is going to be a big shock to many.

Already in many Western countries now, you cannot do paternity test on your own kids except their mother (who may be your ex-wife, ex-gf collecting child support/alimony from you) gives her consent. Of course she won't consent if she knows the child is not yours so that you can keep paying. Unless a court order forces her. grin cheesy

Soon African women will start lobbying govt for similar laws. Since anything oyinbo do, we too must do. shocked shocked
Re: Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) by Psoul(m): 8:49am On Feb 02, 2017
distilledwalex:

Thank you ooo

Correct guy. U r wlc
Re: Osun State Man Spends Over N400k On Newspaper Advert To Disown His Child(pics) by Bimpe29: 11:14am On Feb 02, 2017
Spartacuss:
That's because it smells too much, and washing it inside could lead to death by pollution.

Hahahaha.

Woman Electrocuted In Hotel Room On Her Birthday (pictured) / My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views / Boy Fights With His Father In Abia For Not Giving Him Money For Food