Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,988 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) (42331 Views)

Purified Tomorrow: The Mad Awakening (A Science Fiction) By Akinjide Akintayo / The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh / Why Do People Dislike Reading Science Fiction? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by bqlekan(m): 8:34am On Feb 07, 2017
Apollux:

Lol. Ok but dat will be much later. I'm on my way on a very long trio today. Job search things. The trip will take me from morning till night

May God be with you bro... Godspeed
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 12:54pm On Feb 08, 2017
♻♻♻♻♻

Several minutes have passed after the call, Marvel was sitting on the settee waiting. The holo image of ADA walked into the room and spoke with synthetic voice.
“Sir a call from subject Omega. “ the hologram said.
That is from Hardwire, it’s what he has been waiting for.
“Let the called through ADA. “ The display wall came on again. The image on it was of a young man in his twenties, with two dimple that seem to appear on his cheeks when ever his lips moves. He had artificially coloured his hair a deep gold colour. His hair was in shape of the latest style common among the youth of Nuterra these days. A rounded corners in low cut and the top, with the help of cosmetic jell, is shaped in form of multiple angles star shape from which it got it’s name Starburst.
“Hardwire I have been waiting. “ Marvel stood up to go upgrade the settings on his security scrambling. “I’m sure you listen in on our conversation and you do have copies of data from the security footage. “
“Sure Marvel, ran full spec analysis on it. It was really weird. “ the young man called Hardwire replied.
“I also took a cursory look at the footage myself and was compelled to agree with Nicolas, that Dr. Bryant may still be alive in one form or the other despite strong evidence pointing to the contrary. “
“Marvel trust me, I have worked with corporate types before, I know them, they will never tell you the truth. “
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 12:55pm On Feb 08, 2017
Marvel walked a little to face his window, feeding his eyes with the beautiful sight of the lake as it shows milky green in the distance. “So Hardwire tell me what you think. “
Hardwire took a minute to appear thoughtful on the screen, his index finger taping repeatedly on his lips. “I think they are deliberately hiding something from you or this is something altogether new they have no idea about and it scares them. Like you know these corporate suit guys fear what they can’t control. “
“That is not news, but I can tell from your excitement, you have something for me. “
“Yup boss man. It’s a rumor that has been going on within the secret communities of hackers that a way have come up to fool corporate controlled and used security set up. That one can completely live his life below grid and never for once be detected. “
“We both know that was trash. “ The bounty hunter pointed out. “As a matter of fact, you suspected that the corporation may be behind the spread of the rumor. To deceive people into a belief that they can be free from their surveillance. “
“Yes I said that. I had believed before now that corporate surveillance capability is always full proof. Even Emmilio didn’t really fool corporate surveillance, just that he was smart to stay hidden and do nothing that will tag him. “
“So what is different now? “
“I think for the first time someone had finally fooled corporate security surveillance system. He was able to attack high security targets and they didn’t even see him coming, they couldn’t even get a visual. Something else I discovered.”
“Shock me with it then. “
“The disruptive field generated by the attacker is very specific. It was designed to specifically lock on and disarm corporate security and surveillance devices. So no matter what advance gear they come up with, as long as it was produce by corporate organizations, it will fool it. This is where I start to get concerned. “
“Leave the worrying and concerns to me. So is there anything you cam do about that Hardwire? “
“Yup, since the equipment I have had under gone several modifications and upgrades, they no longer carry the corporate signatures they were built with. And studying the raw security data feed, I was able to identify the attacker’s unique energy signatures. So I can track him anytime he shows up. “
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 12:56pm On Feb 08, 2017
Marvel smiled broadly. “Now this is the kind of efficient work that keeps you among my valuable assets. “
“That hurts Marvel, I have always thought I’m more than that to you. “ The image of Hardwire fussed on the display.
“Well that was a joke. “ Marvel laughed loudly. “We go way back, you and me. “
“I still have to say this. The people that gave you this job ain’t telling you everything. I suspect they only want to use you as a bait to draw the attacker out. Besides that, no matter what the DNA reports say, when I thoroughly surveyed the evidence presented, Dr Bryant is really dead. That DNA stuff showing up on the security footage is an unknown factor or a trick to throw investigators off their scent. “
After taking a long while to go through what Hardwire said, he said. “Ok, I will keep an eye out for that. “ All the periods he had worked with the younger man, Marvel had come to rely and depend on Hardwire’s views.
“Ok boss. “ the face on the screen put on a smirk. “Now I think you can pay me for the latest modification on your air car. You still have 32,000 credit outstanding balance from that. “
“At times Hardwire, it looks like you just want to drain me of all my finances. “
“Yes that is my actual goal. “ Hardwire whinnied gleefully. “After all I’m the real brain of this venture. “
“That will happen when hell gets a skiing resort. “ Marvel said as he punched the credit to him. Well time to return to his work out.
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 6:36pm On Feb 08, 2017
Guys bear with me for my slow update dese days o. Just dat I have been busy,, moved to a new town. But u may get an update later today or tomorrow.
So I'm still waiting for ur responses on possible plot directions. And lets say few things about some of the characters.
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 10:27am On Feb 09, 2017
♻♻♻♻♻

Marvel drove the Fushima level 10 engine to the limit. The air car seem to blur as it tore through the sky at metal heating speed. He knew he was in a danger of attracting the Mantis Air Patrol, but that is of little concern to him now and besides the powers that be in Nuterra knows he is on a job for them, so they may have instructed the Traffic patrol not to intercept him.
Hardwire got a hit while doing a general check for the unique energy signatures by the attacker. That was an hour ago. And while monitoring it, Hardwire have discovered the trace lead to a place close to one of the addresses given to him by Nicolas might be a likely target for the next attack. The corporations can be very efficient and effective when pursuing their personal objectives. Marvel wants to get to the place before the attack starts or at list catch the attacker in the act and blow him away.
Marvel looked through the air car canopy as he sat at the pilot seat. The vehicle was at an altitude of 30000 feet pushing the car at its 1000km/hr speed capacity. The view before him was a green canopy. This is Peaksview forest. A wide area of raw jungle with tall trees hundreds of feet high stretching thousands of kilometers, lush flora and wide fauna, dominating the mostly untapped forest. While towering above all is the image of Twinpeak mounting that sits almost like the middle of this whole place Geologist have said that the Twinpeak mountain was a volcano that erupted millions of years ago, spilling nutrients rich ash all over the surrounding area which give rise to this wide jungle, that will dwarf the one time famous Amazon forest of earth. His destination is at the slop of that mountain. An advance data and research center is located there and as far as Marvel can tell the place is under attack. Due to its remote setting, back up and response time will take a while. Those who located such valuable facility here thought about that and had added a small Mantis police post. Heavily fortified with some squad of heavily armed and well equipped units. But if past records are to go by, that arrangement may not be enough to stay off the attacker. Marvel is coming to this engagement fully equipped. Initially he hoped to start with slight soft probing, that will open up weakness he hope he can explore.
As he got closer to the mountain, he saw smoke going up from a particular part of the it, the likely place the facility should be. He punched in landing at a place close enough to get to his target on foot. A clearing appeared where the air car can land. As soon as Marvel got out of the climate controlled interior of the air car, the sniffling heat and the humidity of the jungle smacked him in the face. He adjusted his body armour thermal regular to compensate. Still he felt bids of sweat on his brow.
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 11:53am On Feb 09, 2017
He made an inventory of what he is taking with him. The NAX gauge and M2000 pistols were in their customary place. But he had replaced the FTL stinger with its more powerful model, the FTL MAC penetrator. It fires only depleted uranium core armour piercing HE bullets. Its bigger, bulkier and heavier than the stinger, but it carries ten times its penetrating power. The MAC penetrator have no attached grenade launcher under its muzzle, it doesn’t need to. Its HE rounds are as devastating as a grenade launched from a tube. To cover for that, he is carrying along a short barreled multi feed circle rocket launcher, the TEC 5. It have very effective field success rate of 80% of stopping heavily armored air tank. The circle feed for the TEC 5 already have a full magazine of twelve rounds and an extra back up in the combat back park with him. Well time to move. He powered on his wrist com, activated his mini drone to go ahead of him and map out a path for him then set his air car on remote piloting mode.
Marvel came out of the jungle into a large cleared area. Heavy wall have been built around the facility some meters away from the clearing on all side around the complex. He checked the images been supplied by the mini drone. A Mantis squad post is just by the side of the gate leading into the place. Marvel couldn’t really detect much about the post now because it has been destroyed. It lay in rubbles blazing with fire. Marvel moved towards the massive metal gates about six meters high. One part of the gate have been blown to scrap and the other is twisted beyond recognition. Bullets and lazer holes decorated the walls. When he got through the gate, the Mantis post is by the right side of the compound, burning furiously. By the left is a debris, with shattered parts of what looks like a gun craft, another burning heap seems to be a hover armored craft. Dead bodies in black amour and dark visor helmets of Mantis police on the floor at regular intervals.
Damn, a furious fight had taken place here and his missed it. These are signs of fresh attacks, so it’s possible the attacker is still here. Four smooth wall metallic silver colored buildings where all that are in the facility, with a wide packing space. Well arranged trees and trimmed grasses all now burning brightly. A slow blinking from his wrist com drew Marvel’s attention. The attacker is in one of the tall metallic buildings just before him. As Marvel headed towards that direction, a massive explosion blew out from the top area of the building. Pieces of duracrete, metals and glass were scattered wide from the place as blossomed away from the new hole created. Marvel hastened his movements.
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 11:55am On Feb 09, 2017
At the entrance to the building, the heavy armoured door have been pulled off. Few bodies were laying on the floor. Marvel studied the torn door, and realized it must have taken a massive force to have effectively caused this level of damage. What really is he up against this time. As he got in, he saw a lobby with several overturned furniture that have obviously been used as shield to fire from. Scorched marks of lazer fire and bullets holes shows everywhere on the damaged walls and pillars of the building. A lift door stood hanging, the number display on it was showing an error message. Clearly it have been damaged, so he won’t be able to head that way. He turned around and noticed stairs leading up and from the area the last explosion he witnessed, the target is on one of the top floors. Marvel took careful steps towards that area. The extensive damages done to this area continue to show, damaged walls, broken doors, dead bodies and discarded weapons. The stairs just ahead lead him into a corridor that is in semi darkness with most of the light fixtures damaged. Here the dead bodies weren’t just of Mantis troops, but technicians too in white lab coats too. Most of them were still holding their lazer pistols on death frozen fingers. Holes caused by both bullets and lazer bolts marked the littered corpse. Heavy sounds of foot steps was coming from the end of corridor. Marvel checked again to make sure the MAC penetrator light is green, indicating a loaded gun and ready to fire. He slid his finger gently through the trigger guard and got ready. He took a deep breath and prepare for his move. He jumped into the corridor and slide down. And that wasn’t too soon, as two propelled rocket grenade passed over his head and exploded somewhere behind him down the other end of the corridor. Marvel lifted up his gun to reply in kind with his gun and he froze for a second.
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 3:47pm On Feb 09, 2017
The sight was something he never believed possible. The attacker was walking down the corridor towards him and yet Marvel couldn’t fire as he looked at what is coming. The attacker is completely encased in a black metal. Not actually encased, more like he was made of the metal. The only part that still have the human part was some areas of the head. The back of the head, the skull and one eyes were covered by the black metal. Just one eye, the nose and mouth were organic. Torso, arms legs gleamed dully from the black metal they were made from. Marvel mind raced to get the name for what he is seeing now, yes that is it. This is a cyborg. A cybernetic organism a fussing of organic and biomechatronic parts working together in a symmetry that amazed even the bounty hunter. Though theories of the possibility of a full cyborg functioning have been in the works for a while, but the tremendous amount of energy it will take to make it work is not worth whatever gains will come out of it. Or that is what the mega corporations have led people to believe. And anyway the earth is government have made building of a cyborg illegal. But here is a living fully functioning cyborg.
The metal eyes shone red as it targeted Marvel and the single human eye glared fiercely at him. While Marvel watched, one hand was lifted, the hand ended in the shape of a wide muzzle that a wisp of smoke came out from. That should be where the rocket projectile he just fired came from. Before Marvel’s eyes, the muzzle reformed and morphed into a metallic fingers. Now the second hand started to morph from the fingers into something that is beginning to look like a Canon. Marvel didn’t wait for the change to complete before pulling the trigger. Heavy armour piercing bullets spew from the muzzle of the MAC penetrator. Huge chunks of duracrete were chewed up from the walls and floors. The bullets hit the cyborg but bounced off the metallic body. Some tiny blue flashes appear at the point of impacts of the bullets hitting the metal body. Not a single dent was made on the cyborg.
Damn, does that mean this monster have an energy shield. He didn’t wait for the answer to that question himself, with a quick somersault, he dove into an open door. The cyborg’s hand already complete its change from metal fingers into a quad barrel lazer blaster. The lazer bolts blew through the corridor, drill large holes at the place Marvel was standing before. The temperature within the enclosed place rose considerably as the amount of bolts intensified. Marvel pulled the TEC 5 rocket launcher from his back where he hung it before and powered it. He slung the MAC penetrator on his back. It is way too inadequate for this engagement. But Marvel dare not move to the corridor now, the shooting is just heavy and relentless.
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by bqlekan(m): 10:32pm On Feb 09, 2017
Great story so far. I think the corporations designed the killer cyborg. As he will be instrumental in their independence from earth government. Marvel (being the best bounty hunter) is being used to test the effectiveness of this killer cyborg. And I don't think Marvel is a normal being, the way he thinks and dodges attacks are just too good. He must be on some sort of an upgrade.

Cc
Charijee Jeffreyjamez,

2 Likes

Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:59pm On Feb 09, 2017
bqlekan:
Great story so far. I think the corporations designed the killer cyborg. As he will be instrumental in their independence from earth government. Marvel (being the best bounty hunter) is being used to test the effectiveness of this killer cyborg. And I don't think Marvel is a normal being, the way he thinks and dodges attacks are just too good. He must be on some sort of an upgrade.

Cc
Charijee Jeffreyjamez,

Following....Thanks for tagging

1 Like

Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 11:26pm On Feb 09, 2017
bqlekan:

Cc
Charijee Jeffreyjamez,
Good predictions.... But not very accurate. The corporations didn't create d cyborg. In fact d cyborg was the problem d corporations forsee will distrust their plans(refer to the 1st conversation btw Nicolas and Dalmar). It was wat Marvel was hired to deal with (though that piece of info was hidden from the bounty hunter and was Marvel pissed). Trust me u haven't seen Marvel pissed before, but he will be after this encounter and he will be a total badass.
1 promise I will give to all my readers, u wont accurately predict d plot of dis story. Also u won't understand it all at 1st reading, during a 2nd reading, most of d hidden sub plots will be clearer. I'm having fun doing this, hope u guys r too grin

1 Like

Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by charijee(f): 5:52am On Feb 10, 2017
bqlekan:

Cc
Charijee Jeffreyjamez,
Izz now u remember me ba

I'm behind you grin
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by bqlekan(m): 6:24am On Feb 10, 2017
charijee:
Izz now u remember me ba

I'm behind you grin

*Covers face* mabinu cheesy

1 Like

Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by bqlekan(m): 6:26am On Feb 10, 2017
Apollux:

Good predictions.... But not very accurate. The corporations didn't create d cyborg. In fact d cyborg was the problem d corporations forsee will distrust their plans(refer to the 1st conversation btw Nicolas and Dalmar). It was wat Marvel was hired to deal with (though that piece of info was hidden from the bounty hunter and was Marvel pissed). Trust me u haven't seen Marvel pissed before, but he will be after this encounter and he will be a total badass.
1 promise I will give to all my readers, u wont accurately predict d plot of dis story. Also u won't understand it all at 1st reading, during a 2nd reading, most of d hidden sub plots will be clearer. I'm having fun doing this, hope u guys r too grin

Wow! Now this is getting more interesting... So who created the cyborg? Is he earth's property, created to watch over the corporations? Why is he on a killing spree? Update biko
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 6:46am On Feb 10, 2017
bqlekan:

Wow! Now this is getting more interesting... So who created the cyborg? Is he earth's property, created to watch over the corporations? Why is he on a killing spree? Update biko
Don't worry most of ur questions will be answered very soon. I think u will enjoy d twist . The plot is so simple yet interesting.... Too many intrigues..... Oh and else I forget I'm about to introduce a new character, u guys will love grin
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 3:34pm On Feb 10, 2017
. Tapping on this wrist come, he directed the mini drone from outside. He waited a while for the drone to be in position, while the fire continued hitting the walls outside the room his is holding up. The heat increased more, the door caught fire and was blasted away. Soon the drone was in position. From the target acquisition display being fed into the holo display, he saw that the drone was behind the cyborg. He gave the command to fire. From the display he saw twin lazer beams strinking behind the cyborg. The beams struck a particular back park that is fused with the body of the cyborg. As soon as he saw the cyborg’s face turn to face the drone, he gave the order for the drone to move away at top speed. At the same time he moved back into the corridor because all firing stopped as soon as the cyborg attention was distracted.
He brought up the muzzle of the TEC 5 rocket launcher, he waited for the cyborg to look back at his direction. Which predictably the cyborg did. Marvel looked into the dead single eye of the cyborg and pulled the trigger.
“Suck that in dead meat. “ Marvel watched the trail of the rocket launched as it moved on target. There was a loud explosion, the cyborg was knocked off his feet backwards. It landed heavily on its back. “Guess you must have felt that. “
Servo motor whined loudly as the cyborg moved slowly, first the head and torso moved up as if it was remotely controlled. The smoke and fire from the explosion still swirl around him. As Marvel watched in fascination and bewilderment, the cyborg stood on its feet as if nothing happened.
“Okey I guess that was to show me you are a big boy and can probably take all the heat I can throw at you. “ Marvel fingered the settings on the TEC 5, switching the firing control to auto shot. He noticed that the cyborg hands where both morphing into a shape looking like another quad barrel guns. He didn’t waste time, he press the trigger and held it down as rockets upon rockets left the TEC 5 muzzle tube striking at the cyborg. Explosions after explosions followed. Eleven rockets where concentrated around the biomechanical hybrid. The fire and smoke from the multiple explosions didn’t let Marvel see how much damage he was causing but at a point Marvel heard a loud crack sound and a heavy thud as if the floor caved in.
Marvel pulled off the spent circular magazine of the rocket launcher and fed the spare one into it before moving on. As the fire and smoke cleared, he could see a big hole at the floor were the cyborg was standing, the explosion must have blown the floor off him and it caved in. Most of the walls behind the cyborg before are gone, in its place is a gapping hole, a testimony to the firing prowess of the TEC5. Well Marvel decided to check if his attack have the same effect on his main target. He moved to the gapping hole before him and looked down, he saw that the cyborg was buried under heavy chunks of duracrete.
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 6:30pm On Feb 10, 2017
The bounty hunter jumped over the hole to the other end a bit curious about what the cyborg was after. In a room that appears like the place the cyborg would have been, he saw massive data consoles, what can process heavy data sequence at FTL(faster than light speed). But all of them have been broken, smashed, torn down with several cables dangling and releasing electrical sparks. Here Marvel still saw several dead bodies of white clad lightly armed tech personnel. The evidence before his eyes seems the cyborg is not just interested in just data theft alone but destruction of the sensitive data storage equipment. Well non of his business, he job here is done.
Marvel stopped dead on his track as he crossed from the stairs around the floor where the cyborg crashed in, when the familiar whine of servo motors pulled his attention. The cyborg hand rose up from the debris of duracrete, already morphed into the quad barrel lazer gun. It pointed to the bounty hunter and before he could react, the gun spit flame. Marvel was knocked off his feet as the lazer bolts hit him. His heat sink tech absorbed the lazer heat, but the kinetic punch of the bolt still kicked him hard. The wire mesh under his body armour protected him and keeping his bones from turning to powder. Marvel slammed loudly on his back, but despite the shock of the fall, his hand did not drop the TEC 5. As the dust starts to clear, the cyborg rose from the debris its dark metal body exuding total malignancy and menace. Marvel cleared his eyes through the dust layers settling down on his face, he moved the gun again towards the rising image of the cyborg and pulled the trigger. He allowed three rockets to launch at the direction. The explosion knocked the cyborg back wards and crashed through the wall which knocked him into the lobby. As soon as Marvel got up, he run through the newly created hold in to the lobby and jumped just in time to avoid the grasping hand of the cyborg. He gave some distance between himself and the cyborg. As the cyborg reared up, Marvel hit him with three rockets again. This time the explosions smashed the cyborg through the wall and outside into the surrounding of the facility.
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 7:02pm On Feb 10, 2017
Marvel sprinted through the smashed doorway and the compound out of the facility, past the clearing into the heavy woods of the surrounding jungle. He needed a little space to rest and figure out how to deal with the cyborg. It’s quite obvious he is ill equipped to handle this at the moment. And something stubbornly nagged at his mind. He couldn’t shake the feeling that the people who gave him this job knew what he was going to face but refused to pass the full information to him. That seem like a deliberate sabotage for him to fail. Now why give him the job if they wanted him to fail? This is not the time to deal with this. Let him just survive this encounter and face the likely back stabbers later. Working on the wrist com, Marvel activated the auto pilot on his air car. He went into the forest to make sure he is well hidden and the trees will interrupt the scanning ability of the cyborg. Getting behind a tree, he slung the TEC5 on his back, climbed the tree and looked into the clearing searching for the cyborg. He saw him just coming out from the torn gate of the facility into the clearing. From his height atop the tree, he was certain he can’t be seen, the leaves and branches kept him well covered.
Working on the remote pilot on his wrist com he moved the air car up from where it was packed directed it to the place the cyborg was standing. He was sure the biomechanical creature was scanning unsuccessfully for him. As he looked on at the cyborg, the cyborg turned its head sharply behind him as if it heard something. Definitely that most be him picking up the low whine of the air car engine. Marvel looked at the target acquisition display from the air car through the holo display of his wrist com. The cross hairs centered on the cyborg. He brought up the firing key, selected the tri barrel mini chain guns under the car and he fired.
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 7:04pm On Feb 10, 2017
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 7:07pm On Feb 10, 2017
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 7:28pm On Feb 10, 2017
Marvel watched impressed as the cyborg staggered under the backlash of heavy duty cannon high impact shells from the twin tri barrel mini chain. Within just three seconds more than a thousand rounds of shells were released in a five foot area, that is how accurate the twin mini guns are. He saw blue flashes on the cyborg showing energy shield. Later the shield must have collapse under the onslaught, because now the shells where hitting the metal body with out any flash showing. Marvel noticed something that cut off any joy the accomplishment would have given him. The fused back pack of the cyborg seem to open and a metal tube lifts up from it. Before Marvel could channel the fire to the new threat, an energy beam in the shape of electrically discharged lightning shot from one end of the tube and stroke the air car in a blink. The first thing Marvel noticed was the remote feed from the car blinked out. He looked up to see the car just hanging on the air. The cyborg stood up with slow jerky movements, it lifted up one of the arm, and from the morphed hand bolts of lazer flew from it and hit the car. The car armour shieldng help for a bit. The cyborg lifted the second hand that had formed into a mini canon tube, it shoot huge plasma blast at the air car. Marvel watched in silent disbelief as the car glowed red hot after absorbing five seconds of concentrated plasma fire and blew into several pieces. Secondary explosion trail the car’s destruction as the stored magazines in it took that time to ignite.
Now Marvel was angry, he had formed a special attachment to that car. It is dangerous in his line of to form such but Marvel stopped caring long ago. That car had pulled him out of many tight situations in the past. Marvel quickly punched in an emergency panic call in burst mode to Hardwire. All he said was, “Send the MAX 2 flyer, lock it to my body signature. “
The cyborg head turn swiftly and face the trees, his eyes probing at the general direction of the tree in which Marvel was hiding. Damn, he must have sniffed out the burst transmission. As Marvel prepared to jump, the cyborg lifted up his two hands at his direction, both hands morphed into guns. One is a quad barrel lazer blaster, the second is a micro plasma cannon.
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 7:50pm On Feb 10, 2017
Marvel jumped and the tree exploded behind him smiting his back with pieces of shattered burning brands. Harmless actually to him because of the protection of his body armour. But that wasn’t the only thing that hit him. Multiple lazer bolts hit his body and turned what would have been a perfect landing for him into an awkward painful tumble to the jungle floor. His heat sink control device winked red, sorted out and died. He felt the shock of the fall despite the protection of the amour. Pains like jolts of electric current ran through his body. He gritted his teeth again the scream of pain that would have escaped his lips. For few seconds he couldn’t move any part of his body, the shock from the fall have frozen them stiff. If not for his armour, he wpuld have been dead. Yet the armour have a limit to the amount of shock it can absorb. His limbs might be frozen for the moment but his eyes and ears worked just fine. He heard the heavy thuds of the cyborg steps heading his way. He turned his head and saw the black metallic hybrid coming. Anger flamed through Marvel’s heart mix with frustration that the shock have temporarily tied his limbs from action. The cyborg came closer and Marvel could see the malice exuding from the metal man but a little change seems to come over the human part of his face. An appearance of shock, confusion, fear and uncertainty all mixed up, later it settled for a determined look. As Marvel watched the cyborg pointed at him, his fingers were back from the shape of the gun, a single finger with a round hole held his gaze and before he could think further, a green beam shot from the finger and struck the bounty hunter. He felt his body stiffened and his eyes dropped into darkness.
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by bqlekan(m): 12:26pm On Feb 11, 2017
Oh! marvel captured.. This is serious Nice update
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 2:23pm On Feb 11, 2017
bqlekan:
Oh! marvel captured.. This is serious
Nice update
Yes o. It's quite clear that Marvel is out classed. He had no prior knowledge of what he will face and was ill equipped for it(trust me some one is going to pay for that over sight). Well just before I close this scene I will throw in a tiny juicy detail..... wink

1 Like

Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 4:27pm On Feb 11, 2017
♻♻♻♻♻
Some distance from the facility at Twinpeaks Mountain just beyond the passive sensor range of the cyborg, an air car hovers about 20000 feet above the canopies of the green leaves of the jungle trees. The air car remained in a stationary hover mood. It is coated with sonar/radar absorbing paints. Its color is a mixture of white and blue, a perfect camouflage for the air car. It had just one occupant on the pilot seat. The driver of the car had on a hyper magnification electro-binocular. It’s range of view powerful enough to have captured all the action that took place in the facility.
When the air car driver was satisfied, the electro-binocular came down and the face of the driver was shown as a woman. The female have the young athletic look of someone in her mid twenties. A sharp jaw oval face with cascading rich dark hair. Bright intelligent eyes under thin long eye lashes. Short but full bloom pink lips with just a tiny dot below her lip a little close to the right side of her cheek. Most of her olive coloured well formed skin is covered in full body fitting neo leather jumpsuit in shinny black.
She touched a micro comm unit that have been surgically grafted behind her ears. She activated the just one way single channel high encrypted comm link to earth. “Target acquired. Moving to stage two from passive surveillance to active one. Jade out. “
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by bqlekan(m): 7:27pm On Feb 11, 2017
Apollux:

Yes o. It's quite clear that Marvel is out classed. He had no prior knowledge of what he will face and was ill equipped for it(trust me some one is going to pay for that over sight). Well just before I close this scene I will throw in a tiny juicy detail..... wink

Now I'm having a weird feeling here, but I will let it pass.. cheesy the corporation should have known better than to piss marvel off. Now they have three problems at hand now, Marvel, earth and the cyborg. No corporation can win a war on three fronts.
And I want to see hardwire's reinforcements for marvel. Also, how will marvel get out of this trap?
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 9:28pm On Feb 11, 2017
bqlekan:

Now I'm having a weird feeling here, but I will let it pass.. cheesy the corporation should have known better than to piss marvel off. Now they have three problems at hand now, Marvel, earth and the cyborg. No corporation can win a war on three fronts.
And I want to see hardwire's reinforcements for marvel. Also, how will marvel get out of this trap?
Trust me the corporations can. They are many, have money and fight dirty. But for now they can't go on an all out war against earth, they don't have the military capacity (besides earth watches them like a hawk.)
The cyborg was a mistake that blew up on their face and they are trying to hide.
Marvel is just a disposable tool thrown in the mix. But their greatest mistake is underestimating Marvel. The bounty hunter is way more tenacious and dangerous than the cyborg
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by bqlekan(m): 10:02pm On Feb 11, 2017
Apollux:

Trust me the corporations can. They are many, have money and fight dirty. But for now they can't go on an all out war against earth, they don't have the military capacity (besides earth watches them like a hawk.)
The cyborg was a mistake that blew up on their face and they are trying to hide.
Marvel is just a disposable tool thrown in the mix. But their greatest mistake is underestimating Marvel. The bounty hunter is way more tenacious and dangerous than the cyborg

I will like to see how they handle this shit they are in. Also, I want to see hardwire at his best.
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by bqlekan(m): 7:49pm On Feb 12, 2017
Where is apollux ooo
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by dapollux: 7:58pm On Feb 12, 2017
bqlekan:
Where is apollux ooo
This is apollux o. Seem I was ban o. I didn't know what happened? Maybe a spam bot or something. Just realized I can update. I just opened this account now to send this message. Will try and see if I can update abit dis way before the ban is lifted

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Casting Frankline / My Billionaire Boyfriend / Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.