Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,890 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) (42329 Views)

Purified Tomorrow: The Mad Awakening (A Science Fiction) By Akinjide Akintayo / The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh / Why Do People Dislike Reading Science Fiction? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 10:28pm On Feb 14, 2017
Chukwudozzie:
*in ADA's voice* Invisibility mode deactivated
Lol, u r welcome sir. Hope u give Marvel a 5 star rating.
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Chukwudozzie(m): 8:44am On Feb 15, 2017
Apollux:

Lol, u r welcome sir. Hope u give Marvel a 5 star rating.

Lets keep our fingers crossed, BTW, Good job
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 2:13pm On Feb 15, 2017
♻ ♻ ♻ ♻ ♻
The early morning sunlight glints on the high rise buildings of metal, glass and duracrete that filled the land area of New Haven. The weather satellite setting for today is a cloudy day, so the early sunlight is expected to be swallowed up by thick clouds soon. The skies of New Haven were already being been dotted by heavy air car traffic. The pedestrian walk ways leading between the tall buildings already been filled up with commuters. Mono rail platforms already seen the regular heavy flow of early risers who needs to beat air traffic to get to their desired offices. The air traffic controllers already having a very busy morning. All the usual events on a typical working morning in New haven. But at the isolated Ivory Citadel of Iris System Securities, things were very different from the rest of the city. The is no early morning rush of staff trooping into office spaces. It maintained the same steady routine of Mantis security personnel patrolling the perimeters, once in a while an armored air car or troop carrier may take off or land, few personnel coming in or out, these are the few movements seen around the compound. But a keen observer will be compelled to believe that despite what the eyes is forced to believe, a lot goes on here than in most buildings in New Haven.
At the top office of the Ivory Citadel, Dalmar stood quietly beside his chair watching a point on his wooden desk, but looking at nothing in particular, just mentally doing a count down to the start of a virtual conference meeting. The security set up for this meeting have been a nightmare to achieve, all angles of possible leaks have been covered. A temporal link have been created for just this meeting, a link that bypassed all others lines imbedded in the sat com and webnet. The link will vanish without a trace after the meeting is over. This meeting is necessary considering the latest developments, the risk of exposure is worth it.
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 2:19pm On Feb 15, 2017
As the count down got to zero, a tiny chime sounded and Dalmar left his chair, open a door which led into another room linked to his office. The room was almost bare except for the long real wood conference table, some chairs and a huge monitor facing the table. Already at the table, two 3D holographic images where already sitting. Dalmar took his sit at the head of the table, while the other two holo images sat at both opposite sides. At his right is the image of Nicolas, in his customary white suit. The head of Trans Terra International looked pleased as can be seen from the hologram. While on the his left is a man he wished in this endeavor, he could have done without. But he cannot, because the head of Syntech is a vital part to the total success in the their scheme. That man is Jeffery Wildwinter, CEO of Syntech, a huge conglomerate holding several subsidiary companies of which BioMatrix is one. And that BioMatrix is needed if all their plans will work. Jeffery have amassed great wealth in a vain stupid venture Dalmar have gotten into due to a moment of weakness when he had succumb to his ego. He wanted a perpetual youthful look, which Syntech have offered him at a great price. Dalmar have fallen for it. The micro surgeries worked perfectly, yet Dalmar have left feeling duped but Syntech have grown richer. He hated Jeffrey but is forced to work with him at the moment.
And Nicolas, that is someone he can work with at anytime. He is efficient, effective and highly intelligent. He have proven his worth time after time again. No wonder TTI is among the top powerbrokers in Nuterra.
“This meeting is convened “Dalmar said in a way as an opening speech. “Things are moving at an accelerated pace, so time is no longer a luxury we can afford. “
Jeffrey’s coughed slightly. His image through the 3D hologram appeared as a very slim man. His flesh waxed white. The image was sitting on a power hover chair. His body was hooked to a life support engine connected to the chair. An oxygen tank hooked to the chair have a pipe linked and connected to his nose. He was putting on a silk kimono with colorful flowery displays. Several gossips have come through as to the source of his sickness. Prominent among them is the story about Jeffery's exotic sexual preferences. It was said that years back he had stopped having sex with humans because animals have then caught his fancy. Some insisted that he engaged on a sexual experiment with a genetic construct splicing the DNA of a local fauna with an imported animal from earth. He caught a rare sexually transmitted virus, that ravaged his body but have no cure yet. So he is always on life support. His two legs are paralyzed, the hover chair aids his movements.
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 3:21pm On Feb 15, 2017
“Do you have something to say as a start up to the meeting, Mr. Jeffery? “ Dalmar asked the head of Syntech.
Jeffery waved his hand as a sign that Dalmar should continue.
“Nicolas I believe we have achieved some measure of success in dealing with our little problem. “
“Yes, it went down exactly as was anticipated. “ Nicolas said looking at a data console at his end, the images on it to tiny to be deciphered through the holo projection. “Our bounty hunter have successfully sort the cyborg, found him and engaged him. Though he didn’t succeed in destroying him, though we never expected him to, but he have done enough to bring the cyborg into the open for us to successfully tag him and now we can locate him anytime we want to. “
“Excellent work, now we can wrap up that loose end once and for all. “ Dalmar was relieved that this cyborg issue will finally be dealt with. Their plans to eliminate both doctors were the best course as at then, since they have been able to accomplish what they were hired to do. To maintain total security, both of them had to go. They should have died but this cyborg thing came up after the accidents arranged for their demise. The DNA record proves the cyborg to be Dr. Bryant. But they have the body parts of the doctor with them. Just that Dr. Guthrie couldn’t be located dead or alive. Well once they are rid of the cyborg, it will no longer matter.
“l learnt that dealing with the double undercover agents from earth worked well, Mr. Dalmar. “
“Yes it did, Mr. Nicolas. Though I’m sure earth is aware of that by now but before they can put up a contingency plan, we would be ready to strike. “
“Good. “ The head of Trans Terra International faced Jeffery. “How about your end, have BioMatrix successfully cultured an effective antidote? You know all our moves is centered on that. “
“The wizened man coughed before replying. “Yes, I already have three successful candidates that have passed through the seventy two hours compulsory observation. We have an antidote. But the virus and it’s antidote are from the same source. So no other antidote can be successfully synthesized with out getting the source host. So that virus is virtually unstoppable unless by us. “
“Remarkable, then we can proceed fully now. “ Dalmar said with uncontrollable glee.

2 Likes

Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 15, 2017
Apollux nice work from you here.... glued and following ..this is a potential movie I must say.
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 6:00pm On Feb 15, 2017
handelex:
Apollux nice work from you here.... glued and following ..this is a potential movie I must say.
Thanks, I'm honored. Marvel chronicles made into a movie, wow dat will be the day. My head will touch the sky. It's a dream i can do anything to see happen
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 15, 2017
Apollux:

Thanks, I'm honored. Marvel chronicles made into a movie, wow dat will be the day. My head will touch the sky. It's a dream i can do anything to see happen
More ink to your pen then.... waiting for update
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Chukwudozzie(m): 8:37pm On Feb 15, 2017
Thanks for d update.
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 8:41pm On Feb 15, 2017
“Remember using the bounty hunter brought up several loose ends that needs to be cut off. “Nicolas showed a little concern as he speaks.
“Like you know, we already have prepared contingency for this, Mr. Nicolas. “ Dalmar said. “Of course both of your inputs could also help the plans to work. “
“You both know my contributions on the venture is not on tactics and logistics. I’m your lab man. I have been so busy that lots of what is happening now are news to me. “ After a prolong fit of coughing. “Will you be willing to fill me in on all the parts I’m missing? “
They did with Nicolas taking the lead role in the narrative and Dalmar adding bits when necessary.
“Quite impressive, you really have been busy. “ Jeffery stopped for a while to sniff in something from a round device attached with the small cylinder tank that hold his oxygen. “Well I already have a perfect willing host to transport the pathogen. “
“That is covered. I suggest we make our major first move in about a week from now. “Dalmar put in.
“Seconded “ said Jeffery.
“Supported too. “ Nicolas added. “So how do we go about dealing with the bounty hunter? “ he faced Dalmar.
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 8:50pm On Feb 15, 2017
“That is already arranged. “ Dalmar answered. He brought up a data device, click it on and browse through the several data logs shown before him on the projected hologram. “I suggest we use Mantis urban pacifier troops on him. If the earth government try to investigate, we will show them the security video clips of when he battled the cyborg in our facility and claimed he is a criminal that wanted to steal sensitive data from us. So we are apprehending him. That should shut them up for a while. Not for long though, considering that boy have a history of sort with the earth government. But it will give us enough time to silence him and strike. “
“Your idea have a good chance of working. “ after a little time to think, Nicolas continued. “We shouldn’t underestimate Marvel, he is way too resourceful. Remember he performed beyond our expectations against the cyborg even with very little idea what he was getting into. “
“ Yes I’m quiet aware of that. “ the Iris Security head said, bringing up another page from the data display. “I’m quite aware of his back ups and support systems, we will move the same time and cut them all off at once. “ Pulling up a building schematics on the display he added. “And thanks to the security number you gave to him with which he reached out to you, we now have the total lay out of his dwelling. Quiet a few illegal attachments to his abode. It will do him little when we pay him a visit, he will have no where to hide.
“Including his informants? “ Nicolas asked with a smug smile.
“The informants as well. We are not taking any single chances. “
Laughing quietly as if on a personal joke, Nicolas added, “I think it’s about time The Pit gets a visit from the Mantis police. They need to be reminded, they’re still part of Nuterra and are ruled by the corporate head in control of Nuterra. “
“That stinking cancerous piece of dirt have dared us long enough, it’s long due for cleansing. “
Speaking weakly with his breath whizzing, Jeffrey asked, “What about the cyborg you both talked about, how do we deal with him? My pathogen wasn’t design to deal with a human mechanical hybrid. “
“Oh we have something special reserved for him. Now that we can track him anytime he moves, the cyborg is history. “
“Gentlemen I propose a toast. “ while saying this, he dialed for a drink. The table opened up and brought out a glass cup already filled one third with a clear liquid. The holo images immediately also had glasses with drinks.
“A toast to success “ said Nicolas.
“A toast to victory and freedom from the yoke of the earth government. “ finished Dalmar.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Nobody: 11:46pm On Feb 15, 2017
Nice update, so this guys were able to track down Marvel when ADA made that call ...hmm or is it what Marvel and Hardwire want them to believe?
Well fingers are crossed waiting to see how all this will pan out .
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 9:34am On Feb 16, 2017
handelex:
Nice update, so this guys were able to track down Marvel when ADA made that call ...hmm or is it what Marvel and Hardwire want them to believe?
Well fingers are crossed waiting to see how all this will pan out .
Well the corporations are very resourceful... Don't forget they rule the whole planet
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 12:48pm On Feb 16, 2017
Chapter Seven

“it’s been hard getting a trace of the cyborg again he seem to have gone to ground. “the face of Hardwire said through the vid phone display. “But I’m quiet sure I will tag him any time he comes out. “
“Uh huh “ Marvel mumbled noncommittally his mind deep in thought.
“I’d have find it hard to believe if the story haven’t come from you, wow a murderous rampaging human fused with machine, with a conscience (?) and psychological issues. Stuff of 3D movies. “ Hardwire laughed.
Marvel raised an eyebrow when the next words spill out of the vid phone “it was so cool watching the cyborg kick your ass….he made beating you look so easy. “
“Hey Mr. Runny mouth, I think you have had enough joke at my expense today I think. “
“Hey Marvel it’s not every day I get to watch you taking an ass whooping on 3D” the caller howled with laughter that end in several coughing fits. “You should have see your self…. I watched it all on my floor to roof monitor… I still keep a record of it just in case. “ he cracked up again.
“Have your laugh while you still can. “ Marvel stood up from the chair and backed the vid phone display. He is in the wide sitting room, looking through the window as the heavy clouded sky with very little sunshine streaming through.
“C’mon Marvel cut me a slack, I did save your life back there. “
“No, you did no such thing, all you did was follow my instructions. “
“You do have a way of taking the fun out of a good time. Hope you do know that. “ Hardwire demurely concluded. “Hey how about your girlfriend. “
“My girlfriend? “Marvel asked a bit surprised.
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 12:53pm On Feb 16, 2017
“The chic you went on a date with? “ Hardwire posed as if on a very deep thought. “What’s her name again…? “
“Hardwire you're lucky I’m not there, would have had you mouth sealed in less than a second tops. “ Under his breath he said, “I hate geeky teenagers. “
“Hey boss I can hear you clearly. You are wrong on both counts, I’m not a geek and definitely not a teenager. I have an ID chip to prove that. “
Marvel smiled wickedly, time to hit the kid back, he thought. “And where is the ID chip, I’m sure some corporate investigators will be willing to check that out.”
“Oh boss that was a cheap shot, way too low even for you. “ All sign of mirth disappeared from the face of the youth.
Marvel wasn’t willing to let him off yet. One story about his past Hardwire hate to be reminded about is that he was once a corporate stooge and is on the run too. “I guess a geek will be of more benefit to me than you have been? “
“Aw c’mon Marvel, you don’t mean that. Do you? “ he asked, his mouth a pout.
“Not really but you got to cut the expensive jokes out like right now, they are no longer funny. “
“Yes sir boss man. “ shouted Hardwire, pulling up his fake salute.
“So any thing you found out about your girlfriend? “
“My girlfr…. Uh right, Jade. “ Hardwire was caught off guard, so he took some seconds to comport himself. “I did a little snooping around. Nothing on Nuterra Intel records about her. It seems as far as Nuterra is concerned she doesn’t exit. So I had to widen the scope of my search, got a hit when I tried earth side. “
“So she could be telling the truth when she made that claim? “
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 12:59pm On Feb 16, 2017
“I cant be sure, you know there’s really nothing like truth when dealing with spies. The intelligence world is too mushy and grayish. “ After checking something on he side off screen he came back on and continued. “Her identity is heavily shielded with several layers of high security fire walls I couldn’t get through or go round. She must be a high valued asset to the Earth watch Intelligence. She has the highest level clearance just below the very director of that agency. “
“Good to know. Wonder who is pulling her strings. “ Marvel said, his face darkened over. “Hope it is not that name she called. “
“I heard her mention a certain Colonel. I know you use to have a link with earth government in the past, but you have refused to say much about it. “
“Yes and with good reason Hardwire. Don’t ask me because I won’t tell and I forbade you to snoop around for it. “
“Too late boss. “ Hardwire chortled. “I already did and got everything I needed to know about your past history with the earth government. It was mostly boring stuff. “ He faked a yawn.
“One of these days, your curiosity will land you into very deep trouble, don’t expect me to rescue you. “
“I’m old enough to take care of myself even if… “ Hardwire was cut off from further speaking by something on his side that caught his attention.
“What is it? “
“Boss we got a call entering your secured line. It is bypassing all fire walls I have put in place to block or bounce off unwanted calls and over riding every single security protocols I have put in place. “
“Who do you think that will be, the corporations? “ Marvel asked getting slightly worried.
“I don’t think so, “ replied the younger man. “They are good, but not that good to easily over ride all the securities in place, the best they could do is snoop around. My best guess is this intrusion is from the highest level clearance on earth: Earth watch Intelligence. “
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 1:04pm On Feb 16, 2017
“Interesting how fast they have caught up to you. “ Marvel smiled bitterly.
“Oh those guys are really good. But I don’t think this intrusion has anything to do with my snooping around, else I’d already have CSC agents breathing down my neck. Besides the link I used to source for information was a public one that have hundreds of cutouts linking into thousands other search accounts from legal corporate organizations. So it’s full proof. “
“Well what the hell then is this about? “
“My guess… they want to contact you. Since it seem using a very beautiful female spy didn’t catch your fancy, they want a direct tete-a-tete. “
“ADA let the call through. “
“Yes sir. “ said the hologram as it appeared and disappeared again
Laughing loudly Hardwire said “You have not choice, the call is getting through whether you want to or not. The delay is that the person on the other end is covering his tracks to make a trace of this call impossible to detect. It seems the caller wants to be anonymous to any other person snooping around. Well let me sit back and watch. “
The huge wall display screen lit up unbidden, multi colors flew through the face of the display then settled on a face.
Marvel would have been shocked way beyond control to see this face if not for the prior meeting he had with the female spy Jade. Looking at the heavy set face with prominent fore head, bushy eyebrows, hard set jaws. A clean cut dark brown mustache with tiny traces of silver. Flat topped military spec hair cut. He was putting on a white and ash camouflage uniform. The face gave a sardonic smile.
“Marvel Alistar, it’s been a while I have laid eyes on your sorry face. “ the image of the man Marvel hated most said.
“ Captain Willey James, I thought by now one of the unsatisfied men under your company would have slit your throat. “ Marvel did nothing to hide his bitterness.
“ Oh for the record, it’s Colonel James now, the director of Earth watch Intelligence Agency. I have moved up from doing the grunt work of the army. “ The image on the screen said giving a hearty laugh. “Besides not all under my command are as in subordinating as you were. So my throat is still very much intact thank you. “
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Nobody: 1:14pm On Feb 16, 2017
Nice one
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 1:16pm On Feb 16, 2017
“Earth must be desperately in need for them to allow a sh.it brained fool head an intelligence agency. “ Marvel retorts angrily. He would have ended the call then if not the security over ride the call is putting on.
“The sh.it brains will be the one you will start taking orders from effective immediately. “ the Colonel said all trace of mirth leaving his face. “I’m reinstating you now. Get ready for your orders. “
Marvel laughed so hard in spite of his anger. “James, you must have woken up at a deserted area on titan or maybe one of your very loyal subordinate smack you so hard on the brain that some of the poo in there poured out. To jug your memory I’m no longer in the marine. I was honorably discharged and whatever reinstalling right the marine command had over me was canceled due to the manner of my discharged. I think you have bleeped too many young recruits behind to remember that. “
Colonel James’ face turned livid, the fury turning his light colored face to a dark bluish appearance. “Remember I was your commanding officer, Alistar. “
“I have tried over the years to forget that but couldn’t. And a very shitty commanding officer you turned out to be. “
“This was the same attitude that lead to your, demotion,, Court Marshall and eventually dismissal from the marine force. “
“I wasn’t dismissed Mr. High and mighty Colonel. I was discharged with full decorations, I still have the numerous medals given to me for my excellent service. Look it up, you will see it, that is if your sh.it full brains will let you understand anything in the records. I have medals decorating my room, medals you can never have no matter your promotions. “
The Colonel took some minutes to calm his rising temper. He knows Marvel very well, he can never get through to him this way. The boy is just too stubborn, treat and harassment have never worked on him. Its on a record that during his court-martial , he had told an over forward female general of the presiding military tribunal to go suck the posterior of a marsh serpent. Marvel can’t just be reasoned with this way. And besides Marvel hates him more than anyone else.
“Despite what you might think, I didn’t come here for a tantrum throw around. The earth government needs you back. “
“Well tell the earth government that I don’t need them. The sick old men running things on that decaying so called mother planet can as well lick the filth from my behind, I don’t give a Bleep. Earth and as will the whole solar system can get nuked. The rest of the galaxy can do well without you lot. “

1 Like

Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by dominicnuel(m): 1:46pm On Feb 16, 2017
guy u re good
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 3:59pm On Feb 16, 2017
The Colonel was quiet for a long time, but haste weighed on him. His call may still be secured but sooner or later, others can break through his security cover. He knows he needed the annoying son of bitch, but what way can he get through him.
“Marvel you may pretend not to care but I know fully well that you do care, somewhere in your heart, you will still like to help people. “
“You are still mistaken me for the blinded young man you used to order around. I’m not a philanthropist. You want something from me, you pay for my time and effort. If the earth government needs me, let them pay my fee. “
Colonel James sighed. “Ok since you have refused reinstatement, we will pay you for your services. “
“Sorry James, earth government, I can work with howbeit grudgingly. But for you, not even if you pay me all the money in the universe, will I work for you. “
“Marvel I know you hate me, but I never really get to know why. “

1 Like

Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 16, 2017
Stubborn Marvel
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 5:07pm On Feb 16, 2017
The why of it flash through Marvel’s mind. Marvel had been a lieutenant in the Sol System Marine. The best elitist fighters among the numerous units and fighting forces that made up the Earth Defense Force. He was the one who had built up and led Alpha company when their first commanding officer had died. Marvel was in the perfect position to get promoted to a captain and led the alpha company, but the military head felt he was to disloyal and twice he was denied promotion. But the level of success he achieved through alpha company made them retain him but refused to let him climb higher as a way to control and punish him too. To further irked him, they brought an incompetent officer to take over the company in the person of captain Willey James. James was a disaster in leading though in some ways a good soldier. They had hated each others guts from day one and Marvel continued to show he cannot bow to an incompetent officer. After some failed missions, Marvel lost control of himself. Several sharp exchange of words was common between them. Marvel got reprimanded severally but never stopped. At his last mission with the marine, captain James have ordered the company to shoot to kill captured rebel captives. Marvel have intervened. James have threatened him with a court Marshall then for disobeying a direct order, which wasn’t the first time, but that time it had looked like it was going to happen. Unfortunately the captives that Marvel have prevented from being slaughtered where instrumental to the successful completion of the mission. When the got back to command, while captain James was being debriefed and giving his mission report, he had twisted the story. That Marvel wanted to kill the prisoners but he prevented it. He also took credit for the success of the mission. The only mission he had over led that was successful only because his lieutenant disobeyed his order. When Marvel presented his part of the mission report, it was rejected even after presenting concrete evidence. He was angry and that was when his hatred for his superior officer had started.

1 Like

Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 5:11pm On Feb 16, 2017
Things degenerated from there on. James recommended for Marvel to be Court-martialed for disobeying a direct order. Two things surprised Marvel. One his evidence was rejected and yet an item that wasn’t included in James mission report is now what he was being Court-martialed for. Later he got to know that James family members were highly place in earth government and the military, so he is mostly untouchable. The court-martial dragged on, but no solid evidence to nail Marvel to be condemned. Members of his company were unhappy with the development, so three young male recruits came up with an astonishing story. They have been raped by the captain and are willing to testify at a court-martial . Events went bad from there when that issue was brought up. The three rape victims were dismissed from the force and Marvel’s Court-martial case got other unpleasant twists. The final end to the story was Marvel was demoted to a private and dismissed. The good thing is his discharge was honorable with records of distinguished service. This led to his leaving the earth and establishing a reputation for himself among the colonies.
Here comes the fool again, Marvel thought angrily.
“Sorry James, I can’t work for you or with you. “
“Can’t just for this once over look our past differences and work with me for the greater good? “ the Colonel asked almost pleading.
“There is no greater good when you are involved. And no good is better than being paid for work done. “
“I’m ready to pay you for your inputs. “
“I don’t want your money Mr. Willey James. “
On the display the Colonel shoulders visibly sagged. “I still have the power to order you or coerce you into doing what I want. I have the backing of the Colonial Security and Control. I can do anything to you or with you. “
Marvel snorted “you are welcome to try. “
“If it’s on another case, I would have happily done that. “ the colonel face picked up a somber look. “Just the delicacy of this operation compels me to treat you with kid gloves. “
“Good by Mr. Colonel, nice to have to ridicule you again. “ Marvel waved the image off.
“Well be it as you wish, but we already have very reliable intel on things you should know. “

2 Likes

Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 5:12pm On Feb 16, 2017
“ I’m sure your operative, Jade is good at seducing Information ftom unsuspecting victims. “
After a moment silence allowing for the effects of the bounty hunter’s words to pass, the colonel spoke. “As you know, we are aware of your tangling with a cybernetic organism. We are just interested on how he came about and what is his role on what we suspect the corporations in Nuterra are involved in. “
Marvel turned away from the display and was handling with his wrist com.
“And on a final note, the Iris System Securities is preparing a petition against you at the moment. Though earth government won’t be involved, but authority may be granted them to apprehend you. Well I will stay back to watch see how the fire works goes and pick up the pieces later. “ When the bounty hunter refused saying any more thing, the call dropped and the display went dark.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by aytigidz433(m): 11:57am On Feb 17, 2017
just went visible. story's too dope pls don't stop.
Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 2:44pm On Feb 17, 2017
aytigidz433:
just went visible. story's too dope pls don't stop.
Lol.... In ADA's voice *please all invisible readers, time to get visible and contribute *
You r welcome.

2 Likes

Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 3:20pm On Feb 17, 2017
Seconds later, Hardwire’s face appeared on the vid phone screen. “Whoa that was intense, could feel the heat way over here. But why do you hate that man so much? “
“None of your business. “ The bounty hunter snapped. “And stay off this, Hardwire, I mean it. “
“C’mon boss I already knew what happened. “ Hardwire said calmly. “All that shit happened years ago, you should let go. Besides he may be a changed man now. After all he is heading a very efficient intelligence agency. “
“People don’t really change. James is still a rotten yellow bellied two faced hypocritical ass bursting son of a bitch. For get his position, he is a incompetent as they come. “ Marvel said brooding.
“Uh oh… “ Hardwire was checking something at his end with alarm suddenly appearing on his face.
“What’s that Hardwire? “
“A security isolation blanketing have been place three city blocks on every side around your house. “
“What? “ Marvel jumped up, touching buttons on his wrist com. “Any idea who or what it is about? “
“Not really boss, but my guess is you are the focus. “
“Alright, but who is responsible for it? “
Hardwire held his breath a bit before speaking. “Mantis police. “
“Damn, I have always known it’s a matter of time before I get to tangle with those black clad urban thugs. “
While speaking, the holo image of ADA walked into the room. “Sir the outer perimeter motion sensors have been activated, it picked up warm bodies. “
“That was fast. Give me a video from any possible angle. “ turning to the vid phone screen he said, “Hardwire, disengage. Pack up shop and disengage. “
“Total overhaul? “
“Yes move everything thing. Burn down all bridges. “ As an after thought Marvel added. “Take the MAX 2 with you. “

1 Like

Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 3:29pm On Feb 17, 2017
“Ok boss. Setting up at the new shop at the subzero tank? “
“Yes, I will come later as soon as I can. “
“Oh boss, I’m reading something else. A Mantis raid have been order for The Pit too. “
“That means they are going after the Mole too. I pity the fools who will be used as cannon fodder “ Marvel disconnected the call and moved in to the lift to go below. “
“The video data is ready for your viewing, sir” ADA ‘s electronic voice spoke to him through the lift’s speakers.
“Good, I will view it when I get to the work out room. “ When the lift door opened, he stepped into his work out room. Instead of heading for the work out area, he moved to the back, laid his palm on a finger reader scanner. A door slid back and Marvel entered a smaller room. The room is dilled with few monitors and a single chair. “ADA send the video data. “
“Video data uploading. “said the mechanical voice.
“The image shown on the screen was not very clear, when Marvel checked the point of the motion detectors, he discovered that the points are coming in from underneath his house the point at which the lake touched the edge of his house. There is a secret hidden access portal there made for easy get away. If they area know about that place, it means all the security set up of his house have been compromised. Marvel didn’t take much time to wonder how they had access to that information. That call to Nicolas have exposed his secured place hacking.
“Sir I’m receiving a Mantis authorized broadcast to stand down, lower my security screen and stand by for further instructions. “ The holo image of ADA appeared in the room.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 3:31pm On Feb 17, 2017
“Ignore that broadcast. Give me a visual of the visiting assault Mantis team. “ As Marvel watched, a new monitor came on and he studied the images been shown. About sixty Mantis troops in their full black body armor and dark visor helmets, armed with full tactical gears. Three black armored APC, five armored attack cars, a riot pacifier flyer and multi purpose RP raptor gun boat. Damn, that gun boat is his greatest challenge. It is fast, fully armed and loaded with everything from chain guns, rocket launchers, mini plasma cannons and have four long range fushima missiles.
Marvel thought on how to survive what is coming, every single scenario that came to his mind wasn’t pretty.
“ADA upgrade security alert status to full, code red. Pull up all defensive screen. Let maximum lock down protocol be initiated and engaged. “
“All full security measures now activated. Alert status code red engaged. “ The blue colored holo image of ADA changed and became red. Also the office dress was replaced with a full combat camouflage.
Marvel started putting on his full combat class body armor. His twin hand guns were in their places. He went to his weapon locker, punched in the security lock override codes. It opened showing several assault rifles in different sizes and shapes arranged in racks. He pulled out a new FTL MAC penetrator rifle because of the high level body armor the Mantis troopers will be putting on, a mini barreled rocket launcher the TEC5, with just a single full clip. He needed to be light, he is not going for a full frontal assault. He won’t win, all he needs is how to get away, which will be some what difficult seeing that his back door is already covered.
“Access tunnel below this building have been bridged. “ ADA informed.

1 Like

Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by Apollux(m): 3:38pm On Feb 17, 2017
“Show me the visual. “ as Marvel watched on his tactical view screen, he saw the edges of the door glowed orange, then yellow as the metal door fell off. Two men on black colored swimming trunks came in holding glowing lazer cutters. Behind them about a dozen black clad troops marched in.
“Ok ADA show time. Lets give these people what they came in for. Seal the tunnel. “ while setting up that emergency exit below, he had fixed explosives at designated areas, that when activated, will blow up and bury the entrance with tones of rocks. As he watched the screen he saw little display of fire works and chunks of rocks falling behind the assault troops. He saw them stagger and fall at the shock of the explosions. “Engaged the mini gun. Taken all heat signatures and terminate. “ ADA went into action. He saw on the screen, the tri barrel mini gun lit up and both armor and bodies where perforated and blown to chunks of fleshy pieces. As the dust from the collapsed tunnel settled, fourteen assault troops lay scattered as pieces of flesh remains on the floor.
Well that way is look from him, the other option is to go out the front door. Well that is suicide, but since he is not ready to die yet, he will have to look for a way to modify that.
“Sir, upper perimeter bridged. “ came ADA’s calm electronic voice.
Damn he doesn’t have any defensive weapons in his upper level sitting room, he had to deal with that so he won’t find himself between two attacking troops. He called up a video feed from the up room and saw assault Mantis troops breaking through his plasiglass windows and entering his sitting room. They quickly took positions, using the attack cover mode of assault protocol. These guys are well trained but predictable taking notes of the angles of their moves. Marvel took the lift going up. He energized the TEC5, as soon as the lift down open, the bounty hunter jumped from the door, rolled low to the left and shot three rockets at different places he had previously noted. He sat behind one of the thick pillar in his sitting room, gritting his teeth and squeezing his eyes shut as the rockets exploded. The rockets blew out most of what was left of the windows and walls facing the lake. When Marvel turned to look, he noticed that two of the rockets hits human targets, the third didn’t find any human target but the explosions were enough to knock the rest of their feet.

1 Like

Re: MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) by bqlekan(m): 3:53pm On Feb 17, 2017
This is getting more interesting. I don't see marvel escaping this assault. I will also like to know how mole dealt with the mantis police too.. Nice update bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Casting Frankline / My Billionaire Boyfriend / Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.