Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,253 members, 7,957,621 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:57 PM

Obiano Vs Okorocha: Okorocha Keep Quiet When Serious Govs Are Talking — Obiano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Vs Okorocha: Okorocha Keep Quiet When Serious Govs Are Talking — Obiano (722 Views)

Keep Quiet, You Have Failed’ – Wike Blasts Amaechi, APC Leaders In Rivers / Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu / Obiano Vs Amosun ( So Much For Yolobas Leaders) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obiano Vs Okorocha: Okorocha Keep Quiet When Serious Govs Are Talking — Obiano by murphyibiam15(m): 8:14am On Feb 02, 2017
By Vincent Ujumadu & By Omeiza Ajayi
Awka —THE verbal war between Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State and
his Anambra State counterpart, Chief Willie Obiano, took another dimension
yesterday, with Governor Obiano telling Okorocha to keep quiet when serious
governors are talking because he (Okorocha) has nothing to offer.
The attack on each was a fallout of a statement credited to Okorocha during
the South-East stakeholders meeting of the All Progressives Congress, APC,
in Owerri, where Okorocha claimed that three governors in the zone would
soon defect to APC.
Angered by the statement, Obiano, through his Senior Special Assistant on
Media, Mr. James Eze, said Okorocha had not provided the kind of leadership
that would make Igbo people to join him in APC.
Reacting to Obiano’s statement, Chief Press Secretary to Okorocha, Mr. Sam
Onwuemeodo, referred from Obiano as a clueless governor, prompting another
reaction by Obiano’s Senior Special Assistant on Media, Strategic
Communication and Legislative Matters, Prince Oliver Okpala, yesterday, who
said that Igbo people know who is a better governor between Obiano and
Okorocha.
The statement circulated by Okpala read: “If a governor that has constructed
countless number of roads and bridges, embarked on several rural
electrification programmes, constructed uncountable number of schools, and
health facilities as well as rid the entire Anambra State of crime and
criminality, is being termed clueless by Okorocha, then there must be another
meaning for clueless.
Aggressive governor,
“Okorocha’s claim that there is a general impression that Chief Willie Obiano
is an aggressive governor, who should have done better as a militant than as
a governor, is laughable and it is clear to Nigerians who really is a motor
park personality between them.
“Obiano has always been known and accorded the respect of a complete
gentleman. Indeed, Okorocha is an example of what a leader should not be.
Who is he to teach the virtues of leadership ideas and service to Governor
Obiano?
“He talks of ideas when he cannot pay workers salaries and now tries to
intimidate Imo retirees to forfeit 60 per cent arrears of their sweat. Are those
the kind of ideas we need at this critical time? Those are destructive ideas,
and a destructive idea cannot bring about constructive ends.
Achievements
“Rochas challenged Obiano to publish his achievements in Anambra State.
But the whole world knows of his feat in this regard. From making Anambra
to attain a crime-free status, rapid industrialization by rehabilitation of roads
and constructing new ones; demolition of a 30-year old mountain of refuse in
Okpoko two years ago; putting public facilities in place such as the 47 solar-
powered boreholes that now serve 27 communities and increasing Anambra
State IGR from the N500m monthly that it inherited to N1.3bn per month, to
clearing the arrears of salaries owed the state water corporation staff as well
as the approximately N1bn pension that was owed local government retirees
inherited by the administration. Obiano has been a superlative performer.
“But this cannot be said of Governor Okorocha, whose so-called popular
policies, like free education at all levels, have been a fluke and at best an
over bloated media hype. His other so-called programmes have also been
discovered to be mere flash in the pan as the people of Imo State have seen
through his tricks and treachery, as well as other clandestine tendencies.
“Okorocha claimed that Obiano has taken Anambra State several kilometres
backward, but the records are there to show who has taken his state
backward. When serious Governors like Obiano are talking, the likes of
Okorocha should keep quiet. This is a governor who has failed woefully to pay
workers salaries.
“He is also heavily indebted to even pensioners, who have spent their youth
and strength to labour for the state. In their old age, Okorocha’s government
has abandoned them at this most critical time that they need the state. What
an abomination.”
Moghalu slams Okorocha over Nnamani
Meanwhile, National Auditor of the APC, Chief George Moghalu, has berated
Okorocha for attempting to determine the leadership of the party in the
South-East geo-political zone.
At a meeting hosted by Chief Okorocha in Owerri, last week, the governor had
allegedly declared a former Senate President, Ken Nnamani, who recently
defected to the party as its leader in the region.
Reacting to the development, yesterday, in Abuja, Moghalu said it was
impossible to foist Nnamani on the zonal chapter of the party as its leader.
“You see one thing about leadership, I have said it time and time again, a
leader is not appointed. You can elect a chairman, you can elect a secretary,
a governor or a president. A leader evolves from among the people.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/02/obiano-vs-okorocha-okorocha-keep-quiet-serious-govs-talking-obiano/

cc mynd44 lalasticlala
Re: Obiano Vs Okorocha: Okorocha Keep Quiet When Serious Govs Are Talking — Obiano by kunlexy1759(m): 8:22am On Feb 02, 2017
D duo should stop d verbal war and face their governance business.
Re: Obiano Vs Okorocha: Okorocha Keep Quiet When Serious Govs Are Talking — Obiano by wise7(m): 8:24am On Feb 02, 2017
They are sick and have no one to tell them
Re: Obiano Vs Okorocha: Okorocha Keep Quiet When Serious Govs Are Talking — Obiano by ybalogs(m): 8:25am On Feb 02, 2017
Osupa vs Pasuma season 2.Who do you stand with? #IstandwuthOkorocha
Re: Obiano Vs Okorocha: Okorocha Keep Quiet When Serious Govs Are Talking — Obiano by Eledan: 8:26am On Feb 02, 2017
Biafran governors are not serious
Re: Obiano Vs Okorocha: Okorocha Keep Quiet When Serious Govs Are Talking — Obiano by LordMecuzy(m): 8:29am On Feb 02, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin lol
Re: Obiano Vs Okorocha: Okorocha Keep Quiet When Serious Govs Are Talking — Obiano by Oladimejyy(m): 8:31am On Feb 02, 2017
Igbos hate Okorocha because he join APC.well it okay. #ISTANDWITHBUHARI
Re: Obiano Vs Okorocha: Okorocha Keep Quiet When Serious Govs Are Talking — Obiano by Nobody: 8:32am On Feb 02, 2017
Each time I see Igbo leaders going for each other necks like this, I remember Okonkwo of Things fall apart. The Igbo are their own enemies and they don't know what they want.

If I am PMB, I will release Nnamdi Kalu and also organize a referendum to let Igbos determine if they want to exit from Nigeria. Nnamdi Kalu will be shocked that his kinsmen will betray him by voting to stay with Nigeria. The Igbos are so disunited and they don't even know what they want!

1 Like

Re: Obiano Vs Okorocha: Okorocha Keep Quiet When Serious Govs Are Talking — Obiano by sweerychick(f): 8:33am On Feb 02, 2017
Both governors willie and rochas should just shut the hell up and respect the office of a Governor. Look at grown men acting like kindergarten kids. Though I really blame the Imo state governor for his loudmouth. I don't know what governor rochas aims to achieve by lying about SE governors wanting to join APC. I think it's a deliberate attempt by him to sow a seed of discord in anambara state because of their upcoming gubernatorial elections in the state. undecided
Re: Obiano Vs Okorocha: Okorocha Keep Quiet When Serious Govs Are Talking — Obiano by sweerychick(f): 8:36am On Feb 02, 2017
factsandfigures:
Each time I see Igbo leaders going for each other necks like this, I remember Okonkwo of Things fall apart. The Igbo are their own enemies and they don't know what they want.

If I am PMB, I will release Nnamdi Kalu and also organize a referendum to let Igbos determine if they want to exit from Nigeria. Nnamdi Kalu will be shocked that his kinsmen will betray him by voting to stay with Nigeria. The Igbos are so disunited and they don't even know what they want!
don't bring all Igbos to your useless facts and figures ok. These are just shameless leaders that have been so intoxicated with greed and power undecided
Re: Obiano Vs Okorocha: Okorocha Keep Quiet When Serious Govs Are Talking — Obiano by jtjohn(m): 8:36am On Feb 02, 2017
What a cold war between two governors........
Re: Obiano Vs Okorocha: Okorocha Keep Quiet When Serious Govs Are Talking — Obiano by carzola(m): 8:47am On Feb 02, 2017
Shameless pot belly
Frauds....
They are the reason why we must
March with tuface.
Re: Obiano Vs Okorocha: Okorocha Keep Quiet When Serious Govs Are Talking — Obiano by RareDiamond: 8:47am On Feb 02, 2017
Obiano acted like someone who is senseless by first attacking Okorocha over his APC comment unlike other governors that responded maturely.

Both of them should shut up and stop disturbing us with their confusion.
Re: Obiano Vs Okorocha: Okorocha Keep Quiet When Serious Govs Are Talking — Obiano by vani86: 8:48am On Feb 02, 2017
I like this actually, it is called CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM, Okorocha thinks he is a Lord that should be worshipped and continually told he is the best thing since sliced bread therefore nothing he does is wrong, aided by sycophants like abagworo who whiser sweet nonsense in his ear. Maybe it is only someone at his level that can criticise him and he will take it serious.

Stuffs like this can push someone to get better
Re: Obiano Vs Okorocha: Okorocha Keep Quiet When Serious Govs Are Talking — Obiano by Oladimejyy(m): 9:06am On Feb 02, 2017
factsandfigures:

.Your post make sense but he cant be PMB and you can never be PMB.
#ISTANDWITHBUHARI
Re: Obiano Vs Okorocha: Okorocha Keep Quiet When Serious Govs Are Talking — Obiano by omofunaab(m): 11:11am On Feb 02, 2017
Okorocha said three governors were on their way to APC, most of the governors denied politely but Obiano aides went on an attacking mission. Okorocha too joined in

(1) (Reply)

Do You Think VP Osibanjo Can Rule The Country If This Happen.... / Elrufai Angry Over Destruction Of Army Structure In Southern Kaduna / If Nigeria Can Killed Dolphin For Pepper Soup What Can They Not Use For Suya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.