Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar (6110 Views)

Naira Exchanges At N49-N51 Per Yuan At First Auction Of Chinese Currency In Nig / Naira Exchanges At Record-low, N510 A Dollar / A Dollar Now N500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by Nobody: 7:37am On Feb 03, 2017
The president cannot handle the economy.period

2 Likes

Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by sylviaeo(f): 7:37am On Feb 03, 2017
chronique:

If this is good news to you, I'd suggest you take your brain to a mechanic workshop for diagnosis.
Abeg leave people wey suffering n smiling na their heritage
Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by alizma: 7:37am On Feb 03, 2017
9jakohai:
If we want N1 to $1.....we need a stable source of dollars. And exporting raw materials is not a stable source of dollars....which is why govt has to really walk the talk re diversification.
thank you very much. only those who know how we get here can make reasonable contribution on how we can get out of the situation.

1 Like

Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by ngwababe(f): 7:38am On Feb 03, 2017
emmachukwu99:
Who took us into this mess tongue

Tinubu!

2 Likes

Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by Nobody: 7:39am On Feb 03, 2017
Stewpid celebration of crass mediocrity!.....NEXT!!

1 Like

Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by MakeADifference: 7:40am On Feb 03, 2017
I liked this post cos of these kids, so much beauty and humanity is locked in the picture.

But when they grow? People like Buhari and his 36 failures will have wiped the smiles and beauty off their faces.

edlion57:
Second to comment....e der sweet oooo....pls when 1naira:1dollar una let me know...I standwithtubaba
Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by princetom1(m): 7:46am On Feb 03, 2017
NNVanguard:

Our problem centres on our primary production outputs which commands less price in the world market. If we can extend our production frontiers to processing and tertiary production, we will earn more revenue.

But our diversification of the economy have been rolling around crude oil.

What abt , we are the main problem? Interbank @ 306, blackvmarket aka bureau de change 498. Only in Nigeria. No matter if we have trillions, people in Nigeria don't care how things affect the naira or economy badly, as long as they make money through that backward means
Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by JennieCutie4U(f): 7:54am On Feb 03, 2017
and I will flog u again if u try it next time

Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by NNVanguard(m): 7:55am On Feb 03, 2017
princetom1:

What abt , we are the main problem? Interbank @ 306, blackvmarket aka bureau de change 498. Only in Nigeria. No matter if we have trillions, people in Nigeria don't care how things affect the naira or economy badly, as long as they make money through that backward means

There has always been a great differential limit between interbank rates and black market since time immemorial but it has never widened to this level. Who is to blame? This government. Am giving you just two reasons

1. Inability to make good forex policies to reflect demand and supply of the foreign market.

2. Use of DSS in harassing bureau de change operators. This is not 1984 where for DSS is used to bring about price stability. You can see this government lacks the technical economic team to solve this problem, it's not just the citizens.
Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by 2shur: 8:01am On Feb 03, 2017
why na.
when my bitcoins don appreciate to 4000$.
pls naira go up to 800 pls pls
Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by Beejay1117(m): 8:13am On Feb 03, 2017
Swizdoe:
I see no change
otoks come see oo
Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by Nbote(m): 9:07am On Feb 03, 2017
How can #498 to $1 b stability for heaven's sake wen dis govt sells to it's stooges for as low as #0.68 for $1!! After selling to demselves at those outrageous prices dey'll den resell to BDC's who in turn sell to u nd I at d "stable" price of #498.. And some morons kip talking about how clean dis govt is..
Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by SirAweezy(m): 9:24am On Feb 03, 2017
Who is even writing "stability" report on naira. I think it's ambiguous to use in this situation.
Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by otokx(m): 9:55am On Feb 03, 2017
johnstar:
Patiently waiting for 1$ to 1000

That is the real deal
Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by princetom1(m): 10:25am On Feb 03, 2017
NNVanguard:

There has always been a great differential limit between interbank rates and black market since time immemorial but it has never widened to this level. Who is to blame? This government. Am giving you just two reasons

1. Inability to make good forex policies to reflect demand and supply of the foreign market.

2. Use of DSS in harassing bureau de change operators. This is not 1984 where for DSS is used to bring about price stability. You can see this government lacks the technical economic team to solve this problem, it's not just the citizens.

In short, everyone is to blame, but we are our own enemy. In Nigeria, nothing seems to work, as long as the citizens are nigeria
Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by princetom1(m): 10:27am On Feb 03, 2017
Nbote:
How can #498 to $1 b stability for heaven's sake wen dis govt sells to it's stooges for as low as #0.68 for $1!! After selling to demselves at those outrageous prices dey'll den resell to BDC's who in turn sell to u nd I at d "stable" price of #498.. And some morons kip talking about how clean dis govt is..

Clean my ass. When its obvious its littered ... mmm
Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by medpren: 11:00am On Feb 03, 2017
More recession to zombie skulls in that useless country.
Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by piagetskinner(m): 11:03am On Feb 03, 2017
And this Is worth celebrating?...
Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by NNVanguard(m): 12:26pm On Feb 03, 2017
princetom1:

In short, everyone is to blame, but we are our own enemy. In Nigeria, nothing seems to work, as long as the citizens are nigeria

Not true. Once the head is sick h whole body is restless. that's what we saw today
Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by migeoart(f): 12:38pm On Feb 03, 2017
ruggedtimi:
Please wanted to know....Who else learned short hand at secondary sch and if You are using it

lolz//very funny question
Re: Naira Extends Stability At Major Forex Market, Exchanges At N498 To A Dollar by princetom1(m): 1:39pm On Feb 03, 2017
NNVanguard:

Not true. Once the head is sick h whole body is restless. that's what we saw today

The head, is a Nigerian (sic) too

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Make Lots Of Money From Transportation Business / Punters Rehab / How To Buy Bitcoins With Credit Cards Instantly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.