Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,028 members, 7,956,820 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:56 PM

I Just Lost Puppy Rot - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / I Just Lost Puppy Rot (905 Views)

Just Lost My Dog Now. / I Just Lost One Of My Precious Dogs (so Sad) / See The Tortoise I Just Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Lost Puppy Rot by samnaija: 5:56pm On Feb 02, 2017
let me first say becareful with those that call themselves vet.

i have never been a dog person from the beginning. but because of the way our country is with no security i was pratically dashed the puppy. i have been robbed in mu home.

my pup rot was close to 2 months plus very lively with a big appetite. grow very fast and friendly with my family. occasionally will fall sick but usually pulls thru..
acaccording to the vet he had given my pup the necssary vacinnation for her age range..
well she had her episode of throwing up . you ask for advice or read online people will say the same wait she will pull thru.
Re: I Just Lost Puppy Rot by samnaija: 6:04pm On Feb 02, 2017
never taught i could be attached to a dog on my life. my puppy will look into my eyes my guy i dey die. looking at her emacieted body and refusing t o eat only taking water. i reached out to the vet.

bring her in. which i did. my dog was jabbed with 4 injections my pup yelleped. i was toldit it was infection i said ok.

after collecting money for the injections i took
my dog home.
Re: I Just Lost Puppy Rot by samnaija: 6:09pm On Feb 02, 2017
atleast in my mind thats the best thing to do. next morning i called out to my pup. expecting her to run to my feet and lick my feet or carry her paws and tap me gentle. my guy i am hungry.. but instead she sluggishly came towards me and slumped.
Re: I Just Lost Puppy Rot by samnaija: 6:18pm On Feb 02, 2017
my morning don scatter and i have to go to work . i carried my pup and tried feeding her by hand. she will swallow some but will later throw up. i daw tears in my pups eye. my guy i dey pain.

went to work . then my wife called my pup sneaked into the house and was excreting blood. my work don scatter. people could see i was worred. what do you think i shoud i called the vet.
Re: I Just Lost Puppy Rot by samnaija: 6:24pm On Feb 02, 2017
vet promised will be around later in the day. i got home early. my pup was so lean and down. what i read online syringe and coconut water. i pumped my pup with the coconut milk. my pup sat up. could try lap small water. i was a bit relieved. then we heard the knock at the door.
Re: I Just Lost Puppy Rot by Baroba(m): 6:25pm On Feb 02, 2017
It looks like Parvo.. sorry bro
Re: I Just Lost Puppy Rot by BLACKCHARGER(m): 6:30pm On Feb 02, 2017
Baroba:
It looks like Parvo.. sorry bro
Re: I Just Lost Puppy Rot by samnaija: 6:42pm On Feb 02, 2017
vet came in . injections in his hand. told him about the blood she excreted. well my dog was jabbed again 4 times. we were told to continue with the syringe feeding. he left . 30 mins my pup startered breathing rapidly. i was seeing pup going. she found it difficult to breathe. funny as it sounds i started chest compression on my pup. my pup was just managing as i was assisting her to breath. my wife called the vet my pup looked up at me one more time then yelled. the vet on speaker phone asked was that the dog. no its the cat.
Re: I Just Lost Puppy Rot by samnaija: 6:50pm On Feb 02, 2017
all this happened just 3 hrs ago. i no get puppy any more . my guy its painful but when u remeber peoples advice wait it out. you will feel like punching yourself. miss my baby pup theatcher RIP...

1 Share

Re: I Just Lost Puppy Rot by cedar3: 11:33pm On Feb 02, 2017
so sorry 4 ur loss, it must have been parvo.
Re: I Just Lost Puppy Rot by babythug(f): 11:51pm On Feb 02, 2017
So sorry about this !
Re: I Just Lost Puppy Rot by BoleAndFish: 1:28am On Feb 03, 2017
Chai this is painful. Sorry for your loss brother. You can always get another one
Re: I Just Lost Puppy Rot by mayor2013: 2:27am On Feb 03, 2017
A typical case of parvo virus. Most Rott are prone to this. Sorry for your loss. Next time never call the intervention of a vet during a parvo case.

1 Like

Re: I Just Lost Puppy Rot by BoleAndFish: 2:00pm On Feb 03, 2017
mayor2013:
A typical case of parvo virus. Most Rott are prone to this. Sorry for your loss. Next time never call the intervention of a vet during a parvo case.
Why? I thought vets should be in the best position to treat such.
Re: I Just Lost Puppy Rot by mayor2013: 2:08pm On Feb 03, 2017
BoleAndFish:
Why? I thought vets should be in the best position to treat such.

Most of them don't even know whe parvo sets in. One thing I have come to realise is the fact that these vets are the ones sometimes who transmit this parvo virus front their own sick pups. Am talking from experience

1 Like

Re: I Just Lost Puppy Rot by Springforth: 3:53pm On Feb 03, 2017
Everybody gets it confusing. Not everyone who says he can inject an animal is a vet.
Re: I Just Lost Puppy Rot by samnaija: 6:51pm On Feb 03, 2017
mayor2013:

Most of them don't even know whe parvo sets in. One thing I have come to realise is the fact that these vets are the ones sometimes who transmit this parvo virus front their own sick pups. Am talking from experience

i think u re right. carrying your dog the vet exposes them to so many things. because like i said i have never had a dog in my compd. .
Re: I Just Lost Puppy Rot by BoleAndFish: 8:52pm On Feb 03, 2017
mayor2013:

Wow shocked that's so not cool.

What will you advise one to do should his dog contact the parvo virus?
Re: I Just Lost Puppy Rot by Timi141: 11:28pm On Feb 03, 2017
Taking your dog to the vet's compound might not be a good idea for puppies next time find one that does house calls. BTW sorry for your loss.
Re: I Just Lost Puppy Rot by mayor2013: 3:52am On Feb 04, 2017
BoleAndFish:
Wow shocked that's so not cool.

What will you advise one to do should his dog contact the parvo virus?

Very simple if you can do it. But rottweiler have come to realise do not have a stronger immune system against parvo virus

1 Like

Re: I Just Lost Puppy Rot by BoleAndFish: 8:22am On Feb 04, 2017
mayor2013:

Very simple if you can do it. But rottweiler have come to realise do not have a stronger immune system against parvo virus
Lol anyone will do anything within his capacity to save his dog na

(1) (Reply)

Neapolitan Mastiff For Stud Services(mating). / Top 3 Most Dangreous Dog Breed In The World / 11 Months Old Male Lhasa Apso For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.