Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,659 members, 7,851,253 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:54 PM

Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. (2194 Views)

Okorocha Has Abandoned Imo For His Son-in-law, He Should Resign – Onuegbu / Saraki’s Poor Defence: Why He Should Resign Or Be Impeached / Ten Reasons Why Buhari Will Succeed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by paddylo1(m): 4:41am On Dec 07, 2009
You must be the only that sees what others dont see.
Please, tell me one thing that is functioning, i mean just one?
Tell me pls any reasonable law or anything that has passed that makes sense?
So what exactly about Yaradua is good for Nigeria, a leader that has been off power for how long now, a man that has been in power for years and nothing to show for it, or a leader that has nothing to offer?
Please tell me, and i beg you, dont tell me he brought the nation together, cos there seems to be more tense in that nation than ever.

u can see my post above. . .
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by Fhemmmy: 4:44am On Dec 07, 2009
paddy_lo:

u can eeeek all u want,

u and i know america has had,more sick leaders than yaradua that didnt resign

if anything like i said this incident shows the relative stability of our system

if u are looking for a strongman. . .go to mubaraks egypt,biyas cameroon,mugabes zimbabwe,dos santos angola,bongos gabon,the new military fool in guinea,libyas qaddaffi,etiopias zelawi,congos kabilla,the military fool in niger and chad,sudans bashir,mauritanias despots,ugandas mousiveni,rwandas kigame,i could go on but i think u get the point

Nigeria may not be perfect,but its system is such that no tin-pot dictator is welcome here

let yar'adua get well and finish his term,in the meantime the democratic institutions in the country are holding up quite well

and i expect another shriek from u,since u have nothing intelligent to come up with

Nice post, but like i said, tell me one thing that is working in Nigeria.
Just one and i beg you, dont tell me about GSM, cos even GSM aint working the way it ought to be.
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by Fhemmmy: 4:49am On Dec 07, 2009
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-362621.0.html

check that thread out and tell me, if that is one of the things that are working in Nigeria.

There could have been some sick president in the past or present of America, but they dont have to be flown to another nation across the sea to take care of them, that alone shows that nothing is working, cos if a nation like Nigeria can have a medical team that can take care of her president within the nation, that is pathetic.
2. Americans wont have to worry that if their sick baby die, it might cause wahala, cos it is not yet the turn of "ibo" to rule as the Hausa still have more years on their "allocated" years of reign.
That alone is a sad thing.
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by paddylo1(m): 4:54am On Dec 07, 2009
Nice post, but like i said, tell me one thing that is working in Nigeria.
Just one and i beg you, dont tell me about GSM, cos even GSM aint working the way it ought to be.

see u just showed your bias. . go to the link i provide and read the 2 articles there below
http://www.businessdayonline.com/

one titled better time for phone users,and the other mobile internet usage soars

but according to u its small potatoes so. . .i will let u know that

nigeria is growing at 5% per annum for 2009,and growth is expected to accelerate next yr

sanusis banking reforms is a necessarry pill to swallow,which has been done

the niger delta crisis has been resolved peacefully

there is massive investment going on in lagos and rivers states,with a new lng scheduled for brass

now if u are abroad,u will know that the federal govt doesnt have to do anything for u
(ask kobojunkie he/she will tell u),they just have to provide defense,security,proper laws,and the states do most of the heavy lifting

2 things that should be done immediately is the deregulation of the oil industry which yaradua is working on

and deregulation of power. . .thats it
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by paddylo1(m): 4:59am On Dec 07, 2009
There could have been some sick president in the past or present of America, but they dont have to be flown to another nation across the sea to take care of them, that alone shows that nothing is working, cos if a nation like Nigeria can have a medical team that can take care of her president within the nation, that is pathetic.
2. Americans wont have to worry that if their sick baby die, it might cause wahala, cos it is not yet the turn of "ibo" to rule as the Hausa still have more years on their "allocated" years of reign.
That alone is a sad thing.

u should be more interested in having a system that doesnt care if one man falls sick or not

nigeria is made up of 36 states,and if all states are performing optimally,nobody would care if yaradua is gone for 30days

i dont know what u mean by nothing is working,but ppl in lagos seem to love their governor

u should talk about replicating that all over nigeria

yar adua as 1 man cannot solve Nigerias problems

u should know that by now
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by Kobojunkie: 5:02am On Dec 07, 2009
paddy_lo:

[b]u can eeeek all u want,

And there you shoot yourself in the foot right before you even start.
a) YOU CANNOT compare Nigeria, or anything NIGERIA, to America at this time, or else you lose  any ability to say something substantial even before you start
b) If you BOTHERED to read my posts so far on this issue, you would be willing to admit that I am not of the belief that his ILLNESS is NECESSARILY the problem here

paddy_lo:

if anything like i said this incident shows the relative stability of our system
How does it show this? The Same SYSTEM was running right when Obasanjo was in office, was it also STABLE back then? What exactly . . . .  How exactly do you define relative Stability?

paddy_lo:

if u are looking for a strongman. . .go to mubaraks egypt,biyas cameroon,mugabes zimbabwe,dos santos angola,bongos gabon,the new military fool in guinea,libyas qaddaffi,etiopias zelawi,congos kabilla,the military fool in niger and chad,sudans bashir,mauritanias despots,ugandas mousiveni,rwandas kigame,i could go on but i think u get the point
Did you bother asking the @Poster what his definition of STRONG MAN is? I believe his comment was that we needed someone of STRONG CHARACTER, not a STRONG MAN.  
In fact, we would need a definition of STRONG MAN or even STRONG CHARACTER(only the second seems self explanatory in this case), before we can go on.

paddy_lo:

Nigeria may not be perfect,but its system is such that no tin-pot dictator is welcome here
WHAT?  

paddy_lo:

let yar'adua get well and finish his term,in the meantime the democratic institutions in the country are holding up quite well and i expect another shriek from u,since u have nothing intelligent to come up with[/b]

So, it is OK that these so called “democratic SYSTEMS” are running the country by circumventing the will of the people every way they can? I don’t understand what you mean when you say they are running and holding up QUITE WELL. DO explain.
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by Fhemmmy: 5:04am On Dec 07, 2009
paddy_lo:

see u just showed your bias. . go to the link i provide and read the 2 articles there below
http://www.businessdayonline.com/

one titled better time for phone users,and the other mobile internet usage soars

but according to u its small potatoes so. . .i will let u know that

nigeria is growing at 5% per annum for 2009,and growth is expected to accelerate next yr

sanusis banking reforms is a necessarry pill to swallow,which has been done

the niger delta crisis has been resolved peacefully

there is massive investment going on in lagos and rivers states,with a new lng scheduled for brass

now if u are abroad,u will know that the federal govt doesnt have to do anything for u
(ask kobojunkie he/she will tell u),they just have to provide defense,security,proper laws,and the states do most of the heavy lifting

2 things that should be done immediately is the deregulation of the oil industry which yaradua is working on

and deregulation of power. . .thats it

Thanks for the post Sir, as long as we keep it clean, we will have fun talking and exchanging views, but pls, no name calling, i can only yab Nija and no one else.
Now, on the peaceful resolution of N-Delta, wait till Yaradua kicks the bucket, then, we will know if there is peace or not.
Regarding the GSM and the Mobile internet usage, these are not the effort of the govt as a matter of fact, when they gave the license, to them, it was just another way for them to collect some money and move on, most of the govt official, never knew what they were signing, thank God it has improved comms, and i will never doubt that, but can u imagine how much money is being lost per day cos of bad internet connection, some banks still cant carry out some transaction all cos their connection is either slow, or too busy to handle the traffic.
These are all things that are more than necessary and important for a nation of such magnitude.
Now tell me, with all the billions of $$ that has been spent and yet no one can move from a place to another witout the noise of all those made in ajegunle generator, for how long are gonna be doing that and expect growth.
The kinda grow you talking about for 2009 shocked me, so it is either some people are cooking the books for you, or they have given us all some glasses to read some kinda figure that just aint there.
2009 is the year that most of the overstated books of the banks have crashed, so i will like to know where the growth came from.
Most of the coys in Nigeria has seen drastic loses.
Oil was sold in 2008 for over 100$ per barrel and in 2009 went as low as 56$, meaning it will surely affect the oil coys in Nigeria.
The GSM coy has been affected.
The Agricultural sector could be enjoying, but men are hungry and cant till the land, and we are not that mechanized to do jack
Nigerian foreign reserve has been affected so bad.
So where is the growth?
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by Kobojunkie: 5:04am On Dec 07, 2009
You know what, after reading through some of your other posts, I think it is better we just accept we do not see things through the same goggles @Paddy_lo. Thanks for taking time to post a response but if you don't mind, can we please SEE OTHER PEOPLE? thanks!
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by Fhemmmy: 5:10am On Dec 07, 2009
paddy_lo:

u should be more interested in having a system that doesnt care if one man falls sick or not

nigeria is made up of 36 states,and if all states are performing optimally,nobody would care if yaradua is gone for 30days

i dont know what u mean by nothing is working,but ppl in lagos seem to love their governor

I will like to see a nation where what happened to the head will not destroy the nation, however, there is no nation in the world that whatever happens to the leader will not affect the followers, the tactics to destroy any set up, is get the head and the body will be useless.
Nigeria is 36 states and like you said, if they are all doing their jobs well, yaradua's health or being away for 30 days shd not be a problem, yet it is shd be a problem, cos he is the head, and the north dont even wanna see an ibo man at the helm of power and that is sad.
Now you said the lagosians are happy with the governor, that is one state out of how many?
Tell me any reasonable progress that has come out of Ekiti state?
What is useful about Ogun, and some other states, like Kaduna, Yaradua was the messiah of Katsina, yet some kids are still sitting under the tree to learn, in the sun?
I just wanna see the growth and if i can see it, i will give up.
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by paddylo1(m): 5:12am On Dec 07, 2009
YOU CANNOT compare Nigeria, or anything NIGERIA, to America at this time, or else you lose  any ability to say something substantial even before you start

if u say i cannot compare Nigeria to america. . then that doesnt make sense,cause we are trying to be a developed nation like them
and ppl on here routinely compare nigeria and the west in terms of governance and infrastructure,so why the double standard now?

How does it show this? The Same SYSTEM was running right when Obasanjo was in office, was it also STABLE back then? What exactly . . . .  How exactly do you define relative Stability?
did obasanjo get his third term?. . .No, do u know that some of the crackpot dictators i mentioned in my post have been ruling for more than 20yrs,with muzzled opposition and press?.  .so stop with the everything naija bad mantra. . it does not jive with the facts on the ground

Did you bother asking the @Poster what his definition of STRONG MAN is? I believe his comment was that we needed someone of STRONG CHARACTER, not a STRONG MAN.  
In fact, we would need a definition of STRONG MAN or even STRONG CHARACTER(only the second seems self explanatory in this case), before we can go on.

splitting hairs here. . we all know what a strong man means in the naija context
WHAT?

see my second post above. .
So, it is OK that these so called “democratic SYSTEMS” are running the country by circumventing the will of the people every way they can? I don’t understand what you mean when you say they are running and holding up QUITE WELL. DO explain.
when i say holding up,i mean u dont see no illiterate soldier trying to shoot his way into power like they did in guinea recently,and killing 150 opposition members
the press is still buzzing with opinion freely,both online and off. . u dont see any iran crackdown do u?
the national assembly is on,the supreme court is on. . so what dont u understand by me saying the system is holding up?
lest u forget,if this happened just some 10yrs ago,u would have had rumblings of coup. .and the like. .not now,cause nobody is in the mood for that
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by paddylo1(m): 5:20am On Dec 07, 2009
Thanks for the post Sir, as long as we keep it clean, we will have fun talking and exchanging views, but pls, no name calling, i can only yab Nija and no one else.
Now, on the peaceful resolution of N-Delta, wait till Yaradua kicks the bucket, then, we will know if there is peace or not.
Regarding the GSM and the Mobile internet usage, these are not the effort of the govt as a matter of fact, when they gave the license, to them, it was just another way for them to collect some money and move on, most of the govt official, never knew what they were signing, thank God it has improved comms, and i will never doubt that, but can u imagine how much money is being lost per day cos of bad internet connection, some banks still cant carry out some transaction all cos their connection is either slow, or too busy to handle the traffic.
These are all things that are more than necessary and important for a nation of such magnitude.
Now tell me, with all the billions of $$ that has been spent and yet no one can move from a place to another witout the noise of all those made in ajegunle generator, for how long are gonna be doing that and expect growth.
The kinda grow you talking about for 2009 shocked me, so it is either some people are cooking the books for you, or they have given us all some glasses to read some kinda figure that just aint there.
2009 is the year that most of the overstated books of the banks have crashed, so i will like to know where the growth came from.
Most of the coys in Nigeria has seen drastic loses.
Oil was sold in 2008 for over 100$ per barrel and in 2009 went as low as 56$, meaning it will surely affect the oil coys in Nigeria.
The GSM coy has been affected.
The Agricultural sector could be enjoying, but men are hungry and cant till the land, and we are not that mechanized to do jack
Nigerian foreign reserve has been affected so bad.
So where is the growth?

growth is mainly non-oil agriculture and telecoms and other sectors. . oil prices also rebounded for the yr from a low of $35 to $75
the figures are world bank figures and estimates not mine. . they were also actually revised up sometime last month. .
the generator issue is a problem and i said the sector has to be deregulated
Nigerian foriegn reserves are stable at $42bln and expected to rise into next yr
below is Nigerian GDP breakdown. . see that oil is only about 17percent or so
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by Fhemmmy: 5:25am On Dec 07, 2009
Hahahahahaha.
Another cooked book, UN wont go to the bush in Nigeria to see what is happening there, they will depend on the "data" that are collected by the drunk dataman.
Even the FG has annouced throughout 2009 that the federal reserve has gone down, so where do you get your data.
A nation that hs grow so much and yet nothing to show for the growth.
There has been constructions, and that is only residential and a little of offices, and most of the homes are not even affordable.
My point is the growth are supposed to be seen and enjoy by all, but not in Nigeria.
When there are growth in other nation, even the begger on the street see more money in his bowl, Charitable org gets more donations and 2009 has been a year like no other and everyone is still crying.
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by paddylo1(m): 5:28am On Dec 07, 2009
contd from above, oil production has also rebounded from a low of about 1.2million bpd to about 2.4million bpd as we speak. . .
as for the GSM. . sir that is how it is done all over the world.  .trust me u dont want govt running anything,because they dont know how to run business
well niger delta is a good thing that happened. . if there was no amnesty,u would be saying its bad they are blowing up things,now we have peace u say its a bad thing waiting to happen. . thats not a fair statement
gsm or telecomms is still growing albeit at a lower pace,and construction activity in nigeria is poised to be one of the most active in the world in yrs to come. .
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by paddylo1(m): 5:35am On Dec 07, 2009
Hahahahahaha.
Another cooked book, UN wont go to the bush in Nigeria to see what is happening there, they will depend on the "data" that are collected by the drunk dataman.
Even the FG has annouced throughout 2009 that the federal reserve has gone down, so where do you get your data.

its not hard to calculate growth in an economy from m2(money supply)agric output,construction and inflation rates. . so these are not cooked figures like u claim

as for our reserves see link below
http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/12186/1/Nigerias-foreign-reserves-now-432b/Page1.html
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by paddylo1(m): 5:42am On Dec 07, 2009
You know what, after reading through some of your other posts, I think it is better[b] we just accept we do not see things through the same goggles [/b]@Paddy_lo. Thanks for taking time to post a response but if you don't mind, can we please SEE OTHER PEOPLE? thanks!

suit yourself. . but u dont learn much by only seeking out ppl of like minds and agreeing with them all the time. .

u run the risk of being as shallow as the average dumb fox news or limbaugh dittohead. .
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by oyinda3(f): 5:50am On Dec 07, 2009
I strongly agree with paddy_lo on this. Yaradua might be sick but definitely better than having a Abacha or Obasanjo. I though I was the only one who thought that way. lol
my hope is that in the next elections, we will get someone like Fashola.

we just accept we do not see things through the same goggles

very good quote. not every one sees things in the same way.
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by Kobojunkie: 5:56am On Dec 07, 2009
paddy_lo:

suit yourself. . but u dont learn much by only seeking out ppl of like minds and agreeing with them all the time. .

u run the risk of being as shallow as the average dumb fox news or limbaugh dittohead. .

Dude, I am here trying to run away from you because you come off as one of the shallow averafe dumb fox news or limbaugh dittoheads to me. shocked You are here insulting them when I already see YOU as belonging to that very clan, lsn't that funny!!

I simply prefer seeking out people who are willing to argue their side RATIONALLY, from a 360 degree point) not offer me ZOMBIE retorts. I hate those. . . . I mean that you believe cell phone and internet tech in Nigeria today are testaments that Nigerian government is doing well already tells me TOO MUCH of what you have to offer me.

By the way, did you know that Obasanjo is the one who OPENED the door to the many foreign PRIVATE COMPANIES who made these technologies possible today? Also, There have been so many investors in Nigeria even while we were under millitary rule, did you know that? I mean I just hate debating the ONE-SIDED take on Nigeria and development. It is OLD to me now. I don't know how many ways one can argue or debate development in Nigeria with the "LAGOS ISLAND/ABUJA CENTRAL/PORT-HARCOURT (AGAIN) IS IMPROVING EQUALS NIGERIA IS DEVELOPING" crowd. I remember arguing with the same mindset back in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, and now 2009. It is always the same points argued --- they never seem to really change much year after year. I have no plans of taking that habit of mine into 2010. You get tired of it after a while, and I am. Hence the reason why I simply chose to bow out but since you suspected that meant I WAS THE ONE WITH THE ISSUE, I felt to let you know WHY I actually chose to do that.
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by IVORY2009(m): 6:47am On Dec 07, 2009
Listen, anybody can fall sick anytime, y should he resign?!
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by rasputinn(m): 8:11am On Dec 07, 2009
IVORY2009:

Listen, anybody can fall sick anytime, y should he resign?!

Apart from the obvious answer of non-performance and stagnation in governance,at least so he could free himself of the larger-than-Yar Adua wahala of Nigeria and go take good care of himself so he doesn't die in office
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by vowiski(m): 10:59am On Dec 07, 2009
Anyone thinking Mr. President would resign is obviously living in a word of illusion.
Didn't the Deputy senate president say he can rule for one year from Saudi Arabia?
  lets keep Dreaming. cool
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by paddylo1(m): 3:26pm On Dec 07, 2009
Dude, I am here trying to run away from you because you come off as one of the shallow averafe dumb fox news or limbaugh dittoheads to me.   You are here insulting them when I already see YOU as belonging to that very clan, lsn't that funny!!

I simply prefer seeking out people who are willing to argue their side RATIONALLY, from a 360 degree point) not offer me ZOMBIE retorts. I hate those. . . . I mean that you believe cell phone and internet tech in Nigeria today are testaments that Nigerian government is doing well already tells me TOO MUCH of what you have to offer me.

By the way, did you know that Obasanjo is the one who OPENED the door to the many foreign PRIVATE COMPANIES who made these technologies possible today? Also, There have been so many investors in Nigeria even while we were under millitary rule, did you know that? I mean I just hate debating the ONE-SIDED take on Nigeria and development. It is OLD to me now. I don't know how many ways one can argue or debate development in Nigeria with the "LAGOS ISLAND/ABUJA CENTRAL/PORT-HARCOURT (AGAIN) IS IMPROVING EQUALS NIGERIA IS DEVELOPING" crowd. I remember arguing with the same mindset back in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, and now 2009. It is always the same points argued --- they never seem to really change much year after year. I have no plans of taking that habit of mine into 2010.  You get tired of it after a while, and I am. Hence the reason why I simply chose to bow out but since you suspected that meant I WAS THE ONE WITH THE ISSUE, I felt to let you know WHY I actually chose to do that.

what u think or believe is not the point. . .i bring u facts and figures,instead u choose to argue semantics and get emotional. .

i am sure that the obasanjo u are praising now,that during his tenure u were bashing him. . .u are the dittohead,with nothing in naija works mentality

meanwhile GDP has quardrupled,and GDP/capita has tripled in the last 10yrs. . .

u claim u are in ohio. . .well isnt unemployment in ohio more than 8%. . .more than the national average and isnt ohio a basket case?

why not come tell nigerians about the hard times that  is facing ppl where u live,instead of bashing our country

from your reply i see u know nothing about how an economy should work,or perhaps u are a closet socialist

caplital will go,where capital is treated most and will get the most return,if lagos,abuja and portharcourt attract capital and FDI,its because that is how things work in a capitalist society
Also, There have been so many investors in Nigeria even while we were under millitary rule, did you know that?

check the link below and see what military rule did to us,u must not be serious comparing this period of relative growth in our economy to the stagnation of military rule frrom 1980-2000 (as a matter of fact u must have lost your damn mind to make such a comparison)

http://www.google.com/publicdata?ds=wb-wdi&met=ny_gdp_mktp_cd&idim=country:NGA&tstart=-315619200000&tunit=Y&tlen=48

so dont tell me about having any ISSUE,since u are incapable of providing any facts or figures to back up your rant. . .
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by lipuka(m): 3:37pm On Dec 07, 2009
I do not think Ya ardua should resign just because some politicians have said so. They have their own reasons and ambitions for suggesting such a thing. The Constitution can deal with the matter. Nigerians knew his conditions even before he was elected. So did the politicians. The problems of the last elections in 2007 have not been fully sorted out. Any fresh elections now could bring about fresh problems. And remember, the North indicated earlier in the year, that they would not allow the presidency to leave them if Ya ardua quit
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by Kobojunkie: 3:40pm On Dec 07, 2009
paddy_lo:

what u think or believe is not the point. . .i bring u facts and figures,instead u choose to argue semantics and get emotional. .

Dude, I LIVED these FACTS AND FIGURES OF YOURS . . . . Millions of Nigerians LIVE these facts and figures of yours and NOT MUCH has changed for them in decades. Do you realize that in the last 10 years alone, the population of VERY POOR has greatly increased as against those who can get by? Come on!!! It is not rocket science to figure out that in Nigeria, something is not right when we are continually told year after year that there is growth but there is next to no trickle down effect being noted.

paddy_lo:

i am sure that the obasanjo u are praising now,that during his tenure u were bashing him. . .u are the dittohead,with nothing in naija works mentality
ROFLMAO!!!!

Glad to see that JUMPING TO CALLING ME the dittohead is not far from you.
I didn’t praise Obasanjo, neither did I BASH him or any of them. I know to folks like you out there, it is either you are a lover or HATER, but I hate to break it to you, it is possible to simply FOCUS on issues rather than PERSONALITIES when it comes to discussing politics, or just about anything in life. Obasanjo is just another leader whose record speaks VOLUMES for him. I don’t think anyone needs to lower his/her self to bashing or praising the man. All one needs to do is point out the facts and let that speak for itself.

I simply stated what I know to be the case. The very projects you attribute to the current administration was started actually started and most likely signed by Obasanjo government. There is NO NEED to ROB him out of spite or ignorance of that. No need to ROB the man of his so you can paint a rosy picture of another.

Oh, by the way, when adults are discussing politics or most any topic. It does not all come down to “I LIKE THIS PERSON --- I DON’T LIKE THIS PERSON”. Stating the mistakes a certain government agent has made IS NOT same as BASHING the personality, it is simply STATING mistakes/errors made, OK?

And this is where I will stop with this because I have had my fill of DITTOHEAD-mania, you offer me nOthing different from what the so called DITTOHEADS on Fox would if I were having this debate with them.
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by benedictac(f): 4:18pm On Dec 07, 2009
from what this man is suffering from, i dont think he can even rule his family let alone a country like Nigeria. He is suffering from pericarditis it is a sickness that has to do with the membrane enclosing the heart. I pray he gets well as a husband, father etc. but he should resign and let's move forward.
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by pacodas: 4:34pm On Dec 07, 2009
paddy_lo:

we dont need no strong man. . .we need strong institutions

i actually think this yar'adua issue has been good for naija democracy. . .

the senate is functioning,the judiciary is functioning,and the executive council is meeting

these are all co-equal branches of govt

so lets try and move on. . .

-Weak men like our president set up weak institutions whilst Strong institutions are set up by strong characters and men - so you got it wrong there

-Good for DEMO WHAT? You must be joking because his situation is more or less like b4 cos since he assume that post dis country has been on auto pilot with auto remote by some selfish individual with selfish interests. This shows in his choice of things. You see why we need strong character?

- Senate Functioning? We have a senate full of political thugs and rogues forget it this is no senate except few outstanding individuals.

-Go read your government text book

- We can move when the car is rolling downhill with more or less an unconscious driver. WHAT WE HAVE TO DO IS CHANGE THE DRIVER!
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by pacodas: 4:54pm On Dec 07, 2009
paddy_lo:

u can eeeek all u want,

let yar'adua get well and finish his term,in the meantime the democratic institutions in the country are holding up quite well

and i expect another shriek from u,since u have nothing intelligent to come up with

-You got it wrong Though we shouldn't compare with America yet American has never had a president that is sick in body and soul. US presidents are usually strong characters, even when a strong character is sick he still has influence and control over his subjects remember Kennedy, Castro, etc but ours is weak in body and soul.

-Stability? in terms of what? is it Niger Delta Issue, Power, Northern Fundamentalists etc, my friend what is still keeping this country together is because Majority of the mass are peace loving.

- You got it wrong, you think strong characters are dictators and military juntas. Nope people like AWO, Obama, Church hill, Ziks are strong characters that have influence and makes decisions when it matters.

-Strong characters aren't dictators

-We wish well but he should resign, moreover we have little or no democratic institution in this country do ur checks and tell me any institution that deserves that name in the government/public sector.

- You should expect it b/cos you talk no sense
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by pacodas: 5:08pm On Dec 07, 2009
paddy_lo:

-Now u are talking sense. Who will set up that system?

- You cannot say that because in Nigeria's context the federal govt has much responsiblities unlike in US where they are concerned with defense, International affairs and few other duties

-Yar'Adua is already one of Nigeria's problems, talk more of other problems, He shouldn't compound it by hanging on there.
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by Kobojunkie: 5:19pm On Dec 07, 2009
pacodas:

-Now u are talking sense. Who will set up that system?

- You cannot say that because in Nigeria's context the federal govt has much responsiblities unlike in US where they are concerned with defense, International affairs and few other duties

-Yar'Adua is already one of Nigeria's problems, talk more of other problems, He shouldn't compound it by hanging on there.

How can one be TALKING sense when the idea being spewed is that the office of president become a CEREMONIAL one? Is that what is obtained in other democracies ( assuming we are still playing the COMPARE with others when CONVENIENT game)? Don't we have enough of those ceremonial positions( obas, obis, emirs) already?

The man DID NOT fall sick while in office, he was ILL even before he took office. The problem is NOT his illness, but the mere fact that the man has managed to, in a period of 2.5 years forced the country into a stagnant situation. If he(yar adua) wants to claim his ILLNESS did it, then we can focus on booting him out as a man too sick to perform his duties, a move definitely in accordance with the constitution.
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by pacodas: 5:43pm On Dec 07, 2009
Kobojunkie:

How can one be TALKING sense when the idea being spewed is that the office of president become a CEREMONIAL one? Is that what is obtained in other democracies ( assuming we are still playing the COMPARE with others when CONVENIENT game)? Don't we have enough of those ceremonial positions( obas, obis, emirs) already?

The man DID NOT fall sick while in office, he was ILL even before he took office. The problem is NOT his illness, but the mere fact that the man has managed to, in a period of 2.5 years forced the country into a stagnant situation. If he(yar adua) wants to claim his ILLNESS did it, then we can focus on booting him out as a man too sick to perform his duties, a move definitely in accordance with the constitution.

-paddy_lo has not been talking much sense, that the only little sense he had talked

-Office of the president can not be ceremonial else its no longer Presidential system of govt but our state govts should assume more responsiblities such as power, health, control of resources etc

-Thats why I said he has added to our problems instead of alleviating them.
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by Kobojunkie: 5:48pm On Dec 07, 2009
I agree that state governments should have more power but that should not in anyway mean that a president can take 30 days off without someone at the helms of affairs. A Office of President is not meant for figureheads that can take off whenever he/she wants. Presidents have roles and responsibilities to the nation as a whole and it makes no sense to ask for a FIGUREHEAD office. Imagine whatt would happen if Obama, or any other president in a functioning democracy took 30 days to get away from seat, leaving no one there to handle issues. If that happened in the 16th century, we would be invaded by the next kingdom and made slaves, or even COLONIZED without so much as a fight. Roflmao!!
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by pacodas: 6:02pm On Dec 07, 2009
Yea I believe that reducing the functions of the president to very important ones like security, etc will help make the job of the presidency a lot better. But as you rightly said the President cannot leave the country for a long period of time. But in Yar'Adua case he is more or less dormant whether in the country or not hence the need for him to quit.
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by rasputinn(m): 7:42pm On Dec 07, 2009
vowiski:

Anyone thinking Mr. President would resign is obviously living in a word of illusion.
Didn't the Deputy senate president say he can rule for one year from Saudi Arabia?
lets keep Dreaming. cool

Mmmm,mmm, shakes head and who says he will resign or that the only way he'd leave that seat was only via resignation.Did Abacha resign

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram Shooting In Abuja / All Gej Has Achieved Is Fill The Pockets Of His Beafs With Blood Money / Biafra Republic Would Be A Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.