Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,260 members, 7,829,521 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. (2187 Views)

Okorocha Has Abandoned Imo For His Son-in-law, He Should Resign – Onuegbu / Saraki’s Poor Defence: Why He Should Resign Or Be Impeached / Ten Reasons Why Buhari Will Succeed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by pacodas: 8:19pm On Dec 02, 2009
Ten reasons why Yar'Adua should resign.
Who knows after reading these reasons his advisers will advise him on the best thing to do.

1) He is Seriously Sick
2) He has made Nigeria's situation Worse than he met it
3) He has Failed to declare STATE OF EMERGENCY ON POWER
4) He has not implemented any one of his seven point agendas
5) He lack the strong character to rule this country
6) To Take care of his health better
7) To Stop Nigerians from panicking and speculating anytime he travels outside
cool Because it is the wisest thing to do.
9) For Nigeria's Sake
10)For Posterity Sake.
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by Parohfrey(f): 8:19pm On Dec 02, 2009
stale news.
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by pacodas: 8:28pm On Dec 02, 2009
Paroh_frey:

stale news.

Stale Opinion
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by Kay17: 8:32pm On Dec 02, 2009
isn't he responsible enough to resign?
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by pacodas: 8:46pm On Dec 02, 2009
Kay 17:

isn't he responsible enough to resign?

I wonder
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:49pm On Dec 02, 2009
Since when have you known West/East/Southern  African Presidents to Resign due to ill-health or insanity?  grin grin grin grin

Infact throughout Africa's history how many presidents have resign because they were unfit (physically,mentally and spiritually) to run the office of the President. abeg leave news, the guy will either be ousted through another Military Coup (make i hear u say e no fit happen again) or simply die like his predecessors  grin
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by Kobojunkie: 8:50pm On Dec 02, 2009
Why should he Resign? The same man did 8 SOLID years prior with next to no ACHIEVEMENT to show for all that time, why EXPECT him to RESIGN of his own accord now?
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by pacodas: 8:58pm On Dec 02, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Why should he Resign? The same man did 8 SOLID years prior with next to no ACHIEVEMENT to show for all that time, why EXPECT him to RESIGN of his own accord now?

Because Nigeria is far to big and difficult to rule compared to Katsina. Moreover his health has deteriorated
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by Kobojunkie: 9:06pm On Dec 02, 2009
pacodas:

Because Nigeria is far to big and difficult to rule compared to Katsina. Moreover his health has deteriorated

a) If we sit expecting this man to come out and resign, then I think we are the SICK ONES in this case

b) The man knew of his situation prior to taking office. I don't believe the illness is REASON enough for his lack of performance. They are two different things and so I don't believe we can constitutionally state he is UNFIT to continue on the basis of his health

c) He screwed up mega as State Governor of Katsina ( ignore what those who are mesmerized by his "HONESTY" back then say and check the facts yourself), why would someone like that be able to handle BIGGER responsibility when he could not even handle Katsina?
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by pacodas: 9:14pm On Dec 02, 2009
Kobojunkie:

a) If we sit expecting this man to come out and resign, then I think we are the SICK ONES in this case

b) The man knew of his situation prior to taking office. I don't believe the illness is REASON enough for his lack of performance. They are two different things and so I don't believe we can constitutionally state he is UNFIT to continue on the basis of his health

c) He screwed up mega as State Governor of Katsina ( ignore what those who are mesmerized by his "HONESTY" back then say and check the facts yourself), why would someone like that be able to handle BIGGER responsibility when he could not even handle Katsina?

-We should not expect him to resign! we should ask him!!
-It's not issue of constitutionality but necessity this country got to move forward
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by banom(m): 9:15pm On Dec 02, 2009
Kobojunkie:

@ KOBOJUNKIE

This is one of the reasons i like you a times when you have not taking some of those white powders.

what a country we are .
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by Kobojunkie: 9:32pm On Dec 02, 2009
pacodas:

-We should not expect him to resign! we should ask him!!
-It's not issue of constitutionality but necessity this country got to move forward

a) Ask him? You do know that WE are his employers? I am certain that man knows his record is not a good one. He is not blind.

b) Considering how UNSTABLE that country is, I think it is best we stick to RULE OF LAW when calling for the bugger to be BOOTED.
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by banom(m): 9:39pm On Dec 02, 2009
Kobojunkie:

a) Ask him? You do know that WE are his employers? I am certain that man knows his record is not a good one. He is not blind.

b) Considering how UNSTABLE that country is, I think it is best we stick to RULE OF LAW when calling for the bugger to be BOOTED.

@ kobojunkie,

I will be glad to pick you as my running mate for presidency when i will be running for presidency of this nation and i will deliver Nigeria from her troubles.
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by pacodas: 10:29pm On Dec 02, 2009
Kobojunkie:

- Sure, but we can't sit dumb and not ask him to do the right thing

- RULE OF LAW? We have the right to ask him to go or force him through various means.
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by OAM4J: 10:34pm On Dec 02, 2009
If the man was unable 2 reason while his health was still ok, i doubt he will be able to do so now. So we should mount pressure on the nat. ass. to remove him.
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by pacodas: 9:54am On Dec 03, 2009
OAM4J:

If the man was unable 2 reason while his health was still ok, i doubt he will be able to do so now. So we should mount pressure on the nat. ass. to remove him.
You are right. He ought to step down
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by Gbawe: 10:28am On Dec 03, 2009
OAM4J:

The National assembly are a big part of the reason why Yar Adua remains our leader despite his gross inefficiency and woefully poor leadership !!!  Genuine electoral reform is what our nation needs above anything else. Genuine electoral reform will enable Nigerians to choose their own representatives. It is something we must fight for because we need to choose our own[b] independent[/b] leaders  who will work for the electorate rather than the current situation whereby our selected leaders place their minions, cronies and sycophant into all the political office thereby ensuring that those who should move against their callous actions never do so !!!!

David Mark is our Senate President. He is a blatant elitist who remarked ,as Communication Minister in the past, that "telephone access is not for ordinary Nigerians" !!!!!

With such an anti-people Politician acting as our Senate President where is the hope that the common man's interest - i.e the immediate removal of a President regressing Nigeria dangerously- will be placed above those of political godfathers and Kingmakers ?

Politicians who have the peoples mandate , throughout the World , generally feel obligated to work diligently for the people !!! In Nigeria things are insanely different . Leaders select themselves and then proceed to work for each other never mind the cost to Nigeria and Nigerians. Until we see genuine electoral reforms nothing will change. Even if Yar Adua is gone tomorrow Jonathan may be worse as , IMO, he is an even bigger stooge than Yar Adua. Jonathan will  allow his Godfathers , OBJ and co , to totally do as they please. Perhaps that was OBJ's plan all along when he imposed a very sick President on Nigeria coupled with a vice President and Senate President who are his staunch servants !!!!!!

If , alternatively, the North manage to scheme Jonathan out they will still place a "business as usual" Politician in our top Job so that the awoof chopping of the National cake continues. We could even gain one of Yar Adua's sons-in-law as President and Turai continues her 'Presidency' by proxy !!!!

Whichever way , and minus Nigerians being able to elect their own leaders, the suffering ,underdevelopment and wicked anti-people leadership will continue.
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by stonizzle: 12:00pm On Dec 03, 2009
Yar'Adua is not a kid and should not behave as one.

He should know what is good for him
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by Kobojunkie: 2:00pm On Dec 03, 2009
pacodas:

- Sure, but we can't sit dumb and not ask him to do the right thing

- RULE OF LAW? We have the right to ask him to go or force him through various means.

You really believe the man has not heard the man calls for his resignation? I mean since year one, he has been hearing that same call. It increased in intensity this year but still the man does not seem to be budging. The ONLY way, it seems is for

a) People to unanimously URGE the house to REMOVE HIM( Last I checked, we are in a democracy)

b) and Our representatives to heed the demands of the people

The reason I say this is because technically,  We cannot get him on the basis of his health, even though w know he has made than an issue on way too many occassions. No where in the constitution does it mention that a president can be unsitted just because he is in invalid. We have to have proof that he is INCAPABLE of doing his job as a result. His records are probably not made public, and I highly doubt the reason for his non-performance is his health.

We also can't really get him for not informing the house before leaving on his many vacations because the constitution does not directly specify that he does BUT it can be put on the list as possible reason why WE THE PEOPLE are fed up with him, since we are his employers. However, technically, our hands are sort of tied BUT there is nothing wrong in TRYING or PUSHING for it anyways. I believe if pressure mounts to that extent, it might work.
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:57pm On Dec 03, 2009
ever thought about this, the guy could be in a coma and not really care what is happening in the real world. after all he is not the first president or public official to have a debilitating disease while in office and it is not as if he has some exotic disease that only powerful dibias can pronounce without incurring the curse of the gods.

He is dead (clinically, not that it makes a difference to his political status-quo)
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by ayomidej(f): 4:00pm On Dec 03, 2009
He should not resign, he should finish his TERM.

When OBJ was there the country was far worse and its the mess he left that Yar'Adua is mopping up. Even the next President will do the same, OBJ was an idiot that finished Nigeria. grin
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by Kobojunkie: 6:43pm On Dec 03, 2009
ayomidej:

When OBJ was there the country was far worse and its the mess he left that Yar'Adua is mopping up. Even the next President will do the same, OBJ was an idiot that finished Nigeria. grin

Oh come on now!!!
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by bawomolo(m): 6:45pm On Dec 03, 2009
ayomidej:

but wasn't he handpicked by OBJ, why didn't he reject the nomination?
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by stonizzle: 6:57pm On Dec 03, 2009
bawomolo:

but wasn't he handpicked by OBJ, why didn't he reject the nomination?

Yar'Adua govt is never better than OBJ's. This 2 yrs has been the dumbest govt we ever had
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by stonizzle: 7:00pm On Dec 03, 2009
ayomidej:

You are a Joker, Tell me one thing good Yar'Adua has done for this country since he became president. if not making us pray every now and then for his speedy recovery
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by pacodas: 2:31am On Dec 07, 2009
Kobojunkie:

You really believe the man has not heard the man calls for his resignation? I mean since year one, he has been hearing that same call. It increased in intensity this year but still the man does not seem to be budging. The ONLY way, it seems is for

a) People to unanimously URGE the house to REMOVE HIM( Last I checked, we are in a democracy)

b) and Our representatives to heed the demands of the people

The reason I say this is because technically,  We cannot get him on the basis of his health, even though w know he has made than an issue on way too many occassions. No where in the constitution does it mention that a president can be unsitted just because he is in invalid. We have to have proof that he is INCAPABLE of doing his job as a result. His records are probably not made public, and I highly doubt the reason for his non-performance is his health.

We also can't really get him for not informing the house before leaving on his many vacations because the constitution does not directly specify that he does BUT it can be put on the list as possible reason why WE THE PEOPLE are fed up with him, since we are his employers. However, technically, our hands are sort of tied BUT there is nothing wrong in TRYING or PUSHING for it anyways. I believe if pressure mounts to that extent, it might work.

Sure we can't get him out on health reasons but as you well said By and Large Our Mounting of pressure on him or the lawmakers will do the job.
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by pacodas: 2:44am On Dec 07, 2009
ayomidej:

When OBJ was there the country was far worse and its the mess he left that Yar'Adua is mopping up. Even the next President will do the same, OBJ was an slowpoke that finished Nigeria. grin
You can't say that
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by paddylo1(m): 4:16am On Dec 07, 2009
He lack the strong character to rule this country

we dont need no strong man. . .we need strong institutions

i actually think this yar'adua issue has been good for naija democracy. . .

the senate is functioning,the judiciary is functioning,and the executive council is meeting

these are all co-equal branches of govt

so lets try and move on. . .

Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by Kobojunkie: 4:21am On Dec 07, 2009
paddy_lo:

the senate is functioning,the judiciary is functioning,and the executive council is meeting

eeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkk shocked
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by Fhemmmy: 4:37am On Dec 07, 2009
paddy_lo:

You must be the only that sees what others dont see.
Please, tell me one thing that is functioning, i mean just one?
Tell me pls any reasonable law or anything that has passed that makes sense?
So what exactly about Yaradua is good for Nigeria, a leader that has been off power for how long now, a man that has been in power for years and nothing to show for it, or a leader that has nothing to offer?
Please tell me, and i beg you, dont tell me he brought the nation together, cos there seems to be more tense in that nation than ever.
Re: Ten Reasons Why Yar'adua Should Resign. by paddylo1(m): 4:40am On Dec 07, 2009
eeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkk

u can eeeek all u want,

u and i know america has had,more sick leaders than yaradua that didnt resign

if anything like i said this incident shows the relative stability of our system

if u are looking for a strongman. . .go to mubaraks egypt,biyas cameroon,mugabes zimbabwe,dos santos angola,bongos gabon,the new military fool in guinea,libyas qaddaffi,etiopias zelawi,congos kabilla,the military fool in niger and chad,sudans bashir,mauritanias despots,ugandas mousiveni,rwandas kigame,i could go on but i think u get the point

Nigeria may not be perfect,but its system is such that no tin-pot dictator is welcome here

let yar'adua get well and finish his term,in the meantime the democratic institutions in the country are holding up quite well

and i expect another shriek from u,since u have nothing intelligent to come up with

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ibb Did Not Annul The Historic June 12 Presidential Election Alone. / Killer Beans In South West Market By Boko Haram. / What Is This Saying About Us As Nigerians?(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.