Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,429 members, 7,822,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 (61129 Views)

Mysteries Of NoLand (Book 1) / Daylight Mysteries / DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by Omotayelolu(f): 6:38pm On Feb 25, 2017
I am one of those reader that hardly comment when reading a story but I can't just go on and read this without commenting..... I must say you are indeed a greater writer op, this is just wow!! I love the story and I also like the way you update. Keep the update rolling in................ Waiting patiently for the next update.grin grin grin grin grin
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by everton4life(m): 6:49pm On Feb 25, 2017
samyfreshsmooth:
wow wow wow wow wow........ur story just dy wow me anyhow

but u sef eh....u go just dy update steady like say na news....i no dy like all this kain things o
hehehehe. no vex
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by everton4life(m): 6:52pm On Feb 25, 2017
Omotayelolu:
I am one of those reader that hardly comment when reading a story but I can't just go on and read this without commenting..... I must say you are indeed a greater writer op, this is just wow!! I love the story and I also like the way you update. Keep the update rolling in................ Waiting patiently for the next update.grin grin grin grin grin
welcome to the house. don't worry, u go receive update steady.
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by everton4life(m): 8:41pm On Feb 25, 2017
stay tuned guys. next episode might have intense scenes
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by Gotee11(m): 8:51pm On Feb 25, 2017
am waiting ooh, it's now getting serious
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by everton4life(m): 11:19pm On Feb 25, 2017
EPISODE 22

“ I still can’t believe I am finally here” Tomiwa piped happily as she walked hand in hand with Jake.
They were walking behind Daniel and Annabelle who led the quartet along the bushy path. The ground was quite wet and muddy due to the occurrence of rain, a few minutes prior to their arrival and they could see some birds whistling and tweeting as they flew and perched from tree to tree. Frogs croaked nearby and there were sounds of crickets chirping. The forest was thick with activities as it was still midday.
“I’ll make sure I get enough pictures before we leave” She added excitedly.
“ Predictable” Jake muttered rolling his eyes and she jabbed him lightly in the ribs, sticking her tongue out at him.
“Remind me why your friend stays alone in the middle of the forest again?” Daniel said, momentarily swatting away an irritating insect that buzzed near his ear.
“It’s part of her lifestyle” Annabelle replied. “ She prefers not to stay around people because.. well you can think of the rest”
“ But I thought she can control herself” Daniel pondered, glancing sideways at her.
“She can” Annabelle replied. “ But remember, no matter how you tame a lion, it will always have it’s predatory instinct. Best not to take risks. On the other hand, she doesn’t feel she is ready to reveal herself to the world.”
Daniel shrugged and said nothing, folding his arms behind his head. His mind became clouded. It had been two weeks since the attack at the party and things were not getting any better. The death reports that day was nothing to write home about. Sharon was emotionally shaken by the ordeal and was in a bad state of paranioa. He felt helpless as he didn’t even know where to start explaining. And then, there was Eric. How did he become so skilled and how did he know how to take down vampires?. Then his mother came to mind. He didn’t tell her the ordeal at the party. He definitely didn’t want to add more weight on her mind. She had been through enough as at now. Then the trio. Why the hell didn’t they show up when he needed their skills at that party? What was the whole point of following him about if they won’t be useful. He squeezed his fists in annoyance…..
“We’re here” Annabelle sang, snapping him from his thoughts.
The other three opened their eyes in awe as they gaped in fascination at the house that stood before them. It was a typical bungalow but it looked so sophisticated. Surprisingly, it was unfenced but the area around the house was cleared. The house was painted white with a wooden door which had a golden knocker on it. It wasn’t big but it was quite wide.
The door opened and a lady stepped out. She was light in complexion and looked no older than 19. She was quite curvaceous and wore White tank top and blue jean shorts that could be described as underwear due to their sheer size. Her hair was dyed blonde at the right side and flowed freely on her shoulders. Her skin looked radiant and the sun and was devoid of blemishes and she wore lip gloss.
Her eyes darted to the group in front of her and a wide smile appeared on her face when she saw Annabelle.
“Annie!” She squealed and quickly strolled towards the said girl before enveloping her in a tight hug.
“What’s up, girlfriend?. Glad you made it” she laughed and then turned to the other three. “Oh, whatsupp y’all. How you doin?”
They waved and mumbled a reply.
“Oh, guys” Annabelle turned to them and gestured to the lady. “ This is Tisha, my mentor and savior.”
“Oh” Tisha giggled, waving her off. “ You are flattering me”
“ And Tisha ,” Annabelle gestured to her friends. “These are my friends. Daniel, Jake and Tomiwa”
Tisha smiled and shook hands with them one by one. However, when she reached Tomiwa, her hand lingered in the handshake and she stared at tomiwa for a while, before a sultry smile appeared on her face. Tomiwa caught the smile and suddenly became uncomfortable.
“Tomiwa, right?” Tisha purred making the other girl shiver. “Such a beautiful name. Tell me something, are you single?”
That caught the three by surprise and tomiwa yanked her hand away in fright. Daniel and Jake on the other hand were stunned to the ground. Annabelle on the other hand groaned and facepalmed.
“Seriously?” She cried out to her friend. “ I thought you would have dropped that habit”
“No” Tisha replied, her eyes not leaving Tomiwa, making the girl hide behind Jake who was still stunned to silence. “ It’s not so simple”
“Wait a minute” Daniel finally said and he looked at Tisha. “ Are you saying you are.. you are…”
“Not straight?” Tisha completed with a shameless smile. “ Yeah”
“And Annabelle didn’t mention this to us because….” Daniel frowned at Annabelle, purposely pausing at the last word.
“It skipped my mind” Annabelle retorted in defence. “ Come on, Dan. It has been 50 years since we last saw each other.”
“I don’t know what to say right now” Daniel ran his hand through his curly locks.
“Don’t worry, handsome” Tisha smiled. “ If you are wondering if I did anything to Annabelle, I didn’t . She was much too unstable to think straight when we met”
“Thanks” Annabelle muttered sarcastically.
“ But after I made her well, trust me, I tried hitting on her but she turned down my advances. So sad”
Tisha pouted at the last part and Annabelle rolled her eyes. “ But I never held it against her though. I agreed with her to remain friends and well that’s it. I guess you can’t influence everyone. But your friend over there however….” She paused as she glanced at tomiwa who was still hiding behind Jake.
“ Is taken” Jake completed and Tomiwa smiled gratefully at his defence.
“Awww” Tisha pouted. “ Too bad. And she has a sexy body” She winked.
Tomiwa twisted her face in disgust.
“Tell me” Tisha smiled at Jake. “ Have you explored it yet?”
Jake and Tomiwa coughed and muttered incohensively as blushes appeared on their cheeks.
“I take it as a no” Tisha shook her head in mock pity.
“Come on” Annabelle said as she dragged her friend by the arm and entered the house, the rest following behind. “ It’s time for business”
The inside was well decorated. There were three couches ,a rug on the floor and a huge shelf full of books. There were a lot of doors that led to corridors. There was verandah that showed the view of a stream at the back of the house.
“Make yourself at home” Tisha said and they all sat down at a couch.
“So.” She smiled placing her hands together. “ What brings you here?”
“ Luke” Annabelle muttered.
The smile on Tisha’s face disappeared and it was replaced with a serious look. She unclasped her hands and leaned back into the couch, staring into space.
“You want to know if I have any info, right?” She said, still staring into space. Her voice was devoid of emotion.
“Yes” Annabelle replied. “Look,Tisha. We both know Luke can still be vanquished but the more we delay on getting info, the more dangerous it is. Vampires keep multiplying day by day. The more that are killed, the more he and his son creates.”
“ So, that good for nothing Chris is still alive” Tisha interrupted with a mocking smile.
“Sadly, Yes” Annabelle replied. “ But that his not the point, He wants to get his hands on Daniel here and he will stop at no cost. He is aware of the X-serum in Daniel’s blood and…”
“Wait a minute” Tisha interrupted and stared at Daniel in shock. “ You are the one that pocess the X-serum?”
He nodded.
“Hmmm, then we have wasted enough time” Tisha said and then stood up. All eyes followed her as she moved to the shelf and pulled out a small book. It looked very ancient as it was torn at some edges.
“I picked this up during one of my research trips.” She said as she handed the book to Annabelle. “ It has some information on Luke but it doesn’t state his weakness. Although it did leave some clues. Difficult clues”
Annabelle opened the book. The words were written as if from a feather dipped in ink which signified the age of the book. Annabelle read it out:

“ Luke, the most powerful vampire to exist. He is known by many names. The lord of darkness.
The symbol of abomination. The epitome of destruction. But one thing is very clear, he was
never born as a vampire. Rather, he was born human. A servant to be precise. The story goes
back when he served at a plantation alongside his friend. The two young men did not like their
status and the burden of servitude. As much as they hated their lives, they each had different
views towards their master. While his friend wanted to be among the elites and high class, Luke
wanted to rule them. And so when rumors of a warlock spread in the town and came to pass, Luke
and his friend slipped from the plantation and payed a visit to this supernatural being. They came on their knees begging for great power and wanted to be released from their shackles of slavery. Taking pity on the young men, the warlock offered a ritual that would grant the both of them great strength and omnipotent power but at a cost: Their lives. Luke’s friend who valued life backed away and fled but luke was willing to go ahead. The ritual involved ingesting the blood of a bat and venom from a black mamba. The ritual would have killed anyone, but due to Luke’s determination and the growing darkness in his heart, the ritual was a success. He died and was revived as a new being. Thus, began the birth of the first vampire. Unfortunately, the ritual had a side effect. He had to consume blood to sustain his health as would anyone turned by him. Discovering his new power, he laid waste to his master and massacred a lot of people in his town. The warlock having seen his mistake too late and regretting it, decided to work on how to destroy what he created but Luke, having anticipated this, stormed his fortress with a few accomplices. Running out of time, the warlock sealed the secret to destroying the first vampire in silver and aquamarine and magically tossed it into a nearby town before he was brutally murdered. Till today, no one knows the location of this powerful secret. I write this as in haste as I have no time left. Luke is coming for me. I can sense it……….”

Annabelle paused as she discovered that the remaining pages were blank. She sighed and closed the book. Everyone became silent, each to his thoughts as they knew another battle had arrived.
A puzzling battle.
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by queenitee(f): 11:27pm On Feb 25, 2017
Its a lie,the author dedicated a whole chapter to me,what have I done to deserve it?I can't believe it oo,someone should wake me up from this dream...Thank you thank you everton4life

To the story, I think Daniel and the rest should tell Sharon,she should be involved plus I really want Daniel and Sharon to end up together..This Luke should just die jae
I dont trust Simon and his friends or brothers deni
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by everton4life(m): 11:34pm On Feb 25, 2017
queenitee:
Its a lie,the author dedicated a whole chapter to me,what have I done to deserve it?I can't believe it oo,someone should wake me up from this dream...Thank you thank you everton4life

To the story, I think Daniel and the rest should tell Sharon,she should be involved plus I really want Daniel and Sharon to end up together..This Luke should just die jae
I dont trust Simon and his friends or brothers deni
Don't worry your pretty little head, dear. The surprises in season 1 is nothing compared to what you'll see next season.
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by queenitee(f): 11:45pm On Feb 25, 2017
everton4life:
Don't worry your pretty little head, dear. The surprises in season 1 is nothing compared to what you'll see next season.
Tor,i'm waiting patiently...Surprise surprise
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by everton4life(m): 11:48pm On Feb 25, 2017
sad 265 posts and yet only 6815 views. guys, is there something I am not doing right? it's kinda worrisome.
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 7:03am On Feb 26, 2017
Lol, better keep writing.

Lalasticlala, this deserves to grace the front-page. Well written and interesting.
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by efeprovidence: 7:13am On Feb 26, 2017
nice write up bro,keep it up. i have a question:are there anything like werewolve in this story
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by Gotee11(m): 7:30am On Feb 26, 2017
everton4life:
sad 265 posts and yet only 6815 views. guys, is there something I am not doing right? it's kinda worrisome.
every thing is OK, before season two, u will be surprise. they are coming
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by Nobody: 7:50am On Feb 26, 2017
Maybe U Should Invite Some Popular Face In D Literature Section,
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by Nobody: 12:00pm On Feb 26, 2017
everton4life:
hey bro!! I think yhu shud invite more peepz,including mods. Especially ishilove(i luv dat lady :-) )so yr story cud get to frontpage.if it does,yhu cud get a millon and more views!! Who knows
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by everton4life(m): 12:55pm On Feb 26, 2017
grin oya, I don vex. make una get in here o.

bibi294, ozila, bibijay123,ishilove, candy, tiffanyJ, Divepen1, chumzypinky, biafrabushboy, cwazyblaqgal, ayopedro, uchman48,magicdon,nnena,bimbotua,sirwere, pelujam, everwhiz, movementish, vintino,preetypam,obinnau,maryann100,oyinella,degelinglacis, domido,Tbrak,phunmmielurlar, Emzy90, Repogirl, candy.

if I missed your name,signify. lol
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by queenitee(f): 1:08pm On Feb 26, 2017
everton4life:
Don't worry your creative head,many will still discover the story

Ladysuperb,creeza,buttersss,candy,tiffanyj,frozenfirenaija hadampson,rachealfst,prettydive,olajihdey22 ,bibi294,I'm sure you will like the story
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by Hadampson(m): 1:14pm On Feb 26, 2017
queenitee:

Don't worry your creative head,many will still discover the story

Ladysuperb,creeza,buttersss,candy,tiffanyj,frozenfirenaija hadampson,rachealfst,prettydive,olajihdey22 ,bibi294,I'm sure you will like the story
I don show (cool) wey my sit?
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by urch45: 1:29pm On Feb 26, 2017
[img]https://4.bp..com/-E-swFj9uakQ/WKSEyzuTXjI/AAAAAAAAALg/bbtuFHIs-z4mhhexgSTUflNjDHrCK-CggCLcB/s1600/editing.jpg[/img]
Many readers notice character and plot development in every story. However, editing ranks as an equally important aspect of the writing process worth mentioning. Some of you may be rolling your eyes. Why harp on about editing?

Because it matters.

Over the past few years, I’ve read quite a few self-published books. Most of the books have been wonderful and I thoroughly enjoyed them. Yet some have been painful to read. Others have been good, but could have been great with the assistance of an experienced editor. Too many self-published authors don’t think readers can tell if their novel hasn’t been professionally edited. Trust me, most of us can. As for authors who skip utilizing beta readers and critique partners, that shows as well.

Click here for a professional editor www.blacktowerpublishers.com.ng
I’m not just talking about typos. Many readers will forgive one or two, and these errors do happen in books that are traditionally published. Editors do so much more than proofreading. Developmental editors assist with the story and its execution. This process may involve a massive rewrite, but from my experience, it’s well worth it. My developmental editor has suggested some major changes, including reworking the ending of my first novel. I followed her advice after pouting for a day and you know what? She was right. It’s a much better story now.

Another type is substantive editing, which involves the larger aspects of the novel such as character development, plot holes, unresolved threads, pacing, etc. Yet another form of editing involves copyediting which makes sure you don’t change your character’s name or hair color. Copyeditors also fix grammar and punctuation, as well as assist in fact-checking and identifying potential legal issues. There are even more kinds of editors and some overlap occurs.

Please be wary of editors who say they can offer several different types of editing with one reading. You really will get what you pay for. I’m not saying you have to hire five different editors, but make sure you check your editor’s credentials. Who have they worked with? Do they offer a sample? Most will do this for free. What type of editing experience do they have? Do your research to save yourself from losing money. Also, take the time to recognize the parts of the writing process you need the most help with.

When I hear of self-published authors who admit they didn’t work with a professional editor I cringe. Not only is the author publishing something that isn’t the best that it can be, but the person is denying themselves the opportunity to learn and grow as a writer.

If you want to improve your writing, work with experienced editors. It’ll change how you think about editing and it will make you appreciate all that they have to offer.
Your readers will thank you for it.

Click here for a professional editor www.blacktowerpublishers.com.ng

1 Like

Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by Hadampson(m): 1:56pm On Feb 26, 2017
cc: Yungtemy, oludare007, solomonbrown64, angelinastto, rachealfst, sirorubebe, sunshine46, dtobs, alamiendagash, harameede99, pinkycute, oly23, yewandequeen, hormobolanle, lawlahdey, ikombe, azeequeen, lankyannie, babsopey, TMdavidwest, obimgbo, dasilver20, skillful01, michelle55, samyfreshsmooth, lecheM, gabbyraze, lalasticlala, seun, fiyah, janetessy, tushwitch, lolly02, kentura, uniqueogo, berrybabyb, creeza, cerewo, xolocious, xpardo, chizzymaris, chadso, purityval, ritababe, eniqurl, roladiva, switup, khutie, boffinjay, adesina12, nastynic, ekle, costal, yungeez, hawlahscho, gofwane, angelsss, bibijay123, d9ty7, frankdammy, arsenalholic, iamharkinwaley, watchinginHD, jericco1, boomboost, chine12, wizapersona, comelyjummy, wizsoly, twinkiet, obinnau, divepen1, donkross, johnsown1... u're all invited to diz great writeup
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by Azeequeen(f): 3:59pm On Feb 26, 2017
Let's see what's in stock
Thanks for the invitation
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by everton4life(m): 4:18pm On Feb 26, 2017
Azeequeen:
Let's see what's in stock
Thanks for the invitation
welcome, ma
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by AlamienDagash(m): 5:27pm On Feb 26, 2017
Hadampson:
cc: Yungtemy, oludare007, solomonbrown64, angelinastto, rachealfst, sirorubebe, sunshine46, dtobs, alamiendagash, harameede99, pinkycute, oly23, yewandequeen, hormobolanle, lawlahdey, ikombe, azeequeen, lankyannie, babsopey, TMdavidwest, obimgbo, dasilver20, skillful01, michelle55, samyfreshsmooth, lecheM, gabbyraze, lalasticlala, seun, fiyah, janetessy, tushwitch, lolly02, kentura, uniqueogo, berrybabyb, creeza, cerewo, xolocious, xpardo, chizzymaris, chadso, purityval, ritababe, eniqurl, roladiva, switup, khutie, boffinjay, adesina12, nastynic, ekle, costal, yungeez, hawlahscho, gofwane, angelsss, bibijay123, d9ty7, frankdammy, arsenalholic, iamharkinwaley, watchinginHD, jericco1, boomboost, chine12, wizapersona, comelyjummy, wizsoly, twinkiet, obinnau, divepen1, donkross, johnsown1... u're all invited to diz great writeup
i got brodas in atlanta, neva mind me. am in. barman kawomin champagne mai sanyi
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by ikombe: 6:48pm On Feb 26, 2017
Hadampson:
... u're all invited to diz great writeup
i don show baba grin
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by blueflowers(f): 7:27pm On Feb 26, 2017
More strength to your fingers
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by everton4life(m): 10:23pm On Feb 26, 2017
make una no vex. today was the busiest day ever
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by queenitee(f): 10:54pm On Feb 26, 2017
Hadampson:
I don show (cool) wey my sit?

Beside me
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by AlamienDagash(m): 10:59pm On Feb 26, 2017
wow i must thnk u hadampson coz if nt bcuz of u, i whud hve lose an excitin stry.
everton u re d atom bomb dix ix d top2 stori i've ever read online. buh u gotto knw sometin nt oll vampires re dsame. like me amah gud vampire. just cheek my signature
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by latbas(m): 11:54pm On Feb 26, 2017
as nobody invite me, i don invite myself. this story is d bomb.
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by everton4life(m): 8:10am On Feb 27, 2017
latbas:
as nobody invite me, i don invite myself. this story is d bomb.
welcome
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 8:22am On Feb 27, 2017
Skimpledawg, alberto2k, Harjiborlar10, Helenbee, Mhizashantee1, Missmossy, Oya coma read.

Mide018, hi.
Re: DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 by HelenBee(f): 9:05am On Feb 27, 2017
[quote author=OluwabuqqyYOLO post=54097627] Thanks for the mention.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

The Sugar Mum (the Steamy Version) / Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. / Naija Love Rhymes For Valentine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.