Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,731 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Babatunde Fashola For President - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babatunde Fashola For President (13461 Views)

How I Met Bola Tinubu – Babatunde Fashola / Babatunde Fashola Resumes Work As A Minister See Photos / Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by MrCartha: 3:42am On Dec 05, 2009
babapupa:

I can't help but appreciate the great work the town planners @ Alausa are doing, they're sculpting a perfect skyline.

Lagos must be the heaviest construction site in the world, just look at the busy construction cranes all over the place,

De guy try. If to say all d past govs dem dey add @ least one brick for a day for the time wey dem dey office, Lagos today for don fine pass New York. Rather dem dey beautify dem pockets with our naira. Sopona, where u dey?! Make u fire all those shenanigans wey don rule us b4 angry angry angry
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by gidson12(m): 8:03am On Dec 05, 2009
well the guy dey try, but let me tell u guys state and country no be the same thing,
na so then rate yaradua high 4 him state b4 his presidential election, but see wetin dey happen,
7 point agenda lipsrsealed
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by akano1: 10:41am On Dec 05, 2009
my question is, is he a member of the national party? No! we all know that some people said dis position is their family inheritage and they will not step over until 2040 how do expect fashola to become the president of the country. unless if he want to be on the queue.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by MrCartha: 11:05am On Dec 05, 2009
gidson12:

well the guy dey try, but let me tell u guys state and country no be the same thing,
na so then rate yaradua high 4 him state b4 his presidential election, but see wetin dey happen,
7 point agenda lipsrsealed

Wetin u mean? Dis Guy don dey for only 2yrs and things be like this, but Yar'dua too no bad as Presido. The only yawa wey the man get na health and the pple wey dey im body na corrupt pple.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by chidichris(m): 11:47am On Dec 05, 2009
I really do hope President Yaruadu'a gets better but sentiments aside now, Nigeria needs to move forward.
Babatunde Fashola should be given a chance at being the President or Vice President of Nigeria. His work in lagos has been commendable so far. I think he would be able to replicate alot of his successes in Lagos in Nigeeria as a whole.

@poster,
with all his good works, i am in love with fashola and with this topic, i love your knowledge and i am most impressed with that part of your write up that says BUT SENTIMENTS ASIDE
my dear, what could be more sentimental than a yoruba man leaving aso rock yesterday and a suggestion of another yorubaman going back? what has gone wrong with our senses? why has a particular group of people in the country been turned into slaves even in their own country? of what use is this name nigeria if it is just for hausa and yoruba? why holding others back when you know that they are not part of the country? are some groups here just for what they have or what they can afford the country? what if there is no oil in that part of the country? what is the relevance of this name nigeria and the media claims of unity? what is the need of the international claims of rebranding when the sentimental aspects of lives are going deep into our systems as the days breaks?
my candid suggestion is that when next you want to use a wod, contact your dictionary and be sure not to make yourself the mouth piece of the secred agreement of our slave masters.
be informed that all these associations designed to cheat and frustrate a section of this country will only destroy this country because in such gatherings with high class criminals, there can never be genuity of purpose.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by jimmysho(m): 12:08pm On Dec 05, 2009
chidichris:

my dear, what could be more sentimental than a yoruba man leaving aso rock yesterday and a suggestion of another yorubaman going back? what has gone wrong with our senses? why has a particular group of people in the country been turned into slaves even in their own country? of what use is this name nigeria if it is just for hausa and yoruba?

globally, development is not about where u originate from. if a hausa man can move nigeria forward always and a southern is always taking us backward. i will rather prefer the hausa than a yoruba man because he is my clan. the nigeria holy book did not specify that if a section of the country has occupy the seat once, he should be off stage for some numbers of years. all we want is a better naija that is safe for us all
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by brooklyn99: 12:20pm On Dec 05, 2009
Please Jimmysho, tell him again!!!! why does it have to be what tribe you areand, WHY DO IBOS ALWAYS CRITISIZE THE YORUBAS?!!!!!!
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by freshmoney(m): 2:43pm On Dec 05, 2009
WHOEVER MAKES LAGOS GREAT, WILL DEFINITELY MAKE NIGERIA GREATER IF NOT GREATEST. FASHOLA FOR THE PRESIDENT
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by hzuka: 3:25pm On Dec 05, 2009
I think Fashola would probably be a good President but so will a lot of other guys. Ken Nnamani , for example , is a good Potential President IMO. Getting a decent President for Nigeria is not difficult because all we need is a pro-people individual who will work for Nigerians and not the various cabals, mafias and Kingmakers many of our leaders (including Yar Adua) have sold their souls to !!!

The Major changes and reforms needed to improve Nigeria are not even difficult to achieve with genuine political will. Everyone , even those who despise us , generally agree that Nigerians are very dynamic and innovative. If we had 24/7 electricity I can bet any money that serious industrialisation and development can be seen in as little as a few years !!!! Realistically, how difficult is it to electrify Nigeria if the committment to do so is genuine and total ?

Fashola and others constantly cry for the deregulation of the Powers sector yet an FG , led by a highly 'compromised' President,  refuse to even inspect the feasibility or 'workability' of such an idea !!!!

As long as we keep gaining President who will work for the various cabals , rather than for Nigerians, we are going nowhere. Even on Nairaland I read thing that make me believe that some guys here can lead Nigeria effectively. Above everything , we need someone committed to working for ordinary Nigerians and not 'interest groups'.

Is it not better we allow these men to show themselves approved
before we start campaigning for them?.After all,who says they can
make a good presidential material?.Was President Yar'dua not
like them when he was a governor in Katsina State?

Please watch and post.

Long live Nairalanders,
Long live President Yar'dua,
Long Live Federal Republic Of Nigeria.

Thanks
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by freshmoney(m): 3:44pm On Dec 05, 2009
WHAT HAS YARADUA DONE TO KATSINA APART FROM CHEWING GORO sad ANYTHING HE HAS DONE TO NIGERIA? NOTHING,APART FROM COUNTLESS TRIP TO SAUDI ARABIA FOR USELESS,FICTITIOUS MONEY LAUNDERING TREATMENT grin IF HE IS PRONOUNCED DEAD ANYTIME, I WILL KILL A HEN FOR CELEBRATION sad
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by freshmoney(m): 3:57pm On Dec 05, 2009
jimmysho:

globally, development is not about where u originate from. if a hausa man can move nigeria forward always and a southern is always taking us backward. i will rather prefer the hausa than a yoruba man because he is my clan. the nigeria holy book did not specify that if a section of the country has occupy the seat once, he should be off stage for some numbers of years. all we want is a better naija that is safe for us all

THIS GUY IS A TRIBALISM FANATIC,A TRIBALIST to a fault. Hausa men have tried lots of time without achieving anything. It is either they got poisoned by indian strippers or they open a new way to corruption(remember Babangida or they got bundled to Saudi Arabia for worthless treatment Worthless citizens of Nigeria sad
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by MrCartha: 4:40pm On Dec 05, 2009
freshmoney:

WHOEVER MAKES LAGOS GREAT, WILL DEFINITELY MAKE NIGERIA GREATER IF NOT GREATEST. FASHOLA FOR THE PRESIDENT

Freshmoney, for dis thing wey u talk me I don vote u in for vice-presido. ALL nairaland PPLE, MAKE UNA FRESHMONEY FOR VICE!!! grin
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by freshmoney(m): 5:38pm On Dec 05, 2009
Mr. Cartha:

Freshmoney, for dis thing wey u talk me I don vote u in for vice-presido. ALL nairaland PPLE, MAKE UNA FRESHMONEY FOR VICE!!! grin

MR.CARTHA,HAVE I EVER TOLD YOU FOR ONCE THAT I HAVE INTEREST IN POLITICS? POLITICS=QUICK WAY OF MAKING MONEY=QUICK WAY OF SELF-DESTRUCTION=ANGEL OF DEATH sad cool

BUT IF A FULL PROTECTION IS GUARENTEED,THEN I THINK I WILL GIVE IT A GO. THEN I WILL KNOW HOW TO TEACH THOSE HAUSA MEN SOME SENSE, AND MERGE IGBOs WITH CAMEROONIANS;THEY BELONG TO THEM. NIGERIA=YORUBA
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by THEAMAKA3(f): 5:48pm On Dec 05, 2009
^^^^
where is hauler now? let him come down from the heavens and start shouting.
foolish guy.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by freshmoney(m): 6:12pm On Dec 05, 2009
Anything rational,yorubas are always there cool; I do not know about other tribes in Nigeria though,sorry smiley
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by paddylo1(m): 6:44pm On Dec 05, 2009
i say leave fashola in lagos,let him finish what he started,he has 6more yrs to go

one thing ppl fail to realize is that,the federal govt cannot bring any meaningful development to anybody

again i repeat,if half of nigerias governors were performing half as much as fashola is in lagos

we will be growing at twice the rate we are,10% an annum plus

federal govt should deregulate and get out of the power business
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by afruakan: 9:21pm On Dec 05, 2009
nigera could lead all of afraka and beocme a super power and aqquire nuclear weapons and unifie all of black afraka if it had the right leadership im sorry but it seems most continental afrakans are 2 stupid to ever even desire for afraka and all of black afraka to unite and beocme a supere power.

sad

the next president of nigeria will be a dick sucker of arabs or europeans or both

what a pitty because many afrakan-amerikans are from yourba land
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by MrCartha: 9:33pm On Dec 05, 2009
freshmoney:

Anything rational,yorubas are always there cool; I do not know about other tribes in Nigeria though,sorry smiley

Freshmoney, me I think say 9ja man. Why d tribalism? Be ur bros keeper embarassed
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by Mekana(m): 2:07am On Dec 06, 2009
What are u guys forming on this forum? When the issue turns to Igbo, the topic takes a hateful and unintellectual turn like "why most igbos girls do not get married on time,?" But now to yoruba, we are now talking in a patriotic tone. Idiots! Who said Fashola is the most viable candidate for president? when its yorubas' turn, they 'll forget about constitutionalism. What are u really thinking? Don't u know the constitution? don't u know what it says about succession? If Yaradua dies, then we drop Jonathan and thrust Fashola, or watever he's called, forward to be the president. Some people are grossly irrational, vigorously parochial and unrepentantly tribalistic in their thought process.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by olafolarin(m): 2:18am On Dec 06, 2009
freshmoney:

WHAT HAS YARADUA DONE TO KATSINA APART FROM [b]CHEWING [/i]GORO[i][/b] sad ANYTHING HE HAS DONE TO NIGERIA? NOTHING,APART FROM COUNTLESS TRIP TO SAUDI ARABIA FOR USELESS,FICTITIOUS MONEY LAUNDERING TREATMENT grin IF HE IS PRONOUNCED DEAD ANYTIME, I WILL KILL A HEN FOR CELEBRATION sad

GBAM GBAM GBAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by babapupa: 2:37am On Dec 06, 2009
I really don't want Fashola to contest nationally and I'd love for him to stay in Lagos, @ least till the end of his second term.

Fashola and his boys are die hard Lagosians and I don't see them going to Abuja for anything. Even to the average Lagos, Abuja is irrelevant and Lagos comes first.

Lagos is a state of mind, a way of life and culture.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by Mekana(m): 2:39am On Dec 06, 2009
babapupa:

I really don't want Fashola to contest nationally and I'd love for him to stay in Lagos, @ least till the end of his second term.

Fashola and his boys are die hard Lagosians and I don't see them going to Abuja for anything. Even to the average Lagos, Abuja is irrelevant and Lagos comes first.

Lagos is a state of mind, a way of life and culture.
who cares
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by babapupa: 2:42am On Dec 06, 2009
Mekana:

who cares

Obviously, you do.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by sjeezy8: 2:46am On Dec 06, 2009
Mekana:

What are u guys forming in this forum? When the issue turns to Igbos, the topic takes a hateful and unitellectual turn like "why most igbos girls do not get married on time,?" But now to yoruba, we are now talking in a patriotic tone. Idiots! Who said Fashola is the most viable candidate for president? when its yorubas turn, they 'll forget about constitutionalism. What are u really thinking? Don't u know the constitution? don't u know what it says about succession? If Yaradua dies, then we ' drop Jonathan and insert Fashola or watever forward to be president. Some people are grossly irrational, vigorously parochial and  unrepentantly tribalitic in their taught process.

lol you seem mad at the fact almost NO ONE cares to vote for an igboman. Soludo himself cant become presiden of Nigeria in a free and fair election. Thats why hes using PDP as a party platform to RIG him as future SE president,he will surely be let down if he thinks The north and West will wait the next 40 years for presidents from their region.

@As long as AC dominates in Lagos state and hopefully SW as Awo did, im content.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by Mekana(m): 3:01am On Dec 06, 2009
sjeezy8:

lol you seem mad at the fact almost NO ONE cares to vote for an igboman. Soludo himself cant become presiden of Nigeria in a free and fair election. Thats why hes using PDP as a party platform to RIG him as future SE president,he will surely be let down if he thinks The north and West will wait the next 40 years for presidents from their region.

@As long as AC dominates in Lagos state and hopefully SW as Awo did, im content.
What is the basis of this guy's idea? is it semantic problems or inability to articulate coherent ideological thought, or both. 1st of all, aren't all Anambrarians Igbos? Is Soludo not aspiring for the Governorship postion of anambra? Which election did he rig? Is there any recognized polity in Nigeria called SE (S' East)? If so do they have executive or legislative offices? and now u talked about soludo becoming the SE president then confusing it with lagos state govt. office as well as nigeria's presidency. What is wrong with this dude? Maybe not semantic problems, maybe your keyboard has failed u again tonight. But u seem to be repeating the pattern everyday, no excuse, u are unbelievably  a big clown.
Besides, the machinery and heart of AC is owned, piloted and doctored by the Turakin Adamawa, Alh. Abubakar Atiku. Yoruba parties are Action Group AG not AC and AD alliance for Democracy killed and buried by a yorubatic Chimp.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by IVORY2009(m): 6:38am On Dec 07, 2009
He nor fit!!
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by omahost55: 9:10am On Dec 07, 2009
fashola should face lagos state for now
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by MissOyinbo: 4:14am On Dec 13, 2009
Everyone needs to wake up, we know Fashola has done a lot but do you think he has done what people really need. basic amenities, to start with electricity for the country to be in good standing. We need him to help turn electricity on and be permanently stable. I only see him focused on things that are not the basics for an average citizen of this country. Once power is stable in Lagos or Nigeria as a whole everything else will fall in place. If Fashola can stabilize electricity we will vote him in as President. The reason why I am laying emphasis on Power and Electricity because that is the number one basic amenity that we citizens of Nigeria need to succeed in every aspect of our lives.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by babapupa: 4:17am On Dec 13, 2009
MissOyinbo:

Everyone needs to wake up, we know Fashola has done a lot but do you think he has done what people really need. basic amenities, to start with electricity for the country to be in good standing. We need him to help turn electricity on and be permanently stable. I only see him focused on things that are not the basics for an average citizen of this country. Once power is stable in Lagos or Nigeria as a whole everything else will fall in place. If Fashola can stabilize electricity we will vote him in as President. The reason why I am laying emphasis on Power and Electricity because that is the number one basic amenity that we citizens of Nigeria need to succeed in every aspect of our lives.

Wrong address:::::Forwards post to Yaradua in Abuja>>>>>>>>.
Re: Babatunde Fashola For President by MissOyinbo: 4:33am On Dec 13, 2009
Yaradua is in the hospital do you think he has time? As the governor as the state of Lagos he should have been working on this in his own state first.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

How To Defeat Boko Haram: A Message To Nigerian Security Services / EFCC Grills Modu Sheriff Over N12b Aircraft; What About Tinubu Aircraft? / Isaac Osahon's House Attacked In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.