Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" (19627 Views)

Egor Efiok Shades Toke Makinwa Over Her Plastic Surgery Ass And Bleaching / Toke Makinwa And Maje Ayida Have Lunch Together / Toke Makinwa Before & After Bleaching For Maje Ayida (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by AuroraB(f): 9:34am On Feb 03, 2017
eyinjuege:
Orisirisi...

I thought his ex-girlfriend got pregnant for him while he and Toke were still married? Isn't that enough proof of adultery?
If she was treated for a sexually transmitted infection while they were married, it should be in her hospital records unless she went to backyard chemist. The date of treatment can easily be reconciled with the dates they were still together. Since there's proof of his adultery, nothing says he's not the one to have infected her with std.
I don't think she lied about what he did at all, unless he denies the paternity of his child with another woman.

Unless there was a contract of non disclosure in their marriage, he has no case
He only wants a cut off of the proceeds. Olojukokoro okunrin angry

See him black ugly face undecided

1 Like

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:34am On Feb 03, 2017
Divay22:
i just did
Oh right! Emails are down.
Let's give it some time or until Seun says it's working now.
wink
Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by adedayoa2(f): 9:37am On Feb 03, 2017
I was actually waiting for this, now let the 'on becoming' begin

1 Like

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by HYOTHi(m): 9:43am On Feb 03, 2017
Mtcheew .. Allaf dem are mad angry
Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by sparkleRed(f): 9:44am On Feb 03, 2017
4dor:

Unfortunately, this will be the duty of the Judge, so calm down it's too early to jump into conclusion.

True but except toke lawyers re incompetent I don't see Maje winning did case
Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by Divay22(f): 9:44am On Feb 03, 2017
vivaciousvivi:

Oh right! Emails are down.
Let's give it some time or until Seun says it's working now.
wink
Alright I'll be expecting kiss kiss undecidedThanks
Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by Nobody: 9:44am On Feb 03, 2017
Well to be honest when the book came out I anticipated this but in all honesty what was he supposed f to do when she could have used names like Mr M

Score na 1-1
Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by columbus007(m): 10:01am On Feb 03, 2017
dumie:
She invaded people's privacy without asking for their permission in telling her story... She didn't realize that she could be charged for defamation and slander.. Besides, no one forced her to remain in a toxic relationship
damn,and that word toxic kinda, and what's your stand.
Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by willibounce1(m): 10:08am On Feb 03, 2017
UK and Nigerian lawyers for only one person. Uncle someone cannot play with you?

3 Likes

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:12am On Feb 03, 2017
Divay22:

Alright I'll be expecting kiss kiss undecidedThanks
No dear, I won't see the email. Remember Seun's thread?
Kindly resend the pm after NL has restored the emailing system.
smiley
Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by hottadiva(f): 10:14am On Feb 03, 2017
eyinjuege:
Orisirisi...

I thought his ex-girlfriend got pregnant for him while he and Toke were still married? Isn't that enough proof of adultery?
If she was treated for a sexually transmitted infection while they were married, it should be in her hospital records unless she went to backyard chemist. The date of treatment can easily be reconciled with the dates they were still together. Since there's proof of his adultery, nothing says he's not the one to have infected her with std.
I don't think she lied about what he did at all, unless he denies the paternity of his child with another woman.

Maje had stated that 6months into the marriage,they knew it wasn't working out and had separated. madam signed separation papers but choose to stay for face. hence knowing about all the sidechicks but choosing now that the rest of the world knew to play victim and of course the primary aim- make money.

This is class from Maje though. he didn't jump in but waited for her to make money and he build his case well.

5 Likes

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by MSEdLAW(m): 10:17am On Feb 03, 2017
eyinjuege:
Orisirisi...

Being a dog he is...does not justify her becoming a bitch. ... Whatever happened to the sanctity of marriage? are they officially divorced? What happens should they decided to mend fences like Tiwa and Tbillz? What image has she painted to the world of herself? #foodforthought
Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by Nobody: 10:28am On Feb 03, 2017
All this one na stunts, dem want make we read d book

1 Like

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by Ishilove: 10:39am On Feb 03, 2017
vivaciousvivi:

Very well said. I admire the way you reasoned it.
The only thing that surprises me a bit was when she celebrated her bday and Maje surprised her with his presence. She even gave him a hug and the pics were all over SM. This was just mere months before her book launch. That ain't right.
That wasn't Maje. That was her new boo
Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by Divay22(f): 10:51am On Feb 03, 2017
vivaciousvivi:

No dear, I won't see the email. Remember Seun's thread?
Kindly resend the pm after NL has restored the emailing system.
smiley
Alright I'll do just that,when it has been restored
Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by princejenks(m): 10:53am On Feb 03, 2017
what took you so long man,been expecting this since. she and her book needs to be put in their rightful place; in a heap of thrash!
Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by seunmsg(m): 10:54am On Feb 03, 2017
If Maje doesn't like or agree with what Toke wrote in her book, he should go ahead and write his own book or shut the fvck up. Threatening court action in this manner is just petty and unnecessary.

1 Like

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by princejenks(m): 10:55am On Feb 03, 2017
eyinjuege:
Orisirisi...

it's left for the court to determine,not you but I think he has a valid case here
Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by eyinjuege: 11:20am On Feb 03, 2017
4dor:

Google the profile of the two legal firms handling this case in Nigeria and the UK, then come back and tell me if you have a chance with an argument like this. This guy is not playing and Kindergarten arguments won't work. BTW hope you know the constitution states right to privacy and private life as a basic right?

Toke equally has a right to her privacy, and can equally choose to discuss what happened in her marriage.
She wrote a memoir about her life. She's not living alone on the moon, and has day to day interactions with other humans. I haven't read her book and frankly, I really am indifferent about her life.
Most of what I know about her book and her marriage is what's written on gossip sites. I undrrdtand she's an OAP but I don't even know what station she's on. I'm not a fan or whatever. Just a neutral person.
The book wasn't based on her marriage alone, though people choose that part to feed on.
Obasanjo wrote memoirs, mentioned names and appalling actions of others based on his perceptions.
Many people who worked with princess Diana have all written memoirs about their lives, but she always played a major part of their books. Their perceptions of alleged affairs etc. That doesn't necessarily call for a law suit.
Because you have high profile names handling your case does not necessarily mean your suit is actionable.
All a judge is there to do is look at FACTS, and be fair in his decisions.
Celebrities abroad before getting married always write up a contract, and part of it is non disclosure. If peradventure they decide to divorce, their partners are not allowed by law to say anything about them and their time together. That's a written contract, and its binding.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 11:38am On Feb 03, 2017
Just downloaded the PDF version of the book,the free one tho could not afford to pay 1950 on okada books for it...

Maje has a case.....but this is not UK ,na naija we dey....has anyone really been punished for public defamations? Pardon my ignorance but damn I think maje should just chill and let it die cause now the book just suddenly became popular again....

Saw maje on ontv get fit program,mehn that guy is every woman's dream,so u all blaming her for staying in a toxic relationship should chill,what else dies a woman need.....money and good sez....

1 Like

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by eyinjuege: 11:40am On Feb 03, 2017
MSEdLAW:

Being a dog he is...does not justify her becoming a bitch. ... Whatever happened to the sanctity of marriage? are they officially divorced? What happens should they decided to mend fences like Tiwa and Tbillz? What image has she painted to the world of herself? #foodforthought

Its really their business if either of them decides to honor/dishonor the sanctity of their marriage. I thought it was the husband that cheated though, unless I'm missing something? Were there allegations of infidelity about her?
If they decide to mend fences, good for them. I'm still trying to understand the image of Toke you say she painted of herself.
From the gist about the book, she lost her parents, she had low self esteem and she got married to a man who impregnated his ex.
Before her book even came out, the whole world already knew about his affair and his new baby. I think I even saw pictures of the baby somewhere before her book even came out. So what's the image she's painting? Please, let's all be objective and not be sentimental about things.
Many people go through what's she's gone through, and even more sef. The only difference is that their own book about their lives might be even more interesting, but nobody will still buy it.

2 Likes

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by KingOfAmebo(m): 11:46am On Feb 03, 2017
eyinjuege:
Orisirisi...

Have you been following Toke upandan to know she never slept with any other man apart from Maje...dont chook mouth in another person matter cuz you no dey there.

1 Like

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by eyinjuege: 12:00pm On Feb 03, 2017
KingOfAmebo:

Have you been following Toke upandan to know she never slept with any other man apart from Maje...dont chook mouth in another person matter cuz you no dey there.

KingofAmebo, you wey dey there you can chook mouth in my matter?

Eke is my hobby. Gbeborun

Just carry your wahala and go
Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by OYIBN: 12:03pm On Feb 03, 2017
l have taken my time to read all the postings. Many write from a position of ignorance of what takes place in a law court. Many write not on facts but sentiments from the point of view of who they like- either Maje or Toke. Libel cases are hard to prove and usually take years. The case will crawl from Federal High court to Appeal Court and Supreme court. Every little legal point will travel this route while the main case will be suspended at the Federal High Court. The person suing must prove libel. Only first names were used in the book. How many Maje's and Anita's do we have in Nigeria and worldwide? No court grants unreasonable requests. Most of his requests are unreasonable. l am curious as to why he is not asking for damages? Why no mention of sex tapes? As l am writing Toke and Maje are still legally married. There is no evidence he filed for divorce, Toke did. He has a child outside marriage which proves adultery. The normal action he should have taken is to write his own book to counter hers and expose her lies. Alternatively he could sue as he has done and ask for damages. For those who noted Maje attended Toke's birthday. He did not. lt is Toke's rumoured boyfriend based in the US that surprised her with his presence. He bears a striking resemblance to Maje. You can google this. lt is on the internet.

4 Likes

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by ghostwritter(m): 12:09pm On Feb 03, 2017
vivaciousvivi:

I have an E-copy.
Would that do?
Free of course...
Madam, pls I will be so glad if you can help send that e-copy of the book into my email
osuleman11@gmail.com
Edumaré bless you gan.
Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by dumie(f): 12:19pm On Feb 03, 2017
columbus007:
damn,and that word toxic kinda, and what's your stand.
Let's start with your stand

1 Like

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by 4dor: 12:35pm On Feb 03, 2017
eyinjuege:

Toke equally has a right to her privacy, and can equally choose to discuss what happened in her marriage.
She wrote a memoir about her life. She's not living alone on the moon, and has day to day interactions with other humans. I haven't read her book and frankly, I really am indifferent about her life.
Most of what I know about her book and her marriage is what's written on gossip sites. I undrrdtand she's an OAP but I don't even know what station she's on. I'm not a fan or whatever. Just a neutral person.
The book wasn't based on her marriage alone, though people choose that part to feed on.
Obasanjo wrote memoirs, mentioned names and appalling actions of others based on his perceptions.
Many people who worked with princess Diana have all written memoirs about their lives, but she always played a major part of their books. Their perceptions of alleged affairs etc. That doesn't necessarily call for a law suit.
Because you have high profile names handling your case does not necessarily mean your suit is actionable.
All a judge is there to do is look at FACTS, and be fair in his decisions.
Celebrities abroad before getting married always write up a contract, and part of it is non disclosure. If peradventure they decide to divorce, their partners are not allowed by law to say anything about them and their time together. That's a written contract, and its binding.

With all the facts you have stated you have failed to show one basic fact. Is marriage a premise for taking away ones privacy rights? Agreed we all have our right to privacy, can we then say because Toke was married to Maje, so she has a right to infringe on his privacy?

Even though I'm not privy to most of the details, I know smart people exclude actual names when writing about details like that, she has goofed on this one. I'll wait to see what the judge has to say.

1 Like

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by eyinjuege: 12:46pm On Feb 03, 2017
4dor:

With all the facts you have stated you have failed to show one basic fact. Is marriage a premise for taking away ones privacy rights? Agreed we all have our right to privacy, can we then say because Toke was married to Maje, so she has a right to infringe on his privacy?

Even though I'm not privy to most of the details, I know smart people exclude actual names when writing about details like that, she has goofed on this one. I'll wait to see what the judge has to say.

The truth is, if she lied about their relationship, the judge will have a lot to say. But if what she wrote about him in her book regarding their life together is true, then what is the whole self-righteous indignation about?
Was he defamed? Was his character assassinated? Was she lying on him when she said he had affairs with other women?
It is folly for one to deceive oneself, even if you succeed in deceiving the whole world. One can only remain true to self.
Also of note is the fact that it was already on the major blogs around that Maje had impregnated someone else even long before her book came out. She only just repeated what everyone knew, but now from her own perspective..

Meanwhile, regarding the invasion of privacy. It can be argued either way. Toke was telling her own lifestory, shes not a third party.
It would be interesting to know the law in Nigeria about such anyway.

3 Likes

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by vivaciousvivi(f): 12:57pm On Feb 03, 2017
ghostwritter:

Madam, pls I will be so glad if you can help send that e-copy of the book into my email
osuleman11@gmail.com
Edumaré bless you gan.
Done
Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by vivaciousvivi(f): 12:57pm On Feb 03, 2017
Divay22:

Alright I'll do just that,when it has been restored
Or u can give me ur email if u are comfortable doing so here. Cheers
Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by vivaciousvivi(f): 1:03pm On Feb 03, 2017
Ishilove:

That wasn't Maje. That was her new boo
I see. No wonder
Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by Divay22(f): 1:23pm On Feb 03, 2017
vivaciousvivi:

Or u can give me ur email if u are comfortable doing so here. Cheers
thanks babe..i got it kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mayorkun: Why Nigerian Weddings Don’t Last / Snoop Dogg Is Now Snoop Lion, Says He Is Bob Marley Reincarnated / Nollywood is filled with gossip, envy, backstabbing – Iyabo Ojo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.