Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" (19628 Views)

Egor Efiok Shades Toke Makinwa Over Her Plastic Surgery Ass And Bleaching / Toke Makinwa And Maje Ayida Have Lunch Together / Toke Makinwa Before & After Bleaching For Maje Ayida (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by ghostwritter(m): 1:41pm On Feb 03, 2017
vivaciousvivi:

Done
wow....God bless you madamë. just got it.
I do not intend to be pushy but I will be glad if you have more of such books...u will make my day.
sorry I peeped upon ur profile picture and realized u are.....beautiful
Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by MAYOWAAK: 1:47pm On Feb 03, 2017
Divay22:
Where can I get the book self cool

PM your email address.I have an e-copy.
Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by Olami90: 1:58pm On Feb 03, 2017
vivaciousvivi:
Divay22 for some odd reason, I can't open your quote.
Ok, kindly pm me.
Cheers smiley
Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by Twy: 2:00pm On Feb 03, 2017
The guy is on the short end, it would have been better to talk to her not to print the book. Unless, he has money to spend on lawyers and bribe the register and judges to expedite the case, the case can last 10 years in high court and appeal court. Also, the best he can do is win compensation, the book will be published, however, if toke can prove the contents to be true then 10 yeas in court which at the compesation if he wins may not be more than lawyers fees.
Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by Olami90: 2:49pm On Feb 03, 2017
vivaciousvivi:

I have an E-copy.
Would that do?
Free of course...

Please,may I have an e-copy too?
Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by Lolsd: 5:58pm On Feb 03, 2017
so yeah all thought toke makinwa did not no dat something like dis would happen ........ maje ayide shld go nd sleep, hug transformer, .!!!! let him call d whole lawyers nothing will happen d book as been sold nd it's still selling in Nigeria nd across other Africa continents. Dat guy no get case
Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:07pm On Feb 04, 2017
Olami90:

Please,may I have an e-copy too?
Of course. Your email pls...
Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:08pm On Feb 04, 2017
ghostwritter:

wow....God bless you madamë. just got it.
I do not intend to be pushy but I will be glad if you have more of such books...u will make my day.
sorry I peeped upon ur profile picture and realized u are.....beautiful
Thank you.
I replied your email about other books.
Cheers
Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by Olami90: 9:29am On Feb 05, 2017
vivaciousvivi:

Of course. Your email pls...

I already sent you a pm
Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by laudate: 12:09am On Feb 06, 2017
eyinjuege:
The truth is, if she lied about their relationship, the judge will have a lot to say. But if what she wrote about him in her book regarding their life together is true, then what is the whole self-righteous indignation about?
Was he defamed? Was his character assassinated? Was she lying on him when she said he had affairs with other women?
It is folly for one to deceive oneself, even if you succeed in deceiving the whole world. One can only remain true to self.
Also of note is the fact that it was already on the major blogs around that Maje had impregnated someone else even long before her book came out. She only just repeated what everyone knew, but now from her own perspective..

Meanwhile, regarding the invasion of privacy. It can be argued either way. Toke was telling her own lifestory, shes not a third party.
It would be interesting to know the law in Nigeria about such anyway.

Abi, o! Thank you, jare. undecided Most of those making comments here have NOT even read the book! Did she call him names or use four letter words on him? What kind of defamation, biko nu? shocked All she did was to say exactly what went wrong in their marriage and the roles that each of them played in contributing to its demise. All she quoted in her book were the facts! Isn't it true that he was having an affair with another girl, while they were married? Isn't it true that the girl gave birth to a child for him out of wedlock, while he was still married to Toke? These are the facts! Maje should either put up with it, shrug it off and lie low, or write his own book stating his own side of the story. Period! angry

By asking his lawyers to write to her, he is just giving her book free publicity. Now those who were not interested before, would get curious and rush out to buy the book! In fact, if one producer succeeds in turning that book into a film, Toke will smile to the bank for many months to come... sad
Re: Maje Ayida Hires UK And Nigerian Lawyers To Sue Toke Makinwa Over "On Becoming" by laudate: 12:11am On Feb 06, 2017
MSEdLAW:
Being a dog he is...does not justify her becoming a bitch. ... Whatever happened to the sanctity of marriage? are they officially divorced? What happens should they decided to mend fences like Tiwa and Tbillz? What image has she painted to the world of herself? #foodforthought

What 'sanctity'? shocked Did Maje think about the sanctity of his marriage to Toke, when he went round Lagos frollicking with another woman and getting her pregnant outside wedlock?

dominique:
Anita the babymama should sue her also. You don't go dragging people in the mud just to make a few bucks.

Why should Anita the baby mama sue her? What would she gain?? Unless she wants to show her cluelessness to the world. Didn't Anita the baby mama know that Maje was married to Toke, before she decided to get pregnant for this same married man and have his baby outside wedlock?? sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Snoop Dogg Is Now Snoop Lion, Says He Is Bob Marley Reincarnated / Harrysong Campaigning For Governor Ifeanyi Okowa Reelection / Mayorkun: Why Nigerian Weddings Don’t Last

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.