Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: 03/02/2017 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: 03/02/2017 (21588 Views)

Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: Judgement Day Today / Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 5 / Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal To Declare Him Winner Of Edo Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: 03/02/2017 by Chiedu4Trump: 3:32pm On Feb 03, 2017
Even if everybody had left Edof state and migrated else where, APC still would have had votes.

PDP just know that Buhari has taken rigging to another level
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: 03/02/2017 by evansjeff(m): 3:33pm On Feb 03, 2017
Time wasters
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: 03/02/2017 by Akinaukwa: 3:33pm On Feb 03, 2017
All these facts are not even near the evidences produced during Abia State Gubernatorial election and yet the Tribunal upheld the election of the Governor. Am not taking sides but how judgement swerves to the wrong direction is what I cannot tell.
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: 03/02/2017 by Grundig: 3:43pm On Feb 03, 2017
so what's the update? is obaseki still governor? has the tribunal given iyamu a lifeline?
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: 03/02/2017 by evansjeff(m): 3:43pm On Feb 03, 2017
Ok
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: 03/02/2017 by evansjeff(m): 3:48pm On Feb 03, 2017
Hemanwel:
It was visible even to the blind that the governorship election in Edo was manipulated in favour of the APC
candidate,Godwin Obaseki. Pastor Ize Iyamu must reclaim his mandate!
Who is this one? Are you okay? Anyways it's your right to dream, keep dreaming.
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: 03/02/2017 by zoomzoom(m): 3:50pm On Feb 03, 2017
wunmi590:
If by Monday our president is not back, they should declare Tuesday and Wednesday public holidays so that all of us will go and look for our president. Our president can't go to London and be missing like that.... Let them open boarder, we all go to London and look for him....

I can't for the life of me understand how we got here.
Only in this country Nigeria ,
It started from:
Missing Chibok girls!.....
Missing Certificate!...
Missing Budget!....
Missing Moon!....
And now,.. Huh,.
Missing President!!...
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: 03/02/2017 by bejeria101(m): 4:25pm On Feb 03, 2017
tunderay:
PDP are just wasting their time and resources, though its good they test their strength in court, but I know they will still lose. All these are known to Ondo PDP , hence they didn't bother to go to court.

When its your turn do what u like,justice must prevail except u are frm japan that u wldnt knw that the election was rigged.
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: 03/02/2017 by yaki84: 4:50pm On Feb 03, 2017
wunmi590:
If by Monday our president is not back, they should declare Tuesday and Wednesday public holidays so that all of us will go and look for our president. Our president can't go to London and be missing like that.... Let them open boarder, we all go to London and look for him....

Only in this country Nigeria ,
It started from:
Missing Chibok girls!.....
Missing Certificate!...
Missing Budget!....
Missing Moon!....
And now,.. Huh,.
Missing President!!...
which president miss?
President wey we dey see everyday for pinshure upandan.

Abi u no de see am?

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: 03/02/2017 by duality(m): 5:13pm On Feb 03, 2017
Andyg:
Rigging? Pls save me a river. if Rivers and Akwa Ibom cant be upturn by the so called judges, Edo can not be an exception unless if Ghana must go is not shared

See the sentiments of those who claim to be fighting corruption.
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: 03/02/2017 by toogbasky(m): 6:00pm On Feb 03, 2017
Hemanwel:
It was visible even to the blind that the governorship election in Edo was manipulated in favour of the APC
candidate,Godwin Obaseki. Pastor Ize Iyamu must reclaim his mandate!

Na wa 4 all dis people sef, even if d APC is bad, you think Edo people would open their two eyes and vote for that snake pastor ize iyamu, we are fools no more.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: 03/02/2017 by toogbasky(m): 6:03pm On Feb 03, 2017
For my area, both APC and PDP share money jare, both of dem use thugs too, so make dem stop to dey blame APC, dey learnt dis style of politics 4rm PDP, well I trust Oshio baba, as Iyamu get prove na so dat stubborn man stil get him own prove
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: 03/02/2017 by Dsov2016: 6:10pm On Feb 03, 2017
engineerboat or whatever ur name is the thunder wey go fire u for d lie u dey spread still they do press up. I know no say na mostly mugus fill these nairaland. See as una just they chop lie of say ize iyamu win election 4 Edo state like say na honey una dey chop. For the avoidance of doubt ize iyamu cannot win any election in Edo state except on social media. We in Benin have been watching their so called witnesses fumble since trial began.
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: 03/02/2017 by Dsov2016: 6:11pm On Feb 03, 2017
This is the same ize iyamu who was ssg and chopping Edo state money under lucky igbinedion, he thought he could win against obaseki who was part of oshiomole administration who brought infrastructural development not seen side the time of ogbemudia in the 60s and 70s. This same ize iyamu who was part of the government that pioneered agbero government and executive rascality. Well we in Edo state know he is just using this to explain the money which PDP governors contributed to him
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: 03/02/2017 by edithodg(f): 6:11pm On Feb 03, 2017
Not ticking the accreditation boxes of the voters register is negligence on the part of INEC adhoc staffs. They just go to trainings without learning or listening to what they are been taught.Majority of them are always confused when they get to the field.
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: 03/02/2017 by engineerboat(m): 6:53pm On Feb 03, 2017
In continuation of the tribunal
Another witness from Egor LGA who is a ward collation agent revealed that the column for voting and accreditations was not ticked but he voted.

This was to the surprise of the tribunal judge
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: 03/02/2017 by engineerboat(m): 7:15pm On Feb 03, 2017
Dsov2016:
engineerboat or whatever ur name is the thunder wey go fire u for d lie u dey spread still they do press up. I know no say na mostly mugus fill these nairaland. See as una just they chop lie of say ize iyamu win election 4 Edo state like say na honey una dey chop. For the avoidance of doubt ize iyamu cannot win any election in Edo state except on social media. We in Benin have been watching their so called witnesses fumble since trial began.

see painment.

Go and take panadol, it will do you good.

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: 03/02/2017 by engineerboat(m): 7:17pm On Feb 03, 2017
more updates:

The counsel to the 3rd respondent (Godwin Obaseki, L. O. Fagbemi (SAN) just deliberately instructed the registrar of the court to hand exhibit PO 274 (5) containing the voters register to the witness from Ovia South-West to start counting all the ticked box for accreditation, this was granted by the judge.

After the counting it was discovered that INEC recorded 270 accredited voters but the total figures counted by the witness was 265 from the voters register (CTC).

The counsel to the petitioner raised an objection that each respondents have been allotted 4 Minutes each to cross-examine witnesses but that there was a deliberate attempt by the counsel to the 3rd respondent to count the ticking of a voter register which took 30 minutes in order to waste the time of the petitioner.
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: 03/02/2017 by engineerboat(m): 7:18pm On Feb 03, 2017
The Witness from Udo in Ovia South-West CROSS-EXAMINATION BY COUNSEL TO INEC.

This election was conducted in September 28th 2016 ,was it that very day you did this computation?

Witness - Yes.

Counsel -Were you at the all the PU at the same time?

Witness -That isn't possible because am not God, though I communicated with all the PU's and I also visited areas were there was complains myself.

CROSS-EXAMINATION BY COUNSEL TO APC.

Counsel - You said there was no accreditation in Units 11 & 12, how did you know there was no accreditation in those units, did you vote in those units?
Witness - I told the honourable tribunal earlier that I visited those units to see things for myself.

CROSS-EXAMINATION BY COUNSEL TO THE 3RD RESPONDENT.

Counsel- Are all humans above mistakes?

Witness - No, we are all human.

Counsel - I put it to you that, you made mistakes in your computations as stated in your deposition.

Witness - Am not aware of that but let me see my deposition to ascertain your claims.

After so many failed attempts by the counsel to mesmerize the witness proved abortive, the witness told the tribunal that he was a presiding officer in 1979 so he understands electoral matters and he can't be bamboozled by the counsel.

Finally, the counsel to the petitioner commended the witness for been a veteran and praised him for his wisdom in handling questions from L. O. Fagbemi (SAN).

He was thereafter discharged by the tribunal judge
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: 03/02/2017 by tunderay(m): 7:21pm On Feb 03, 2017
bejeria101:

When its your turn do what u like,justice must prevail except u are frm japan that u wldnt knw that the election was rigged.
eyah! I dey wait for the justice.
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: 03/02/2017 by wunmi590(m): 8:13pm On Feb 03, 2017
yaki84:

which president miss?
President wey we dey see everyday for pinshure upandan.

Abi u no de see am?

Lol grin
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: 03/02/2017 by beadaholic(f): 8:40pm On Feb 03, 2017
engineerboat:
Witness from etsako west LGA Emperor Jarett Tenabe was testifying at the Edo Petition tribunal today, while giving his testimony witness, he gave the right answers with so much confidence and also made stunning revelations which got counsels to both parties including the judges surprised at the level of fraud perpetuated by INEC/APC.

Here is the cross-examined moment:

Counsel: did you sign those INEC results

Witness: I signed, because I have the right to, though ward 11 which was cancelled wasn’t in the results I signed because the now acting deputy governor Philip Shaibu brought in thugs with guns to intimidate voters in those areas and surprisingly the results of that cancelled ward resurfaced.

Counsel: He asked for exhibit PO 27 (6) containing the INEC voters register which is now given to the witness.

“witness please look closely at that document before you, was the accreditation box ticked”
Witness: Yes, but I dint’s undergo the proper accreditation process, the INEC officials may have tick the box in absence but my lord you also look at the other side of the same document you will discover that the box for voting wasn’t ticked.

Counsel: “You didn’t make any formal complain, I put it to you!

Witness: Yes, I did complain because I was the PU agent, LGA and Ward Collation agent for my party, please you go through my deposition as a ward collation agent my complains are all well detailed there.

The judge permits the discharge of the witness.

On to the next witness

Hmm, that's my Uncle Jarrett in action.
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: 03/02/2017 by greggng: 11:46pm On Feb 03, 2017
You alll can say what u like here but I stand by obaseki due to the achievement of oshobaba in edo state. I came from a town in edo state that has no road. You ve to wait for a week before a car going to ewohime market will bring u out of that villlage. If you miss that one, you will wait a week for another market day. Today my mum told me oshobaba has tarred the road and is like paradise now. Again electricity has been installed. Iyamu can go to hell I don't care
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: 03/02/2017 by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 04, 2017
Iyamu all d way

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Atiku Bagudu Gives Suya Seller 100k To Expand His Business / Dr. Mahmud Raji To Be Imposed As CMD Of National Hospital - DAILY NIGERIAN / Yobe North Senatorial Candate: Lawan Meets Buhari Behind Closed Doors (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.