Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 5 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 5 (13432 Views)

Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: Judgement Day Today / Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 1 / Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: 03/02/2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 5 by engineerboat(m): 12:02pm On Mar 02, 2017
We are back again for the 4th day of the edo governorship election petition tribunal.

So far the 2 respondent (Obaseki) had called several witnesses to testimony but this has left much yo be desired going by the sceneroes observed from the crossed-examination of the witnesses so far.

Be that as it may today is another day.

Stayed tuned.
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 5 by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 12:05pm On Mar 02, 2017
with the new CJN i can go to bed and sleep that obaseki would lose this case grin

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 5 by engineerboat(m): 12:40pm On Mar 02, 2017
The 1st witness (2RW63) for today is Mr. Mike Awahigheme from Agenebode in Etsako East LGA, he is to be cross examined with exhibit PO 46(1), PO 46 (6), PO 4(42).

During cross examination by counsel to INEC, the witness informed the tribunal that the election was very free and fair , he also added that he was never in possession of the voters register and results during the election.

Senior counsel to the petitioner, Mallam Yesuf Ali (SAN) introduced A.Adelodu (SAN) to handle cross examination on behalf of the PDP.
A. Adelodu (SAN) started by asking the witness to confirm using exhibit PO 260(1-7) was used in your ward?

In his usual Interjection, Ken Mozia (SAN) objected the question saying that the question was immaterial to the Cross examination

But responding Adelodu (SAN) refreshed the mind of the judge back to the 7th day of February 2017 were he ruled in favour of this issue being debated, that the evidence which is already in court can be identified by the witness.

He was asked again and his reply was that he doesn't know, I haven't seen that document he added.

Adelodu (SAN) told the witness to look at exhibit PO 206(6) and confirm if there are any tickings to either side of that document?

This question was again objected by Ken Mozia (SAN) counsel to the 2nd respondent, upon the premise that the witness can be used to interpret the document in favour of the petitioner.

However, counsel to the petitioner, A.Adelodu (SAN) told the court that since the witness had earlier said there was accreditation and no over voting, he should be allowed to cross examine him in order ascertain if there was anything contrary to his claims.

This move was objected by counsel to the 2nd respondent Ken Mozia (SAN), but in short ruling, the judge instructed A.Adelodu to continue with the cross examination of the witness in view of paragraph 15 of his deposition.

Adelodu - Is there any tickings to the left or right of that document?

Witness- I don't know if its to the left or right but there are tickings on the photographs.

Adelodu - Please confirm on same page 2 the same question on that document.

Witness- There are tickings but I don't know if there are tickings to the left or right but on the voters register.
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 5 by searchng4love: 12:43pm On Mar 02, 2017
Following
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 5 by engineerboat(m): 12:51pm On Mar 02, 2017
The 2nd witness (2RW64), Comrade Ogun John Oleghe , a public servant from Agenebode in Etsako East LGA, he is been cross examined with exhibit PO 4(40), PO 45(1-9), PO 259(1-cool.

When asked if he knows the meaning of over voting ,he said No.

On what document was the accreditation done in your polling unit, A. Adelodu [SAN] asked.

Witness - The voters register was used.

Adelodu - Please give the witness exhibit PO 259(1)and confirm that those are the voters register used in units 1& 6?

Witness- I don't know, I didn't vote in unit 6, but you were the ward collation of your party the counsel asked.
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 5 by engineerboat(m): 12:52pm On Mar 02, 2017
The 3rd witness (2RW65) Hon. Ifedayo Esheshi, a businessman from Okpella , Etsako East, he is cross examined with exhibit PO 51-59, PO 4(46).

Adelodu - In paragraph 6 of your desposition you said accreditation and voting took place at your polling unit.

Witness - Yes.

Adelodu- Which came 1st accreditation or Voting?

Witness- Accreditation came first followed by voting.

Adelodu - Show the witness exhibit PO 264(2,3,4,6,7) tell this honourable court if there are no tickings to the left of the document.

Witness - There are tickings but I don't know whether its to the left or right , I need to be educated.

The witness was then discharged by the judge.
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 5 by engineerboat(m): 12:54pm On Mar 02, 2017
Here is a twist to the 2nd Respondent (Obaseki) Defense.
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 5 by engineerboat(m): 12:58pm On Mar 02, 2017
Owonikoko (SAN) counsel to the 2nd respondent told the judge that they are opting for an adjournment, we have called 65 witnesses so far and we need to reappraise the level of our defence till Monday.

We don't want to be working and calling witnesses without focus. We need to put our house in order,

My lord it's important for us to appraise ourselves and in order to know where we are going. In the light of the above, we want to move for an adjournment to Monday, the 6th of March 2017.

We are willing to forfeit two and half days of the 10 days given to us by the Tribunal. After no objection from the petitioners and 1st and 3rd respondents counsels, the Judge adjourned siting to Monday, the 6th of March and also admonished the 3rd respondent to endeavour to open its case on Tuesday.
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 5 by engineerboat(m): 1:00pm On Mar 02, 2017
Tribunal Adjourned till Monday for the 2nd Respondent (Obaseki) to close their defense.
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 5 by muykem: 1:20pm On Mar 02, 2017
Waste of time. The court is only interested in substantial compliance. All this ticking from right or left add no value.
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 5 by mrnigerdelta: 1:55pm On Mar 02, 2017
this guy above have a dead brain

11 Likes

Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 5 by Icecomrade: 2:42pm On Mar 02, 2017

Kick Obaseki out - Too much rigging.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 5 by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 2:43pm On Mar 02, 2017
muykem:
Waste of time. The court is only interested in substantial compliance. All this ticking from right or left add no value.
sarrki take time undecided

6 Likes

Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 5 by Techguyz(m): 2:44pm On Mar 02, 2017
OK grin
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 5 by WhiteHouseNaija: 2:44pm On Mar 02, 2017
Kudos to @Op

Meanwhile enjoy the gist below...

Unbelievable! Mother Kills Daughter Just Because of Eggs...How It Happened Will Leave You Speechless>>>http://uzomediangr./2017/03/02/unbelievable-mother-kills-daughter-just-because-of-eggs-how-it-happened-will-leave-you-speechless/
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 5 by Nobody: 2:45pm On Mar 02, 2017
Following
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 5 by Nobody: 2:45pm On Mar 02, 2017
Buhari go soon call the chief judge on phone to threaten him.
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 5 by holuwatobhy(m): 2:46pm On Mar 02, 2017
APC must go.

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 5 by maberry(m): 2:46pm On Mar 02, 2017
What your godfather oshiomole did to osariemen osunbor at the tribunal some 8yrs ago is what is about to happen to you Mr obaseki

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 5 by Lanre4uonly(m): 2:48pm On Mar 02, 2017
Ok. Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 5 by Christyugo: 2:51pm On Mar 02, 2017
ok APC Must Go
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 5 by scantee(m): 2:52pm On Mar 02, 2017
@Op thanks I am following this thread bumber to bumber for reason best known to me.....
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 5 by Christyugo: 2:53pm On Mar 02, 2017
Christyugo:
ok APC Must Go
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 5 by Axelrod(m): 3:05pm On Mar 02, 2017
muykem:
Really?
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 5 by sarrki(m): 3:20pm On Mar 02, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

sarrki take time undecided

Nah me you dey see for dream?

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 5 by searchng4love: 3:29pm On Mar 02, 2017
sarrki:

Nah me you dey see for dream?
mrkayusfit hi
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 5 by AdiDami: 3:29pm On Mar 02, 2017
Hmmm! Its getting more and more interesting
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 5 by wethebest(m): 3:32pm On Mar 02, 2017
watching in 3D
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 5 by bestguycheat: 3:39pm On Mar 02, 2017
make PDP win oh,,,,,,, cause I know that PDP won the election buh de use mago mago take swap am enter APC hand grin

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 5 by EAZY2422(m): 4:35pm On Mar 02, 2017
mrnigerdelta:
this guy above have a dead brain
can't agree with you less.he surely need a change of brain.oh! how i wish dis was possible.
Re: Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: APC Defense Day 5 by EAZY2422(m): 4:38pm On Mar 02, 2017
karma! Oh karma! What are you about to do in edo state? Obaseki about to pay for the sins of his predeccesor which was commited some 8yrs ago.

(1) (2) (Reply)

INEC Registers 21 New Parties (Full List) / Begin Impeachment Proceedings Against Buhari Now-ffk / My Lawyer Qualified To Handle My Case Against Buhari - Atiku Tells INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.