Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,984 members, 7,866,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:46 PM

Why I Don’t Wear Uniform – Customs Boss, Hammed Alli - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Don’t Wear Uniform – Customs Boss, Hammed Alli (42219 Views)

List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform / Senator Yayi Tells Hameed Ali: "Go Back And Wear Uniform" / Senators Hold Close Door Meeting With Customs Boss Hameed Ali. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Don’t Wear Uniform – Customs Boss, Hammed Alli by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 11:56pm On Feb 03, 2017
Olubukola16:
Mtcheewwww....... arrant nonsense! When he knew that, why did he accept the appointment in the 1st instance. Oga, that's a flimsy excuse. Honestly, everything about this govt is wrong, why would a retired army be appointed as a CG of customs.

haha pained wailer sorry he will not wear it and nothing your likes can do...
Re: Why I Don’t Wear Uniform – Customs Boss, Hammed Alli by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 11:59pm On Feb 03, 2017
SillyeRabbit:
His reason does not make sense. He should be sacked if he's not ready to comply with Nigeria customs rules. And he's being going about in normal attire since 2015...You can tell this government is a lawless one.

LOL sorry pained wailer hahahah, He will not wear uniform make una go jump inside lagoon...

Beside who wan sack am the Senate? hahhaha joke of the century hhahha mogbe ooo
Re: Why I Don’t Wear Uniform – Customs Boss, Hammed Alli by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 12:03am On Feb 04, 2017
kenzysmith:
Go n sit down criminal so dat he can easily collet bribe

hahahaha i guess you need to go and read about him, He is one of the best Military man we ever had..
Re: Why I Don’t Wear Uniform – Customs Boss, Hammed Alli by Cromagnon: 6:31am On Feb 04, 2017
SillyeRabbit:
His reason does not make sense. He should be sacked if he's not ready to comply with Nigeria customs rules. And he's being going about in normal attire since 2015...You can tell this government is a lawless one.
he is not a custom officer. he is a special administrator
Re: Why I Don’t Wear Uniform – Customs Boss, Hammed Alli by NaMeAboki: 7:27am On Feb 04, 2017
Fearcom:

I know Ali VERY WELL, right from when he was a military Governor. the main reason for the noise being made is because he has curbed corruption within the customs. A lot of people who are supposed to be ordinary civil servants are stupendously and unbelievably rich with NO TANGIBLE EXPLANATION as to how they came into such wealth with no other source of income or business apart from their job. No more growing fat. No more sharing of revenue running into BILLIONS of naira. it isn't BUSINESS AS USUAL and A LOT of people aren't happy about that......no just look at the new policy they are trying to implement with the clause "No Outsider". hmmm....if we don't kill corruption it will eventually kill Nigeria oh

Guy, you hit the nail on the head.

I am also at a loss why the senators should think a man who is not a custom officer should wear the official uniform of a profession he never belonged, I beg to also ask what rank should he wear and what law compels him to do so as the administrative head of the organisation? I suspect none; and that would explain why they were threatening to go back to the drawing board to change the law in order to prevent anyone other than a custom officer from heading the organisation - it is obvious they are only motivated by sentiments.

I was also very disappointed with their lack of decorum and over bearing attitude bordering on disrespect towards him, which appeared on Channels TV; you could clearly sense that the matter was more personal and emotional than professional - and may not be far from a conflict of interest between his strict uncorrupt stance and their usual corrupt demands.

I pity our youths who allow sentiments other than common sense to influence their judgement.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Wear Uniform – Customs Boss, Hammed Alli by Olubukola16(f): 8:10am On Feb 04, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

haha pained wailer sorry he will not wear it and nothing your likes can do...

Yes, I'm a pained wailer as long as it's for my dear country. Are you satisfied? I knew it from the outset that APC and it's members had nothing tangible to offer, they only wanted to drive GEJ away (which was still OK by me coz he had too many corrupt people in his cabinet and things were already going out of hand though, things were not expensive then, as they are now) and thanks to them for doing that; at least now, people can clearly see the differences and compare.
Re: Why I Don’t Wear Uniform – Customs Boss, Hammed Alli by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 8:28am On Feb 04, 2017
Olubukola16:

Yes, I'm a pained wailer as long as it's for my dear country. Are you satisfied? I knew it from the outset that APC and it's members had nothing tangible to offer, they only wanted to drive GEJ away (which was still OK by me coz he had too many corrupt people in his cabinet and things were already going out of hand though, things were not expensive then, as they are now) and thanks to them for doing that; at least now, people can clearly see the differences and compare.

Yes we see the different we are still facing the consequence of our yesterday, Beside we are in economy recession which not affecting only Nigeria but other oil producing Nations...
Re: Why I Don’t Wear Uniform – Customs Boss, Hammed Alli by adetem(m): 10:16am On Feb 04, 2017
thank God he know his right that is not permit to wear custom uniform, but what i don't understand at first place is why baba did not appoint another person than retire army col? or their is no other person that can act as CG?
Re: Why I Don’t Wear Uniform – Customs Boss, Hammed Alli by Fearcom(m): 11:45am On Feb 04, 2017
Olubukola16:

So, you mean he has not even taken or benefited 1 kobo from the customs' treasury Let's not deceive ourselves, in one way or the other, the people that we claim to be corruption-free are involved in corrupt practices, it's just that it's minimal. I won't believe it's not business as usual in customs until they start employing more of the poor and helpless masses than their family members and allies .

My dear sister let me tell you one bitter truth: This man's(Ali) mates who were military governors with him in the 90's are still billionaire's- over twenty five years after leaving office. I always say that no civilian political office holder can ever be as rich as their military counterparts who occupied political office. why?? 1.No body could ever know how much The military stole. 2. No body could EVER question them and 3.They were NEVER INVESTIGATED after leaving office and 4. They are behind the biggest businesses in the country. Abacha died in 1998-Almost 20 years ago- and Nigeria is still in the process of recovering what he stole: nearly a BILLION DOLLARS. His family is still extremely wealthy. look at oil and gas, banking, real estate etc there's no lucrative business sector where you won't find retired military brass. I can't say all that I know on this public forum but like I said, I know this man's life. He stood out among his corrupt collegues.if you weren't a thief when you were a young military Governor who no one could ever question you if you stole, what will make you a thief as an old man as head of customs. Old habits die hard. A highly disciplined man all his life cannot suddenly turn at the twilight of his life and become a thief.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku Returns To Nigeria, No Assurances Of Entering US Without Being Arrested / Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? / Where Is Channelstv's Seun Okinbaloye?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.