Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Emigrating From The West To Nigeria / Ghana - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Emigrating From The West To Nigeria / Ghana (4874 Views)

The Evil That Await The West. / Four Boats With 350 Migrants From Nigeria, Ghana, Others Land In Italy / Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, China, India And Others Regarded As 'high Risk' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emigrating From The West To Nigeria / Ghana by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 03, 2009
Just curious to see if any one here has lived in the West for 10 years or more, put down roots - i.e own home, cars, good job / self-employment, then decided to sell up, give up their job, and move back home to Nigeria / Ghana? What were the challenges faced? Was it worth it? How did they adjust to life in a different country, and if applicable, how did your spouse / children cope?

Would be nice to hear some testimonies from those who've moved back, and how they're coping in newer surroundings. Life's about taking risks, and pushing boundaries. And the grass could well be greener in Nigeria or Ghana. smiley
Re: Emigrating From The West To Nigeria / Ghana by beknown(m): 3:18pm On Dec 03, 2009
@Poster,

I have not moved to Nigeria but I visit from time to time. My last visit was 2006, long time ago. I do not have plan to move there now, I need my own house there first.

My friend moved back there in 2006 because he lost his job and he was home sick.

According to my friend, he resides in Lekki. He built his own house (two houses - semi detached) in one plot of land. He rented out one of the semi-detached house and lives in the other one with his family. My friend said he cannot even afford to buy a similar house at the same location as at today's market price.

My friend opened a supermarket with his wife where his wife works with support of some assistants. He is into property developing. He likes it in Nigeria. His children are attending private secondary school. However, he intends to send his children back to the UK for university when they finish secondary school.

Returning to Nigeria is a risk. The most important thing is to have your house ready in Nigeria to move into. You may rent a place in Nigeria but there is nothing like your own house as a family person. You can rent and choose the area carefully.

You have to be ready to employ yourself in Nigeria - self employment/entrepreneurship.

My suggestion is that one of you (you or your spouse) should go and test the ground in Nigeria first before you move there with the whole family. This must be agreed amicably, no fighting because I have heard fights before about it.

In planning to move to Nigeria, plan for all your children and yourself. If you move to Nigeria in a rush, you may move back to the UK in a rush. Careful planning.

Risk is good but you must anticipate the situation and provide for adequate risk management before you embark on any risk.

Do not plan to depend on anyone in Nigeria.
Do not plan to be executive and luxurious, just be modest in all your ways.

Finally, pray and trust God.
Re: Emigrating From The West To Nigeria / Ghana by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 03, 2009
Nice write-up, Beknown. A lot of decent points you raised too.

Anyone else have anything to share?
Re: Emigrating From The West To Nigeria / Ghana by akinalabi(m): 5:39pm On Dec 03, 2009
Now Siena, dont tel me you want to relocate  cheesy

Anyway, my living int the UK wasnt up to a decade. Less than half sef. Can I contribute?
Re: Emigrating From The West To Nigeria / Ghana by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 03, 2009
akinalabi:

Now Siena, dont tel me you want to relocate  cheesy

Anyway, mine wasnt up to a decade. Less than half sef. Can I contribute?

And why not? That way I don't keep on missing my Nigerian brothers and sisters!  cheesy

A hypothetical question though, but who knows?  wink

Feel free to contribute - did you miss Nigeria loads, whilst you were in the UK?
Re: Emigrating From The West To Nigeria / Ghana by ayomifull(f): 8:15pm On Dec 03, 2009
Your best bet is Ghana if you can get something going there for you. I've no lived there but was on 10 days holiday there sometimes ago and believe me if i have my way i will gladly relocate there.

Nigeria Dont ask, go there for 3 months you wouldnt need anyone's to tell you what to do.
Re: Emigrating From The West To Nigeria / Ghana by temodent(m): 8:28pm On Dec 03, 2009
The best advice had been given up there, however like the last contributor if really the options of either Nigeria or Ghana are opened to you please do not hesitate to jump at Ghana, I may further suggest that while your family are fully relocated in Ghana you may choose to shuttle between Nigeria and Ghana for Business prospects but fior your family Ghana is a saner environment than here. Thank you
Re: Emigrating From The West To Nigeria / Ghana by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 03, 2009
Have heard good about Ghana, I've been there too, en route to Nigeria when I was about 6, so can't remember anything about the country!
Re: Emigrating From The West To Nigeria / Ghana by solo1: 3:50pm On Dec 04, 2009
ayomifull:

Your best bet is Ghana if you can get something going there for you. I've no lived there but was on 10 days holiday there sometimes ago and believe me if i have my way i will gladly relocate there.

Nigeria Dont ask, go there for 3 months you wouldnt need anyone's to tell you what to do.

Why do people always think Nigeria is the worst place to be?With all the great things happening there,its a good place to be undermining the security situation,which is not worst than South Africa.

POSTER,
Try and find out how big time garage started in Nigeria.Life is all about taking risk and confronting obstacles.
Re: Emigrating From The West To Nigeria / Ghana by atessy03(m): 4:26pm On Dec 04, 2009
Ghana ke? embarassed abeg, come back home, ajo Kodabi ile ooo embarassed
Re: Emigrating From The West To Nigeria / Ghana by beknown(m): 4:58pm On Dec 04, 2009
@Poster,

There is no need to sojourn to another country when you are wanting to return to your own country after a long time. Forget Ghana, if you must return, then return to Nigeria for good.

I want you to be aware that Nigeria is good, depending on who you talk to. Nigerians who live in Lekki, VGC and VI think and talk differently to Nigerians who live in Abule-Egba and Mushin.

When I visited Nigeria in 2006, I stayed in mainland Lagos (Abule-Egba and Mushin). I was not impressed at all. Everything was wrong - no light, no water, dirty environment, etc.

When I went to Lekki, VI and VGC, it was like another country. If you can afford the high prices in Lekki, VI and VGC you will not regret your stay in Nigeria at all. In fact, the environment is closer to what you are used to in Oyinbo land and security is far better. You can live and work in Lekki, VI and VGC without going anywhere else in Nigeria.

Also, if you have more money, Abuja is another place to be. Living in Abuja is good - far better electricity than mainland Lagos. Better organised but very expensive accommodation. Renting and buying property in Abuja can be expensive. Meanwhile, some people live in the outskirt of Abuja and travel into Abuja for work.

Well, better to visit Nigeria for investigation before you decide finally.
Re: Emigrating From The West To Nigeria / Ghana by SeanT21(f): 5:08pm On Dec 04, 2009
Go to Ghana please.
Re: Emigrating From The West To Nigeria / Ghana by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 04, 2009
SeanT21:

Go to Ghana please.

why  Ghana ko, ghaskia ni

@Poster, Go go Naija all the way,  lots of fun out there,  you gonna enjoy it

beknown:

@Poster,

There is no need to sojourn to another country when you are wanting to return to your own country after a long time. Forget Ghana, if you must return, then return to Nigeria for good.

I want you to be aware that Nigeria is good, depending on who you talk to. Nigerians who live in Lekki, VGC and VI think and talk differently to Nigerians who live in Abule-Egba and Mushin.

When I visited Nigeria in 2006, I stayed in mainland Lagos (Abule-Egba and Mushin). I was not impressed at all. Everything was wrong - no light, no water, dirty environment, etc.

When I went to Lekki, VI and VGC, it was like another country. If you can afford the high prices in Lekki, VI and VGC you will not regret your stay in Nigeria at all. In fact, the environment is closer to what you are used to in Oyinbo land and security is far better. You can live and work in Lekki, VI and VGC without going anywhere else in Nigeria.

Also, if you have more money, Abuja is another place to be. Living in Abuja is good - far better electricity than mainland Lagos. Better organised but very expensive accommodation. Renting and buying property in Abuja can be expensive. Meanwhile, some people live in the outskirt of Abuja and travel into Abuja for work.

Well, better to visit Nigeria for investigation before you decide finally.

na so
Re: Emigrating From The West To Nigeria / Ghana by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 04, 2009
Re: Emigrating From The West To Nigeria / Ghana by solo1: 7:07pm On Dec 04, 2009
Nairalanders we have to be intelletually minded when dealing with complex issues.Firstly there is always a logic to an idea,before any one moving back to Nigeria,logically he/she knows Nigeria is not the USA,UK etc.If that is settled,secondly you will want to see how you can live a life close to what is obtainable in the west and that is depedent on your financial position.Even right here in the west you pay for ALL the "luxuries",but the difference is the level of inflation which higher in Nigeria.
Hypothetically any one relocation from Nigeria to the west cannot survive with N10 in his pocket so it is when moving over to Nigeria.
Re: Emigrating From The West To Nigeria / Ghana by AngieFan(f): 8:12pm On Dec 04, 2009
Hi Siena

Sorry have nothing relevant to add to the topic of this thread but I just wanted to say that you and your Misses make the cutest couple ever!! grin grin

Up Up Deltans!! and Britons cool
Re: Emigrating From The West To Nigeria / Ghana by dnative(m): 9:11pm On Dec 04, 2009
If the intended move is for you, I will say based on what I know you do, there is a huge potential for doing what you do on a grand scale in an upscale area in Nigeria. However a significant amount of funding and careful planning is required. If you are able to get sponsorship to do this on a grand scale, this is pretty much virgin territory where quality of service delivery is quite low and people are open to paying premium rates for such services. And from what has been seen of you so far here, it won't be long to make your mark nationwide - but with good funding to start with.

If otherwise, my generic advice is that such move should be in phases, plan couple of months to test the waters without abandoning all your resources/contacts over here in the UK such that you have an exit plan that can be readily and easily invoked if things don't work out.
Re: Emigrating From The West To Nigeria / Ghana by Nobody: 11:50pm On Dec 04, 2009
AngieFan:

Hi Siena

Sorry have nothing relevant to add to the topic of this thread but I just wanted to say that you and your Misses make the cutest couple ever!! grin grin

Up Up Deltans!! and Britons cool

Thanks Angie! smiley
Re: Emigrating From The West To Nigeria / Ghana by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 04, 2009
Have read all the responses, and there are good suggestions, both for and against.

Despite Nigeria's shortcomings, it's still a country of opportunity, and rich in resources, waiting to be tapped. It's also possible to shuttle between Nigeria and the West, see how things work out.
Re: Emigrating From The West To Nigeria / Ghana by temodent(m): 7:30am On Dec 05, 2009
Still on the issue of relocating between Nigeria and Ghana, we've heard quite a number of aurguments for and against but of utmost is importance is the insinuation being made by somebody that once you are able to live around Lekki, V.I and it's axis then Nigeria would be a nice place to live in, how shallow has Agege, Ajagbandi, Oshodi, e.t.c ceased to be part of Nigeria.
How can you take a part and exclude it from the whole and still think you can get a clearer pix and who told you people leaving in all those so called high brow areas are totally immuned from the diseases affecting the country.
Besides, do you think the fact that somebody is relocating from the west meant is a millionaire able to afford the cost properties in all those areas.
Hope you read the testimony of the woman and her family whom had just relocated, with that I rest ma case. Cheersd
Re: Emigrating From The West To Nigeria / Ghana by oludayo20(m): 12:12pm On Dec 05, 2009
Hi Siena,
I was in Nigeria 2 years ago, to understudy any area of businesses that one could invest in,at the same check up on the cost of living in Nigeria for an average family with 2 young children and this are my findings:

1.Having been away from Nigeria for a long while,I realized that doing business in Nigeria is not easy,there are so many bureacracy like you must know someone.,to get things done quickly, you must give bribe (I'm not used to giving bribe!),People lie a lot to get something from you.and also it's difficult to get true value for money when you want to get things done,it's either they undercut you or you overpay,there is also the cost of generator set,overvalued business premises,(a friend wanted a small business outlet around lekki and he was charged 20 Million for a year and he must pay for 3 years i.e 60 Million) therefore making the cost of doing business in Nigeria very high.In essence to establish a good business in Nigeria you will need good money and banks are difficult to deal with, though if you are able to overcome this hurdles luck may be on your side to make good money.

2.There is also inconsistent government policies,they can't be relied on.

3.You will need to know either a senior police officer or a military man in case of uncertainties,there are some overzealous law officers that will just want to deal with you for no just reasons.I will give you an example,I was stopped by some police officers who claimed that my car was a stolen car just because I refused to give them bribe which they had earlier asked for,I was told that My car will be impounded and i will be charged to court,despite evidences with my documents,but Nigerian policemen will always want to have their way,but because I knew one of their top boss who gave an order that my car must released with immediate effect,but we all know the genesis of this story which is that I refused to offer them bribe in the first place.

4.You will need a very good lawyer,because there will be overzealous neighbours or business associate who will want to play some games on you.

5.Cost of renting an accomodation to live in ( though depending on your choice) is very expensive,and buying will be dearer as well,I know someone who bought an old house around VI around 80million and renovate for a modest 10 million you may want to look into that as well.

6.Living around VI will give you easy access to shopping malls and fairly good schools for your children.

7.I do drive myself,but not in Nigeria!,you will definitely need a good driver to drive you around lagos,He must be able to know how to avoid traffic holds,bad roads etc,among other things.

8.Be careful of fraudlent people,and you must know that you're dealing with the right people.

This advice is based on lagos alone, though this is similar to other cities in Nigeria,but you must still visit and see things for your self,If you're able to overcome this hurdles and many more that I can't remember now,then I think Nigeria will be interesting to live in,always remember ''that there's no place like home''.

Wish you luck!
Re: Emigrating From The West To Nigeria / Ghana by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 05, 2009
Hmm, I was talking to a friend today, and he also warned me about the "pay-extra-to-get-things-done".

Sometimes, it's unavoidable, and refusing to "settle" could lead to you being severely frustrated. Even labourers working on your building could create an artificial "go slow" to extract more money from you.

Still, as long as you're clued up, you'll survive just fine.
Re: Emigrating From The West To Nigeria / Ghana by AjanleKoko: 11:36pm On Dec 05, 2009
This is a bit of a soft topic, but I will contribute nonetheless,
I would say maybe you should ask yourself first why you are coming back. That might help define things in the right perspective.

A lot of people in my opinion are being hypocritical. Many who want to come back to Nigeria are considering it primarily for economic reasons, nothing more. Which I think is a bit unfair to people who live here, because, for us, it sounds like you want to eat your cake and have it. If you were coming to volunteer with the Sudan Interior Mission, for example, well, maybe your perspective might be different.

I don't see the point in comparing the cost of living, amenities, security, and employment opportunities in Nigeria with anywhere in the West. Nigeria is without a doubt a third world country. I have never for once deceived myself that it wasn't. It also has a huge population, massive political problems, unemployment, hunger, religious strife, etc., which places it squarely in the same league as Pakistan, Indonesia, Phillipines, Bangladesh, etc. But for those who see it as such, and feel we have a reason to be here, it is home, despite the many problems.

My point is, why emigrate from the West to Nigeria/Ghana? I have been to Ghana as well as many other African countries. They also don't have libraries or museums like the ones in South Kensington or La Louvre in Paris. Accra has only one shopping mall - the Accra mall, built and managed by South Africans. The shops are South African - Shoprite, Game, Mr Price, etc. At least Nigeria (Silverbird) managed to put a cinema in there, so . . . we aren't doing so badly then!

In fact, Ghana of today in my opinion is no different from Nigeria of the early 80s, when we had almost 24 hours power, no serious traffic jams, and none of the madness of Lagos of today. In summary, don't emigrate to Africa. Stay where you are. If you get a job here, come the same way the thousands of expatriates in Lagos do - without their families, sequestered in VI and Lekki, visiting the cinema every weekend, shopping only in Park N Shop, and never visiting the mainland except when you need to get out of the country. Leave Nigeria and its problems to the real indigenes.
Re: Emigrating From The West To Nigeria / Ghana by Nobody: 3:06am On Dec 06, 2009
^^^ Strong words indeed.

Nigeria is for all, be it for economic or otherwise. It's worth noting some people migrate to set up businesses. Business brings wealth, business brings employment. I can't see Nigeria turning away Nigerians, who may decide to bring in much needed revenue - we don't exactly have a lot of it.

Would you prefer Nigerians in the West, set up all their businesses outside Nigeria, and put nothing back into their motherland? Not that there's anything against that, but the latter is a better option.

Also worth noting, not every Nigerian that may decide to come home, is competing for jobs with Nigerians in Nigeria - it makes little sense. Most returnees are going the self-employed route.

Lastly, no such thing as "real indigenes", if one or both your parents are / were Nigerian, you have as much right to come and go as you please, even if you were born outside Nigeria.
Re: Emigrating From The West To Nigeria / Ghana by beknown(m): 10:29am On Dec 06, 2009
I think this topic has revealed a lot of information to help anyone moving to Nigeria to consider.

It is not the full recipe but it has opened up many areas for consideration.

If not for the numerous setbacks identified by oludayo20 and others, Nigeria has the capacity to be a developed country within a year.

Just imagine if there were procedures in Nigeria and the procedures are respected by all.

Just imagine if Nigerian professionals in the UK and USA alone were to return home with their various skills and experience - In fact Nigeria will be developed by force.

Good luck to everyone who is moving to Nigeria, that is home!.
Re: Emigrating From The West To Nigeria / Ghana by AjanleKoko: 10:06am On Dec 07, 2009
Siena:

Nigeria is for all, be it for economic or otherwise. It's worth noting some people migrate to set up businesses. Business brings wealth, business brings employment. I can't see Nigeria turning away Nigerians, who may decide to bring in much needed revenue - we don't exactly have a lot of it.

Would you prefer Nigerians in the West, set up all their businesses outside Nigeria, and put nothing back into their motherland? Not that there's anything against that, but the latter is a better option.

@ Siena,
I agree 100% with what you're saying. Nigerians abroad are already contributing to the economy via remittances, and quite a few have set up businesses locally. We all welcome that. However, it worries me when Nigerians start to discuss Nigeria as if they are expatriate foreigners being dispatched to a strange land. Which in itself I have no problem with, but let us be careful of sounding hypocritical.
Problems and all, Nigeria is supposed to be our country, whether we live there or not. If Nigerians are scared of going back to Nigeria because there are only 10 shops in the Palms shopping mall, there are no libraries or museums, etc, etc, then what is the point?

We can't on one hand be saying we want to contribute to Nigeria, and on the other hand genuflect about how convenient or inconvenient the place is for human habitation. That's why I wonder, when people talk like that, that their motive is obviously economic more than anything. I.e. they are looking at what they can get out of Nigeria, not what they can put in. Imagine, Nigerians are talking about moving to Ghana!
Like I said, lest we run the risk of sounding like hypocrites, opportunists, or cynics, let us adopt a more pragmatic approach. Like me, a lot of Nigerians living in Nigeria are very aware of the issues, and we live through them everyday, but we want to hear from pragmatists, not opportunity hunters.

Siena:

Also worth noting, not every Nigerian that may decide to come home, is competing for jobs with Nigerians in Nigeria - it makes little sense. Most returnees are going the self-employed route.
Lastly, no such thing as "real indigenes", if one or both your parents are / were Nigerian, you have as much right to come and go as you please, even if you were born outside Nigeria.

Well, if you were working in my company, maybe you would think again. I get resumes from Nigerians, at least a couple every week, who have lived and worked abroad for 10 years plus, and all of them are looking for some sort of executive position. Haven't yet run across more than one or two looking to set up a business. Even chatted privately with a couple of people from Nairaland, and the end goal appears to be the same.

And lastly, I don't doubt the right of anybody to come and go as they please. But who is actually making the distinction? Just take a trip to the Politics section, where there's a bitter battle going on between so-called Nigerians abroad and so-called Nigerians at home. I say so-called because this is an Internet forum, and nobody knows where anybody is really at.
Re: Emigrating From The West To Nigeria / Ghana by ell77(f): 10:52am On Dec 07, 2009
Yet another fantastic thread by Siena, I will definitely be following this one - I will move back one day too! Went back to do NYSC last year so I got a glimpse.

AjanleKoko:

@ Siena,
I agree 100% with what you're saying. Nigerians abroad are already contributing to the economy via remittances, and quite a few have set up businesses locally. We all welcome that. However, it worries me when Nigerians start to discuss Nigeria as if they are expatriate foreigners being dispatched to a strange land. Which in itself I have no problem with, but let us be careful of sounding hypocritical.
Problems and all, Nigeria is supposed to be our country, whether we live there or not. If Nigerians are scared of going back to Nigeria because there are only 10 shops in the Palms shopping mall, there are no libraries or museums, etc, etc, then what is the point?

We can't on one hand be saying we want to contribute to Nigeria, and on the other hand genuflect about how convenient or inconvenient the place is for human habitation. That's why I wonder, when people talk like that, that their motive is obviously economic more than anything. I.e. they are looking at what they can get out of Nigeria, not what they can put in. Imagine, Nigerians are talking about moving to Ghana!
Like I said, lest we run the risk of sounding like hypocrites, opportunists, or cynics, let us adopt a more pragmatic approach. Like me, a lot of Nigerians living in Nigeria are very aware of the issues, and we live through them everyday, but we want to hear from pragmatists, not opportunity hunters.

Well, if you were working in my company, maybe you would think again. I get resumes from Nigerians, at least a couple every week, who have lived and worked abroad for 10 years plus, and all of them are looking for some sort of executive position. Haven't yet run across more than one or two looking to set up a business. Even chatted privately with a couple of people from Nairaland, and the end goal appears to be the same.

And lastly, I don't doubt the right of anybody to come and go as they please. But who is actually making the distinction? Just take a trip to the Politics section, where there's a bitter battle going on between so-called Nigerians abroad and so-called Nigerians at home. I say so-called because this is an Internet forum, and nobody knows where anybody is really at.

@AjanleKoko - I know lots of Nigerian's who want to start business in Nigeria who are based here in the UK. Can you help them? The problem is the money is not easy to raise and when you do eventually get it the threat of scammers and the difficulty in setting up in Nigeria is profound. My company for instance has had to delay setting up registration in Nigeria because of an address needed in Nigeria much like here in the UK. The problem is there are so many scammers out there who want to offer you an office you don't know who is who as someone who is not living there permanently. Setting up a business in Nigeria is not easy. So some have the idea of coming home to work then understanding their country better and the system before setting up something rather than rushing in without looking. Would you invest in an area you have never lived in if it was your whole life savings or a heavy bank loan? No, I am sure you would not without a guarantee your money is safe. People are cautious because Nigeria is not so hospitable to Nigerians residing in Nigeria who want to do business let alone the diaspora.

Also for those with families, it makes sense for them to think of their kids before relocating, when you bring (or hope to) bring children into this world, you always hope for the best. There are many people in Nigeria whose children live better than children in the UK, but the reverse is also true - so I think it is fair for a parent/ prospective parent to think about which is best for their children first. There is no point relocating to Nigeria if you can't support your family there because of no job or good business - than you add your children to the list of agberos.

I do agree with you that a Nigerian should think first of going to Nigeria though, as although I have not been to Ghana myself, I see no point in living in any other African country than the land of my forefathers if I am to return permanently.

I'd like to thank everyone on this thread for their contributions - this is quite enlightening. Please let us not change this into a West versus Nigeria thread - there are plenty of those elsewhere. Let this thread be about those who want to come home and those who don't mind helping. We are all brothers and sisters after all.  I help people come to UK, I don't see why we can't help Nigerians return home without an argument arising.

Thanks!  smiley
Re: Emigrating From The West To Nigeria / Ghana by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 07, 2009
Thanks, Ella! smiley
Re: Emigrating From The West To Nigeria / Ghana by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 07, 2009
Re: Emigrating From The West To Nigeria / Ghana by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 07, 2009
True words, Ftmom.

I believe Ajanlekoko's write-up was more about Nigerians returning to Nigeria to milk her, i.e for selfish reasons. However, we live in a capitalist world, and will always go where we're favoured best, both economically, as well as environmentally. I'm yet to meet anyone that's going to live in a place they can't earn a living, or get on with other social / environmental issues.

Ajanlekoko, if I did move back to Nigeria, it would be to establish my business there, not work for someone else. I added Ghana to the title, as there are lots of Ghanaians on here too, and some may have relocated to Ghana, and may love to share their testimonies on here.
Re: Emigrating From The West To Nigeria / Ghana by AjanleKoko: 1:03pm On Dec 07, 2009
@all,
In retrospect, I think I went off on a tangent there, and apologize for raising an issue not directly relevant to the actual topic.
I agree everyone has their reasons for doing whatever they choose to do, and I respect that.
@ftmom, by the way, my comment was not intended to disparage or twist the post in any way. You do have a right to feel the way you do.
Cheers.
Re: Emigrating From The West To Nigeria / Ghana by Busybody2(f): 2:38pm On Dec 07, 2009
@ Siena Darling, was that the surprise you had for me tongue Why don't you relocate whilst I stay here in comfort looking after our brood, whilst you go out there to rough it out for us tongue cheesy

dnative:

If the intended move is for you, I will say based on what I know you do, there is a huge potential for doing what you do on a grand scale in an upscale area in Nigeria. However a significant amount of funding and careful planning is required. If you are able to get sponsorship to do this on a grand scale, this is pretty much virgin territory where quality of service delivery is quite low and people are open to paying premium rates for such services. And from what has been seen of you so far here, it won't be long to make your mark nationwide - but with good funding to start with.

If otherwise, my generic advice is that such move should be in phases, plan couple of months to test the waters without abandoning all your resources/contacts over here in the UK such that you have an exit plan that can be readily and easily invoked if things don't work out.

Is that my English lecturer shocked I don miss you die kiss I haven't had the guts to post on NL since you dissappeared because I did not want to let you down and shame you with my poor grasp of the English lingo tongue cheesy grin cheesy How are you kiss

(1) (2) (Reply)

₦23million Per year, Tiny Beautiful Island Seeks Immigration Officer In Airport / Is Going To Cyprus Worth Quiting My Job For? / Underwater Hotel Maldives Is A Place To Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.