Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,265 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic) (18254 Views)

Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement / '9 Diseases Your Pastor Lies To You About' - Aroms Aigbehi / How Do You Know That Your Pastor Is Not A False Prophet? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic) by wristbangle: 1:23pm On Feb 04, 2017
softwerk:
I still love Daddy G.O, Daddy Oyedepo, Papa Suleiman, Daddy Kumuyi, Papa Oritsejafor, my beloved Mama Oritsejafor and Father Christmas....... grin

Reno Omokri, come and flog me! grin

U no serious cheesy
Re: Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic) by Nobody: 1:36pm On Feb 04, 2017
Walelavender:

When you say MOST pastors are guilty of this, in all sincerity how many churches have you gone to and appraised based on your submission and found wanting? We shouldn't be oblivious of the fact that there still many churches teaching sound doctrines so also are churches without sound biblical doctrines, who are only out there to take advantage of the sheep.
I can't fathom when people come on social media to make the church look horrible as if the gullibility of some is now for all.

The major churches in Nigeria are doing it. Redeem,Winners,Lords Chosen and more.
The smaller churches are even worst.
Haven't you seen a pics of Redeem pastors kneeling just to speak with Adeboye.
Abeg let's be sincere and call a spoon a spoon and not cutlery.
Re: Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic) by seguno2: 1:42pm On Feb 04, 2017
Finally!
Re: Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic) by mickeymimi: 1:42pm On Feb 04, 2017
If people calls pastors "Daddy " because of the anointing on them ... they should also address the grandfathers of all christian fathers as ... Daddy Jesus ... Daddy Moses...Daddy David and so on..
Re: Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic) by ministeriallist: 2:07pm On Feb 04, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
He has a point
Valid point.
Re: Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic) by Themandator: 2:12pm On Feb 04, 2017
Alphasoar:

An unchangeable change spotted! The man has got too much sense in what he said.
#RespectNotFear

But the daddy or papa is not out of fear for where the spirit of the lord is there is liberty .......papa or daddy actually is an acknowledgment of those who have repeatedly won their battles over the enemy and has garnered the experience to teach others........ fathers, those who have actual life-experience
in walking in total victory for a lengthy period of time before they take on
the responsibility of instructing others

John 2:13-14
Re: Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic) by tafrica(m): 2:15pm On Feb 04, 2017
I may not be Reno fan (even blocked me on twitter), but I agree with all he said here. Even scripturally, Jesus frowns at it. Service to pastorship or ministry is not a call to pomposity or flamboyant life style. It is a call to serve.
Read Acts 10:25-26: Peter forbade Cornelius from falling down and worshipping him.

Read Rev. 22:8-9: Angel of God stopped John from worshipping saying he was also a servant like John.

Read Matt 23:8-12: Here Jesus was rebuking those who call people Rabbi or fathers, he said there is only one father in heaven. Then why did we chose these pastors as fathers?

Read Matt 20:25-28: Jesus himself made it known that he came to the world to serve and not to be served.

Reading all these and several passages in the bible, it is obvious Jesus does not teach the pomposity many pastors exhibit today. Some pastors even see it as disrespect if you address them as pastors and not daddy.

I ask here, is "Pastor" title not honourable again that we have left it for DADDY?

Re: Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic) by Themandator: 2:15pm On Feb 04, 2017
opal4real:

The major churches in Nigeria are doing it. Redeem,Winners,Lords Chosen and more.
The smaller churches are even worst.
Haven't you seen a pics of Redeem pastors kneeling just to speak with Adeboye.
Abeg let's be sincere and call a spoon a spoon and not cutlery.

Why you no mention the Catholic Church or e no major reach.....is it not fathers that they call their pastor?

Re: Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic) by Centurion04: 2:18pm On Feb 04, 2017
Never been ; a Reno fan, but I think he's 'right on point' on this.

Re: Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic) by LorDBolton(m): 2:44pm On Feb 04, 2017
go to campuses and see them call their fellow students 'mama' 'papa' i'm like WTF

Student like you, you're calling her mama

To crown it all up, during nysc they'd call their fellow corpers 'mama' 'papa' just because they voted them head of the nccf lodge.

Religion and stupidity goes hand -in- hand sha

After all some fools believe virgins are on the other side.
Re: Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic) by KillJoy62(m): 3:08pm On Feb 04, 2017
softwerk:
I still love Daddy G.O, Daddy Oyedepo, Papa Suleiman, Daddy Kumuyi, Papa Oritsejafor, my beloved Mama Oritsejafor and Father Christmas....... grin

apart from ur parents, u should not call a man of God or address dem as daddy, dis pastors nd church owners are mer servants of God, u dont need to use d word daddy on dem, cus wen Jesus was on earth he thought d people dat God is ur father, so y wld pastors accept the name daddy?
Re: Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 04, 2017
softwerk:

see me for deliverance
Re: Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic) by AngelicBeing: 3:31pm On Feb 04, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

hey, that cane's for me. embarassed
Here you have it grin grin

Re: Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic) by bladeAnders(m): 3:48pm On Feb 04, 2017
softwerk:

u for add Daddy showkey and papa ajasco....
Re: Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic) by Alphasoar(m): 4:50pm On Feb 04, 2017
Themandator:

But the daddy or papa is not out of fear for where the spirit of the lord is there is liberty .......papa or daddy actually is an acknowledgment of those who have repeatedly won their battles over the enemy and has garnered the experience to teach others........ fathers, those who have actual life-experience
in walking in total victory for a lengthy period of time before they take on
the responsibility of instructing others

John 2:13-14
Ok! The Bible ask us to call them Daddy/Mummy?
Re: Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic) by Opelwonder(m): 5:21pm On Feb 04, 2017
dhezzy1993:
"No bi lie". some even go ahead to call them spiritual father(father of spirit toh), Daddy in the lord, Minister( e suppose bi commissioner), general overseer(cos na him see pass) etc. Naija sef
weed is talking
Re: Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic) by Opelwonder(m): 5:23pm On Feb 04, 2017
Alphasoar:
why was Jesus called rabbi
Re: Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic) by Kunlexxxx(m): 5:45pm On Feb 04, 2017
TeamSimple:
Reedemers won't like this wink
Christ is the only redeemer, not members of redeem Church. I laugh when they call themselves Redeemer. They lack knowledge of the Word, else they wouldn't go around calling themselves Redeemer.
Re: Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic) by Kunlexxxx(m): 5:52pm On Feb 04, 2017
martineverest:
the most appalling part is when u see grandmothers kneeling to greet pastors' wives

'

True. The most annoying part is the disrespectful Pastors' wives would sit only nodding their heads like agama Lizard in response to old women on their knees. Nigeria is bad in all aspect of life

Re: Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic) by Orikinla1: 5:54pm On Feb 04, 2017
Reno Omokri is ignorant of our culture of calling our male elders "Baba" or "Daddy", especially among Yorubas.
I am not a pastor, but younger men and women call me " Daddy " or "Baba" as a salutation of respect.
Re: Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic) by Zenlife: 5:57pm On Feb 04, 2017
softwerk:

Your cross.
Re: Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic) by Alphasoar(m): 7:15pm On Feb 04, 2017
Opelwonder:
why was Jesus called rabbi
What does rabbi mean?
Re: Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 04, 2017
kolnel:
The pastors have successfully manipulated their congregations mind and soul
Just for the pastors selfish agenda to milk them of their hard earned money
Everything is now a miracle

TRUE Bro.
Our CHURCHES are now shoprites...
When attending all these NEW GENERATION CHURCHES, I no longer feel healthy as a Christian.

My Life has been really blessed, since I focused more on my creator rather than my fellow man, with whom I am in the same heavenly Race.

I stopped giving MONETARY contributions to churches, because it's obvious they have been overfed.
I have channeled it to people who really need it.
My Fiancee is even the worse, despite being wealthy she doesn't give a DIME to them.

Rather she focuses on the poor in the church and aids them directly.

Re: Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic) by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 04, 2017
Themandator:

Why you no mention the Catholic Church or e no major reach.....is it not fathers that they call their pastor?

Brotherly, all join. I nor mention am nor mean say dem different.
Re: Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic) by daveP(m): 8:59pm On Feb 04, 2017
Quite sincerely and respecting of persons aside.

This daddy and mummy of a thing has been so overdone, it looks similar to hero worshipping.
Re: Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic) by Themandator: 9:26pm On Feb 04, 2017
Alphasoar:

If the word daddy or mummy seem to heavy for you you can settle for any word or adjective.....master, teacher, pastor....but using pastor someone that has been ordained or called to the office of prophetwould seem misnomer
Re: Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic) by Alphasoar(m): 9:53pm On Feb 04, 2017
Themandator:

If the word daddy or mummy seem to heavy for you you can settle for any word or adjective.....master, teacher, pastor....but using pastor someone that has been ordained or called to the office of prophetwould seem misnomer
No stress yasef oh, I'll just call them Bro/Sis. Dassall!!!
Re: Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic) by emilyone(f): 10:13pm On Feb 04, 2017
Kunlexxxx:

True. The most annoying part is the disrespectful Pastors' wives would sit only nodding their heads like agama Lizard in response to old women on their knees. Nigeria is bad in all aspect of life
grin indeed they lack knowledge.
Re: Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic) by BiggyBamBam: 11:08pm On Feb 04, 2017
"And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven." - Matthew 23:9
Re: Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic) by BiggyBamBam: 11:11pm On Feb 04, 2017
Themandator:

"And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven." - Matthew 23:9
Re: Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic) by jenavism44: 8:17am On Feb 05, 2017
Everyone is entitled to his opinion,the bible let us know that we have only one father which is in heaven,yet we call our biological male parent ''my father'',the word ''daddy'' is in denotation and conotation term,denotatively daddy means ur male parent who gave birth to you,a word a child call his father,connotatively daddy means a male person who cares and raised you spiritually,morally and biologically,someone who takes responsibity of you either spiritually or biologically,your biological daddy feeds your body with foods while your spiritual daddy feeds your spirit with spiritual foods(the word) while your heavenly daddy is the one that provides everything,it is right to call ur pastor daddy since he is still ur spiritual father,daddy is a word a child uses to call his father, been it God,your parent or your pastor.thank you
Re: Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic) by jenavism44: 8:27am On Feb 05, 2017
BiggyBamBam:

The word''father''in the verse above means creator or progenitor,the one who bring you into existence,in that case,we have only one God who is the father(creator) of us all,we have only father or generator or creator,that word ''father''is different from the general use of the word''father''every man is born of a man,but he that gave birth(created) all things is God;who is the father of us all

The Pink Unicorn Argument Against Religion / Deeper Life Has Never Changed Their Doctrines / How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours?