Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? (29255 Views)

Man's Car Burgled Within 12 Minutes Of Using An ATM In Abuja / South Africans Torture An ATM Cards Scammer / Prostitutes Create Scene After Being Duped At Ijebu Ode, Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? by Bishops10(m): 5:57pm On Feb 04, 2017
sleekman:
every POS is registered to someone. It could be a POS or a mPOS so what I'll advice u 2 do is get the address of d POS owner. Go there with police men in mufty to inquire if they have CCTV. If they do ure in luck. Its also possible that the POS owner knows the buyer.
Is it not possible he could have his own POS for this scam
moreover the store where he used the pos doesn't have an address
Re: My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? by Bishops10(m): 5:59pm On Feb 04, 2017
suco01:

Alfa ko pastor ni. ur ignorance has paid u dearly. y wud u giv ur sister ATM card to help u withdraw wen u can actually go there ursef.... make i no lie giv u @ dis jet age u still bhave childish...
You're very stupid for spewing trash.....do you know why I couldn't go myself??
Doesn't my sis operate an account that she can't help me withdraw

You sound like someone from all these homes where Parents and their children live like strangers

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? by Bishops10(m): 6:01pm On Feb 04, 2017
Mrbllymer:
the last transaction should be traceable, go to the bank and explain to them to trace who owns the last account transferred to
The money wasn't transferred
Re: My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? by Bishops10(m): 6:01pm On Feb 04, 2017
NLchikeeto:
I can imagine wat u feel like,especially now dat there's recession.
My dear....its been hell
Re: My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? by Bishops10(m): 6:04pm On Feb 04, 2017
justwise:

Will you be able to trace the shop where he bought those items with your card?
No address but we're still asking around
but I'm thinking he owns that POS

is it possible??
Re: My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? by omakay(m): 6:09pm On Feb 04, 2017
First Breach Of Bank's T/C : You gave your sister (third party) your ATM card.

Second Breach Of Bank's T/C : Your sister (third party) gave your ATM card to a complete stranger (fourth party).

PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WERE NOT UNDER DURESS WHILE ISSUING YOUR ATM CARD TO YOUR SISTER. AND I BELIEVE YOUR SISTER WAS NOT UNDER DURESS WHILE ISSUING THE ATM TO THE STRANGER.

My brother, you no get case abeg.

Just learn from your mistake and move on.

N.B: I hope your sister learnt hers' too.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? by Bishops10(m): 6:09pm On Feb 04, 2017
Bamgboseomotoyo:
Am so sorry about this...u should even thank God it wasn't more than 100k, I had issues like that..my uncle went to withdraw 300k from the bank and robbers followed him and collected the money....nothing could be done cos if my uncle used my way I suspected the cashier that attended to him...most fraudsters in Nig go scot-free....I know how u r feeling and that this aren't things u wanna hear but how u could get ur money back, just forget about it
100k??

its #220k
Re: My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? by Madeu(m): 6:14pm On Feb 04, 2017
Bishops10:

No address but we're still asking around
but I'm thinking he owns that POS

is it possible??

If he owns the POS, that's easy. POS are registered to a particular Business.
Re: My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? by suco01(m): 6:42pm On Feb 04, 2017
Now who is more stuuupid here... ur stuuupidity of highest disorder.. it really pained u abi dats y u take it personal we are in 2017 nt 1990.. note dat
Re: My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? by suco01(m): 6:44pm On Feb 04, 2017
omakay:
First Breach Of Bank's T/C : You gave your sister (third party) your ATM card.

Second Breach Of Bank's T/C : Your sister (third party) gave your ATM card to a complete stranger (fourth party).

PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WERE NOT UNDER DURESS WHILE ISSUING YOUR ATM CARD TO YOUR SISTER. AND I BELIEVE YOUR SISTER WAS NOT UNDER DURESS WHILE ISSUING THE ATM TO THE STRANGER.

My brother, you no get case abeg.

Just learn from your mistake and move on.

N.B: I hope your sister learnt hers' too.

i hope he read dis b4 abusing

1 Like

Re: My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? by wizkidblogger(f): 7:15pm On Feb 04, 2017
MMMscam:
Mr man there's no need for panic, you already have what you need to apprehend the thief. Since this thief did ecommerce with your card, all you need is to trace the seller he paid for the goods and get the name and delivery address for the contact the goods will be delivered to. That's how to catch the thief. End of story.

which delivery address? He probably paid, picked up the goods and left...
Re: My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? by TheGreatIYANU: 7:31pm On Feb 04, 2017
Bishops10:

He didn't shop online.....he paid using a POS and the store name is in the picture attached,have tries locating the store all to no avail

Brother,

I was able to locate details - address, et al. of the company (Check the attached Picture).

To those of you insulting and insupportive to the OP, I pray you don't loose your hard earned money. Some Nigerians are so apathetic, fool hardy and idiotic.

We are our own problems in this country. Soeone lost such heavy sums... Uncer whatever circumstances, you should support and help in any way we can and if you cant, SHUT THE HELL UP!!!

OP, track this company with the details below. You're welcome.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? by Atk1nson(m): 8:16pm On Feb 04, 2017
MMMscam:
Mr man there's no need for panic, you already have what you need to apprehend the thief. Since this thief did ecommerce with your card, all you need is to trace the seller he paid for the goods and get the name and delivery address for the contact the goods will be delivered to. That's how to catch the thief. End of story.

@ Bishops10 take note of this
Re: My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? by matrixme(m): 8:43pm On Feb 04, 2017
Sorry about your plight. I'm not surprised such an evil thing happened in Aba. A lot of people there just think of nothing but evil continuously. I've been badly burnt there too...Yet they claim it is commercial capital of the east. God will catch all of them soon.
Re: My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? by adexin: 8:57pm On Feb 04, 2017
something similar to this happen to sis......on 10 dec. 2016,sum total of 400k was withdraw from my dad's account 30k (150k) through sterling bank atm isolo branch and anoda 240k purchase thru pos (dubicon international) and 9k respectively.....sum of 2k os left in the account......was need to watch out and b vigilant this days oooooooooo
Re: My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? by Emanodimo(m): 9:01pm On Feb 04, 2017
the guy discovered the pin thru your sister, na she make it possible. Thank God, u have blocked it. U can get the footage of the queue at the where he withdraw and thesame bank with your sister.
Re: My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 04, 2017
Chai! From #187000 down to #7000 they really emptied your account o! But 187000 is not even enough to buy a Good pair of shoes or samsung s7 grin grin *jokes*
the annoying thing is even if you catch the thief what are you gonna do to him/her? nothing! If you are not carefull you might even get into more wahala! With the thief, he could be dangerous too
Re: My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? by delishpot: 9:10pm On Feb 04, 2017
Atk1nson:

get the details on the card seize at the ATM. with the card details, the issuing bank should be able to spool out the details of the owner. hopefully, it will be the culprit or someone who knows him

That card is just fake. It was given to her so that she would type in the pin again and again as the machine says wrong Pin and the so called helper would watch her type and cram the number. When she leaves, she has the fake card and he has the real one with the pin.

@OP so sorry about the theft. Please peoe should be careful. If it seems that the ATM ain't working, please leave and go try elsewhere. Do not allow any stranger help you with your ATM transaction.
Re: My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? by habayommy: 9:16pm On Feb 04, 2017
I had a similar experience, 103k was withdrawn from my GTB acct through UBER taxi Lagos station. The funniest thing was that my card was with me.
Re: My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? by dekunleJ: 9:25pm On Feb 04, 2017
Banks need to implement one time password OTP before a transaction is sanctioned on a debit card

1 Like

Re: My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? by dekunleJ: 9:28pm On Feb 04, 2017
habayommy:
I had a similar experience, 103k was withdrawn from my GTB acct through UBER taxi Lagos station. The funniest thing was that my card was with me.
Look if you expose your card details even without pin to anyone .
they can use it on PayPal to make payment for any merchandise online.
that's why you need to keep your card details safe
cos with PayPal if someone setup an account and put in your card-details it is ok enough to withdraw from your account
Re: My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? by Bishops10(m): 9:38pm On Feb 04, 2017
Atk1nson:

@ Bishops10 take note of this
Thanks A lot Boss
Re: My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? by Bishops10(m): 9:42pm On Feb 04, 2017
TheGreatIYANU:

Brother,

I was able to locate details - address, et al. of the company (Check the attached Picture).

To those of you insulting and insupportive to the OP, I pray you don't loose your hard earned money. Some Nigerians are so apathetic, fool hardy and idiotic.

We are our own problems in this country. Soeone lost such heavy sums... Uncer whatever circumstances, you should support and help in any way we can and if you cant, SHUT THE HELL UP!!!

OP, track this company with the details below. You're welcome.
Wow.....Thanks a million times bro,this will really be of great help

I feel a bit relieved
can you chat me up on whatsapp pls with
08176255344 or drop yours
plssss
Re: My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? by andyanders: 10:40pm On Feb 04, 2017
Reference:
This is a clear case of laziness. They 'help' you folks with everything, even withdrawing your own money. Can't you do your chores, can't you be patient in a queue, can't you be patient to learn how things work and how to get things done. Yet you don't have the resources to risk and waste. If a single ATM card can wreck this much havoc on your finances and cause worldwide publicity then you should not be handing you card to just anybody, I mean anyone at all. It is the rich that don't do cards, don't do queues and don't moan about people pilfering from their stash. C'mon, wake up.

Exactly. Op, messed herself up by giving her sister her ATM to collect cash for her. These guys are everywhere.

Op, let the bank check the CCTV and play it back. They will surely get the guy's pixs.
Re: My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? by habayommy: 11:11pm On Feb 04, 2017
dekunleJ:

Look if you expose your card details even without pin to anyone .
they can use it on PayPal to make payment for any merchandise online.
that's why you need to keep your card details safe
cos with PayPal if someone setup an account and put in your card-details it is ok enough to withdraw from your account
Hmm...

Is it all the numbers on the card or the last four that is needed?
Re: My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? by Tobtex(m): 11:17pm On Feb 04, 2017
GreenMavro:
That's y I like WEMA bank....with card control from WEMA bank u will off ur card from making any ATM or pos n web transaction anytime!

Every other bank offers this, a lot don't know. Anyways, I'm sorry for the OP's loss
lipsrsealed
Re: My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? by NemzySeries(m): 11:49pm On Feb 04, 2017
Money business is Crious business therefore do not alkow any1 (especially strangers) to handle ur card for wateva reason....... @ owners Risk
Re: My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? by Atk1nson(m): 2:26am On Feb 05, 2017
delishpot:

That card is just fake. It was given to her so that she would type in the pin again and again as the machine says wrong Pin and the so called helper would watch her type and cram the number. When she leaves, she has the fake card and he has the real one with the pin.

@OP so sorry about the theft. Please peoe should be careful. If it seems that the ATM ain't working, please leave and go try elsewhere. Do not allow any stranger help you with your ATM transaction.

if the card is fake or damaged, the ATM would have out rightly rejected it.
Re: My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? by TheGreatIYANU: 2:46am On Feb 05, 2017
Bishops10:

Wow.....Thanks a million times bro,this will really be of great help

I feel a bit relieved
can you chat me up on whatsapp pls with
08176255344 or drop yours
plssss

I will call you. However you've got to be ore careful with cards bro. You should have learned your lesson from the case with your mum's card.
You should also PRAY.
Re: My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? by chimeziedickson: 5:32am On Feb 05, 2017
Really painful but nothing you could do..... I had similar experience in 2012,while my wife was pregnant for our twin girls at a point she was so heavy she then divulged her pin to a girl we were staying with becsuse i was away for a biz trip..... i don't know what transpired with her at the point of withdrawal .....My wife started getting alerts,when she called the girls line switched off. Before we know what was going on my wife has received alert of 75k...... later at about three hours... she came by crying....Asked her what happened......Long story.Advice,dont reveal your pin or send anybody to go get money for u via Atm.......The story at times touches
Re: My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? by xtivin(m): 7:02am On Feb 05, 2017
san316:

Don't make a bad situation worse. The sister made a mistake even the smartest person could have made. Don't make careless comment that would soil the relationship of has with his sister. Nobody is perfect
Forget about relationship when it's the truth,what if it's 10million plus in that account?.she need to be chastened hard.nobody is perfect but when man makes error even God do chasten one.the thief is very smart and it will take a miracle to trace him,am sure the ATM he left with the bank wasn't his,he bought goods and am also sure he will provide fake address.
Re: My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? by san316(m): 8:37am On Feb 05, 2017
xtivin:

Forget about relationship when it's the truth,what if it's 10million plus in that account?.she need to be chastened hard.nobody is perfect but when man makes error even God do chasten one.the thief is very smart and it will take a miracle to trace him,am sure the ATM he left with the bank wasn't his,he bought goods and am also sure he will provide fake address.

If you have a brother or sister, how much are they worth to you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Burial Poster Of Odudu Davis, Policeman Shot Dead By A Naval Officer In Calabar / Illegal Chinese Miners Nabbed In Plateau By Security Men (Photos) / Man Kills Only Child To Marry Second Wife (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.