Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,625 members, 7,827,336 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

I Am In A Relationship With A Guy I Don't Trust. How Do I Figure Him Out? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am In A Relationship With A Guy I Don't Trust. How Do I Figure Him Out? (1418 Views)

Help! I Don't Trust My Girlfriend Of 3 Years Anymore / Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding / "Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am In A Relationship With A Guy I Don't Trust. How Do I Figure Him Out? by dedegbe(f): 2:03pm On Feb 04, 2017
I met him at an internet café in Ghana where I vacationed. We clicked, had my first date on a beach and it was like a romance I didn't expect myself to have. I was there for two months. When I left Ghana, we already exchanged numbers. We have been chatting for two years.

My family doesn't like him because they saw pictures of him drinking on Facebook and they said they had a bad feeling. Even my extended family in Ghana said I should not deal with someone from his town. He is from Dzodze. I keep thinking that they don't understand, but I am now having those bad feelings too.

Several times he has asked me to use my bank account to accept money for him. I refused. And the thing is, he keeps asking in a quiet way thinking I forget. He goes back to being loving, and then asks me again. He also asked me to ship cell phones for him and I refused because I thought it was shady. Recently, we spoke about having a future and he gives me a link to a website called worldremit. He wanted me to help him accept money and I said no. He said I didn't need a bank account anyways and dropped the subject. He then had me accept a package for him. He told me not to open it. I did anyways and found a cellphone.

At this point, I keep thinking of the conversations we have and tell myself that I'm going crazy. We both read and are interested in politics. He's even more knowledgeable about that than I am and I am learning alot from him. He is calm and has said that he didn't want to come to the US, making me think he has nothing to gain. But now I cannot ignore this. I cannot trust him and I feel like I am being played.

And I honestly blame myself for this. I honestly don't know what to do. My family has told me to stop interacting with him but I still do for some reason. I have tried to block him but he somehow called my number with his phone number that I blocked. I want to block him and stop talking to him but I keep thinking he was he first guy who liked me. I somehow feel some need to be with him because he tells me all these things about me being beautiful and I just fall for it, even when in the back of my head, something is telling me that he is saying that just to say it.

I have made big changes in my life. I deactivated my Facebook and social media accounts, left my terribld jobs and moved to New York to start over again. I am writing now and it has been fantastic. But I am also thinking about him often and the fact that I don't trust him. I really need advice on this and I totally understand that many of what is going on is my fault completely. But I just want to hear the opinion of others.
Re: I Am In A Relationship With A Guy I Don't Trust. How Do I Figure Him Out? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 04, 2017
Here you are vexing the hell outta me. You've seen the writing on the wall yet you choose make believe. I'll enlighten you small sha if you go hear.

You are dating a yahoo boy. Internet fraudstar.
1. Bank account would be used for transactions that you would end up paying for at last. Huge ones. Thousands!!!!.
2. Accepting a package you are already in trouble girl cos what you accepted was scammed from somebody else. Pray they don't catch you.
3. You didn't add you've been sending him money. Don't worry I know

Go to a church,thank God.Move on. Plenty guys are out there. Plenty good guys. Love is not worth the pain after.

2 Likes

Re: I Am In A Relationship With A Guy I Don't Trust. How Do I Figure Him Out? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 04, 2017
grin

Well, since ur in the Big Apple now... Juz move on.. Unless ur ready to fight for someone u really love..

1 Like

Re: I Am In A Relationship With A Guy I Don't Trust. How Do I Figure Him Out? by hushshinani(m): 2:09pm On Feb 04, 2017
k
Re: I Am In A Relationship With A Guy I Don't Trust. How Do I Figure Him Out? by chordrylateral(m): 2:09pm On Feb 04, 2017
talk2bella your attention is needed here
Re: I Am In A Relationship With A Guy I Don't Trust. How Do I Figure Him Out? by Fuqman(m): 2:12pm On Feb 04, 2017
Be careful, you're dealing with an Internet fraudster. whether to end it or not, you alone have that power irrespective of my advice.

3 Likes

Re: I Am In A Relationship With A Guy I Don't Trust. How Do I Figure Him Out? by dedegbe(f): 2:14pm On Feb 04, 2017
I know. Thank you for your opinion.
Re: I Am In A Relationship With A Guy I Don't Trust. How Do I Figure Him Out? by dedegbe(f): 2:15pm On Feb 04, 2017
Fuqman:
Be careful you're dealing with an Internet fraudster. Whether to end it or not, you alone have that power irrespective of my advice.

Yeah, that was what I was refusig to accept. But now I'm accepting it. There's just too many red flags.
Re: I Am In A Relationship With A Guy I Don't Trust. How Do I Figure Him Out? by dedegbe(f): 2:16pm On Feb 04, 2017
TrapQueen77:
grin

Well, since ur in the Big Apple now... Juz move on.. Unless ur ready to fight for someone u really love..

Thanks alot for your advice.
Re: I Am In A Relationship With A Guy I Don't Trust. How Do I Figure Him Out? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Feb 04, 2017
If you're having an omen that he's into something illegal...just believe in your instinct.

You sound like a needy lady...just because he was the first to love you or tell you how beautiful you are, doesn't mean another man won't love you more than he has ever loved or adored you...this is why is difficult for you to let go.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am In A Relationship With A Guy I Don't Trust. How Do I Figure Him Out? by Fuqman(m): 2:18pm On Feb 04, 2017
dedegbe:

Yeah, that was what I was refusig to accept. But now I'm accepting it. There's just too many red flags.
These peeps are incredibly smart and can twist women emotions to abide to their bidding. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: I Am In A Relationship With A Guy I Don't Trust. How Do I Figure Him Out? by dedegbe(f): 2:25pm On Feb 04, 2017
Benita27:
If you're having an omen that he's into something illegal...just believe in your instinct.

You sound like a needy lady...just because he was the first to love you or tell you how beautiful you are, doesn't mean another man won't love you more than he has ever loved or adored you...this is why is difficult for you to let go.

Thanks alot for your advice and I agree. I am working on that and moving has helped alot.
Re: I Am In A Relationship With A Guy I Don't Trust. How Do I Figure Him Out? by dedegbe(f): 2:36pm On Feb 04, 2017
cummando:
Here you are vexing the hell outta me. You've seen the writing on the wall yet you choose make believe. I'll enlighten you small sha if you go hear.

You are dating a yahoo boy. Internet fraudstar.
1. Bank account would be used for transactions that you would end up paying for at last. Huge ones. Thousands!!!!.
2. Accepting a package you are already in trouble girl cos what you accepted was scammed from somebody else. Pray they don't catch you.
3. You didn't add you've been sending him money. Don't worry I know

Go to a church,thank God.Move on. Plenty guys are out there. Plenty good guys. Love is not worth the pain after.

Thank you for your advice. You are totally right.

And I actually haven't given him money. I know it's easy to think I did. Trust me, I've seen others do the same. But for some reason, I've always clutched my money tightly because I help my mom with the bills and always put my famly first. I have however, have been thinking of giving him money because he complained of an illness. I stopped because my mom called me two days and she said she had a dream I was about to give someone money on Western Union and she had been angry in the dream.

1 Like

Re: I Am In A Relationship With A Guy I Don't Trust. How Do I Figure Him Out? by thorpido(m): 2:37pm On Feb 04, 2017
dedegbe:

Thanks alot for your advice and I agree. I am working on that and moving has helped alot.
You say you're beautiful,why are you not getting guys to ask you out?
This guy has too many red flags.There are better and more stable guys out there.Why are you stuck on this one?

1 Like

Re: I Am In A Relationship With A Guy I Don't Trust. How Do I Figure Him Out? by McBrooklyn(m): 2:38pm On Feb 04, 2017

Re: I Am In A Relationship With A Guy I Don't Trust. How Do I Figure Him Out? by Talk2Bella(f): 2:40pm On Feb 04, 2017
you already took the first step now just give it time he obviously is into shady deals and wants to implicate you

it's not easy but stop all communications with him those kinda men are psychopaths they twist you feelings and emotions and use it against you

he doesn't deserve your love he's a leech who just want to keep sucking till you're dry

1 Like

Re: I Am In A Relationship With A Guy I Don't Trust. How Do I Figure Him Out? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Feb 04, 2017
dedegbe:

And I actually haven't given him money. I know it's easy to think I did. Trust me, I've seen others do the same. But for some reason, I've always clutched my money tightly because I help my mom with the bills and always put my famly first. I have however, have been thinking of giving him money because he complained of an illness. I stopped because my mom called me two days and she said she had a dream I was about to give someone money on Western Union and she had been angry in the dream.
Happy I could be of some help. grin

1 Like

Re: I Am In A Relationship With A Guy I Don't Trust. How Do I Figure Him Out? by decatalyst(m): 2:51pm On Feb 04, 2017
dedegbe:

Thank your stars that your mom has a strong spirit. These guys are the most romantic humans you can think of. They are crafty with words and know how to manipulate really well.

Its sad that an innocent and supposedly decent lady like you is almost fully entangled in his web of deceit.

Dearie, the better guy is around the corner. Don't let his romantic antics cloud your reasoning. I am not quick to condemn or write people off, but the small description you gave about him indicate that you deserve better.

Dissociate yourself from him before it is too late!

2 Likes

Re: I Am In A Relationship With A Guy I Don't Trust. How Do I Figure Him Out? by dedegbe(f): 2:53pm On Feb 04, 2017
Talk2Bella:
you already took the first step now just give it time he obviously is into shady deals and wants to implicate you

it's not easy but stop all communications with him those kinda men are psychopaths they twist you feelings and emotions and use it against you

he doesn't deserve your love he's a leech who just want to keep sucking till you're dry

Thanks so much. Yes, they do. It was so hard. I am actually deleting everything right now. I made the right decision by coming here. This is the first time I posted on a forum about this. Thanks alot.

1 Like

Re: I Am In A Relationship With A Guy I Don't Trust. How Do I Figure Him Out? by dedegbe(f): 2:54pm On Feb 04, 2017
decatalyst:

Thank your stars that your mom has a strong spirit. These guys are the most romantic humans you can think of. They are crafty with words and know how to manipulate really well.

Its sad that an innocent and supposedly decent lady like you is almost fully entangled in his web of deceit.

Dearie, the better guy is around the corner. Don't let his romantic antics cloud your reasoning. I am not quick to condemn or write people off, but the small description you gave about him indicate that you deserve better.

Dissociate yourself from him before it is too late!

Thank you!
Re: I Am In A Relationship With A Guy I Don't Trust. How Do I Figure Him Out? by Talk2Bella(f): 3:36pm On Feb 04, 2017
dedegbe:

Thanks so much. Yes, they do. It was so hard. I am actually deleting everything right now. I made the right decision by coming here. This is the first time I posted on a forum about this. Thanks alot.

glad I could help

1 Like

Re: I Am In A Relationship With A Guy I Don't Trust. How Do I Figure Him Out? by SirKriz(m): 4:01pm On Feb 04, 2017
If jail hungry you to go, continue. If not, then put a final full stop to it. Wetin concern Yahoo Boys with true love?They will just use you worse than tissue paper.

That's summary of everything I've observed so far. All the best, I want to see you shouting Happy New Year next year with your friends and family instead of you wearing a uniform with number tag on it.

2 Likes

Re: I Am In A Relationship With A Guy I Don't Trust. How Do I Figure Him Out? by ikp120(m): 4:09pm On Feb 04, 2017
Babe, that guy wasn't worth your trust. Forget him. He was actually trying to use you to launder funds. He will not be caught if shiit happens and he gets busted, rather you will be caught and jailed for being part of a fraud and money laundering syndicate.

1 Like

Re: I Am In A Relationship With A Guy I Don't Trust. How Do I Figure Him Out? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Feb 04, 2017
It not easy to move on as we all are saying!!!my Ex was into weed business,she was far richer than me,but all this was never a problem,I took a step to know what actually she want from me!!!my say iz try to know what he want's from you,...give him space so he can react,allow the relationship to be bored for you to know his reaction's if he does not react hmmm suspect a closed door I think,,,,,but remember if you take the decition to move on,never feel guilty,coz you might start feeling guilty,,!!!

1 Like

Re: I Am In A Relationship With A Guy I Don't Trust. How Do I Figure Him Out? by enesty77(m): 4:20pm On Feb 04, 2017
Get over him ASAP.. the longer u stay and try to fix tins up, the sadder you become. Act fast and stay happy. Life is too short

1 Like

Re: I Am In A Relationship With A Guy I Don't Trust. How Do I Figure Him Out? by dedegbe(f): 5:16pm On Feb 04, 2017
thorpido:
You say you're beautiful,why are you not getting guys to ask you out?
This guy has too many red flags.There are better and more stable guys out there.Why are you stuck on thisa one?

Oh no I didn't mean it like, 'I know I'm beautiful'. He was calling me beautiful which made me kind of stuck. I did not have that confidence in myself so it was like he was the only source. I am working on it now and I understand that it takes yours to feel loved and not others.
Re: I Am In A Relationship With A Guy I Don't Trust. How Do I Figure Him Out? by dedegbe(f): 5:16pm On Feb 04, 2017
enesty77:
Get over him ASAP.. the longer u stay and try to fix tins up, the sadder you become. Act fast and stay happy. Life is too short

Thank you!
Re: I Am In A Relationship With A Guy I Don't Trust. How Do I Figure Him Out? by dedegbe(f): 5:17pm On Feb 04, 2017
SirKriz:
If jail hungry you to go, continue. If not, then put a final full stop to it. Wetin concern Yahoo Boys with true love?They will just use you worse than tissue paper.

That's summary of everything I've observed so far. All the best, I want to see you shouting Happy New Year next year with your friends and family instead of you wearing a uniform with number tag on it.

Thanks so much. I will.
Re: I Am In A Relationship With A Guy I Don't Trust. How Do I Figure Him Out? by dedegbe(f): 5:18pm On Feb 04, 2017
enesty77:

Yes. Thank you.
Re: I Am In A Relationship With A Guy I Don't Trust. How Do I Figure Him Out? by dedegbe(f): 5:19pm On Feb 04, 2017
Martin124:
It not easy to move on as we all are saying!!!my Ex was into weed business,she was far richer than me,but all this was never a problem,I took a step to know what actually she want from me!!!my say iz try to know what he want's from you,...give him space so he can react,allow the relationship to be bored for you to know his reaction's if he does not react hmmm suspect a closed door I think,,,,,but remember if you take the decition to move on,never feel guilty,coz you might start feeling guilty,,!!!

Wow. Thanks alot for your advice.
Re: I Am In A Relationship With A Guy I Don't Trust. How Do I Figure Him Out? by dedegbe(f): 5:22pm On Feb 04, 2017
ikp120:
Babe, that guy wasn't worth your trust. Forget him. He was actually trying to use to launder funds. He will not be caught if shiit happens and he gets busted, rather you will be caught and jailed for being part of a fraud and money laundering syndicate.

Thank you. Exactly.
Re: I Am In A Relationship With A Guy I Don't Trust. How Do I Figure Him Out? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Feb 04, 2017
dedegbe:

Wow. Thanks alot for your advice.
you welcome!!!aw like us to talk privatly!! Can I pm you,,,,!?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sexual Immorality Is Increasingly Increasing. / 5 Top Things To do Before Sex That Will Perfectly Sweeten Your Sex / Who Is A Cheap Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.