Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,670 members, 7,820,353 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

How To Be Classy On A First Date - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Be Classy On A First Date (439 Views)

My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill / What's The Most Outrageous Demand A Girl Has Ever Made From You On A First Date? / Bukky Makinwa Wedding: Classy Pre-wedding Photos Of Two Love Birds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Be Classy On A First Date by JUSTICEOFFICIAL(m): 4:04pm On Feb 04, 2017
The thoughts of getting to meet someone for the first time on a date can cause the nerves to set in. What do I wear? What do I or do I not say? What do I order? How do I act? These and more, are the questions you ask yourself, after all, the first impression, they say, matters a lot.

"You don’t want a bad reputation as a first impression."

First thing first- your appearance- how you show up to a date creates the first impression of who you are. You shouldn’t be too uptight or too loose (take into consideration, the place of your meeting)

You must be punctual. Showing up late can mean that you don’t respect their time. If for some reason, you show up late, be sure to apologize (heartfeltly)

Talk and listen. While at your date, avoid talking too much, you should give your date a chance to speak and express themselves as well. Avoid cutting-in or talking over them. Occasionally maintain eye contact while they speak and nod to show you understand what they say. It’s okay to give complimentary remarks but be honest about it. Don’t say intimate words on your first date, it’s way too soon.

"Maybe the reason your date didn’t want a second date was because of the impression you left the first time."

Good manners and etiquettes is key. Maintain a good posture while on your date, avoid slouching while sitting or spreading your legs underneath the table. Order for what you can handle, a first date is not the best time for trying out a new dish or drink (stick to what you know)

If you need to use the toilet, simply say you need to use the convenience rather than saying ‘toilet’.

If you are the one who called for the date, then it is your responsibility to foot the bill. If you are the invited guest, you can as well make a part payment when you decide to spilt the bill with them, if not, you can decide to be the one who tips the waiter or doorman.

Courtesy demands that you call your date when you must have gotten back home, to thank them for a wonderful time.

Remember to relax and be your true self.

Source: http://justiceokwudike.com/2017/02/04/how-to-be-classy-on-a-first-date/

Re: How To Be Classy On A First Date by McBrooklyn(m): 5:21pm On Feb 04, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Before You Break Up Question You Need To Ask Yourself / Story: 6 Minutes / 7 Unique Things You Can Do On Valentine’s Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.