Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,102 members, 7,835,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor (28142 Views)

Audu Maikori Sues Governor El-rufai For N10billion Following His Arrest / Maikori In Cell With Herdsmen, To Appear In Court Monday / Audu Maikori Arrested By The Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by AntiWailer: 8:32pm On Feb 04, 2017
You see false information
Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by darfay: 8:33pm On Feb 04, 2017
Chikelue2000:
#Who_Cursed_Southerners?
In this Nigeria, an average Southerner is a weakling. A born
coward with serious complex issues. A fool and an idiot. A
slave. A typical example of a butterfly who thinks himself a
bird. But this is not even the problem. The biggest problem
is, he doesn't even realise he is any of those things.
The only thing an average Southerner is good at is blowing
high sounding grammar and acquiring degrees upon
degrees but when it comes to things that matter most, he
goes to slumber.
An average Southerner has this twisted mindset that the
best way to be seen as a patriotic and detribalised Nigerian
is by degrading, shaming and disparaging his own tribe for
no just cause.
Abacha stole this country blind, such that 20 years after,
his loot is still being returned to the country. But in spite of
this, people like Buhari publicly swore that he (Abacha)
stole nothing. But to an average Southern idiot, Jonathan's
5 year rule is the reason we have no fuel, no light, no good
educational system, no nothing! Jonathan is the worst thief
in Nigeria's history. IBB, Abdulsalam and even Buhari who
was accused of stealing billions of dollars as PTF boss were
all saints. Why? Because they are Northerners.
Was it not a southern he-goat named Obasanjo who
publicly accused Jonathan of training snipers in Pyongyang
(North Korea) ahead of last year's election?? He made the
unfounded allegation just to please his masters upnorth.
Now that we have the highest figure of senseless deaths of
civilians in the hands of both state and non state actors
under a Northern president Buhari, have you read any
letter from OBJ??
When Shiites were massacred in Zaria, it took less than 48
hours for Chidi Odinkalu of the National Human Right
Commission to establish a commission of inquiry and
summon the army chief but when unarmed IPOB
members praying in a school field in Aba were murdered
by the security agents, did you hear even a loosely worded
condemnation from Chidi Odinkalu??
Check out the list of those asking that Fayose to be tried for
treason for writing to the Chinese govt over Buhari's $2
loan, they are 80% southerners. And most of them have
not even read the said Fayose letter at least to know the
reasons Fayose adduced in the said letter. These are the
same fools who kept mum when Sango Abdullahi, Sani
Kaita and some so called Northern elders publicly
threatened to make the country ungovernable if power
wasn't returned to the North. When Buhari made his 'dogs
and baboon' speech and directly caused the death of
southern youth corpers, these morons kept mum.
With all the numberless killing of civilians under this
regime and its open support for the genocide the world
fourth deadliest terror group (the Fulani militant) has
continue to visit on Nigerians, have these highly educated
southerners bothered to write a strongly worded petition
to the ICC just like Nyako, El-rufai and other northerners
did to Jonathan??
These southern fools will gleefully yell 'Kanu should rot in
jail, he was preaching hate on radio Biafra!' But these
clowns maintained sealed lips over the hateful and inciting
broadcast by 'Radio Chanji' and Arewa Radio upNorth.
Such is the degree of the soulless hypocrisy of these
southern senseless hypocrites.
These nitwits were on rooftops telling us how incompetent
and corrupt Jonathan was and how his removal was a
patriotic duty. Today, things have all gone worse under
Buhari and you would think that these southern imbeciles
would be at the forefront calling for Buhari's resignation
but no! They are the ones defending the Daura born ex-
soldier even against the worse things for which they
crucified Jonathan then.
Now I know why Jonathan appeared weak as president and
spent his 5 year term trying to please the North.
He knew he had nobody behind him. He knew that we
Southerners are weaklings only good at blowing high
sounding but empty grammar.
These 'efulefu' southerners will never question why Buhari
has never condemned the murderous activities of his
fulani kinsmen but these same 'anumpamas' will read this
post and quickly tag me a bigot.
Slaves who think themselves masters!!

T
Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by AntiWailer: 8:33pm On Feb 04, 2017
ceeethru:
Idiot!! After the damage has been done. Some gullible Nigerians have even believed the story to be true because one of their own has said rubbish. This country can never prosper if we continue in this direction. Shame!

Some f00lish people still believe it is true.

That is how pathetic things are.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by Kvistblog: 8:35pm On Feb 04, 2017
Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by eherbal(m): 8:35pm On Feb 04, 2017
A true man owning up to his mistakes. Respect bro. We all step out of line once in a while

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by miqos02(m): 8:37pm On Feb 04, 2017
ok
Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by kabrud: 8:38pm On Feb 04, 2017
Children of 8 who prefer the initial version are coming to start their usual funny noise like monkeys.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by babyfaceafrica: 8:38pm On Feb 04, 2017
He should be in jail...social media bill must be passed!!!...the internet is a washed with fabricated lies!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by jeffoe(m): 8:39pm On Feb 04, 2017
Misinformation everywhere.
Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by 0b10010011: 8:39pm On Feb 04, 2017
gabazin080:
seems your brain is paining u. you stand with buhari with the hunger in the land.
i guess u are among the brain washed youth being fooled to think u are the leader of tomorow

#IStandWithBuhari
Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by Positivepoint(m): 8:40pm On Feb 04, 2017
SouthernUnite:
It doesn't change the fact several christians and minorities are killed in Southern Kaduna

We need to unite in the southern region (sw,ss and se)

Yes people were killed on both side but the truth is alot of information we delibratly distorted for an agenda.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by 0b10010011: 8:40pm On Feb 04, 2017
kabrud:
Children of 8 who prefer the initial version are coming to start their usual funny noise like monkeys.

You mean the flat headed dwarfs?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by emvico(m): 8:41pm On Feb 04, 2017
0b10010011:
#IStandWithBuhari
Then Get Ready To Visit Him In Hell

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by 0b10010011: 8:43pm On Feb 04, 2017
emvico:

Then Get Ready To Visit Him In Hell

#IStandWithBuhari

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by kabrud: 8:44pm On Feb 04, 2017
0b10010011:

You mean the flat headed dwarfs?
10/10
People with heads like this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by lozairio(m): 8:49pm On Feb 04, 2017
He has been intimidated
Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by emvico(m): 8:51pm On Feb 04, 2017
0b10010011:

#IStandWithBuhari
Wrong Number. sorry sir

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by FTbomb(m): 8:53pm On Feb 04, 2017
hell-rufai has threatened this one.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by omenkaLives(m): 8:55pm On Feb 04, 2017
This isnt different from MOST OTHER cases weve heard about. Most of them are simply fueled by nothing but raw hatred for the President and some people's unflinching desire to do and say anything to make him look bad!

Accuse a Fulani man of a crime and you indirectly acvuse the president.

How could someone tell such a vicious lie as to saying hia driver was killed by fulani herdsmen when no such thing happened? What exactly does he desire to gain from so doing?

We have said it time and again, these things are grossly exagerrated where they occur and where they dont, they are brought to existence out of thin air!

Same way someone posted a picture claiming a fulani man attacked a man on his farm in enugu. I can bet my next one thousand breaths someone else, maybe a fellow villager, attacked him. But since blaming it on fulanis make mr president look bad and fortifies people's hatred for him, they simply tagged the incident to "fulani herdsmen".

Your lies will catch up with you sooner than you know.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by henryhemon(m): 8:58pm On Feb 04, 2017
Usernamesucks:
That's humility. Please verify any info, sensitive or not before broadcasting especially those people sending BCs on whatsapp and BBM.

That's how I got a whatsapp BC that they 're burning churches in one state fortunately I happen to be in same state n i asked the mofo how he got the info n he said o someone sent it to him n that's all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by clickwtB(m): 9:01pm On Feb 04, 2017
Danmas:
Chocolate City founder, Audu Maikori, has apologized to the College of Education in Gidan-Waya, Kaduna and the Kaduna State Government, for sending out false information about an attack on the school.
Maikori at the time claimed that six students of the school were killed by Fulani herdsmen, including his driver’s younger brother.

The College of Education released a statement denying the incident and Maikori faced a lot of backlash on social media, with many saying he posted fake pictures.
However, he has now published a retraction on his Facebook page and claims his driver, a certain Simon Joseph, misled him.
His statement in full:
“Following the statement by the College of Education, Gidan-Waya Kaduna and the Kaduna State government refuting the story that 5 students of the school were killed by Fulani herdsmen en-route to school on the 27th of January 2017, as reporter by my one Simon Joseph (my personal driver) I decided to further investigate the story to ensure that all the facts of the case and evidence were presented to the authorities.

My driver Simon Joseph had travelled to the village to attend his younger brother’s burial and on his return on Monday the 30th of January 2017, I asked him for pictures from the burial, the ID card of his brother and also pictures of the casket so I could submit to the authorities and he told me that he had phone issues so he could not store pictures on his phone. He told me however that his sister had the pictures on her phone and I proceeded to give him money to go to Ikeja to get the pictures from his sister, so I could have evidence. He didn’t return till evening, and when he did, he showed me some blurry picture of a male body which didn’t show the face of the victim. At this point I began to strongly suspect foul play. I again questioned him about the veracity of his story to which he swore on the bible that his brother was dead and even began to shed tears.
Not totally satisfied with the story I made contact with his referees ( who helped to engage him) and they didn’t seem to know about any death in his family . So on the 2nd of February, 2017 I went in company of his referee one Mr Dauda to the Lekki Police Station for questioning in the absence of his providing any concrete evidence of the death of his brother and fellow students(He clearly didn’t suspect anything at this stage). When we got to the station, I lodged my complaint and when he was questioned he maintained his story about the deaths were real until the police officers at the station threatened to arrest him . It was only then that he confessed and said he was just trying to collect money from me; that he knew that I was involved in the advocacy on the Southern Kaduna crisis and he thought that I after obtaining money for me for the fake burial expenses I wouldn’t cross check the veracity of his story. So he was duly arrested.
Following this development, I decided that the right thing to do was to issue a statement retracting the tweet which reported the killings of students of the College of Education as relayed to me by my driver. And I had no reason to doubt him due to the spate of killings in the area and because in the 8 months he has worked for me, he had never “lied” to me about anything or so I thought. Besides why would any right thinking human lie about the death of a sibling?
Consequently, I hereby tender an unreserved and sincere apology to the Management of the College of Education, Gidan Waya, His Excellency the Governor of Kaduna State and the Kaduna State Government, and also to the people of Southern Kaduna and the Fulani community and also VANGUARD newspapers whos source was my driver for the false statement by my driver which I also publicized believing same to be true.
This action is made even more imperative because I understand that as a leader in my community, my statements are taken seriously and shapes the narrative. But nothing is more important in leadership than owning up to mistakes honestly and with integrity regardless of the repercussions or circumstances.
I make this statement with all sense of responsibility, realizing that by admitting what transpired, people may begin to doubt my credibility and that of my statements in future… this is a risk I am willing to take but I would rather tell the truth about the situation than suppress it.
Besides this what is clear to me is that there are people who are simply just creating and concocting pictures and stories to deliberately mislead people , like I was misled. With benefit of hindsight I should have checked the story in detail but given that I am not a journalist or Police officer my experience in these matters are/were limited.
I must also seize this opportunity to plead with my brothers in Kaduna, regardless of ethnic or religious persuasion that the time to unite and fight for peace is now. This unfortunate situation is now actively being used by crisis opportunists, politicians and some unpatriotic elements to forge their personal or commercial agendas to the detriment of the peace and stability of the state. This must stop.
Instructively, it is important to note that nothing in my clarification undermines the fact that the lives of Nigerians citizens have been lost in the Southern Kaduna crisis rather it refers to this particular incident which I have verified to have been untrue and fraudulent.
The arrest of the arrest of 17 suspects with arms and ammunition in connection with the Southern Kaduna killings on the 3rd of February by security agents is evidence that our agitations are yielding fruit and to that end I commend the government on these arrests as well as many more in the nearest future.
To this end, I am even more resolved in this quest for the restoration of peace in Southern Kaduna and also working even more closely with the all the stakeholders to ensure that normalcy returns to Kaduna. What is however clear is that unverified facts , hate messages and ethnic stereotyping only exacerbates the issues ,they don’t help the pursuit of peace.
As I speak, my former driver Simon has been handed over to the police authorities.He is available to help the authorities with any further investigations.
Finally, all the people that posted#IstandWithAudu I appreciate the trust bestowed on me and hope I haven’t lost it.”

www.dailypost.ng/2017/02/04/southern-kaduna-killings-audu-maikori-apologizes-posting-false-information-online/
Shameless peddler of rumours aimed at futher endangering our unity and fragile peace and also peddlers of PMB death rumours may they not know peace if they dont repent and stop!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by Cuteamigo1(m): 9:04pm On Feb 04, 2017
wink I think will bring peace in southern kaduna.

It appears the slaughter and bloodbath in Southern
Kaduna is about to receive a permanent military
response and presence.

1 Share

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by Positivepoint(m): 9:04pm On Feb 04, 2017
SouthernUnite:
It doesn't change the fact several christians and minorities are killed in Southern Kaduna

We need to unite in the southern region (sw,ss and se)

A lot information about southern kaduna is false a evil.
Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by omenkaLives(m): 9:05pm On Feb 04, 2017
ceeethru:
Idiot!! After the damage has been done. Some gullible Nigerians have even believed the story to be true because one of their own has said rubbish. This country can never prosper if we continue in this direction. Shame!
That is just it. Most of these reports are nothing but lies.

These days, even when a CERTAIN GROUOP OF PEOPLE trip over a stone while walking, they blame it on Fulani herdsmen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by Ahmadgani(m): 9:16pm On Feb 04, 2017
Media propoganda

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by EazyMoh(m): 9:17pm On Feb 04, 2017
I truly respect this guy.
More than half of the so called Fulani herdsmen attacks are either exaggerated, concocted or misrepresented.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by Ramlay(m): 9:21pm On Feb 04, 2017
Nigeria is seriously in trouble, posting wrong info of such magnitude should be condem in it entirety. Greater percentage of nairalanders are hypocrites
Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by olisaEze(m): 9:27pm On Feb 04, 2017
We know atrocities are being committed on the daily in the southern part of kaduna, but in a bid to hastily right the wrongs done, two wrongs will not make a right (life is not BODMAS). Respect, for being man enough to admit it when your error was pointed out. Nigeria would be a better place today if our politicians and their followers could be like that.

Buh pls next time, this also goes out to all NLs, confirm before you post crap as fact!
Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by drss2(m): 9:34pm On Feb 04, 2017
apologise under threats we heard dat before. just like how they threaten d lawyer abandon his suit against buari dullard ova his certificate.
Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by Nobody: 9:37pm On Feb 04, 2017
God punish all those spreading false rumour just to gain cheap attention on their religion... U can see y Pastor Suleiman should be arrested...
Re: Southern Kaduna Killings: Audu Maikori Apologizes For Posting False Infor by Goodnuel: 9:40pm On Feb 04, 2017
veekid:
So no be MI originate choc city?
not exactly... MI originated loppy music.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okiemute Ighorodje Blasts Her Benefactor After Winning MTN Project Fame / Toyin Aimakhu And Kemi Olunloyo Exchange Words Over Controversial Death Threat / Emmanuella Iloba Covers HKE Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.