Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,954 members, 7,952,843 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:23 AM

Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections (3272 Views)

Salary Cut: We Borrowed To Fund Our Elections. . . .Lawmaker!. . .Photo / You Don't Believe Our Elections Are Free And Fair, Read This! / Mark To Eu: Don’t Interfere In Our Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by Mamajama(m): 5:19pm On Jan 19, 2007
Can we all get along, you guys here fighting and Atiku and OBJ are eating steak and drinking MOETS.

can we get our message across without throwing blows. PEACE.
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by McKren(m): 5:38pm On Jan 19, 2007
@BigB1

your last post justifies my previous post
still not bullied though
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by BigB11(m): 5:54pm On Jan 19, 2007
@McKren:

There is no need to waste more time; return back to me when you're fully and politically developed.

Later.
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by 4Play(m): 6:15pm On Jan 19, 2007
Does the UN or the US need to send election monitors to confirm that elections in Nigeria are rigged

They already know when election are rigged

Whether monitoring is done through formal or informal procedures is irelevant

Election monitors do not have to be physically present

I suspect that like in the last elections,when faced with evidence of manipulation,the international community will prefer not to rock the boat and approve of the results while acknowledging that there were irregularities
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by BigB11(m): 6:41pm On Jan 19, 2007
@4Play:

Rigging is not the only issue at hand that we need to question, we also need to pay attention to security of the citizens and the future of our nation.
The country is currently very fragile and not united. The evil folks are waiting for any excuse or opportunity to deflate the raft.

Do we really want this? what happens to being proactive? do we really think the current administration cares or is totally focused?

The presence of a neutral body will limit or dishearten the mission of the evil folks.
That's all.
No need to beat around the bush, it is what it is; Nigerians and Nigeria as a nation can not handle the coming presidential election alone.

It is clear and simple.

And a good example is what continues to occur in Ibadan every single day. It is definitely not normal and it will get worst as soon as May 29th gets closer.

And believe me, casualties will not be the politicians or their families.

Think about it.
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by 4Play(m): 6:48pm On Jan 19, 2007
There are thousands of polling stations in Nigeria.Any violence will simply occur in those stations where foreign monitors don't show up
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by BigB11(m): 6:57pm On Jan 19, 2007
@4Play:

Believe me, their presence will limit the violence.

An empty parked police car on the highway usually slows down the traffic and encourages driver to think twice before disobeying traffic law.
It's the same logic.

It is better than nothing.

Nigerians and Nigeria as a nation are not ready to monitor and coordinate this election alone. May be next one (2011), but definitely, not this coming one
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by egoldman(m): 7:04pm On Jan 19, 2007
Big B1 ,
I suggest you forget this issue ,the point is quite clear for any reasonable person to see here ,OBJ and Atiku are not the issue here ,but it seems like the person that started this topic have preferred rather to be narrow minded and not seeing any reasonable points for reasons best know yo him or her ,so best thing to do now is to leave the case as it is ,trying to prove what we all know would take us no where with this thread .
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by debosky(m): 7:14pm On Jan 19, 2007
I disagree with BigB1 in principle, we don't 'need' the Us to come and 'co-ordinate' our elections!! who the heck are they? na dem born us? no right, no justification, nothing!! If you said UN observers, sure, BUT the final decision is not theirs, its the decision of INEC, the body empowered by the NIGERIAN (Not AMERICAN OR UN) Constitution.

Sure, Observers would be good, but Nigerian politicians are shameless and greedy, if they want to rig, even if Papa God was standing right next to them, they would still do it without hesitation!! Abi US ambassador no dey naija when they killed Ige?? or Agbroko?? or Williams?? Stuff will still happen, whether or not the US bring their big nose to stick in this case. The thing we need to do is get our arses up and demand free elections, like Soyinka, Gani and Transition Monitoring Group, amongst others are doing. No Oyinbo man will do it for you, they'll play along as long as it doesnt threaten their interest!
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by McKren(m): 8:08pm On Jan 19, 2007
I don't know where BigB1 is getting to with this talk Foreign monitors protecting lives of Nigerians.

I hope you understand that mostly foreign monitors are civilians, how the presence of foreign civilians will change the security state of Nigeria, only you will know? The so called foreigners you think Nigerians will worship are being kidnapped on daily basis in Niger-Delta in exchange for money so tell me how their presence will change anything.

I think I am beggining to understand the motivation behind your point, you think OBJ has some interest in the election and thats the truth.  (otherwise tell me the relationship between Oyo crisis and National elections)
Well I don't care who OBJ wants but am so happy he does not want a group of people in power. Thinking the presence of US will promote the opportunities of such people is a wishful thinking and may be you under-estimate how unelectable such people are.

there is no hope for IBB or Atiku period!!!!!!!!!!1
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by BigB11(m): 8:23pm On Jan 19, 2007
Why do you continue to force what is there?

It is clearly obvious, dude you can't handle this topic; believe me, you're better-off quiting and just stick to reading comments on this forum. You will never see my points 'because you need time to develop.

Posted by McKren
The so called foreigners you think Nigerians will worship are being kidnapped on daily basis in Niger-Delta in exchange for money so tell me how their presence will change anything.

By the way, do you understand the different between oil workers that are being kidnapped and the representative from united states?
You clearly do not have material and this is why you continue to mix things up.

Regarding IBB: I will disregard your comment and focus on this topic.
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by BigB11(m): 8:26pm On Jan 19, 2007
@McKren:

In-fact, this topic is dead.

Good luck.
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by McKren(m): 8:29pm On Jan 19, 2007
I will continue to say things you dont want to hear provided they are the truth
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by BigB11(m): 8:56pm On Jan 19, 2007
@McKren

As much as I'm holding back and trying my best not to call you dumdum, you're driving me crazy.
You've got to be kidding me? Are you that empty?

No disrespect, I will recommend to change your name to DUMDUM, this way folks will know in advance not to expect much when you post your comments.

Posted By DUMDUM aka McKren
(otherwise tell me the relationship between Oyo crisis and National elections)

Isn't Ibadan part of Nigeria?
Do you think Ladoja, Akala and Adedibu are fighting over the governorship of Accra or Lome?

Dude, what is wrong with you?
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by McKren(m): 9:02pm On Jan 19, 2007
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

BigB1 we will soon be friends you know though will remain political rivals
check out what you typed in bold!!!! reminds me of those days in kindergaten
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by BigB11(m): 9:14pm On Jan 19, 2007
@McKren

No disrespect, regardless of our political views, we remain brothers.

One love!
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by egoldman(m): 4:50am On Jan 20, 2007
Yeah brothers we remain ,but in this topic i cant go to the level of some people .
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by stanech: 11:14am On Jan 20, 2007
I used to think OBJ has an empty brain, now I know that Atiku's brain is an empty shell.
No problem with him inviting foreigners (US) sha oh but the truth still remain his dumbass will not enter Aso rock again and that is final
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by toshmann(m): 8:08pm On Jan 20, 2007
stanech:

I used to think OBJ has an empty brain, now I know that Atiku's brain is an empty shell.
No problem with him inviting foreigners (US) sha oh but the truth still remain his dumbass will not enter Aso rock again and that is final
stanech has spoken grin grin grin
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by BigB11(m): 6:12am On Jan 21, 2007
@stanech:

Don't be too sure.

Obj's and you folks' (haters) action against Atiku might back fire.

We shall see.
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by musy(m): 5:55pm On Jan 23, 2007
@mackren
hello i have gone through all your discussion on the above issue you seems to be blindfolded or brainedwash on theperson of the vice president. am not saying he is honest, but in terms of democracy he is better than obj. if you will recall the third term issue you are left to judge for yourself.

LONG LIVE NIGERIA
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by McKren(m): 5:57pm On Jan 23, 2007
the same old story and very typical of where the idea is coming from.

their characteristic include:
democracy = a boss suporting his deputy to succeed him, anything else is undemocratic.

when u disagree to that you are either gullible, brainwashed, blindfolded  or a dictator
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by LadyT(f): 6:00pm On Jan 23, 2007
musy:

@mackren
hello i have gone through all your discussion on the above issue you seems to be blindfolded or brainedwash on theperson of the vice president. am not saying he is honest, but in terms of democracy he is better than obj. if you will recall the third term issue you are left to judge for yourself.

LONG LIVE NIGERIA

Whatever drugs you are using I suggest you stop. They have clouded your mind. Never mention Atiku and democracy again in the same sentence.
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by musy(m): 6:12pm On Jan 23, 2007
@ lady T

well thanks for reminding me wether am using drugs is left for you to judge. let's look at the scnerios that happens in this country from1999 to date. take 2003 in particular if you will remember during the PDP conventions all the cGovernors asked Atiku to contest but he refused and said that he is behind his boss. will obj do the same ? this is one of his being a true democrat.
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by musy(m): 6:19pm On Jan 23, 2007
@ lady T

as i go through your profile i will not be suprised from your comment because maybe you are still a student you don't know what to be in the labour market. please try and start respecting people's view
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by Mariory(m): 6:27pm On Jan 23, 2007
stanech:

Can't argue with the truth when it's so frankly stated. grin
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by McKren(m): 8:17pm On Jan 23, 2007
musy:

@ lady T

as i go through your profile i will not be suprised from your comment because maybe you are still a student you don't know what to be in the labour market. please try and start respecting people's view

Another trademark behavior!!!!!!!   someone who has not respected my view is accusing someone else that they have not respected his view.

These are the sort of things you see with Atiku everyday. He wants to remain VP in a PDP led government and yet Presidential candidate of another party, an act which the constitution or common sense anywhere in the world does not permit.  In defense of their action they start quoting the same constitution they have flouted in the first place.

Recently he got one of his courts to stop INEC from performing its constitutional duties and goes on media to bully INEC with words like "they are disrespecting court orders" 24 hours latter he presenst himself for the same excersize he got a court to quash the previous day.
Please what are all these confusion about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is that not an attempt to use the Court to short-circuit the constitution? is it not a mockery on the constitution//   
People should learn to practice what they preach please.
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by debosky(m): 8:39pm On Jan 23, 2007
Atiku is a coward, he should have the guts to quit this government, and focus on his presidential campaign, for crying out loud,

3 months to the election, and he's still holding on?? he's now trying to appear like a saint, we all know of his dealings under COJA

and all the other atrocities, even the so called 'democratic' standing by his boss in 2003 occured after Obj went to beg and bribe everyone

not because of anything Atiku did. thats why OBj (a man who doesn't forgive) is out to get him, they are birds of the same feather, to hell with them both!!
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by BigB11(m): 9:29pm On Jan 23, 2007
A true leader doesn't quit.
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by McKren(m): 9:33pm On Jan 23, 2007
BigB1 whats up where have u been?

Big B1:

A true leader doesn't quit.

But IBB did quit what then do you make of that? ok guess he did not quit he only stepped aside grin grin grin grin
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by debosky(m): 9:37pm On Jan 23, 2007
A true leader

OR a coward who wants to have his cake and eat it?

a true thief never stops stealing, thats why he hasn't left, maybe he can still make a few crooked deals before May 29th
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by BigB11(m): 9:48pm On Jan 23, 2007
@Mkren:

IBB; damn, don't get me started.

Look out, very soon I will be coming out with the true Identity of the man himself, IBB.
The man, his quality as a man, a friend, a family man, honest man, his sensational style, state of mind, leadership skill, his firmness, spirituality and his dedication to his country.

My man, you can never never compare IBB to any of these leaders (clowns). Believe it or not, they all look up to him.

He is a champion at any time and at any day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Terrorism In Nigeria? / Jonathan Commissions West Africa's First Aluminum Drinks Can Manufacturing Plant / Lets Celebrate The Inteligencia Of Gej...bakassi Is Back In Cameroon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.