Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:08 AM

Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections (3275 Views)

Salary Cut: We Borrowed To Fund Our Elections. . . .Lawmaker!. . .Photo / You Don't Believe Our Elections Are Free And Fair, Read This! / Mark To Eu: Don’t Interfere In Our Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by 4Play(m): 6:39pm On Jan 18, 2007
McKren:

Nigeria benefits nothing from America, if they don't buy oil anymore we simply sell it to china and India

You really think that is a plausible option for Nigeria?

I have not heard it said anywhere that the US has agreed to intervene in Nigeria's electoral process on Atiku's behalf so I don't know why there is so much anti-American hyperventillation
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by Mamajama(m): 6:51pm On Jan 18, 2007
people with all the issues arising in Nigeria won't it be wise to postpone the election if all the loop holes have not been covered?

lets get real for a minute.
what if every qualified Nigerians haven't had the privileged to register?

what if we don't have the required equipment to tally the votes?

what if we don't have enough ballot boxes?

what if the Inec don't have qualified or adequate personnel?

should we still go ahead and conduct the election? knowing that millions of Nigerians will be excluded?

this are my views and i am not saying all this are happening.
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by 4Play(m): 6:54pm On Jan 18, 2007
These people had years to prepare for elections.Its not like the elections came suddenly and they had no time to prepare
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by McKren(m): 6:56pm On Jan 18, 2007
dont think so, the transition programme should go on. regime change and its timming is more important than the process at this stage in our National history. I want to see someone else in Aso Rock come May 29. In  the interest of this nation and our democracy.
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by BigB11(m): 7:44pm On Jan 18, 2007
@4 play:
Excellent point.

@MAMAJAMA:
No disrespect, but you represent failure in every way. Why? Because you embrace it so much and all your recommendations are defective at all levels.
People like you will havoc a country or business as a leader. Think broadly, my man.

Election process should have been put in place many many months ago. There is no excuse for any delay; this is why it is very important to introduce a reliable neutral body to assist during the process.

Any delay or postponement signifies failure.
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by Mamajama(m): 8:20pm On Jan 18, 2007
Big B1:

@MAMAJAMA:

this is why it is very important to introduce a reliable neutral body to assist during the process.

Any delay or postponement signifies failure.

So your alternative MR bigb1 is to invite USA to monitor and conduct our election? and why waste the money that could be use to develop good infrastructure to house and put this people in hotels?

Boy you need to start thinking before you speak sometimes
this is a local issue that will be handle in Nigeria, USA has no interest in interfering in Nigeria politics, its the damn press that is feeding all you people with this crazy speculations.
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by BigB11(m): 8:29pm On Jan 18, 2007
@MAMAJAMA

FYI: America assisted us in 1993 during the election process and it has been confirmed over and over that the 1993 election was the most successful election that ever took place in Nigeria.

Go and check the record; America played a major part.
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by McKren(m): 10:04pm On Jan 18, 2007
bigb1 if you think any person will buy this your idea of america presiding over our election, i will rather advice you go and sell snow to the eskimos.
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by BigB11(m): 10:55pm On Jan 18, 2007
@McKren

Dude,

I usually don't see anything unless it's sensible.

FYI: With the current political situation in Nigeria, it is inevitable to avoid American interference.
Our incompetent leaders have sold us once again; whether we like it or not, America will be back to monitor and coordinate our next presidential election.

America can careless about Atiku or OBJ; they are more focused on the Innocent citizens and our oil, and that is the fact.

Hence, my man, don't blame Big B1; blame your leaders.
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by McKren(m): 11:04pm On Jan 18, 2007
hahahahahahahahahahahaha, whether we like it or not??

that is the most wishful thinking I have heard for a while
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by papaD1(m): 12:12am On Jan 19, 2007
wetin dey worry that Baba atiku self?i think they bothare spoillin everything now he wanna invite US that havent settle there own domestic problems.usa doesnt invite any contry to help them in there own problem they re going through,our empty headed politician should sit down and come out with a good plan to make naija better instead of stealing the govt. money and take it abroad.atiku is now playing saint when there time is almost out.ATIKU OLE.
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by egoldman(m): 8:38am On Jan 19, 2007
am sure that both atiku and obj are thieves ,but tell me have NIGERIA not been invited to observe elections in some african countries before ? were we considered as meddling in those countries affairs ?
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by McKren(m): 10:08am On Jan 19, 2007
We were invited by their Government, if Nigerian Government invites USA fine. But not Atiku or Yaradua or Buhari.
You can not invite another country when you are not the Government merely because you think you will loose.
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by egoldman(m): 10:26am On Jan 19, 2007
Well in that case OBJ ,should invite them to show the world he has nuttin to hide about the coming polls .
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by McKren(m): 10:33am On Jan 19, 2007
it does not work like that. America does not invite no one to show they have nothing to hide.
2007 Nigeria should be able to conduct election without the help of US
We have to grow
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by egoldman(m): 10:59am On Jan 19, 2007
inviting america and the un with the european union to observe our election doesnt mean that we are not the one incharge ,its all in the spirit of openess ,and by the way they have been practicing election system for very long time unlike us,so its only natural that we invite them to observe own young democracy .
when a country like nigeria with the current political situation says it doesnt want anyone to come and see how our election is conducted ,then it means we have something to hide .
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by McKren(m): 11:43am On Jan 19, 2007
nope!
it only means we are responsible to ourself. Most of these so called experienced democracies go about protecting their own interest
inviting them to virtually everything we do leaves us in such a vulnerable situation and Nigeria must be weary of that
America is a friend of no one but themselves
However the Nigerian Governmemnt can invite the UN if they wish but a contestant thinking he can bully the Government into doing that is absolute rubbish, after all they were all here in 2003 when elections were rigged. The international community spoke out against the election and Abel Goubadia went on to anounce his fraudulent results. Did they do anything?

The problem with Atiku is a case of a head hunter not wanting someone else to put an arm across his neck, he was part of that fruadulent rigging now he is afraid it could happen against him. If he is so in love with free and fair elections why did he not speak out then?
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by 4Play(m): 1:24pm On Jan 19, 2007
There are foreign monitors in US national elections

If OBJ does not invite US officials to monitor the elections they won't come

I don't really see what the argument is about
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by egoldman(m): 1:57pm On Jan 19, 2007
The international community spoke out against the election and Abel Goubadia went on to anounce his fraudulent results. Did they do anything?
No they didn't do anything because they were not invited to dictate if an election result would stand or not ,they don't come to impose any result or candidate to us ,they only come just like the UN or any other reputable body to report about the fairness of the election ,their reports are not in anyway binding on Nigeria .
So i still do not see how America or any other reputable body coming to observe our election can be seen as meddling in our internal affairs .
Mind you in my first post on this thread ,i said that OBJ and Atiku are both thieves,so am not trying to say Atiku is right or wrong to invite the USA to come and observe our election,all am saying is that USA coming to observe our election is not in anyway meddling in our affairs ,rather its a good thing because the government would not like outside bodies to report that the election is not free and fair .
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by Mariory(m): 2:21pm On Jan 19, 2007
Big B1:

@MARIORY (BLACKNESS) (no need to be defensive, we both know who you are)

@Big B1 (NUMBNUTS) (Peharps you should cease making yourself appear clueless. We both know you are but, at least try not to show it at every turn).
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by McKren(m): 2:23pm On Jan 19, 2007
4play has said it and its true

we are probably saying the same thing in different ways
An invited USA is welcomed, but US coming without Fedral Government invitation cos they want to protect Atiku's interest is meddling in our internal affairs. As a matter of fact they will not do that.
However nobody should use the media to bully the presidency into inviting anybody. FG should do it if they so wish.
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by Mamajama(m): 2:34pm On Jan 19, 2007
some of you guys amazes me, so tell me one thing with the invitation of USA to monitor our election does that means the election still cant be rig? does USA have enough personnel to spear to go to all the local government areas to monitor and conduct the elections? people get real. with or without USA the election can still be fix. all we need is prayers.
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by BigB11(m): 2:39pm On Jan 19, 2007
No!
It means that innocent people will not be the casualties of the election.
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by BigB11(m): 2:43pm On Jan 19, 2007
You guys need to ask Atiku for his motive in making this move.

Believe me, America will not be getting involved just to protect Atiku and his mission. You need to look at the bigger picture.

On the other hand, OBJ is too stubborn, too unfocused, too greedy to think about making such move for the sake of Nigerians and Nigeria as a nation.
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by Mamajama(m): 2:48pm On Jan 19, 2007
Can we forget about OBJ for a minute. he is a dead issue, and will be out come May 29th. we will have new president

Nigerians need to start thinking of what will happen if their candidate of choice fail to emerge as the winner.

will the other candidates concede? or revolt?
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by BigB11(m): 2:49pm On Jan 19, 2007
Inviting America to monitor our presidential election means the same thing as inviting European countries and USA to help us fight against corruption.

Think about it.
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by BigB11(m): 2:51pm On Jan 19, 2007
@MAMAJAMA:

Quote by MAMAJAMA

Can we forget about OBJ for a minute. he is a dead issue, and will be out come May 29th. we will have new president

Nigerians need to start thinking of what will happen if their candidate of choice fail to emerge as the winner.

will the other candidates concede? or revolt?

HELLOOOOOOOOO

Where have you been?

What do you think we've been doing for the past 2 days?
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by Mamajama(m): 3:00pm On Jan 19, 2007
I wish the presidency and the senate can forget about Atiku for once and focus on the election at hand.

This man is causing so much distraction, and it's about time someone tell him to put the interest of the nation at heart

and forget about his stupid ambitions. The world is watching Nigeria and every where you go you hear of instability in

Nigeria. its mind troubling.
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by BigB11(m): 3:08pm On Jan 19, 2007
I think you guys are mixing things up and it is sad.
This is also one of the problems of Mr. president.

Just because you despise someone or you want to devalue someone's mission doesn't mean you should be blindfolded from acknowledging the fact or sensible strategy.

For the sake of Nigerians and Nigeria as a nation, I think it is a great idea to get America involved.

It is obvious that our leaders are not capable and definitely this current administration can never be counted on.

It is not about Atiku or anybody, it is about our future.

You guys truly need to speak to a Liberian.
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by BigB11(m): 3:18pm On Jan 19, 2007
@McKren

I can bet my last card; you (MCkren) reside far away from Nigeria, hence I'm not sure if you truly have a pure insight to understand the essence of your topic.

Your premiss are very weak and you're not addressing all the major factors that encircle this topic. Your focus is only on one and single point (Atiku's mission/ pride not to involve America), which in my view represents a mere phantom and lack of understanding of the real current political situation in Nigeria.
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by McKren(m): 4:54pm On Jan 19, 2007
see am used to those words

lack of understanding, gullible, blind etc,

That is what you get each time you don't agree with an Atiku supporter

However my position remains the same, nobody should try to bully the FG into inviting US
At most FG should invite UN if they so wish
Re: Atiku Invites US To Partake In Our Elections by BigB11(m): 5:13pm On Jan 19, 2007
@McKren:

First, I'm not one of Atiku's supporters, trust me. My comments or insight on this matter is purely sincere and that is what you people refuse to understand. I view things from a different angle, I just don't follow.

Second, you still don't get it; this is much more than Atiku, it's about innocent Nigerians who might be the election casualties and the future of our lovely nation.

And finally, It is obvious that you have no tool what so ever to finish what you've started.

You should stick to reading comments on this forum, instead of wasting people's time talking about things you truly don't understand.
There is nothing worst than discussing a serious matter with a blank shooter who needs time to develop. No disrespect!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Teachers Get 27% Raise, Politicians Get 100% Na Wa Oh / Gov Amaechi Dissolves Cabinet / Gubernatorial Election Results 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.