Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,692 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? (25426 Views)

Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says / Should A Man Who Is A Born-Again Christian Be A Gynaecologist? / Why Are Christians Such Liars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by oaroloye(m): 5:17pm On Feb 07, 2017
malvisguy212:
Is it wrong for governmental authorities to execute a murderer ?

Yes. It is wrong.

It is a long-argued position that, "CRIMINALS ARE CREATED BY SOCIETY."

As JAMES might have said, people wake up out of slumber to say, "HEAR, HEAR!" then promptly go back to sleep again, and forget all about it.

It makes no sense whatsoever!

Everyone knows that CRIMINAL SINNERS ARE OUT THERE- yet they do nothing about it!

Girls know that Rapists are about- so they wear miniskirts!

Rich guys fear robbers- so they build houses with high walls that can be defeated by a simple ladder.

Walls so thick, that no one can hear them screaming for help!

They spent millions of Naira- when that used to mean something- buying mobile coffins they jokingly call 'cars."

Four million Naira worth of automobile rendered useless by four $1 bullets to the tyres- what is that "Velocity Ratio?"

You buy bullet-proof vest- they shoot you in the head....

Police on Speed-Dial: that is called, "DIAL 911, AND DIE!"

The point is, that MATERIAL MEANS CANNOT PROTECT YOU.

God knows what He is talking about; protection from harm is build into His Covenant- but to access it, you have to be serious.

I am the only person preaching about God's Tools of Protection- and all Christians do is laugh my Message off.

They go to their SONG & DANCE Ministers, who will tell them that "ALL IS WELL! ALL IS WELL!" until one day, it ISN'T.

Then they weep and wail- if they survived- then forget about the failure of their Doctrine.

All murder is killing but not all killing is murder. Murder involves killing unlawfully with premeditated malice.

If you are the cause of someone's exit from this World, you are not a Blessing to them.

. JOHN 8:3-11.

3. And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him
a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
4. They say unto him,
"Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
5. "Now Moses in the law commanded us,
that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
6. This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him
But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground,
as though he heard them not.
7. So when they continued asking him,
he lifted up himself, and said unto them,
"He that is without sin among you,
let him first cast a stone at her."
8. And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
9. And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience,
went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last:
and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
10. When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman,
he said unto her,
"Woman, where are those thine accusers?
hath no man condemned thee?"
11. She said,
"No man, Lord."
And Jesus said unto her,
"Neither do I condemn thee:
go, and sin no more."

FUNCTIONAL ILLITERATES SAY THAT YAHSHUA PARDONED A CAPITAL SINNER.

He did no such thing: he fully upheld THE LAW here:

. DEUTERONOMY 17:6-7.

6. At the mouth of two witnesses,
or three witnesses,
shall he that is worthy of death
be put to death;
but at the mouth of one witness
he shall not be put to death.
7. The hands of the witnesses
shall be first upon him to put him to death,
and afterward the hands of all the people.
So thou shalt put the Evil away
from among you.

THERE WERE NO WITNESSES TO CONDEMN THE WOMAN.

They all fled, when Yahshua reminded them of MOSES' LAST SERMON ON EARTH:

. DEUTERONOMY 25:13-16.

13. Thou shalt not have in thy bag
divers weights, a great and a small.
14. Thou shalt not have in thine house
divers measures, a great and a small.
15. But thou shalt have a perfect and just weight,
a perfect and just measure shalt thou have:
that thy days may be lengthened
in the Land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
16. For all that do such things,
and all that do unrighteously,
are an Abomination unto the LORD thy God.

MOSES HATED HIS FELLOW ISRAELITES, AND WAITED UNTIL THE LAST TO INFORM THEM THAT EXECUTING CAPITAL PUNISHMENTS AFFECTED THE EXECUTIONERS, TOO. That was how he TRICKED their PARENTS into KILLING THEMSELVES.

. MATTHEW 7:1-6.

"JUDGE not, that ye be not judged.
2. "For with what judgment ye judge,
ye shall be judged:
and with what measure ye mete,
it shall be measured to you again.
3. "And why beholdest thou the mote
that is in thy brother's eye,
but considerest not the beam
that is in thine own eye?
4. "Or how wilt thou say to thy brother,

'LET ME PULL OUT THE MOTE
OUT OF THINE EYE;'

and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5. "Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam
out of thine own eye;
and then shalt thou see clearly
to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
6. "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs,
neither cast ye your pearls before swine,
lest they trample them under their feet,
and turn again and rend you."

ALL YOU CHRISTIANS AND NON-CHRISTIANS ALIKE ARE CURRENTLY SUFFERING THE CONSEQUENCES OF BEING GUILTY OF MURDER BY PROXY.

You judge one another for not seeing things your way- whereas there is a HUGE BLINDNESS you HAVE, that you are IGNORING.

Therefore, God is treating you like UNCLEAN ANIMALS- where you WON'T get the Quality Feeds!

Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by oaroloye(m): 6:22pm On Feb 07, 2017
malvisguy212:
what is the meaning of the 6th commandment ?

If you need someone to explain what the 6th Commandment means, you must have a serious problem!

Laying on of hands might help- or maybe laying on of two-by-four?

. EXODUS 20:1-21.

AND God spake all these Words, saying,
2. "I am the LORD thy God,
Which have brought thee out of The Land of Egypt,
out of The House of Bondage.

[b]3. "THOU SHALT HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME.

4. "THOU SHALT NOT MAKE UNTO THEE ANY GRAVEN IMAGE,
OR ANY LIKENESS OF ANY THING THAT IS IN HEAVEN ABOVE,
OR THAT IS IN THE EARTH BENEATH,
OR THAT IS IN THE WATER UNDER THE EARTH.
5. "THOU SHALT NOT BOW DOWN THYSELF TO THEM, NOR SERVE THEM:
FOR I THE LORD THY GOD AM A JEALOUS GOD,
VISITING THE INIQUITY OF THE FATHERS
UPON THE CHILDREN UNTO THE THIRD AND FOURTH GENERATION
OF THEM THAT HATE ME;
6. "AND SHEWING MERCY UNTO THOUSANDS OF THEM THAT LOVE ME,
AND KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS.

7. "THOU SHALT NOT TAKE THE NAME OF THE LORD THY GOD IN VAIN;
FOR THE LORD WILL NOT HOLD HIM GUILTLESS
THAT TAKETH HIS NAME IN VAIN."

8. "REMEMBER THE SABBATH DAY, TO KEEP IT HOLY.
9. "SIX DAYS SHALT THOU LABOUR, AND DO ALL THY WORK:
10. "BUT THE SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH OF THE LORD THY GOD:
IN IT THOU SHALT NOT DO ANY WORK,
THOU, NOR THY SON, NOR THY DAUGHTER, THY MANSERVANT, NOR THY MAIDSERVANT,
NOR THY CATTLE, NOR THY STRANGER THAT IS WITHIN THY GATES:
11. "FOR IN SIX DAYS THE LORD MADE HEAVEN AND EARTH, THE SEA,
AND ALL THAT IN THEM IS, AND RESTED THE SEVENTH DAY:
WHEREFORE THE LORD BLESSED THE SABBATH DAY,
AND HALLOWED IT.

12. "HONOUR THY FATHER AND THY MOTHER:
THAT THY DAYS MAY BE LONG UPON THE LAND
WHICH THE LORD THY GOD GIVETH THEE.

13. "THOU SHALT NOT KILL.

14. "THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY.

15. "THOU SHALT NOT STEAL.

16. "THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS AGAINST THY NEIGHBOUR.

17. "THOU SHALT NOT COVET THY NEIGHBOUR'S HOUSE,
THOU SHALT NOT COVET THY NEIGHBOUR'S WIFE,
NOR HIS MANSERVANT, NOR HIS MAIDSERVANT,
NOR HIS OX, NOR HIS ASS, NOR ANY THING THAT IS THY NEIGHBOUR'S."[/b]

18. And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings,
and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking:
and when the people saw it, they removed, and stood afar off.
19. And they said unto Moses,
"Speak thou with us, and we will hear:
but let not God speak with us, lest we die."
20. And Moses said unto the people,
"Fear not: for God is come to prove you,
and that His fear may be before your faces,
that ye sin not."
21. And the people stood afar off,
and Moses drew near unto the thick Darkness
where God was.

NO ONE IS SUPPOSED TO TELL YOU WHAT THE SCRIPTURES MEAN.

It is YOUR DUTY to MEDITATE upon them, until you understand them completely.

Did you not read my Topic on that subject?
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by oaroloye(m): 6:26pm On Feb 07, 2017
AceRoyal:
YES!!!
CHRISTIANS ARE ALLOWED TO KILL IN SELF DEFENSE!
EVEN GOD ENCOURAGES SELF DEFENSE AND TOTAL ANNIHILATION!!!

No, He does not.

Can you prove your words?

Certainly not.
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by oaroloye(m): 6:32pm On Feb 07, 2017
amnesty7:
"But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me."
According to Luke 19:27 , Jesus commanded.

No, he did not.

Stop lying.
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by amnesty7: 8:02pm On Feb 07, 2017
oaroloye:

No, he did not.
Stop lying.
I only quoted. Go check it up.
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by blueAgent(m): 8:20pm On Feb 07, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

lol, I'm just surprised Analice107 Anas09 Felixomor Kingebukasblog Blueagent Jesuobu Doctoralien haven't given us their opinion

Why are Atheists,so desperate to discredit Christainity?

The Bible instructs Christains to obey the laws of the land.the old and new Testament are both for christain living and guide.no part should be discarded.
God does not judge someone who killed in self defense to be guilty,so many Bible verses talks about one not shedding innocent blood which means there are killings that are not innocent blood and it is allowed,
Exodus 23:7 Keep thee far from a false matter; and the innocent and righteous slay thou not: for I will not justify the wicked.
a christain who is a solider and fights a legitimate war in defense of his country is not bad before God.
Atheists misinterprete Jesus quote about been slapped and all that. Jesus did not ask christains to been naive and been killed.No what Jesus meant was that christains should be willingly to go to large extent to love and help others even their enemies. But the same Jesus asked christains to sell their coat and buy a sword. This shows the real meaning of what Jesus meant. Even in the new testement their are examples of the discples punishing people for evil.eg when paul cursed Bar Jesus a magician who immediately became blind.you don't expect a christain who has been robbed often to fold his arms without equipping himself. inorder to protect his lives.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by blueAgent(m): 8:22pm On Feb 07, 2017
Deuteronomy 19:10 That innocent blood be not shed in thy land, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance, and so blood be upon thee. Deuteronomy 21:9 So shalt thou put away the guilt of innocent blood from among you, when thou shalt do that which is right in the sight of the LORD. Deuteronomy 27:25 Cursed be he that taketh reward to slay an innocent person. And all the people shall say, Amen. Isaiah 59:7 Their feet run to evil, and they make haste to shed innocent blood: their thoughts are thoughts of iniquity; wasting and destruction are in their paths. Jeremiah 7:6 If ye oppress not the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, and shed not innocent blood in this place, neither walk after other gods to your hurt:
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by AceRoyal: 11:13pm On Feb 07, 2017
oaroloye:

No, He does not.
Can you prove your words?
Certainly not.
Red your Bible very well,especially Old testament!
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by hopefulLandlord: 12:54am On Feb 08, 2017
blueAgent:

The Bible instructs Christains to obey the laws of the land.the old and new Testament are both for christain living and guide.no part should be discarded.
God does not judge someone who killed in self defense to be guilty,so many Bible verses talks about one not shedding innocent blood which means there are killings that are not innocent blood and it is allowed,
Exodus 23:7 Keep thee far from a false matter; and the innocent and righteous slay thou not: for I will not justify the wicked.
a christain who is a solider and fights a legitimate war in defense of his country is not bad before God.
Atheists misinterprete Jesus quote about been slapped and all that. Jesus did not ask christains to been naive and been killed.No what Jesus meant was that christains should be willingly to go to large extent to love and help others even their enemies. But the same Jesus asked christains to sell their coat and buy a sword. This shows the real meaning of what Jesus meant. Even in the new testement their are examples of the discples punishing people for evil.eg when paul cursed Bar Jesus a magician who immediately became blind.you don't expect a christain who has been robbed often to fold his arms without equipping him/her inorder to protect his or her lives.

blueAgent:
Deuteronomy 19:10 That innocent blood be not shed in thy land, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance, and so blood be upon thee. Deuteronomy 21:9 So shalt thou put away the guilt of innocent blood from among you, when thou shalt do that which is right in the sight of the LORD. Deuteronomy 27:25 Cursed be he that taketh reward to slay an innocent person. And all the people shall say, Amen. Isaiah 59:7 Their feet run to evil, and they make haste to shed innocent blood: their thoughts are thoughts of iniquity; wasting and destruction are in their paths. Jeremiah 7:6 If ye oppress not the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, and shed not innocent blood in this place, neither walk after other gods to your hurt:

CC Hardmirror
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Justmeal: 3:01am On Feb 08, 2017
zionmade:
The reason why atheists and Muslims always rush on sundays to raise stupid questions about Christianity is because an atheist just dnt have any peace of mind within himself knowing full well that thereis a hole in his heart only God can fill while the muslims know that what they practice is just useless but they cant leave it because of the death penalty awaiting them

The only sin in the bible is defined as "anything not done by faith and love" Jesus said dat all the laws are summarized in the commandment love thy neighbor as urself.
Love is wen a soldier picks up his gun to protect d lives of others.
Jesuz healed the servant of a centurion(army general) and even said dat he has never seen a faith like his own in the whole Israel
Love is when a soldier knows dat even though death awaits him, he wont relent in ensuring that other lives are secured
Peter went to a centurion's house and the Holy Spirit came upon him and his family even before peter prayed.
Now who are u to condemn a general in army who God chooses to reside in his heart.
Please dnt ask me of where u can find these in the bible because i believe those that read the Bible as d Op claims will know exactly where to find it
God bless you Bro!
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by neocortex: 3:02pm On Feb 08, 2017
nattty:

Okay if you are in a circumstance where you are about to be slapped allow them slap ur 2 cheeks or about to be killed allow them kill you okay, coz I don't think you need a bible verse alone to protect yourself..even king david fought against his enemy in the bible so what are we saying??

In Jesus's christianity, the concept of self-defense doesn't exist,
you are to love your enemy and turn the other cheek.
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by solaere(m): 1:04pm On Feb 09, 2017
HardMirror:

Why can't God fight your battles?
note dat if God must fight my battle he wont come from heaven wit axe,sword,gun nd d like he instead will gear my wisdom to defend my slf...
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by oaroloye(m): 1:47pm On Feb 11, 2017
amnesty7:

I only quoted. Go check it up.

As I said, you are lying, because Jesus never Commanded any of his Disciples to kill anyone, that is completely impossible.

Rather, Yahshua was himself quoting an unnamed nobleman- and things like this surely went on throughout History, all over the World, who, having received a Kingdom for himself, came back, rewarded his servants who proved diligent with added responsibilities, punished the failures in his household, and then proceeded to root out and kill those who had opposed his ascension.

All Christians know this story: it is called THE PARABLE OF THE POUNDS.

. LUKE 19:11-27.

11. And as they heard these things,
he added and spake a Parable,
because he was nigh to Jerusalem,
and because they thought
that The Kingdom of God should immediately appear.
12. He said therefore,
"A certain nobleman went into a far country
to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.
13. And he called his ten servants,
and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them,
'Occupy till I come.'
14. "But his citizens hated him,
and sent a message after him, saying,
'We will not have this man to reign over us.'
15. "And it came to pass, that when he was returned,
having received the kingdom,
then he commanded these servants
to be called unto him,
to whom he had given the money,
that he might know how much
every man had gained by trading.
16. "Then came the first, saying,

'LORD, THY POUND HATH GAINED TEN POUNDS.'

17. "And he said unto him,

'WELL, THOU GOOD SERVANT:
BECAUSE THOU HAST BEEN
FAITHFUL IN A VERY LITTLE,
HAVE THOU AUTHORITY
OVER TEN CITIES.'

18. "And the second came, saying,

'LORD, THY POUND HATH GAINED FIVE POUNDS.'

19. "And he said likewise to him,

'BE THOU ALSO OVER FIVE CITIES.'

20. "And another came, saying,

'LORD, BEHOLD, HERE IS THY POUND,
WHICH I HAVE KEPT
LAID UP IN A NAPKIN:
21. 'FOR I FEARED THEE,
BECAUSE THOU ART
AN AUSTERE MAN:
THOU TAKEST UP
THAT THOU LAYEDST NOT DOWN,
AND REAPEST
THAT THOU DIDST NOT SOW.'

22. "And he saith unto him,

'OUT OF THINE OWN MOUTH
WILL I JUDGE THEE,
THOU WICKED SERVANT.
THOU KNEWEST
THAT I WAS AN AUSTERE MAN,
TAKING UP THAT I LAID NOT DOWN,
AND REAPING THAT I DID NOT SOW:
23. 'WHEREFORE THEN GAVEST NOT THOU
MY MONEY INTO THE BANK, THAT AT MY COMING
I MIGHT HAVE REQUIRED MINE OWN
WITH USURY?'

24. "And he said unto them that stood by,

'TAKE FROM HIM THE POUND,
AND GIVE IT TO HIM
THAT HATH TEN POUNDS.'

25. "(And they said unto him,

'LORD, HE HATH TEN POUNDS.)'

26. 'FOR I SAY UNTO YOU,

"THAT UNTO EVERY ONE
WHICH HATH
SHALL BE GIVEN;
AND FROM HIM THAT HATH NOT,
EVEN THAT HE HATH
SHALL BE TAKEN AWAY FROM HIM."

27. 'BUT THOSE MINE ENEMIES,
WHICH WOULD NOT
THAT I SHOULD REIGN OVER THEM,
BRING HITHER,
AND SLAY THEM BEFORE ME.' "

YOUR INTERPRETATION OF THE PASSAGE MAKES NO SENSE.

Is it the only DELUSION in your life?

How could a BIBLE TEACHER be commanding his followers to "BRING MY ENEMIES TO ME, AND KILL THEM BEFORE ME!"

How would that even work in your head?

Did you think he was JULIUS CAESAR, or something?

I would like to know why are there no other Christians coming forward to denounce this misrepresentation of The Son of God.

Will they not later complain that GOD failed to RESPOND TO THEM, as THEY failed to CONFESS YAHSHUA BEFORE MEN?

This sort of thing is exactly what causes that.

. LUKE 12:1-10.

IN the mean time, when there were gathered together
an innumerable multitude of people,
insomuch that they trode one upon another,
he began to say unto his Disciples first of all,
"Beware ye of the Leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy.
2. "For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed;
neither hid, that shall not be known.
3. "Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness
shall be heard in the light;
and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets
shall be proclaimed upon the housetops.
4. "And I say unto you my Friends,

'BE NOT AFRAID OF THEM
THAT KILL THE BODY,
AND AFTER THAT HAVE
NO MORE THAT THEY CAN DO.'

5. "But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear:

'FEAR HIM,
WHICH AFTER HE HATH KILLED
HATH POWER
TO CAST INTO HELL;'

“Yea, I say unto you,

'FEAR HIM.' "

6. “Are not five sparrows
sold for two farthings,
and not one of them
is forgotten before God?
7. “But even the very hairs of your head
are all numbered.
Fear not therefore:
ye are of more value
than many sparrows.
8. "Also I say unto you,

'WHOSOEVER SHALL CONFESS ME
BEFORE MEN,
HIM SHALL THE SON OF MAN
ALSO CONFESS
BEFORE THE ANGELS OF GOD:
9. 'BUT HE THAT DENIETH ME
BEFORE MEN
SHALL BE DENIED
BEFORE THE ANGELS OF GOD.'

10. “And whosoever shall speak a word
against the Son of man,
it shall be forgiven him:
but unto him that blasphemeth
against The Holy Ghost
it shall not be forgiven.”

1 Like

Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by oaroloye(m): 2:18pm On Feb 11, 2017
. MATTHEW 28:16-20.

16. Then the eleven Disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
17. And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
18. And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying,
"All Power is given unto me in Heaven and in Earth.
19. "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in The Name of The Father, and of The Son, and of The Holy Ghost:
20. "Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have Commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto The End of the World." Amen.

AceRoyal:

Red your Bible very well,especially Old testament!

That is a very rude thing to say.

How old are you? I probably read the whole Bible long before you were born!

THE ONLY PERSON AUTHORIZED TO TEACH THE CHURCH IS YAHSHUA. He Commanded his Disciples to teach the World HIS TEACHINGS- not those of Moses and the Prophets.

1 Like

Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by DaimlerBen(m): 9:53am On Feb 20, 2017
blueAgent:

Atheists misinterprete Jesus quote about been slapped and all that. Jesus did not ask christains to been naive and been killed.No what Jesus meant was that christains should be willingly to go to large extent to love and help others even their enemies. But the same Jesus asked christains to sell their coat and buy a sword. This shows the real meaning of what Jesus meant. Even in the new testement their are examples of the discples punishing people for evil.eg when paul cursed Bar Jesus a magician who immediately became blind.you don't expect a christain who has been robbed often to fold his arms without equipping himself. inorder to protect his lives.
Stop misinterpreting it yourself, read the whole story.

Luke 22
35 And he said unto them, "When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing?" And they said, "Nothing."

36 Then said he unto them, "But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

37 For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, "And he was reckoned among the transgressors"; for the things concerning me have an end."

38 And they said, "Lord, behold, here are two swords." And he said unto them, "It is enough."

Isaiah 53:12b
"...and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors."

Jesus told them to buy a sword to fulfil the prophecy that he would be seen as an evil man (transgressor) who wanted to start a rebellion against Rome (Luke 23:1-5, John 18:30; 19:12-15).
How can only 2 swords be enough to defend 12 people & fight against the multitude that came to arrest Jesus? C'mon!
Even Peter was chastised for drawing his sword.
Perhaps Jews (PERHAPS) were permitted to kill in war & stone to death as punishment, but nowhere (I haven't seen it anywhere) are Christians instructed to do so, even in self defence.
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by blueAgent(m): 3:41pm On Feb 21, 2017
DaimlerBen:

Luke 22
35 And he said unto them, "When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing?" And they said, "Nothing."

36 Then said he unto them, "But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

37 For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, "And he was reckoned among the transgressors"; for the things concerning me have an end."

38 And they said, "Lord, behold, here are two swords." And he said unto them, "It is enough."

"...and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors."

Jesus told them to buy a sword to fulfil the prophecy that he would be seen as an evil man (transgressor) who wanted to start a rebellion against Rome (Luke 23:1-5, John 18:30; 19:12-15).
How can only 2 swords be enough to defend 12 people & fight against the multitude that came to arrest Jesus? C'mon!
Perhaps Jews (PERHAPS) were permitted to kill in war & stone to death as punishment, but nowhere (I haven't seen it anywhere) are Christians instructed to do so, even in self defence.

You craftly ingnored the action of paul against Bar Jesus,I guess paul was a muslim?
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by DaimlerBen(m): 6:24pm On Feb 21, 2017
blueAgent:

You craftly ingnored the action of paul against Bar Jesus,I guess paul was a muslim?

Did Paul draw a sword on Bar-Jesus?
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by blueAgent(m): 1:34pm On Feb 22, 2017
DaimlerBen:

It was obvious he cursed barJesus that lead to him becoming blind. this is contrary to your assertion that christains should be naive.

1 Like

Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by blueAgent(m): 2:03pm On Feb 22, 2017
DaimlerBen:

As far as self-defense when one’s life or property is threatened, there is not a whole lot in the Bible concerning this. Exodus 22 does show quite a bit about God’s attitude towards self-defense. "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed; but if it happens after sunrise, he is guilty of bloodshed. A thief must certainly make restitution, but if he has nothing, he must be sold to pay for his theft” (Exodus 22:2-3). Obviously, here we see that when a thief breaks into someone’s house at night and that person defends his home and slays the thief, God does not hold that death over the defender’s head.
However, God does not wish for anyone to take the law into his or her own hands. This is why it is said that if a thief is struck down during the daylight the defender is guilty of bloodshed. Now, this is speaking of thievery, not an attack. So if the thief were to attack the defender even during the day, self-defense would be justified

1 Like

Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Nobody: 12:12am On Mar 18, 2017
HardMirror:

Scriptures?
Cos I don't think so. Every murderer will go to hell. Whose orders should a christian follow? God or man? Jesus would NEVER permit a man to kill another man.

Why I love Jehovah witnesses. They don't have any business with politics or military.
abeg park well, what about, david abraham samiel and co?didn't they kill? did God not speak to them?
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:50pm On Mar 18, 2017
Christians can be soldiers and soldies can be christians. The bible neither said christians shouldnt become soldiers nor become soldiers. It never put soldiers in bad light even cornelius was baptised and was never asked to leave the army. I don't think God ever had any problem with killing bad unrepentant people.

Even you jehovah witnesses you say Jesus will use war to end the world and your governing body members say they will slay people who are not jws alongside Jesus. If Jesus detests war why will he end the wold with a war?

Being a soldier is doing a duty to your country. God or Jesus never said people should not fight for their country.
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by orisa37: 8:33am On Mar 19, 2017
Even a Born Again can be a Soldier and a Gynecologist and can kill when God instructs.
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by orisa37: 8:34am On Mar 19, 2017
Don't take God for granted on any issue.
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by asalimpo(m): 9:37pm On May 20, 2019
HardMirror:

Ask yourself, what would Jesus do? As a christian, you have no business killing anyone not even in self defense. Seems you don't read your bible.
So if some1 wants to steal your brand new car you wont fight? You'll just come down nd hand over the keys to him? How about if d robbers chased you in traffic,wont you run? How about after getting d car they asked for your wife? You'll just hand them over to them? Dude. That'll dumb. Fighting to keep a robber from taking your car nd raping your wife is different from fighting out of hate/anger malice etc.
Soldiers fight for their country to do the will of their king. Every kingdom has an army. God has warring angels,so is God a sinner when he dispatches his angels to fight the enemy?
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by asalimpo(m): 9:46pm On May 20, 2019
DaimlerBen:

Paul didnt fight physcally but he executed judgemnt on bar-jesus. He countered the enemy. He didnt sit idly nd let the enemy hav a field day? He stopped the enemy using God's power.
Every kingdom has an army. God is righteous yet he has an army of warring angels. One slaughtered 185 000 enemy soldiers that opposed King Hezekiah. How dyu reconcile that? There was also war in heaven then satan was cast out?
Re: When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? by asalimpo(m): 10:02pm On May 20, 2019
DaimlerBen:

Luke 22

i guess you pray for peace nd tranquility in your country but how will that b achieved and more importantly mantained? By destroying all weapons of war? When hitler invades you,you'll do nothing. When kim jung un plans to nuke you,you'll do nothing cuz confronting him is murder.
When thieves want rape your wife,you'll do nothing,cuz fighting is sin?
When osama sends plains hurling into your buildings,you'll pray hard nd do nothing because you had destroyed your arsenals of war . ? The bible doesnt endorse stup.idity. Peace is bought for citizens by blood nd maintained by blood-human blood. The america nd china nigerians are killing themselves to run to,how much do spend on defense? Have you seen their defense budget yet? Dyu know how many wars were fought in the OT? God gav david victories,he never died in battle. But he had to go to war. God didnt protect him alone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes / $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo / Apostle Suleman Donates €2000 To Great Ormond Hospital, UK (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.