Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,423 members, 7,812,240 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

Photos Of Hippopotamus Killed By Hunters In Abuja - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Photos Of Hippopotamus Killed By Hunters In Abuja (68326 Views)

Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) / Wild Boar Killed By Hunters In Abeokuta, Ogun State (Photos) / A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Hippopotamus Killed By Hunters In Abuja by Hades2016(m): 10:18pm On Feb 04, 2017
sekundosekundo:
Ntanta don land.
guy no kill me with laugh ooooo cheesy

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Hippopotamus Killed By Hunters In Abuja by Heffalump(m): 10:20pm On Feb 04, 2017
I know sey na the meat dey terrorise them since.
Longer throat!
Re: Photos Of Hippopotamus Killed By Hunters In Abuja by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 04, 2017
BabaCommander:
How can someone eat this disgusting animal?
What kind of hunger is this? God have mercy.

If People can eat snakes, Roches, scorpion, rats, toads and even the one called idiot then why shouldn't a terrorist hippo be confined to the grill for consumption purposes to those whom it appeals to?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Hippopotamus Killed By Hunters In Abuja by cooljude(m): 10:21pm On Feb 04, 2017
kodded:
[s][/s]did you skip the part where it was terrorising people in that area undecided

Actually it's the other way around. our population keeps exploding every year and we extend our boundaries deeper into their territory. Yes human life's come first but we should also take care of all other creatures that as being habiting those areas. Everything shouldn't be killed, in the next 50 years we would be telling our children that this is a lion, hippopotamus, elephant from the page of a book. then our kids would want to see it and our only answer would be, we ate them. How does it sound to you.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Hippopotamus Killed By Hunters In Abuja by BabaCommander: 10:25pm On Feb 04, 2017
byrron:

If People can eat snakes, Roches, scorpion, rats, toads and even the one called idiot then why shouldn't a terrorist hippo be confined to the grill for consumption purposes to those whom it appeals to?

Man, just cos someone is eating some disgusting creature doesn't make em all eatable.
The sight alone make me wanna puke...
Re: Photos Of Hippopotamus Killed By Hunters In Abuja by arceem(m): 10:26pm On Feb 04, 2017
dey must always , dats why our zoo's will always import animals with huge amounts...
Re: Photos Of Hippopotamus Killed By Hunters In Abuja by cooljude(m): 10:26pm On Feb 04, 2017
cocktopuss:
If it terrorises people then killing and eating it is justified. No animal should be respected at the expense of a human life.

But we are the ones encroaching into their space, most times they avoid Humans but we keep reducing their habitat thereby increasing the probability of an encounter with them.
Yes human life comes first, but it shouldn't be a pretext for us to wipe off this animals from the face of the earth.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Hippopotamus Killed By Hunters In Abuja by Nobody: 10:26pm On Feb 04, 2017
Horus:
Why kill an endangered species?
So painfull.This could be. put in a zoo even around Abuja
Re: Photos Of Hippopotamus Killed By Hunters In Abuja by Zane2point4(m): 10:29pm On Feb 04, 2017
Make una no carry una Reccession hunger enter south africa see these ones here.
Unless una wan make hunter become hunted.

Re: Photos Of Hippopotamus Killed By Hunters In Abuja by Nobody: 10:32pm On Feb 04, 2017
BabaCommander:

Man, just cos someone is eating some disgusting creature doesn't make em all eatable.
The sight alone make me wanna puke...

Those creatures that disgust you also appeals to some people out there, such is the dynamics of life.
Re: Photos Of Hippopotamus Killed By Hunters In Abuja by cybriz82(m): 10:33pm On Feb 04, 2017
kodded:
[s][/s]did you skip the part where it was terrorising people in that area undecided

have u ever heard of animal control service am sure u avnt cus u live in a lost country calld nigeria....n dat y God dey indirectly punish naija cus everytin na kill kill kill.
Re: Photos Of Hippopotamus Killed By Hunters In Abuja by Catastrophe: 10:34pm On Feb 04, 2017
Horus:
Lol dnt u know that in this recession we are an endangered species too??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Hippopotamus Killed By Hunters In Abuja by Nobody: 10:42pm On Feb 04, 2017
Lol.... the zoo destroying their ecosystem already. cheesy cheesy cheesy Kill all exotic animals, deforest your area and embrace the inevitable desertification. Mumu them. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Hippopotamus Killed By Hunters In Abuja by samsam2019: 10:43pm On Feb 04, 2017
Idiots just killed an endangered animal

Fools
Re: Photos Of Hippopotamus Killed By Hunters In Abuja by Nobody: 10:46pm On Feb 04, 2017
kodded:

How can an hippopotamus be terrorizing people. Does it have a gun or bad gang? Abeg forget all that one u dey yan. Nigerians will eat just anything in this reccession. My only fear is make nor go eat wetin we nor suppose chop thereby creating a new type of virus that can wipe the whole country.
Re: Photos Of Hippopotamus Killed By Hunters In Abuja by LorDBolton(m): 10:46pm On Feb 04, 2017
Ok usually I don't care for snakes... but hippo??

Chai see waste! Wonder what our NOI and other relevant agencies are doing as regards hunter education.

Catch it alive and sell to zoos or wildlife reserves...kenya n RSA make big bucks off their wildlife

anyway I OBSERVED 2 THINGS TODAY:
1)I was in a BRT today and noticed people kept 'jumping' over the barrier at mile 12, yet same people will probably be at the protest on Monday to ask where's the change

2) a car was on fire (just the engine part) around ile-ile (ketu) and the panicked owner was frantically shouting water...a man swiftly came across and used his own 'fire extinguisher' to douse the flame... I remember frsc abi vio trying to enforce it (fire extinguisher in vehicles)

I believe if you're smart then you already know what I realised from those 2 events.

Smh

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Hippopotamus Killed By Hunters In Abuja by HAH: 10:52pm On Feb 04, 2017
Horus:
hippos are not endangered species, however I agree why with you by saying why kill an innocent animal
Re: Photos Of Hippopotamus Killed By Hunters In Abuja by Nobody: 10:53pm On Feb 04, 2017
LorDBolton:
Ok usually I don't care for snakes... but hippo??

Chai see waste! Wonder what our NOI and other relevant agencies are doing as regards hunter education.

Catch it alive and sell to zoos or wildlife reserves...kenya n RSA make big bucks off their wildlife

anyway I OBSERVED 2 THINGS TODAY:
1)I was in a BRT today and noticed people kept 'jumping' over the barrier at mile 12, yet same people will probably be at the protest on Monday to ask where's the change

2) a car was on fire (just the engine part) around ile-ile (ketu) and the panicked owner was frantically shouting water...a man swiftly came across and used his own 'fire extinguisher' to douse the flame... I remember frsc abi vio trying to enforce it (fire extinguisher in vehicles)

I believe if you're smart then you already know what I realised from those 2 events.

Smh

The zoo populace ain't smart. Watching in 3d as they will be chattering like hypnotized monkeys on the 6th. cool
Re: Photos Of Hippopotamus Killed By Hunters In Abuja by Laple0541(m): 10:54pm On Feb 04, 2017
Horus:
One or two arrests need to be made.
Re: Photos Of Hippopotamus Killed By Hunters In Abuja by me69: 10:57pm On Feb 04, 2017
SalamRushdie:
As usual they must kill it and eat it
Make they bury am

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Hippopotamus Killed By Hunters In Abuja by Nobody: 10:58pm On Feb 04, 2017
They will kill and eat any animal, anyhow.
Re: Photos Of Hippopotamus Killed By Hunters In Abuja by swimmer: 11:01pm On Feb 04, 2017
Divay22:
Are they gonna eat it undecided

Noooo. They re taking it to the museum.
grin grin
Re: Photos Of Hippopotamus Killed By Hunters In Abuja by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:12pm On Feb 04, 2017
Horus:

Re: Photos Of Hippopotamus Killed By Hunters In Abuja by Divay22(f): 11:13pm On Feb 04, 2017
swimmer:

Noooo. They re taking it to the museum.
grin grin
Will you eat it
Re: Photos Of Hippopotamus Killed By Hunters In Abuja by Abbeyme: 11:13pm On Feb 04, 2017
NaijaTalkTown:
That is a sentence/statement not word.

You are welcome.

I agree
Re: Photos Of Hippopotamus Killed By Hunters In Abuja by Abbeyme: 11:14pm On Feb 04, 2017
Pato23:

One word.... I see!

Actually, in One Simple Sentence....
Re: Photos Of Hippopotamus Killed By Hunters In Abuja by SalomonKane: 11:14pm On Feb 04, 2017
Nigerians and food. That's the only thing they know how to do, consume any and everything that looks like food.
Re: Photos Of Hippopotamus Killed By Hunters In Abuja by Banjiplus(m): 11:20pm On Feb 04, 2017
chie8:
According to Sadiq Isah,a ex-Daily Trust journalist,a hippopotamus that has been terrorising the residents of Abaji and Kwali area councils was gunned down today.I don't really know where Abaji and Kwali are but google search revealed that they are in Abuja.He wrote....

'A hippopotamus that has been terrorising residents of the riverine communities of Abaji and Kwali area council has at last been gunned down today at the River Gurara forest I'm Ashara village of Kwali area council by local hunters'.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/02/see-hippopotamus-gunned-down-by-hunters.html
hippo has be terrorizing their stomach with hunger
Re: Photos Of Hippopotamus Killed By Hunters In Abuja by DauraDullard0(m): 11:22pm On Feb 04, 2017
SalamRushdie:
As usual they must kill it and eat it
Blame Buhari and the recession he brought.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Hippopotamus Killed By Hunters In Abuja by Divay22(f): 11:24pm On Feb 04, 2017
Hippopotamus for that matter....na so una take they bring disease so angry angry angry......

How many of you have to silently sing the song when asked to spell Hippopotamus during dictation time grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Photos Of Hippopotamus Killed By Hunters In Abuja by Limitless72(m): 11:24pm On Feb 04, 2017
Horus:

Are you in nigeria at all...I no sure sey u dey!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Python Gunned Down In Badagry While Swallowing A Goat It Strangled To Death / Chimpanzee Follows Farmer Home In Cross River State (photos) / The Sciences Discussion Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.