Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,206 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! (16492 Views)

Biafra: Stop Talking About War - Adeboye / Please Stop Abusing Scientific Theories Out Of Ignorance / It's Only God And Apostle Suleman's Wife That Can Condemn Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! by Nobody: 10:10pm On Feb 05, 2017
Kenshinmunac:

Guy.. .. . Leave people with their religion.

You cant tell me your christinaity is the true religion out of plenty religion, moreover chrisitianity is a new religion..
There are about 4200 religions world wide and realistically, as a Christian or Muslim, there is only a 0.00024% chance that you're in the right one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 05, 2017
Origin:
If I ask you who created you?
God.
Who do you give thanks to, appreciate , worship?

If you hesitate.

You are just thinking of ways to defend a wrong thought process.

God gave man the ability to choose between doing right or wrong. Man will choose by himself where he ends up on the day when the Scales are made cleared.

If you cheat someone. You've cheated yourself.
Lie to someone. You lied to yourself.
Cos you and only you will benefit from your deeds.

God has been good he has sent many reminders to us so we can have no excuse.
The 5yr old who died of cancer also must have chosen where he ended up. Only selfish people can be religious really. "Other people have died or been maimed but as long as it hasn't happened to me, praise the living Jesus"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! by MrPRevailer(m): 10:51pm On Feb 05, 2017
Chrisrare:
I just hate it when pple come out and lie dat God loves the world... God loves the world and yet in the time it took the op to write dis piece of gabbage, about 5000 children around the world must have died as a result of starvation and sickness. Op the joke is on you and your imaginary God.

You have MONEY. Is God to blame for you using you're money and power to oppress/suppress peoplein poverty and want. Is he to blame for the lab engineered pathogens that the Elites use on the populace to generate a Multi-trillion dollar revenue annually in the pharmaceutical industry?

I may not know how to ask you questions. But the God of wisdom sure knows how. You'll have to answer him.
Re: Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! by Kenshinmunac(m): 11:29pm On Feb 05, 2017
yemimajid:
There are about 4200 religions world wide and realistically, as a Christian or Muslim, there is only a 0.00024% chance that you're in the right one.

Don't mind them, I don't know why they try to always threaten people and force their religion on them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! by Nobody: 11:34pm On Feb 05, 2017
Omudia11:
Telling a student they would fail if they don't study... Is that a threat sir?
Did u read what I wrote?
Even if a student fail, there is always chance for resit?
Re: Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! by Nobody: 11:37pm On Feb 05, 2017
MrPRevailer:

You have MONEY. Is God to blame for you using you're money and power to oppress/suppress peoplein poverty and want. Is he to blame for the lab engineered pathogens that the Elites use on the populace to generate a Multi-trillion dollar revenue annually in the pharmaceutical industry?

I may not know how to ask you questions. But the God of wisdom sure knows how. You'll have to answer him.
But god is responsible for the good things like saving someone from accident?
Re: Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! by Anita1875(f): 1:08am On Feb 06, 2017
akintom:

The question is this: what's wrathing your god?
On whose side are u? Seun?
Re: Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! by Nobody: 1:42am On Feb 06, 2017
Very typical theist approach, fear and intimidation. To borrow from the lovely bible in the book of 1st Kings

[27] At noon Elijah began to taunt them. "Shout louder!" he said. "Surely he is a god! Perhaps he is deep in thought, or busy, or traveling. Maybe he is sleeping and must be awakened." [28] So they shouted louder and slashed themselves with swords and spears, as was their custom, until their blood flowed. [29] Midday passed, and they continued their frantic prophesying until the time for the evening sacrifice. But there was no response, no one answered, no one paid attention.

Elijah makes a brilliant point here. We atheists insult and criticise the idea and supposed characteristics of a god almost everyday on nairaland and even in real life and yet nothing happens, Suen hasn't dropped dead, nairaland servers haven't crashed permanently, nothing. All the theists here how many years have you personally been prarying for Nigeria to get better or for sickness or wars to never exist and yet here we are. As the bible pointed out no one has responded, no one has answered, and no one has paid attention-maybe because there is no one to pay attention.

[36] At the time of sacrifice, the prophet Elijah stepped forward and prayed: "O LORD, God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel, let it be known today that you are God in Israel and that I am your servant and have done all these things at your command. [37] Answer me, O LORD, answer me, so these people will know that you, O LORD, are God, and that you are turning their hearts back again."

It does seem "god" was quite happy to set a sacrifice on fire to prove he was the only true god and to turn the peoples hearts back to him. Why is it so difficult to ptovr himself now?

Anyway sha what am I saying we are the foolish ones

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! by Igbokao: 3:19am On Feb 06, 2017
Out of over 1000 different, nonexistent, imagery Gods being worshiped on our planet by different religions I'm not sure which one is suffering the abuse. Is it the God at bottom of the sea? Or, is it God of the mountains? Or is it the God that lives in a nonexistent heaven? What is the form of this abuse? Physical or verbal? And, why is your God incapable of speaking for himself, and stopping people from abusing him?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! by akintom(m): 6:48am On Feb 06, 2017
Anita1875:

On whose side are u? Seun?
why is your Jewish idol always angry, wrath, bellicose, petty and childish?

The very idea of your god, is the most idiotic concept in human experience.

The idiocy inherent god idea is the absence of its intervention in human affairs, yet religious folks go crying to an idea - it's pathetic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! by menxer: 7:00am On Feb 06, 2017
Omudia11:
Acknowledging the existence of a thing don't make you a worshipper of it. We are monotheists.

Is it not contradictory to be a Christian monotheist and acknowledge the existence of Allah at the same time?

1 Like

Re: Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! by menxer: 7:12am On Feb 06, 2017
Kenshinmunac:

Don't mind them, I don't know why they try to always threaten people and force their religion on them.

How did Christianity/Islam came to us?
By force and threats, like the crusades and jihads

Or Use of Force and threats can be subtle, like evangelism.
Re: Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! by Omudia11: 8:58am On Feb 06, 2017
Doesn't the bible tell you that there are other gods? But that the almighty GOD is the greatest and true God?
menxer:

Is it not contradictory to be a Christian monotheist and acknowledge the existence of Allah at the same time?
Re: Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! by Omudia11: 8:59am On Feb 06, 2017
Answer my question with a yes or no!

Is it a threat when a student is told that they would fail if they don't study?
charliboy654:

Did u read what I wrote?
Even if a student fail, there is always chance for resit?
Re: Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! by Omudia11: 9:02am On Feb 06, 2017
You are the fool... Get some knowledge before quoting me.

Even demons acknowledge that there's God, but do they worship him? No..they worship the devil

Even the bible contains tales of other numerous gods and how they're powerless. As a christian, if you don't believe that there're other gods you're a big fool. All those other gods are only seen as demons and demonic entities in Christianity.

Don't quote me in your oblivion.
seeniorboy:

First class fool
Its obvious you are confused right?!you need to get more explanation

Contradicting your post yourself
Re: Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! by parisbookaddict(f): 9:14am On Feb 06, 2017
lepasharon:

I'm nocturnal mate. Parisbookaddict also looses sleep over a non existent Allah. I guess the OP is not a real Christian cos shes fighting for Jebus

I have never acknowledged the existance of the mahhammeds imagined allah.
I have compared allah to the devil yes.

By the way i am firmly against islam and the hateful quran but not muslims.. get your "facts" right..
Re: Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! by menxer: 9:57am On Feb 06, 2017
Omudia11:
Doesn't the bible tell you that there are other gods? But that the almighty GOD is the greatest and true God?

Same claim is made by other religions in their holy books, so what?

OK, there are other gods and you forgot that a God is not a God without followers/worshipers.

That Sir Wilker is popular among Akwa Ibomites doesn't make him any less a musician than Jay Z.

Almighty God is a title, like Prime Minister or Senate President.
Re: Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! by frank317: 10:13am On Feb 06, 2017
femi4:
Oponu!

You are against religion, yet you call yourself Peter.

Alainironu ara Galatia

lol... how dumb can anyone get. Even if his name is Jesus... he still does not give a fuk about your religion

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 06, 2017
frank317:

lol... how dumb can anyone get. Even if his name is Jesus... he still does not give a fuk about your religion
You are even minding the dude. He needs his brain resetted to default
Re: Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! by frank317: 10:36am On Feb 06, 2017
Omudia11:
Excuse me miss. I've reminded you countlessly to be informed before jumping into conclusions. You just don't get it do you? We do not believe in allah.. We only believe in its existence.

Allah exists, but is a demon and certainly not the creator of the universe.

Muslims believe that Allah is the creator of the universe, even Kingebuka who is a christian believes so too.

Now look at what you are doing... you are comfortably calling Muslim's God a demon. But if atheists call your Yahweh a non existent God, you all will start crying. You Christians feel only you have the right to say mean things about other people's belief. Imagine you calling Muslims God a demon. Judge yourself before you judge others. You easily feel persecuted when you are paid back with your own coin.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! by Omudia11: 10:40am On Feb 06, 2017
A God is a God whether with zero followers or one million followers. Whatever they claim isn't my business. This is our position as Christians.
menxer:

Same claim is made by other religions in their holy books, so what?

OK, there are other gods and you forgot that a God is not a God without followers/worshipers.

That Sir Wilker is popular among Akwa Ibomites doesn't make him any less a musician than Jay Z.

Almighty God is a title, like Prime Minister or Senate President.
Re: Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! by frank317: 10:42am On Feb 06, 2017
MrPRevailer:

Exactly! No God exists to determine how people use their money. No God should be blamed for both God and bad decisions people make because no God exists. simple.
Re: Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! by frank317: 10:50am On Feb 06, 2017
Omudia11:

Even demons acknowledge that there's God, but do they worship him? No..they worship the devil

Even the bible contains tales of other numerous gods and how they're powerless. As a christian, if you don't believe that there're other gods you're a big fool. All those other gods are only seen as demons and demonic entities in Christianity.

look at how u are getting angry and abusing people for a supposedly creator of the universe. Dont u think you are embarrassing this God if it exists? your so called creator who actually created the world cannot talk, instead u are wailing like u are God. how long will u continue fooling yourself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! by menxer: 12:09pm On Feb 06, 2017
Omudia11:
A God is a God whether with zero followers or one million followers. Whatever they claim isn't my business. This is our position as Christians.

Then how is your claim any body's business?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! by Omudia11: 4:23pm On Feb 06, 2017
Read and comprehend... It is the business of Christians.
menxer:

Then how is your claim any body's business?
Re: Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! by seeniorboy(m): 5:59pm On Feb 06, 2017
Omudia11:

You are still not getting it right cos you are still much far from a leaner

try and get to know what you are preaching right
Once again_you are contradicting your post yourself
Re: Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! by menxer: 6:05pm On Feb 06, 2017
Omudia11:

...To make incontestable claims, abi?

You can't force anybody to accept your claims and there is no point being uncivil about it.

1 Like

Re: Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! by lepasharon(f): 6:07pm On Feb 06, 2017
Omudia11:

Then keep ur religion to urself
Re: Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! by lepasharon(f): 7:17pm On Feb 06, 2017
parisbookaddict:

I have never acknowledged the existance of the mahhammeds imagined allah.
I have compared allah to the devil yes.

By the way i am firmly against islam and the hateful quran but not muslims.. get your "facts" right
What facts did I get wrong Did I ever say you were against muslims? undecided
Re: Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! by HCpaul(m): 10:39pm On Feb 06, 2017
yemimajid:

Out of these 4200 gods, the Christians only believe in one (1) and leaving the other 4199 gods aside.

If a Christian goes to the Biblical heaven automatically, (s)he is going to the hell fire of the other 4199 gods.

Beside, we are all atheist just that your believe in the gods is 1:4200 while we atheists is 0:4200

1/4200 is equal to 0.0002 ~ 0

We are all atheists....

Also, your god shouldn't have killed his firstborn and only begotten son (that is inappropriate and highly immoral) for the sake of humanity.... Knowing that we are sane homo sapience, he should have just say Hi and watch the entire human race digressing back to him. I still don't get it why god(s) is homocentric

Out of deception, the Biblical writers claimed that Jesus said that there won't be any sign (evidence) given to the coming generations. That is an unintelligent way of fooling the 21st century genius and the centuries beyond.

That's deceptive..... Can't just imagine how a donkey spoke in the old testament and the same occurrence failed to reoccur in modern era The day donkeys starts speaking is the day I will start taking the Christians serious.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! by hopefulLandlord: 12:50am On Feb 07, 2017
HCpaul:

Out of deception, the Biblical writers claimed that Jesus said that there won't be any sign (evidence) given to the coming generations. That is an unintelligent way of fooling the 21st century genius and the beyond centuries.

That's deceptive..... Can't just imagine how a donkey spoke in the old testament and the same occurrence failed to reoccur in modern era The day donkeys starts speaking is the day I will start taking the Christians serious.[/i]
as for me, I'll start taking them serious when their Yahweh explains the two contradictory creation stories in Genesis 1 and 2 or our Christians reconcile it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? / Mistakes Most Christians In Nigeria Make

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.