Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,263 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

I Nominate Myself To Lead A National Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Nominate Myself To Lead A National Protest (1004 Views)

Fayose: Ekiti Election Is A National Embarrassment, There Is Danger Ahead / Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster / National Protest: Organizers Release Timetable For February 5th Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Nominate Myself To Lead A National Protest by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 7:02am On Feb 05, 2017
Following the apparent failure of the Tuface led protest, I have decided to step forward and lead a National protest against the monumental failure of our elected leaders.

I want to see a better Nigeria and this will not come about by wishful thinking.

There are 1.7 million users on this site. If 10, 000 people support me, I shall begin preparations to lead a nationwide , thunderous protest that will make our voices heard.

I have partipated in protests before (june12) and I know what I am talking about.

We need to act and save our country for ourselves and our children.

I am ready to lead and I will NEVER EVER back down.

'Like' this if you approve and 'share' this to all your contacts to spread the word. Let's move this to the front page

Let us start a movement.

God bless you. God bless Nigeria.

12 Likes

Re: I Nominate Myself To Lead A National Protest by Ahmadgani(m): 7:25am On Feb 05, 2017
On what ground are you willing to lead a protest?

Are you ready to take responsibilty for the physical, emotional and psycholological attack that will be thrown at the protestants?

You need to also give us an insight of how you intend to lead this protest successfully
Re: I Nominate Myself To Lead A National Protest by Nobody: 7:58am On Feb 05, 2017
Look at the coward above me.. Common protest, Nigerian youths cannot organise. they are intimated and timid. Protest wey oyinbo they organise like water. I'm fearful for the future of this country.

3 Likes

Re: I Nominate Myself To Lead A National Protest by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:58am On Feb 05, 2017
Ahmadgani:
On what ground are you willing to lead a protest?

Are you ready to take responsibilty for the physical, emotional and psycholological attack that will be thrown at the protestants?

You need to also give us an insight of how you intend to lead this protest successfully

Thank you Ahmadgani for your question(s)

On what ground are you willing to lead a protest

First in my mind and the minds of many, the Innocent Idibia movement has lost momentum. Let us at least praise him for stimulating the discussion
I do not think any observer of Nigeria events can reasonably ask why a protest should be held. There are various reasons:

1 Are you happy that our Nation is led by a 74 year old man who fought in the civil war? Are there no younger people?
2. Are you happy that the inflation rate is in the double digits?
3. Are you aware that while Nigerians are dying of hunger and the minimum wage is N18,000 ; Senators and House of Rep members are the highest paid in the world?
4. Are you aware that no hospital in Nigeria meets the designation of a level 1, 2 or 3 trauma center?
5. Are you aware that Nigeria exports doctors as economic refugees to all corners of the globe while the citizens die at home?
6. Are you cognizant of the half-assed fight against corruption?
7. Do you know that Nigeria is presently and for a long time being undergoing de-industralization
8.Do you know that elections in this country are a sham and a joke?
9. Do you know that there is insecurity in Nigeria?
10. Do you know that the naira is at its lowest point in history and there is no intelligent agenda to rescue it?
11. Do you know that some economists put Nigeria's unemployment rate at 70% ? In comparison the unemployment rate in the US is currently 4.3% - yet Americans protested against the democrats?
12. Do you have 12 hours of power daily in your town or village?
13. Do you have publicly supplied running water?
14. do you have access to quality education so you can make something of yourself?
15. Are you happy with your life?

Are you ready to take responsibility for the physical, emotional and psychological attack that will be thrown at the protestants?

Yes, I am. It shall be a peaceful protest like the 2012 subsidy protest.
But anything can happen, because Nigeria is at present a lawless society.
This should not dissuade us.
If we are not ready to confront evil and failed government, we shall live as slaves forever. Nigerians are already daily subjected to physical assault, emotional and psychological attack. We might as well channel our suffering into real change.
South Africans did not become free by fearing the white oppressors, Martin Luther was beaten and brutalized in Alabama.

I will lead from the front.

That will be for the organizing council to decide the details when it is set up. Revolutionary tactics are not discussed openly in the village square

LET US START A MOVEMENT
GOD BLESS YOU. GOD BLESS NIGERIA

I am stepping forward to be counted; what about you?
Like and share

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Nominate Myself To Lead A National Protest by Abudu2000(m): 12:18pm On Feb 05, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

First in my mind and the minds of many, the Innocent Idibia movement has lost momentum. Let us at least praise him for stimulating the discussion
I do not think any observer of Nigeria events can reasonably ask why a protest should be held. There are various reasons:

1 Are you happy that our Nation is led by a 74 year old man who fought in the civil war? Are there no younger people?
3. Are you aware that while Nigerians are dying of hunger and the minimum wage is N18,000 ; Senators and House of Rep members are the highest paid in the world?
4. Are you aware that no hospital in Nigeria meets the designation of a level 1, 2 or 3 trauma center?
5. Are you aware that Nigeria exports doctors as economic refugees to all corners of the globe while the citizens die at home?
7. Do you know that Nigeria is presently and for a long time being undergoing de-industralization
10. Do you know that the naira is at its lowest point in history and there is no intelligent agenda to rescue it?
11. Do you know that some economists put Nigeria's unemployment rate at 70% ? In comparison the unemployment rate in the US is currently 4.3% - yet Americans protested against the democrats?
14. do you have access to quality education so you can make something of yourself?

Are you ready to take responsibility for the physical, emotional and psychological attack that will be thrown at the protestants?

Yes, I do. It shall be a peaceful protest like the 2012 subsidy protest.

But anything can happen, because Nigeria is at present a lawless society. This should not dissuade us. If we are not ready to confront evil and failed government, we shall live as slaves forever. Nigerians are already daily subjected to physical assault, emotional and psychological attack. We might as well channel our suffering into real change.
South Africans did not become free by fearing the white oppressors, Martin Luther was beaten and brutalized in Alabama.

That will be for the organizing council to decide the details when it is set up. Revolutionary tactics are not discussed openly in the village square

LET US START A MOVEMENT

Like and share
baba, I'm solidly behind you if you are willing to take a stand,but frankly 2face really fall allot of hands, I loved that guy but I can't be following a coward on Twitter,Instagram and Facebook so I already unfollowed him. I urge others too to unfollow him so he will feel what it means to have people follow your lead and then disappoint them.....

1 Like

Re: I Nominate Myself To Lead A National Protest by WebSurfer(m): 12:20pm On Feb 05, 2017
Bros which brand you take abeg,

No be by all these grammar o
Re: I Nominate Myself To Lead A National Protest by Ahmadgani(m): 12:32pm On Feb 05, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:
Following the apparent failure of the Tuface led protest, I have decided to step forward and lead a National protest against the monumental failure of our elected leaders.

I want to see a better Nigeria and this will not come about by wishful thinking.

There are 1.7 million users on this site. If 10, 000 people support me, I shall begin preparations to lead a nationwide , thunderous protest that will make our voices heard.

I have partipated in protests before (june12) and I know what I am talking about.

'Like' this if you approve and 'share' this to all your contacts to spread the word.

Let us start a movement.

i stand with you 100% and i am ready to die if others willing to. I think just 1000 volunteers are enough. #letsprotest
Re: I Nominate Myself To Lead A National Protest by Ahmadgani(m): 12:36pm On Feb 05, 2017
SergeyMavrodi:
Look at the coward above me.. Common protest, Nigerian youths cannot organise. they are intimated and timid. Protest wey oyinbo they organise like water. I'm fearful for the future of this country.
you know nothing about me. Have you ever been shot at? Believe me my brother if i say I have seen worse days in terms of agitating for my right and that of others. I am not a coward. #lestsprotest and die for our rights
Re: I Nominate Myself To Lead A National Protest by redsconsult(m): 12:52pm On Feb 05, 2017
guy you just list all problems we are facing but failed to give solutions to each problem confronting the masses meaning you are also going to do same if put in position....

we dont need much grammar, pick one grammar that solves most or all problems confronting us ... for me i will choose protest for referendum on true federalism and scraping of Senate..shikena
Re: I Nominate Myself To Lead A National Protest by kaypeters: 3:20pm On Mar 14, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

'Like' this if you approve and 'share' this to all your contacts to spread the word. Let's move this to the front page

Let us start a movement.

dis OP has senseless since God knws wen... wen he was in d womb. I blame ur mum... u shud av bin flushed
Re: I Nominate Myself To Lead A National Protest by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 4:27pm On Mar 14, 2017
kaypeters:
dis OP has senseless since God knws wen... wen he was in d womb. I blame ur mum... u shud av bin flushed

You don't have a job, you cannot coherently express yourself in English but claim you are a graduate.
Who knows what other factors are holding you back?
Dont pay heed to all those people on Nairaland who tell you fluency in spoken and written English does not matter. They are below standard and do not know better.
I have been an employee and an employer. I know where the bar is set and it is higher than you seem to realize.
More still: don't blame me for your problems.
Look inward and identify the real issues. Seek improvement.

Just saying bro.

P.S.
And because it seems to be a recurring problem for you, I have highlighted in bold type your most recent grammatical and spelling errors.

PS. PS
Leave my precious mum out of this ok? Shes a fine woman.

1 Like

Re: I Nominate Myself To Lead A National Protest by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 05, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Yes, I am. It shall be a peaceful protest like the 2012 subsidy protest.
But anything can happen, because Nigeria is at present a lawless society.
This should not dissuade us.
If we are not ready to confront evil and failed government, we shall live as slaves forever. Nigerians are already daily subjected to physical assault, emotional and psychological attack. We might as well channel our suffering into real change.

LET US START A MOVEMENT

Like and share
Wow, didn't know you're this smart. No offence!!
Re: I Nominate Myself To Lead A National Protest by profhezekiah: 5:22pm On Apr 05, 2017
Count me in am joining U

(1) (Reply)

Ibori: Why Are The Afonjas Crying More Than The Bereaved? / BREAKING: I Can’t Disclose Buhari’s Health Status – Osinbajo / Army Arrrest Two Soldiers Who Brutalised A Cripple For Wearing Their Camo-video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.